Options

Little Drummer Boy Challenge...2020 EDITION

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Made a trip to Costco just now and survived unscathed. Hell, I don't even know if they were playing music I was so focused on getting my stuff.

sig.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Madican wrote: »
    i have decided i already win

Enjoy your immortality.

No takebacks

Double Immortality.

That's rough, man.

Edit: They were playing Christmas music at the home goods store we went to today. I was somewhat surprised, but the dreaded notes were not intoned and nobody came to tell me shit, so we're still in it, bay-beeeeeeee.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Welp that was fast

881 songs and it's on random

kviawui1advs.png

3hq211z0y3j5.jpeg
    2o5gh6rkqfu4.jpeg

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Crap, I thought this started on the 1st but I'm still in. We've been listening to my wife's Bing Crosby playlist every morning, no dreaded pa-rums yet but there's still so much time.

Last year I lost because she wanted to take a detour when leaving BestBuy and admire a light that I already had sitting in our closet for her present.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Welp that was fast

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Went for a jog with my wife and kids this morning as part of a virtual 10k.

My wife decided to set her phone to a Christmas station for us to listen to as we jogged.

Mele Kalikimaka is as close as I got to elimination. :)

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Turns out I am going to be living with my folks for a month until my next apartment becomes available, so my danger level just upped dramatically.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    1 day, 13 hours, 49 minutes

And i'm out

Bob seger and the silver bullet band version and everything.

While setting up the santa photo shoot for my kid in my kitchen

Sleep on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Got my Christmas lights up outside. My Trump sign holding, Sturgis going, neighbor was putting up his lights and he had music going. Made it through safety.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    1 day, 13 hours, 49 minutes

And i'm out

Bob seger and the silver bullet band version and everything.

While setting up the santa photo shoot for my kid in my kitchen

ks28atbr6jgp.jpeg

2cvzuhciufsa.jpeg

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Once again I've been gotten by my own mother with the same harp rendition, this time while I was stuck eating lunch as she decorated.

At least I wasn't the first this year!

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Goddammit Dad put on the holiday music station while decorating the tree and the first goddamn song is the little fucking drummer boy and his fucking dumbass drum.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Cripes you people are dropping like flies

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Goddammit Dad put on the holiday music station while decorating the tree and the first goddamn song is the little fucking drummer boy and his fucking dumbass drum.
    Ha ha behold mortals, for I have returned from the Christmas tree place with a tree and neither having heard the curséd song nor gettin the 'vid.

Future evergreen post

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Once again I've been gotten by my own mother with the same harp rendition, this time while I was stuck eating lunch as she decorated.

At least I wasn't the first this year!

8ux73ebzqq8t.jpeg

pf6qo79zvcil.jpeg

• Options
    edited November 2020

8zscai7xe8dd.jpeg
    6mhbg0cb6gg8.jpeg

I’m not fixing this

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    I can’t keep up with all of you LOSERS

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck yeah, I forgot about this! I'm definitely in, and I'm gonna force my wife to play this year again as well

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Is that zombie Santa about to decapitate Leon with a gift box

• Options
    Is that zombie Santa about to decapitate Leon with a gift box

No!

It’s a Dr. Salvador about to decapitate Leon with a gift box.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I don't remember losing so many in the first couple days, though my memory does suck pretty bad right now

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I need a judge ruling. Before I watch the three MST3K Christmas episodes I need to see if Tom's singing in the very opening bit would be a disqualification. I have not listened to it this year, I only remember it from past years.

https://youtu.be/nTWs3zvz1z4

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    If I hadn't been taken out by the harp version at lunch it would have been the bagpipe version played just now at dinner

• Options
    Side note, but the fact there's multiple versions of the exact same set of unchanging songs every year is part of why I hate hearing holiday music in general. Exceptions are made for the exceptional that aren't spammed ad infinitum, like I Am Santa Claus to the tune of I Am Iron Man

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Christmas Wrapping always slaps and needs more versions

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Do I get in?

Thing is I unofficially followed along last year and I never heard it. I even remembered to strain my ears when I went shopping and coming to the realization that the two main stores I frequent don’t even play music. So, uh, this might be too easy for me...

• Options
    Also I think I may have asked for the same ruling last year but I can’t remember.

• Options
    Also I think I may have asked for the same ruling last year but I can’t remember.

I don’t know! I can’t listen to it in case it does count!

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    Do I get in?

Thing is I unofficially followed along last year and I never heard it. I even remembered to strain my ears when I went shopping and coming to the realization that the two main stores I frequent don’t even play music. So, uh, this might be too easy for me...

You’re in!!

• Options
    Huh weird. I can’t find past year threads to check. I think you cleared it before.

• Options
    Huh weird. I can’t find past year threads to check. I think you cleared it before.

I’m going to clear it then! Merry Christmas!

• Options
    So, earlier today, after playing Christmas music during our jog, my wife put on the Christmas music station in the car as we were getting ready to go pick up a lid for her new fish tank.

And I went back in the house to grab my alternate mask.

As I was coming back out, The Song came on.

Did she change the station? Did she temporarily mute it?

No.

She let me get back in the car with it playing even though she knew about the challenge.

This is twice now she's eliminated me through her poor music choices. I suspect she's conspiring with the other entrants. :D

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I'm in, albeit late, but I haven't been anywhere since Thanksgiving and haven't heard it yet.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    That may fall under the "no one can intentionally trick you into listening" case?

I successfully decorated the tree with no casualties

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    That may fall under the "no one can intentionally trick you into listening" case?

I successfully decorated the tree with no casualties
    Doesn’t sound like she put it on intentionally. Therefore my ruling is...OUT

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    So, earlier today, after playing Christmas music during our jog, my wife put on the Christmas music station in the car as we were getting ready to go pick up a lid for her new fish tank.

And I went back in the house to grab my alternate mask.

As I was coming back out, The Song came on.

Did she change the station? Did she temporarily mute it?

No.

She let me get back in the car with it playing even though she knew about the challenge.

This is twice now she's eliminated me through her poor music choices. I suspect she's conspiring with the other entrants. :D

0h99t3p042ja.jpeg

3n0kg3y2389x.jpeg

• Options
    That is delightfully horrible. :D

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I'm out. I absent-mindedly sang it to myself while thinking about how I hoped it wasn't on a Christmas playlist

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

I’m going to clear it then! Merry Christmas!

thank you for this because I have no idea what the clip sounds like, and it was absolutely KILLING me that I couldn't check for myself and satisfy my curiosity

(for anyone who's still worried, it's totally safe - it's Deck the Halls, not that little drumming bastard)

• Options
    DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular
    It's impressive how many have fallen already. Perhaps this will be more of a challenge than I thought.