Options

We Bid A Fond Farewell To The "Rush Limbaugh Died" Thread, Not Him

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    full-throated cheerleader for trump

heh. heheheheh

lets bring back an old tradition and toss him in the city dump

I think that's one of the few ways you can pollute a dump

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    we'll need some new regulations to keep the waste from seeping out

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh hey.

This is a good thing.

It's like a modern day epic where we celebrate slaying a monster

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Pim Tool is without a doubt the dumbest person on the internet

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    One down, many more to go. Happy to see he didn't turn out to be one of those "too spiteful to die" types!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    One of the only teams I was actively rooting for the cancer!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m not going to read any tweets or takes about his death because it’s going to be all of the democrats tweeting kind words about his passing and fuck all that.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I’m not going to read any tweets or takes about his death because it’s going to be all of the democrats tweeting kind words about his passing and fuck all that.

twitter is busy tearing into biden for the outrageously fucking stupid things he said at the town hall

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

twitter is busy tearing into biden for the outrageously fucking stupid things he said at the town hall

USA! USA! USA!

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Saw this on Twitter:

Don't celebrate Rush Limbaugh's death. Mourn his life

Yeah...

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    expendable wrote: »
    Today Rush Limbaugh for the first time did something unambiguously universally good for the betterment of humanity. We should recognize that.

And on Random Acts of Kindness Day, of all days!

I suppose that counts as one...

• Options
    Mysterious FoxMysterious Fox Registered User regular
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZGyDMRKDaSc

Just replace Thatcher with Limbaugh

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Saw this on Twitter:

Don't celebrate Rush Limbaugh's death. Mourn his life

Yeah...

This is what I think every time one of these people die. What an absolute shame that a man who did nothing but harm to the world around him got to live as a rich white man until dying at a relatively old age. I'm thankful at least that he will do no more damage but my heart craves any sense of justice.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I regret that when I was a teenager/ young adult , around 1999-2005, I listened to Limbaugh a lot. By the end I could see how much of a parasite he was, and how much he was lying, but this forum definitely helped change my opinions.

That such a vile man got broadcast for hours a day and with no rebuking was... well, a lot of our problems stem from him.

Others will fill his place. But I am very, VERY happy to see him go.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Don't Speak Ill of the Dead is a rule reserved for human beings. When an actual incarnated demon lurches back to Hell, to crawl back up Satan's moldy butthole where it came from, it deserves no such courtesy.

Fuck Rush Limbaugh, and fuck anyone perverse enough to mourn him.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

If you don't want to hear his voice: he talks about how he actually won the election for 1 minute and then says Rush could hit the ball very far when they golfed together. Incredible

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My Dad listened to Limbaugh specifically so he knew what someone sounded like when they were lying.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I wonder what his burial plans were. private, gated cemetery?

They better bury that motherfucker at sea if they don't want people to piss and shit on his grave.

I say this because I am definitely planning to piss and/or shit on his grave.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I said "Heck yeah" when someone in the work group chat mentioned his death. Someone else said, "I guess Darmak is not a Rush fan" to which I replied, "Let's just say I like to think the medal of freedom was actually awarded to the lung cancer"

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah the nature of harm is that by the time someone has done enough harm that you would celebrate their death, they've done so much harm that their passing is but a drop in the water compared to the torrent of misery they unleashed. So it makes sense that someone can't truly bring themselves to be glad, because it had to reach that point to begin with.

But for me, it's a case of "haha eat shit old fuck"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Really wish John Oliver was still on The Bugle, because this would have been such a satisfying fuck-eulogy.

Nigh orgasmic

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    apparently one of the many stupid things he said was that there's no evidence that smoking is bad for you which was maybe the push i needed to laugh at him dying of lung cancer

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I used to work at a radio station that would do conservative talk radio and sports (I operated the board for the sports games)

One of my most prominent memories there was listening to Ruah just flat out say that gay people slept around en masse and generally implied they were sex obsessed deviants with no respect for monogamy or the institution of marriage.

Not some gay people. Not most. It was a inherent quality of them, in his eyes. That may possibly have been what started me down the path of going from a "too cool for politics" centrist dipshit, to becoming a liberal and then a leftist. Just such a putrid opinion I had to get as fucking far away from it as possible.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Since Ding Dong the Witch is Dead is Thatcher's Anthem, the question arose what was the appropriate song for this occasion. Turns out, there was an answer fairly close to hand courtesy of Messr. Armstrong and Company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55btGpGsuDo

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I cannot overstate the damage Limbaugh and his ilk have done to my family by way of vitriolic propaganda. I have multiple relatives with whom I'll likely never be able to have a calm conservation ever again because of the poison that man spewed on his program. I'm talking about people who changed from kind, decent, pro-union/working class salt of the earth folks, to conspiracy-minded, gun-worshipping death cultists who consigned their children to death as a result of their hateful, hideous beliefs. He warped their minds with his radio gospel of hate and fear, turning their otherwise unremarkable commuting hours into torrential immersion into the grotesque mire that is the Right-Wing Fever Swamp mindset. He was a blight upon this world and did nothing but harm with all his life's energy.

I hope gets his anus flayed by demons in hell for all eternity.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Yay!

mkc.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I wonder what his burial plans were. private, gated cemetery?

stake through his heart, just to be sure

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    rp7ngd53bqm4.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hell stinks more now.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    2021 finally delivering.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    If a public figure doesn't want me to speak ill of them when they die, they should strive to not be a boil on the ass of humanity while they are alive.

I find that this from a random twitterer is a good rule:

The rule is: if someone who would have celebrated your death dies first, you are allowed to celebrate theirs.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I want to thank everyone here at the pub tonight for such a warm welcome and I know yall like that Johnny Cash but now I'd like to do an original number dedicated to the late great Rush Limbaugh, "I Wish There Were a Hell For You to Burn In"

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    Really wish John Oliver was still on The Bugle, because this would have been such a satisfying fuck-eulogy.

Nigh orgasmic

i tweeted at him and Andy asking for this, because i need this, humanity needs this.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Don't Speak Ill of the Dead is a rule reserved for human beings. Actual incarnated demons get no such consideration when they return to Hell to crawl back up Satan's moldy butthole where they came from. Fuck Rush Limbaugh, and fuck anyone perverse enough to mourn him.

Fuck this. Limbaugh was a HUMAN BEING.

It is vitally important to remember that Republicans, conservatives, hatemongers, etc., are are HUMAN BEINGS. Because only human beings can be so evil and disgusting. Calling these people nothing but monsters, subhuman, or demons lets them off the hook.

Rush Limbaugh was a human being. He was not a fucking demon sent here to punish us, he was a human being who formed his own opinions from and alongside other human beings. He maintained and propagated hatred and suffering not because that was his demonic contract with Satan, but because that's what human beings do to other human beings. If you don't want to acknowledge the darkest corners of the human heart, that's on your cowardice.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

I can't celebrate Rush Limbaugh's death because it means his suffering is over.

Frank Connifff is the guy on the left.

rw7ybvrauvd3.png

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    DHS wrote: »

Nigh orgasmic

i tweeted at him and Andy asking for this, because i need this, humanity needs this.

better yet, he should just hijack Last Week Tonight for a segment for this

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    I've been trying to name the feeling I have about this news.

It's exactly the same feeling of satisfaction when one has a really satisfying shit and flushes it down.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    DHS wrote: »

Nigh orgasmic

I'm still catching up on my podcasts, and just recently listened to the end-of-year Bugle where Oliver was back.

They play off one another SO WELL. It's easy to forget how good the flow between them was.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

I can't celebrate Rush Limbaugh's death because it means his suffering is over.

Frank Connifff is the guy on the left.

rw7ybvrauvd3.png
    Counterpoint: Rush died seeing his life's work end in total failure (Democrats controlling government instead of Republicans).

This discussion has been closed.