Options

[2020 Election] The Long Weekend

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Sen. Kelly Loeffler says there is nothing Trump has done that she disagrees with. Asked repeatedly about the Access Hollywood tape, she says she’s “not familiar” with it.
    I am pretty sure that is impossible.

Cannot fucking WAIT to vote this bitch out

Cannot WAIT

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Ideally, it would be nice to get to Tuesday, but people keep screaming about delusions that the SCOTUS is going to pull an obvious asspull.

People really should get grounded in reality and wait for shit to finish. If there is fuckery, it's going to be in a subtle way. Not this crazy nonsense of the courts telling everyone to stop counting because they've said so. Also people seem to forget that there are other government entities that won't sit idly by if one branch of the government attempts a coup. That's the other reason why the whole thing is nonsense and both Roberts and Gorsuch know this, that there are a bunch of government entities with much more power of force than SCOTUS, that will not let them do as they please in regards to the election.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Let's avoid calling women bitches, thanks. It's not like we don't have garbage person, morally bankrupt facilitator of fascism, shitlord, coward and gutless amoral shiftless stupid lying turd in human form in our bag ready to deploy at a moment's notice.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Let's avoid calling women bitches, thanks. It's not like we don't have garbage person, morally bankrupt facilitator of fascism, shitlord, coward and gutless amoral shiftless stupid lying turd in human form in our bag ready to deploy at a moment's notice.

Calling her a garbage person is unfair to all of the garbage people who do essential work every day that actually helps society function.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I'm taking the 3rd off so I'm going to make the offer to my co-workers that if they or someone they know needs help getting to the polls I'm available. That's about all I can do at the moment, but hopefully it gives me something useful to do on Tuesday so I don't chew my nails down to the bone.

• Options
    Special KSpecial K Registered User regular

You might want to consider your own use of gendered insults (e.g.: here, here).

It's jarred me a few times reading your posts on this forum.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    The nice thing about obvious outliers like Biden winning TX by 9 is ignoring it means you can ignore shitty outliers the other way.

https://github.com/GetCitizenData/VoteByMail/blob/master/VoteByMail-Texas/Modeling/October/Texas VBM Toplines 10_23_20.pdf

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Calling her a garbage person is unfair to all of the garbage people who do essential work every day that actually helps society function.

I think it probably refers to her being a person made exclusively out of garbage, and not the sanitation workers who collect people's garbage from the curb, where Kelly Loeffler, being a garbage person, should be left.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I may relax a little bit if Florida or NC get called for Biden early next Tuesday, but I'm not going to really begin unclenching until 12:01 on January 20th.

And assuming that the best case scenario happens - we take the White House, Senate and keep the House without any major lame duck fuckery...that little bit of relaxation gives me some headspace to start worrying about Climate Change and the real existential threats coming down the pipe.

So...yay?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I may relax a little bit if Florida or NC get called for Biden early next Tuesday, but I'm not going to really begin unclenching until 12:01 on January 20th.

And assuming that the best case scenario happens - we take the White House, Senate and keep the House without any major lame duck fuckery...that little bit of relaxation gives me some headspace to start worrying about Climate Change and the real existential threats coming down the pipe.

So...yay?

Yeah, winning the election and the trifecta decisively and getting functional government up and running is the starting line. We haven't done anything about anything in 11 years, so there will be a blitz of catch up, all the while fending off Republican obstruction, lawsuits, and unfavorable media coverage on every issue.

My main point is the protests don't stop if Trump is gone. The issues just change.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    If we do anything about climate change we will probably lose the next election to voters getting all worked up about whatever changes we implement.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2020
    The 2024 election and how it might turn out is obviously off topic please stahp.

Bogart on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    If we do anything about climate change we will probably lose the next election to voters getting all worked up about whatever changes we implement.

Oh well. It's still the right thing to do, and if we do nothing, well...

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Warnock polls better h2h against Collins than Loeffler, so please by all means keep being a dingus, senator

• Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Ideally, it would be nice to get to Tuesday, but people keep screaming about delusions that the SCOTUS is going to pull an obvious asspull.

People really should get grounded in reality and wait for shit to finish. If there is fuckery, it's going to be in a subtle way. Not this crazy nonsense of the courts telling everyone to stop counting because they've said so. Also people seem to forget that there are other government entities that won't sit idly by if one branch of the government attempts a coup. That's the other reason why the whole thing is nonsense and both Roberts and Gorsuch know this, that there are a bunch of government entities with much more power of force than SCOTUS, that will not let them do as they please in regards to the election.

I appreciate the call for temperance, but I think it's absolutely justified that people should be freaked out about the SCOTUS right now. After everything we've been seeing, we have already had a number of cases reach them about throwing out already cast ballots. The "Mail in Ballots don't count after election day" thing was also a pretty glaring red flag.

Like you said, it'll be subtle. No one's worried that the SCOTUS will say something like "We Declare Joe Biden UNCONSTITUTIONAL! GAURDS! ARREST HIM!" People are worried that they'll very smoothly say something like "The vote count in this one particular region must be stopped because of some technicality", and that'll be enough to give PA to Trump.

Also, on the topic of "other government entities that won't sit idly by"... Man, where have you been the last four years? That's all they've been doing. Because they're all compromised or mutable.

I'm not trying to sling negativity here, but telling people that the SCOTUS is nothing to worry about in this election, particularly after they rammed through the Barret nomination, is like standing on train tracks with a pair of glaring lights headed right for you and saying "That's not a train. Trains would never hit people. They're concerned about the image of train travel!"

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Sen. Kelly Loeffler says there is nothing Trump has done that she disagrees with. Asked repeatedly about the Access Hollywood tape, she says she’s “not familiar” with it.

I would believe she hasn't personally watched/listened to it and that counts as familiarity.

I've seen the video with her and I wouldn't believe that at all.

She absolutely knows what the access hollywood tape is but the talking points must reign supreme.

It's the exact thing they all do literally all the time. When asked directly about what Trump said or did, they claim ignorance and run away. Every time.

EDIT:
    https://.com/sahilkapur/status/1321671947856437248

Media needs to stop asking if the interviewee is familiar with Trump's latest X. The interviewee is just going to deny it.

Frame it like this: "Donald Trump says he likes to grab the genitals of women without their consent and over their protests. Do you agree with him, and if so do you also engage in this practice?"

When you do that they just claim "I'm not aware of that incident/tweet/etc" and do the same play.

shryke on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    trash golems

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    trash golems

Refuse elementals

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    trash golems

Refuse elementals

Deny beholders

fakeedit Wait this was supposed to be to the Loeffler clip

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    trash golems

Are these summoned by shit wizards?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    trash golems

Refuse elementals

Wait

Heh

Smellementals

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Other notable polls besides that Marist Florida one:

Suffolk National: Biden +7
    UT_Dallas National Biden +12

Gravis Ohio: Trump +2
    Gravis Alaska: Sullivan +3

PPP Georgia: Biden +2, Ossoff 47-44
    Warnock 46
    Loeffler 27
    Collins 19
    Lieberman 2

SUSA Maine:
    Gideon 51-49 after reallocation
    ME-02
    Biden 51-49 after reallocation

There's also a bunch of polls from "Citizen Data" but I'm comfortable ignoring them with a Biden +9 in Texas. They also have Jorgensen getting 9% in Pennsylvania.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I wonder what it would take for PA to be called election night. Like if Biden is up 4-5% in exit polls and as the in person vote starts coming in, is that enough to call it?

If he’s down that much, what do we expect the potentially mail in vote swing to be, maximum? I’m sitting at like 3% but I literally have no basis for that number.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Edit - removed for off topic.

Fuck Loeffler though, hope she loses badly and gets indicted for those trades.

zagdrob on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-wisconsin-elections-641a8174e51077703888e2fa89070e12
    MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Hackers stole $2.3 million from the Wisconsin Republican Party’s account that was being used to help reelect President Donald Trump in the key battleground state, the party’s chairman told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The party noticed the suspicious activity on Oct. 22 and contacted the FBI on Friday, said Republican Party Chairman Andrew Hitt.

Hitt said the FBI is investigating. FBI spokesman Leonard Peace did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

“There’s no doubt RPW is now at a disadvantage with that money being gone,” Hitt said. The party and campaign needs money late in the race to make quick decisions, he said.
    Remember when the GOP pretended they were really great at security

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-wisconsin-elections-641a8174e51077703888e2fa89070e12
    MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Hackers stole $2.3 million from the Wisconsin Republican Party’s account that was being used to help reelect President Donald Trump in the key battleground state, the party’s chairman told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The party noticed the suspicious activity on Oct. 22 and contacted the FBI on Friday, said Republican Party Chairman Andrew Hitt.

Hitt said the FBI is investigating. FBI spokesman Leonard Peace did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

“There’s no doubt RPW is now at a disadvantage with that money being gone,” Hitt said. The party and campaign needs money late in the race to make quick decisions, he said.

The hacker's name is Monald Frump

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options

Warnock 46
    Loeffler 27
    Collins 19
    Lieberman 2

SUSA Maine:
    ME-02

There's also a bunch of polls from "Citizen Data" but I'm comfortable ignoring them with a Biden +9 in Texas. They also have Jorgensen getting 9% in Pennsylvania.

Biden only up by 2 in Maine? haha yeah okay

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular

JCDenton, "Whatashame."

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I wonder what it would take for PA to be called election night. Like if Biden is up 4-5% in exit polls and as the in person vote starts coming in, is that enough to call it?

If he’s down that much, what do we expect the potentially mail in vote swing to be, maximum? I’m sitting at like 3% but I literally have no basis for that number.

I don’t think PA gets called on election night at all. Regardless. I don’t think any day-of lead is going to convince news agencies to make that call with the number of ballots likely to be outstanding. Which is the right answer. We really do need to get over the idea that elections need to have a clear winner on Tuesday night.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Warnock 46
    Loeffler 27
    Collins 19
    Lieberman 2

SUSA Maine:
    ME-02

That is a specific district in main that tends towards being much more conservative than the rest of the state.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/29/trump-covid-advertising-celebrities/
    Among those who did not make the cut were actress Jennifer Lopez, because she had criticized the president’s immigration policies at her Super Bowl performance; director Judd Apatow, because he “believes Trump does not have the intellectual capacity to run as President”; and singer-songwriter Billie Eilish, described as “not a Trump Supporter” and “destroying our country and everything we care about,” according to a document that outlines issues with numerous celebrities under consideration for the campaign.
    Wow. They could not even try to pretend

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

Warnock 46
    Loeffler 27
    Collins 19
    Lieberman 2

SUSA Maine:
    ME-02

That is a specific district in main that tends towards being much more conservative than the rest of the state.

It represents a 13 point leftward shift from 2016.

• Options
    kaid wrote: »

Warnock 46
    Loeffler 27
    Collins 19
    Lieberman 2

SUSA Maine:
    ME-02

Oh I didn't notice the ME-02 there. Whooooooooops

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    shryke wrote: »

I would believe she hasn't personally watched/listened to it and that counts as familiarity.

I've seen the video with her and I wouldn't believe that at all.

She absolutely knows what the access hollywood tape is but the talking points must reign supreme.

It's the exact thing they all do literally all the time. When asked directly about what Trump said or did, they claim ignorance and run away. Every time.

EDIT:
    https://.com/sahilkapur/status/1321671947856437248

Media needs to stop asking if the interviewee is familiar with Trump's latest X. The interviewee is just going to deny it.

Frame it like this: "Donald Trump says he likes to grab the genitals of women without their consent and over their protests. Do you agree with him, and if so do you also engage in this practice?"

When you do that they just claim "I'm not aware of that incident/tweet/etc" and do the same play.

"How would you respond to concerns that you're unprepared, given that this is a well-known matter of public record"

Or similar; they're the pros, not me

Journalists don't have to take shit if they don't want to, e.g. EU journos who show up here and ask tough questions not realizing that that's not how the game is played here

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Wait, is Billie Eilish destroying the US and everything you care about? I never knew.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Basically just publishing your enemy list. Nice.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    Wait, is Billie Eilish destroying the US and everything you care about? I never knew.

From a quick search of twitter, seems a lot of it is because her solemn job as a female celebrity is to provide sufficient spank bank material for the world's men and the sweat shirt and baggy pants aesthetic doesn't do it for enough dudes.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »

I mean, yeah, she wrote an extremely popular song about it.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’m stressed about Harrison because it’s actually within reach and I REALLY want Lindsey Graham to be voted out.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    trash golems

Refuse elementals

Excrementals from the Kevin Smith movie Dogma.

This discussion has been closed.