Options

Kata Zero [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I wonder if I’m a different species, taxonomically, from people who poop and wipe in 30 seconds

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    This is an extremely non-general solution and I'd have been better off going down a different route, but I'm here now!

Life in a nutshell

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    oh man going back to the pot and scraping up the caramelized soy/sugar sauce and the scraped-up bits of onion and chile pepper

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I wonder if I’m a different species, taxonomically, from people who poop and wipe in 30 seconds

p s y l l i u m

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

Carefully or you'll summon the psyllium cult

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I just remembered the Taylor Swift album wasn’t actually black metal and those were just memes

desc on
  • Options
    Capital job, tav and jebus

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I just remembered the Taylor Swift album wasn’t actually black metal and those were just memes

no but her nemesis is still named Scooter

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I have not listened to new music in months

What is something I should listen to

I would like suggestions to ignore so I can listen to the entire Zazen Boys discography instead

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RFJXubu7y9U

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jvpvG_EUdbU

I went through a whole thing with this post. I read the quote and thought, “yeah, I need new music too.” Then “oh maybe I should listen to these. I wish I had some context because what I’m really in the mood for is synth-y stuff and this probably won’t be”—click. “Oh, awesome”

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    there's a pimento taco - a pimentaco - in the glove compartment

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/w7mWKioLOLE

Holy shit. We have reached this point haven't we?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/w7mWKioLOLE

Holy shit. We have reached this point haven't we?

I mean, you can avoid the bread calories that way at least

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I'm glad this thread is reminding me that my decision to swear off dating for the rest of the year is the right call.

I dunno. I found love this year, so there's a chance!

Is it a love of handcrafted mustards?

Honestly, I only like mustard seed on like steak. Otherwise, I dislike mustard quite a bit.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    an irish band i like cracked a joke that taylor swift copied their album art and they were inundated with hundreds of messages from taylor stans telling them they should kill themselves and posting pictures of slit wrists

very good and normal behaviour

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I'm glad this thread is reminding me that my decision to swear off dating for the rest of the year is the right call.

I dunno. I found love this year, so there's a chance!

Is it a love of handcrafted mustards?

Honestly, I only like mustard seed on like steak. Otherwise, I dislike mustard quite a bit.

That's an interesting use for it

I like ground mustard in macaroni and cheese

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    an irish band i like cracked a joke that taylor swift copied their album art and they were inundated with hundreds of messages from taylor stans telling them they should kill themselves and posting pictures of slit wrists

very good and normal behaviour

The more blandly normal the music, the more unhinged the fans

K-pop, Taylor Swift, generic R&B: pro-suicide brigading by thousands of people

Meanwhile, like, Arca fans never tell people to kill themselves 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    omg no

A couple of the pages I'm scraping use <div> tags instead of <p> for a lot of the text

This is horrible and fucks the scraper up real bad, grr.

the one time I did webscraping I used, of all things, regex

I don't really know regex, but I am using it in this project anyway.

Stuff like re.sub("<blockquote.*>", "", line) in order to eliminate some of the stuff before the content (that goes on indefinitely if I let it, since I'm eliminating a lot of the terminations because they happen after my criteria to stop scraping).

You can't parse HTML with regex!

My first job out of college was scraping web pages with regex

• Options
    y16svtycf6nh.png

i see their point though, she obviously copied them

• Options
    Tav please we all know she ripped off Burzum

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Aioua you would be proud of me

I used PS for useful things

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    omg no

A couple of the pages I'm scraping use <div> tags instead of <p> for a lot of the text

Stuff like re.sub("<blockquote.*>", "", line) in order to eliminate some of the stuff before the content (that goes on indefinitely if I let it, since I'm eliminating a lot of the terminations because they happen after my criteria to stop scraping).

You can't parse HTML with regex!

it's up there with fighting a land war in asia, imo

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    nioh 2 is actually the goty hth

• Options
    I'm kind of wondering how long Taylor can continue on portraying as a teenager or young twentysomething

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm kind of wondering how long Taylor can continue on portraying as a teenager or young twentysomething

Gonna do it until the second she transmutes into Mom from Futurama.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    nioh 2 is actually the goty hth

Just waiting for the real version to come out in feb

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Carefully or you'll summon the psyllium cult

You don't summon the psyllium cult

We're here regularly

• Options

will they play the Pokémon evolution animation and music

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

will they play the Pokémon evolution animation and music

Hopefully they don't touch her with the sartorial stone and have her evolve into tailor swift by accident.

• Options
    WHO MENTIONED FIBER

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    omg no

@Shivahn just use beautifulsoup; it will make your life so much easier

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    💩

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Who is the person who tells someone else to kill themselves online? It's so frequent, along with death threats

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    omg no

Shivahn just use beautifulsoup; it will make your life so much easier

In retrospect this was the right choice, but it's basically done now.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    3741648909fddb208111afca4f0bf95f.jpg

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I would like a social media platform where the only button is a dislike button

There isn't even a button to post content

Just a thumbs down and a feed

This is my hole, it was made for me

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It was more virtuous to do it yourself

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Who is the person who tells someone else to kill themselves online? It's so frequent, along with death threats

I just felt the strongest urge to reply to this post with “kys” but in my view that is ban-worthy and also just really horrible, so I didn’t.
    I think for some people it’s just another type of insult/not connected to the true content of the phrase—like when someone says ‘go fuck yourself’ they mean ‘go away’ or ‘I hate you’, not literally that the person should fuck themselves.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

As long as she can continue to consume the souls of her fans and the blood of virgins she can keep it up.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    koshka-kon-druzia.jpg

This discussion has been closed.