As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Butt Drugs [chat]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I recommend Butt Drugs for everybody.
    consider: Red Velvet cake, but with all the choc of a standard choco cake, but it's all ruby chocolate

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I don't think I know what pumpkin tastes like because every time I've had it it has been in a pie where it is heavily spiced.

get one and roast it!

A food one, not a carving one.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    My Morgana's gotten a lot spicier since I started doing a Max W build and rushing Liandry's first item. It's not unusual for me to take top damage and have 75%+ kill participation. "Utility Mage" my ass...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Parking in the Rear.
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I propose we rename Red Velvet cake to Vinegar cake to distinguish it from other cakes.

why not just call it red velvet cake lol

Either way, subtle cocoa flavor is what it's going for

Not everyone likes CHOCOLATE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE LOL FUDDDDDDDDDDDGE CHOCOLATE cakes

they're over the top and way too rich and gross and people who scarf that shit down are just as broken as I am with tasting bitter

I'm super curious about this traditional reddish cocoa type red velvet cake now tho

Me too because I've seen a fair share of baking on TV and red velvet recipes all used astounding quantities of food coloring.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Parking in the Rear.
    I KNEW IT! After a weak, weak Halloween, I went by the grocery store and the Walgreens and both had aisles overflowing with unsold Halloween candy. 70% off! I got a King Sized Reeses for 70 cents!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf1bu5sUXaU
    :whistle: The stoooore after Halloween is full of Snickers bars, Mallomars,
    after the trick of treaters are gone.
    Large baaaags of M&Ms spilling on the floor, at the drugstore,
    No need to bother with coupons. :whistle:

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    a brownie is just a chocolate cake made by someone who realized that you know, licking the bowl is better than eating the cake honestly, let's do both

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I think there is nothing more satisfying to me in League of Legends than nailing a long-range Morgana Q based on predicted movement. Especially when they're out of sight.

Maybe that one time I stole Baron with a Morgana Q.

Or that time I stole Dragon with a Morgana Q and prevented them from getting Soul.

The sound it makes when it connects is just so juicy, I adore it.

This and nailing someone with a blind leona ult

V nice

• Options
    also in last month I've tried twice to make brownies with ice cream, but always consumed one before I obtained the other

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    My Morgana's gotten a lot spicier since I started doing a Max W build and rushing Liandry's first item. It's not unusual for me to take top damage and have 75%+ kill participation. "Utility Mage" my ass...

do you build Rylai's?

My fave build is "your movement options during this magic burn are Slow and Not"

spool32 on
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Not a pumpkin.

xunjwmg2x9tm.jpeg

It's also been a while since I recorded a timelapse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmsG1C37kZA

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    I propose we rename Red Velvet cake to Vinegar cake to distinguish it from other cakes.

Not everyone likes CHOCOLATE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE LOL FUDDDDDDDDDDDGE CHOCOLATE cakes

they're over the top and way too rich and gross and people who scarf that shit down are just as broken as I am with tasting bitter

I'm super curious about this traditional reddish cocoa type red velvet cake now tho

Me too because I've seen a fair share of baking on TV and red velvet recipes all used astounding quantities of food coloring.

and because like, the taste of regular chocolate isn't all that exciting anymore

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

IIRC, the original one used unprocessed cocoa that was red in color (or potentially beet juice from what google suggests). But there's like the entire Genus of chocolate cakes which both "chocolate cake" and "red velvet" fall under, but we can probably appreciate when most people scream about chocolate cakes they're talking about the modern chocolate-cake-triple-fudge-double-decker-make-me-shit-a-chocolate-brick cakes and not the entirety of chocolate cake that has hundreds of different types in it with varying levels of intensity. Especially evident by the "yeah but I want three times as much chocolate" response it garnered.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

do you build Rylai's?

My fave build is "your movement options during this magic burn are Slow and Not"

Yeah, my core build is Liandry's, Rylai's, Zhonya's.

Looking forward to the new items, apparently Omnivamp is gross on Morgana.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Parking in the Rear.
    I purchased the UHD version of 5th element. Fuck da haters.

• Options
    that RBG picture is channeling major goblin energy

not gonna lie

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Parking in the Rear.
    zepherin wrote: »

For a second, I thought you bought a movie for the Sony PSP and I was all, WHAT YEAR IS IT!?

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

do you build Rylai's?

Huh, this is tempting! I usually just use puddle to tag them for the gold item

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Parking in the Rear.
    emnmnme wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »

For a second, I thought you bought a movie for the Sony PSP and I was all, WHAT YEAR IS IT!?
    I’ve got a psp somewhere around here, but it’s been broke outa its jail.

zepherin on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    How do you pronounce Rylai

Rye-lye? Because that's a MOCKERY of the difference between y and ai

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I blame Chanus.
    weening back on sugar made everything taste better

like strawberries and stuff

• Options
    edited November 2020

do you build Rylai's?

Huh, this is tempting! I usually just use puddle to tag them for the gold item

Playing her as an enchanter support, with Luden's and Redemption and whatnot, is totally valid. In which case yeah, max W last because you just need it to tag people and you aren't gonna do any damage with it.

But it's way more fun to max W and ditch all your CDR because you don't need it (Morg's W has built in CDR for itself). Dump Luden's, rush Liandry's, go Comet/Manaflow/AbsFocus/Scorch and Presence of Mind/Coup de Grace and just pour everything into maximum damage.

Edit: And take Sorc boots instead of Mobis.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Undocumented library changes are just the worst. Cefsharp broke some functionality and it took me like 4 days to figure it out... and now that I know the cause, I easily found other people with the same problem and their solution. But the generic search "thing I was doing doesn't work in cefsharp" turned up nothing useful

• Options
    Also I personally don't throw out Qs early until like...level 3 or 4. You're spending a lot of mana on a chance that you'll hit someone, and you're too low level for you and your ADC to follow up very well. Plus it lures your opponents into a false sense of security if they're not dodging skill shots right off the bat...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    When I think drugs, I think Butt Drugs.
    I’m always surprised by Kentucky’s geographical position.

I feel like it’s just slightly east of Texas but it never is.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I blame Chanus.
    Eta is a Cat 4 now.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

IIRC, the original one used unprocessed cocoa that was red in color (or potentially beet juice from what google suggests). But there's like the entire Genus of chocolate cakes which both "chocolate cake" and "red velvet" fall under, but we can probably appreciate when most people scream about chocolate cakes they're talking about the modern chocolate-cake-triple-fudge-double-decker-make-me-shit-a-chocolate-brick cakes and not the entirety of chocolate cake that has hundreds of different types in it with varying levels of intensity. Especially evident by the "yeah but I want three times as much chocolate" response it garnered.

FYI: The cake I linked is a typical chocolate cake, not a death-by-chocolate-your-aunt-eats-a
    -forkful-and-moans-about-decadence affair. It's just a typical milk chocolate flavor.

Here's everything I actually know about the cake: Red velvet is quite bland in its traditional form because you're right, it's not supposed to be a chocolate flavored cake necessarily. The cocoa was used not to make it taste like a chocolate bar but as a conditioner in a buttermilk cake, to prevent gluten formation in flours less suitable for cake baking and keep the cake tender. That's where the "velvet" comes from. Any chocolate flavor was secondary. The rest of the "velvet" family of cakes fell out of favor as high quality cake flours became available.

They were always rusty red from natural cocoa and buttermilk mixing, but the tradition of making them deep red and using buttermilk comes from WWII rationing, using beet juice as a sweetener (sugar shortages) and buttermilk as an ingredient (excesses butter production for soldiers). Most americans making them will likely make a traditional-tasting red velvet cake as the default cocoa powder here, Hershey's in that rectangular tub, is not dutch processed. So americans can actually get a red cake without dye. Euros will likely only have dutched cocoa on hand so they will have to dye it.

Modern incarnations up the cocoa content to make it officially chocolate flavored but it's weaker. Not just weaker than ultra mega chocolate bombs, but weaker than regular chocolate flavored sponges too.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    HIPAA allows for the patient to give specific permission to reveal PHI.

Edit: Oh right.

So, I'm not sure how it works with COVID stuff, but for example, when I took FMLA leave recently because my dad was in the hospital, it wasn't 'required' for me to give my dad's PHI, but it was required for my FMLA to be approved. Basically, FMLA was a privilege; if I wanted to take advantage of it, I had to provide PHI.

Also there are huge like, truck-sized loopholes for public health.

But in short they can ask but you aren’t required to disclose. But also they can consider your lack of disclosure in their further actions

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I ran out of stuff to do at work and I still have to charge my time to something. I hate it when this happens.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    You know, they never made me prove I tested negative for covid before going back to work

that's sort of alarming, considering other people are taking things a lot less seriously than me

I mean, HIPAA and all that but still

actually,

but still, what exactly?

because yeah, HIPAA, probably impossible to ask legally so... yeah. That's that.

Oh it's just concerning because I can guarantee there are people who have a cold, get tested, go "Eh, I feel fine, I don't want to sit at home, this isn't a big deal" and then go to work anyway and lie about their test.

I dunno how to fix that other than making some special HIPAA exception but that seems extreme too

Does HIPAA actually prevent this?

Making it illegal for you to disclose information about your own health would be an odd policy choice

the illegal part is the asking

So in the US, if you have some kind of long term illness leading to an absence, you would just self certify that you're fit to return to work?

japan

The typical practice is for the employer to require the employee to obtain a letter from a physician saying that they are fit to return to work.

The letter does not need to specify what the medical condition was.

And the doctor will probably refuse to write "has recovered from Dicktoobigitis and now only has a regular, huge penis, allowing them to work normally"

Yeah your physician would not disclose your dicktoobigitis without express explicit permission because that would be a HIPAA violation

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I blame Chanus.
    A good, quality TOTP.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Also I personally don't throw out Qs early until like...level 3 or 4. You're spending a lot of mana on a chance that you'll hit someone, and you're too low level for you and your ADC to follow up very well. Plus it lures your opponents into a false sense of security if they're not dodging skill shots right off the bat...

hmmm I don't play morgana like this at all, nor would I generally build the way you do

haven't played her much this season since I don't support any more though. But I got autofilled on my smurf account this weekend and had a fullll support morgana game where I played her for shield (into 4 AP, and we had kai'sa and akali who both needed it) and had redemption locket mikaels. Gross! Who actually supports their teammates instead of getting kills; shoulda played zyra.

Also I will tell you as a Lux mid player I find the Malzahar matchup annoying! Like you can bully him in terms of damage but you run out of mana before he does and you don't often have kill threat cause he builds a bit tankier than other mages. It's just irritating to play against. I'm honestly never sure what to play into him but I also don't want to play as him because his core gameplay is unpleasant for me.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I blame Chanus.
    I usually just spam W or whatever early to try to zone out and make them miss last hits
    edit: and then "accidentally" last hit the entire caster line. oops sorry adc im just too good at support

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I blame Chanus.
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I ran out of stuff to do at work and I still have to charge my time to something. I hate it when this happens.

I'm supposed to be helping on a backlog project

But they laid off the manager who was sending us the work list

The new person that is supposed to be doing that hasn't been so I've just been periodically checking my email throughout the day because without that list I can't really do anything because I literally don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.

Kind of a shit show right now >_<

• Options
    @credeiki i am listening to way too much riot grrrl music now in anticipation for the rest of the week

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I blame Chanus.
    watching these new eps of david letterman's netflix show

the kim kardashian one was pretty good. that's the only one i've seen so far of the new season

also the show starts with a disclaimer that the show was filmed before the COVID outbreak occurred, but the jokes were written in 1983

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I usually just spam W or whatever early to try to zone out and make them miss last hits
    edit: and then "accidentally" last hit the entire caster line. oops sorry adc im just too good at support

so W use is the biggest potential mana drain for the lowest potential reward
    you can put your aery on people but with no items it ticks for like 10 dmg--not worth it. And sometimes you do want to put it on the wave to push, and sometimes not, and understanding when is important!
    Limply dropping W because you are "zoning" is generally not a good idea compared to actually landing a Q. And obviously having enough mana for E is the main thing, and sometimes it is necessary to put a bunch of points in E depending on how much magic damage they have. Again, assuming you are playing Morg to support and not because you wanted to play Lux.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Also I am sad I apparently missed all the HIPAA chat because that’s actually a thing I’m qualified to talk about: (

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I blame Chanus.
    Mentally prepping myself for getting up early to vote tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.