Options

[2020 ELECTION] THREAD OF WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FORK

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don’t know how I feel about ragging on Trump because he shutdown the whole country, because he didn’t, the governors basically agreed to among themselves, and also because I think any reasonable person would agree that the hard shutdown period was at least a month or so too short.

When you fuck up the virus response so badly it crushes the country for as long as it has? Yeah you can get tagged for shutting it down. Like his party hasn't done shit with stimulus or helping states recover, he owns the shutdown.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Yet another Trump Shutdown.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    That video is cheesy but I kinda like it? They laid out simple policy goals, made Trump look bad, and did it to the music and editing style of a generic HGTV show.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I don’t know how I feel about ragging on Trump because he shutdown the whole country, because he didn’t, the governors basically agreed to among themselves, and also because I think any reasonable person would agree that the hard shutdown period was at least a month or so too short.

When you fuck up the virus response so badly it crushes the country for as long as it has? Yeah you can get tagged for shutting it down. Like his party hasn't done shit with stimulus or helping states recover, he owns the shutdown.

Yeah the lack of a solid testing and contact tracing plan is part of why hard shutdowns were necessary, and why those shutdowns (and softer shutdowns) are lasting so long. And his refusal to put a fucking mask on is part of why we still have so many things shut down, and are probably looking at a second round of hard shutdowns if the political will exists.

When you don’t have the ability to identify and trace positive individuals, and when you resist measures to reduce spread, shutdowns are the only tool that’s left. And you can’t lay it all at the feet of governors, because there are maskholes in every state and the president has been their king. That’s a coast to coast problem created and fed specifically by him.

So yeah. He owns a lot of the shutdown. Similar to the death toll. Would we have had tens of thousands dead regardless of who’s in office? Yes. Would it likely be a hundred thousand less if it wasn’t Trump? Also yes. Would there have been shutdowns regardless? Yes. Could it have been less with a proper response? Also yes.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    OMG, guess what Trump’s new line is?

Fucking China will pay for the stimulus!!

Talk about reality’s hack writers recycling season 2016 in the dumbest way possible, BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options

Talk about reality’s hack writers recycling season 2016 in the dumbest way possible, BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean he's coming through on mexico paying for the wall. He just didn't mention they'd do it to keep our plague ridden asses from them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

The same China that he's accusing of giving us this virus on purpose? Yeah, they're gonna pay up. Sure.

Well, I guess he can just take it out of the proceeds of the trade war that we're totally winning... oh wait...

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I think it's time we stop pretending when he said "pay for it" that he means money.

• Options
    HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular

Trump shut down the government over funding for his wall, I know it was millenia ago, in the before times, but it should not be forgotten.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    So we're really going to have each candidate simultaneously do their own separate shows tonight. This is surreal and so fucking stupid. I don't blame Biden for trying to salvage the debate, though.

Are we gonna have a separate thread(s) for these things?

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    He’s talking about tariffs again huh

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Hydropolo wrote: »

Trump shut down the government over funding for his wall, I know it was millenia ago, in the before times, but it should not be forgotten.

His approval rating tanked over the whole fiasco so it's worth reminding folk about it.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Nobeard wrote: »
    So we're really going to have each candidate simultaneously do their own separate shows tonight. This is surreal and so fucking stupid. I don't blame Biden for trying to salvage the debate, though.

My initial thought is that we can just accommodate them in here, and this will encourage people to provide context for their comments instead of just posting hot takes.

The alternative is having three goddamn election threads active at once, and hahahahahahaNO.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    God dammit Jeffe how do you do this every time?

Quid on
  • Options
    God damn twitter is down, so politics news isn't happening. ITS NOT HAPPENING MAN!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    God damn twitter is down, so politics news isn't happening. ITS NOT HAPPENING MAN!

Excellent.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

My initial thought is that we can just accommodate them in here, and this will encourage people to provide context for their comments instead of just posting hot takes.

The alternative is having three goddamn election threads active at once, and hahahahahahaNO.

i mean to be fair the third one is a waste of time both for relevance and entertainment value so we'd really only need two i mean just saying does anybody on the planet really want to know what jorgensen has to say

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

i mean to be fair the third one is a waste of time both for relevance and entertainment value so we'd really only need two i mean just saying does anybody on the planet really want to know what jorgensen has to say

I get a thrill reading tweets that Jorgensen puts out and the absolutely delusional people who believe in that candidacy. It's like star citizen fans talking about how the game is almost in alpha.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »

Excellent.

I've seen a couple people saying this, but the website is still up for me?

Probably not the worst time for it to be down, if so, because the top trend has been bot bullshit for hours at this point. Bleh.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular

I don't think there's enough booze in the world for the mods to be able to handle three election threads.

But yeah, I agree- Trump weaseled his way into something he shouldn't have yet again because the media wants a damn horserace- and the potential for a Trump public speaking event to be like a massive interstate pileup in action, as people want to watch it as it happens, and gawk the whole time. In a regular election, he's perched on his throne in the Oval Office bathroom issuing proclamations over Twitter while Biden eats his lunch over what a fucking whiny child he is.

Let me guess: honor system or NBC just said "fuck it, we'll forgo the COVID tests for those sweet, sweet eyeballs on us" as far as the whole 'everyone tested before the town hall' promise?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    NBC is basically responsible for trump anyways..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »

I don't think there's enough booze in the world for the mods to be able to handle three election threads.

But yeah, I agree- Trump weaseled his way into something he shouldn't have yet again because the media wants a damn horserace- and the potential for a Trump public speaking event to be like a massive interstate pileup in action, as people want to watch it as it happens, and gawk the whole time. In a regular election, he's perched on his throne in the Oval Office bathroom issuing proclamations over Twitter while Biden eats his lunch over what a fucking whiny child he is.

Let me guess: honor system or NBC just said "fuck it, we'll forgo the COVID tests for those sweet, sweet eyeballs on us" as far as the whole 'everyone tested before the town hall' promise?

NBC is not going to do testing. Like there is no way Trump agreed to a test he can't control. So they'll trust his absolutely lying ass doctor to say he's clear and that's that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    best result tonight is probably if nobody really cares about biden's event and trump says something completely idiotic

so really the most likely outcome

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

Wait, Jorgenson is having one too?

I thought the third one was the Trump one (definitely a waste of time both for relevance and entertainment value), and the other two would be this one and the Biden specific one.

• Options
    best result tonight is probably if nobody really cares about biden's event and trump says something completely idiotic

Well people should tune into the Biden one to see what a non fucking crazy person with empathy sounds like, but we'll see. As I recall their separate night townhalls Trump's was lower rated. I think Quid earlier said a lot of people can't stand hearing that human stain talk.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Well people should tune into the Biden one to see what a non fucking crazy person with empathy sounds like, but we'll see. As I recall their separate night townhalls Trump's was lower rated. I think Quid earlier said a lot of people can't stand hearing that human stain talk.

That’s just a guess on my part.

Last cycle I and lots of others might have out of sheer curiosity as to what Trump would say because of the absurd spectacle.

But now that’s just a Tuesday. Trump is going to make outlandish BS claims. I know if I take away my obvious distaste for the man, I’d still probably tune in to the one offering something different from the last four years of shrieking rage.

Quid on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Honestly, hearing him talk makes my brain ooze out of my ears. He sounds stupid, lazy, vile and disgusting

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Do we know if the people for the town hall have been groomed and curated? I assume Trump will only get softballs and rant for 2h.

• Options
    Handkor wrote: »
    Do we know if the people for the town hall have been groomed and curated? I assume Trump will only get softballs and rant for 2h.

He got softballs at the last one and still fucked them up. Like dude could whiff on a teaball set up.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Honestly, hearing him talk makes my brain ooze out of my ears. He sounds stupid, lazy, vile and disgusting

And he's sounded that way through 50 years of public life, but people are still surprised...how, I have no idea.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »

He got softballs at the last one and still fucked them up. Like dude could whiff on a teaball set up.

Frankly just being on air ranting is bad for him. We keep seeing stories about "How are the ratings..." but we already know that everybody will be watching for Trump for self-immolation. It'd be nice for him to be asked something that he considers "nasty".

Maybe someone will look him in the eyes and start their question with: "My mother died of COVID last week..."

• Options
    MorganV wrote: »

Wait, Jorgenson is having one too?

I thought the third one was the Trump one (definitely a waste of time both for relevance and entertainment value), and the other two would be this one and the Biden specific one.

gonna be honest i heard three and just assumed

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    White House was warned Giuliani was target of Russian intelligence operation to feed misinformation to Trump
    U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter.

The warnings were based on multiple sources, including intercepted communications, that showed Giuliani was interacting with people tied to Russian intelligence during a December 2019 trip to Ukraine, where he was gathering information that he thought would expose corrupt acts by former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

The intelligence raised concerns that Giuliani was being used to feed Russian misinformation to the president, the former officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information and conversations.

So our Intelligence agencies know Giuliani is being used by the Russians for misinformation targeted at Trump and around Biden. Even more so after the bullshit from earlier this week shows how much effort is being put into this by Putin and his people.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Jesus, I only just saw this and never saw it mentioned here, but apparently the Trump Campaign has managed to take down the most patient man in Washington. Seems Scully lied about some tweets that were sent back when the second debate was up in the air, saying his account had been hacked rather than trying to defend them. He's been suspended, I'm sure he'll be fine in the long run, but damn this entire election season is just leaving everything in its path in ruins.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    This is as close to punishment as we can expect from the media, I guess. So busy turning news into tabloid-level clickbait that they've ruined legitimate discourse in the country for generations.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I haven't decided which town hall I want to watch. I doubt anyone normal will be at Trump's, and I can't stand hearing him talk... But I have already voted for Biden. So it's a toss up...

While stopping by the ER to drop off some things for mom (because I can't be with her or Dad while he's undergoing emergency surgery thanks to the TRUMP VIRUS grr...), I noticed that a local station is hosting a Trump rally next week.
    WRPW (Cities 92.9) is an FM broadcast conservative radio station in Central Illinois with a talk format. WRPW, licensed to Colfax, Illinois in the Bloomington-Normal market, broadcasts at 92.9 MHz with an ERP of 6000 watts. WRPW is owned by Pilot Media, a subsidiary of Great Plains Media. Great Plains' CEO is Jerry Zimmer, a longtime partner in the Zimmer Radio Group based in Cape Girardeau, MO. The station changed to a news/talk format on August 30, 2007 from a rhythmic contemporary format that was known as Power 92.9.

Well, I had never listened to them before, but seeing that on a billboard kind of cemented it.

And doing a google search to post quotes here and present both sides "Fairly" pulled up their google hits for news, and... ugh. They are doing a trump watch party tonight though. I wonder if that's what was going on at the absolutely stuffed upscale steak house in town that had overflow parking.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    White House was warned Giuliani was target of Russian intelligence operation to feed misinformation to Trump
    U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter.

The warnings were based on multiple sources, including intercepted communications, that showed Giuliani was interacting with people tied to Russian intelligence during a December 2019 trip to Ukraine, where he was gathering information that he thought would expose corrupt acts by former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

The intelligence raised concerns that Giuliani was being used to feed Russian misinformation to the president, the former officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information and conversations.

So our Intelligence agencies know Giuliani is being used by the Russians for misinformation targeted at Trump and around Biden. Even more so after the bullshit from earlier this week shows how much effort is being put into this by Putin and his people.

I shouldn’t laugh but,
    Trump had “shrugged his shoulders” at O’Brien’s warning, the former official said, and dismissed concern about his lawyer’s activities by saying, “That’s Rudy.”

That’s our little scamp Rudy, for ya, always getting into a little trouble.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Out here on the west coast (at least in Portland), the two things aren't even competing. Trump's town hall is on tape delay. Biden's isn't.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    I haven't decided which town hall I want to watch. I doubt anyone normal will be at Trump's, and I can't stand hearing him talk... But I have already voted for Biden. So it's a toss up...

Neither.

The answer is neither.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

Neither.

The answer is neither.

You know me better than that. =P Watching conservative politics is how I cope with my dad being in the ER! ... seems to be a pattern this year...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
This discussion has been closed.