As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's a profile setting for pronouns now

Go ahead and fill it in, it can only help out your fellow forumers. Let me know if there are any bugs or weirdness.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    A bit of feedback: The pronouns are included in the About section of a user's profile, which is displayed below all of their Badgers. My issue is that posters who have a fair amount of badgers have the About section pushed down to where one has to scroll down to see that information (Tube's profile is a good example). Would it be possible to re-arrange things so that the About section is displayed first, and then the Badgers below?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    To anyone who already did their pronouns: I made a change to move this to the top of the list, so go ahead and re enter them if you like.

• Options
    My idea was stupid. Undoing. Same from above applies.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    A bit of feedback: The pronouns are included in the About section of a user's profile, which is displayed below all of their Badgers. My issue is that posters who have a fair amount of badgers have the About section pushed down to where one has to scroll down to see that information (Tube's profile is a good example). Would it be possible to re-arrange things so that the About section is displayed first, and then the Badgers below?

I'm not sure of the scope of that, but it might be possible with the tools I have.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I just went in and set mine, it was about 2/3 down the page of custom fields.

Is there any way you can have it show next to someone's avatar or in their sig, at least on the main site? If it's not filled in give it something cool like "Mysterious" so people don't feel bad about filling it in, but still helping to normalize the practice...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    We're using a really old and floppy plugin to get this to work at all, so it's missing some features that you would otherwise expect. Notably, I can't move the position of it at all. I'd recommend throwing pronouns in your title or signature to make it more prominent.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The info fields on the profile editing page seem to be doubled.

I see:

Username
    Email
    Title
    Twitter
    Website
    Xbox Live
    Playstation ID
    Wii Friend Code
    Steam ID
    WoW
    Pronouns

More Information

Facebook
    Twitter
    Website
    Xbox Live
    Playstation ID
    Wii Friend Code
    Steam ID
    WoW

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    I have zero idea what is causing that.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hey this is pretty cool.
    So if someone uses that field for aggressive jackholery about how dare they be asked that question, is that reportable?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hey this is pretty cool.
    So if someone uses that field for aggressive jackholery about how dare they be asked that question, is that reportable?

Sure.