Options

[2020 Election] The Long Weekend

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Trump going to Michigan (Sterling Heights), Michigan (Grand Rapids), Pennsylvania, and Georgia over the weekend.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    Wait, is Billie Eilish destroying the US and everything you care about? I never knew.

Well, she is the Bad Guy.
    Duh.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    If Lindsay Graham loses I'd put money down that he will publish a memoir in a year in which he admits that he is gay while excoriating the left for being intolerant of him because he's a gay Republican.

And somehow I will find my deep well of contempt for him will have newly discovered depths.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Basically just publishing your enemy list. Nice.

Shut up and sing dribble conform!

• Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/29/trump-covid-advertising-celebrities/
    Among those who did not make the cut were actress Jennifer Lopez, because she had criticized the president’s immigration policies at her Super Bowl performance; director Judd Apatow, because he “believes Trump does not have the intellectual capacity to run as President”; and singer-songwriter Billie Eilish, described as “not a Trump Supporter” and “destroying our country and everything we care about,” according to a document that outlines issues with numerous celebrities under consideration for the campaign.
    Wow. They could not even try to pretend

I really want to see the full list.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-wisconsin-elections-641a8174e51077703888e2fa89070e12
    MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Hackers stole $2.3 million from the Wisconsin Republican Party’s account that was being used to help reelect President Donald Trump in the key battleground state, the party’s chairman told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The party noticed the suspicious activity on Oct. 22 and contacted the FBI on Friday, said Republican Party Chairman Andrew Hitt.

Hitt said the FBI is investigating. FBI spokesman Leonard Peace did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

“There’s no doubt RPW is now at a disadvantage with that money being gone,” Hitt said. The party and campaign needs money late in the race to make quick decisions, he said.
    Remember when the GOP pretended they were really great at security

Guess it's time to update the network password to MAGA2022.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    southwick wrote: »
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/29/trump-covid-advertising-celebrities/
    Among those who did not make the cut were actress Jennifer Lopez, because she had criticized the president’s immigration policies at her Super Bowl performance; director Judd Apatow, because he “believes Trump does not have the intellectual capacity to run as President”; and singer-songwriter Billie Eilish, described as “not a Trump Supporter” and “destroying our country and everything we care about,” according to a document that outlines issues with numerous celebrities under consideration for the campaign.

“Garth Brooks - wore a ‘Sanders 20’ jersey to a Lions game”

(this is a real thing that happened but a made up example from the list)

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    +1 for Biden in Md

2i54w95hzgmu.jpeg

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

This is just the silliest shit in the world.
    actor Johnny Depp “appears to be aligned with the liberal left”; and actor Jack Black is “known to be a classic Hollywood liberal.”

There are precisely zero serious people left in the Republican party. They are all pathetic right-wing muppets.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    So while we all want to not think about the nightmare scenario, I did for a moment consider an interesting possibility. While election fuckery may make it possible to flip one state and keep the White House, that does at least leave the possibility of a second Trump term...with a Democratic House and Senate.

Still an awful outcome, but might at least be amusingly so. The dynamic changes fundamentally without Mitch behind the curtain doing the dirt and running interference.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It was an ad campaign designed to make Trump feel better, of course it was going to be unbelievably petty.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    southwick wrote: »

“Garth Brooks - wore a ‘Sanders 20’ jersey to a Lions game”

(this is a real thing that happened but a made up example from the list)

For those unaware, Barry Sanders was one of the best running backs to ever play. When he was playing, for the Detroit Lions, his number was 20.

And, it was a Brooks concert in Detroit and he's worn it before.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Also when I was voting, they had 5 electronic voting booths and 40 mark with a pen voting booths. Once I saw the line setup I went with pen and paper. So before you choose look at the lines.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    This is probably going to sound really dumb, but I don’t understand donation matching.

If you or your organization can match Democrat party donations at 750%, why not just donate all they cash yourself? I mean, that’s a huge multiplier.

Is there some kind of law around this or something else that I’m missing that allows this kind of matching or whatever?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Hey, so it turns out that if you use a Sharpie on your two-sided ballot, it's gonna bleed through and negate the ballot entirely. Thankfully, I was able to vote early, in-person when I dropped off my wife's mail-in ballot this morning.

+2 for Biden/Harris in MA

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    This is probably going to sound really dumb, but I don’t understand donation matching.

If you or your organization can match Democrat party donations at 750%, why not just donate all they cash yourself? I mean, that’s a huge multiplier.

Is there some kind of law around this or something else that I’m missing that allows this kind of matching or whatever?

I'm there with you, but I think it's because psychological studies have shown people are more likely to donate, or maybe donate more, if they perceive their doing so will result in more being donated.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

The point is to get more donations and to try to build momentum. Essentially leveraging your money to create more money. As well as to draw out publicity.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    lmao Tucker Carlson has been claiming that he had a trove of secret documents that will destroy Biden.
    Now he's claiming that the documents were shipped from NY to their studio in LA and DHL lost them. They were suspiciously and stealthily removed from the package and no one can find them anywhere. Poof! Just gone!

I guess they learned from Rathergate that it's better to claim you have super secret documents that will Change The Election but not show them to anyone!

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    That...does not sound like uncertainty.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

That just sounds like someone who doesn't want to work for Trump anymore but also doesn't want to get fired.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

So the current mood in the white house is essentially this?

https://youtu.be/mKl11EzMTAE

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

actor Johnny Depp “appears to be aligned with the liberal left”; and actor Jack Black is “known to be a classic Hollywood liberal.”

There are precisely zero serious people left in the Republican party. They are all pathetic right-wing muppets.

It’s really starting to feel like “conservatives values” and “conservative media” are becoming the political equivalent of homeopathy.

You know how Tim Minchin is famous for saying, “If alternative medicine worked, they would just call it medicine?”

If conservative culture had any legitimate value, it wouldn’t need modifiers.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    My strategy of never picking up any number that’s not recognized is serving me well.

I'm doing a certain phone-related activity for my state's health department, and in the past few weeks barely anyone has been answering our calls because they think we are calling them about voting.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Bon Jovi
    Maybe; Follow-Up
    On vacation, Democratic party's supporters and has been appointed to a public position by the Obama administration
    Elderly, General population

noooo

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Also I want to know what the criteria for being a super spreader is in this list

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    Also I want to know what the criteria for being a super spreader is in this list

For COVID or for spreading alternate reality

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Just thought I'd give an update

As of yesterday's ballots cast, Travis County (Austin, TX) surpassed its total 2016 turnout with 494,704 ballots cast with 58% of registered voters. 2016 turnout was 477,588 with 65% of registered voters. I was able to find the 2016 registered voter number: 90% of eligible voters registered in 2016 as opposed to 97% in 2020.

There are 2 days of early voting left + election day. I thought this week might see fewer ballots cast, but yesterday had more ballots than Monday and Tuesday. 2016 was 58.5% turnout of eligible voters, 2020 on pace for 60.6% before including election day results.

• Options
    Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    shryke wrote: »
    Sen. Kelly Loeffler says there is nothing Trump has done that she disagrees with. Asked repeatedly about the Access Hollywood tape, she says she’s “not familiar” with it.
    I am pretty sure that is impossible.

I would believe she hasn't personally watched/listened to it and that counts as familiarity.

I've seen the video with her and I wouldn't believe that at all.

She absolutely knows what the access hollywood tape is but the talking points must reign supreme.

It's the exact thing they all do literally all the time. When asked directly about what Trump said or did, they claim ignorance and run away. Every time.

EDIT:
    https://.com/sahilkapur/status/1321671947856437248
    Sen. Kelly Loeffler says there is nothing Trump has done that she disagrees with. Asked repeatedly about the Access Hollywood tape, she says she’s “not familiar” with it.
    I am pretty sure that is impossible.

Media needs to stop asking if the interviewee is familiar with Trump's latest X. The interviewee is just going to deny it.

Frame it like this: "Donald Trump says he likes to grab the genitals of women without their consent and over their protests. Do you agree with him, and if so do you also engage in this practice?"

When you do that they just claim "I'm not aware of that incident/tweet/etc" and do the same play.

"How would you respond to concerns that you're unprepared, given that this is a well-known matter of public record"

Or similar; they're the pros, not me

Journalists don't have to take shit if they don't want to, e.g. EU journos who show up here and ask tough questions not realizing that that's not how the game is played here

To be fair to the Republican party, you can't actually prove that the entire right-wing, including whatever mouthpiece for their policies is your interlocutor, didn't spring into existence fully-formed mere moments ago, and the fact that you believe that this isn't the case is merely due to the supernatural mind control abilities of demons who themselves only popped into existence a moment ago, knowing nothing but a malevolent hatred for the sainted Donald J. Trump. The evidence for this course of events, has, unfortunately, been lost in the mail.

Edith_Bagot-Dix on

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    lmao Tucker Carlson has been claiming that he had a trove of secret documents that will destroy Biden.
    Now he's claiming that the documents were shipped from NY to their studio in LA and DHL lost them. They were suspiciously and stealthily removed from the package and no one can find them anywhere. Poof! Just gone!

I guess they learned from Rathergate that it's better to claim you have super secret documents that will Change The Election but not show them to anyone!

On the one hand. Bullshit.

On the other hand DHL is terrible and has fucked up a few deliveries for me.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Scooter wrote: »

Reading this is genuinely funny as well as the usual medley of outraged/unsurprised/disgusted when reading GOP shenanigans

Also Lin-Manuel Miranda is apparently the prime demo-mover for Asian Americans, according to the GOP

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

To be completely clear here, Billie Eilish said of Trump that he is "destroying the country and everything we care about"; it's not what the GOP said about her (well at least... in this specific spreadsheet...)

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

On the one hand. Bullshit.

On the other hand DHL is terrible and has fucked up a few deliveries for me.

One is none; Two is one. Should have kept a backup.

• Options
    If I were DHL I would sue for defamation

• Options
    LowHitPointsLowHitPoints Sword of the Afternoon MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Trump going to Michigan (Sterling Heights), Michigan (Grand Rapids), Pennsylvania, and Georgia over the weekend.

Eric Trump is speaking at a "Praise, Prayer, and Patriotism" thing at a church in Grandville today. My wife and I have reserved 2 tickets each in protest for seats that will definitely be empty. It may be the equivalent of ding-dong-ditching your Principal, but crowd size seems to be the metric for success in that family.

LowHitPoints on
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »

To be completely clear here, Billie Eilish said of Trump that he is "destroying the country and everything we care about"; it's not what the GOP said about her (well at least... in this specific spreadsheet...)

God these assholes are too online

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Atomika wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »

It’s really starting to feel like “conservatives values” and “conservative media” are becoming the political equivalent of homeopathy.

You know how Tim Minchin is famous for saying, “If alternative medicine worked, they would just call it medicine?”

If conservative culture had any legitimate value, it wouldn’t need modifiers.

It's the inmates-running-the-asylum thing that always gets brought up. Almost all of the people involved, including those in power, are consumers of the party's own propaganda. And it's sent them on this insane downward spiral where the propaganda is getting stupider and stupider with every passing decade and the people in power are getting replaced by newer people who are into the new dumber propaganda. Even their SCOTUS justices are right-wing dipshit trolls.

shryke on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    If I were DHL I would sue for defamation

Best part of it would be if they didn't even bother to cover the base and DHL goes through the records for the week and says nothing was shipped between those two addresses.

• Options
    “We sent our only copy through the mail! No back ups! We are not smart! We definitely got robbed by ninjas from the Soros Dojo!”

This discussion has been closed.