Options

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    Krispy Kreme is giving a free donut every day if you bring in your vaccination card.

i finally have a reason t be anti-vaxx

never had a warm krispy kreme?

it's tops!

oh i've had one

they are the most disgusting of man's creations

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I was 16 or so when one opened here and back then I could put away a dozen like it was nothing

• Options
    edited March 2021
    psshhh

well you got me there

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    The first time I went to a Krispy Kreme, I tried to buy just one doughnut to see what the hype was. Apparently, that's not a thing you can do. Or couldn't do, back when they were first opening stores in my area. They ended up just giving me one when I balked at buying dozen

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    When I worked at the Starbucks HQ, a giant Krispy Kreme opened up the street so office mates were always bringing them in. I tried one, it was such pure sugar that my entire lower jaw was aching the rest of the day and it made my guts ill.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Sugar tastes good

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Got my first Pfizer shot on Saturday. On Sunday I got to experience the lovely sode effects of joint pain, tiredness, and swollen lymph nodes (!). These are normal though.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Sugar tastes good

More confectionist propaganda.

• Options
    The only thing I've ever had I would say is too sweet is tablet

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I think I'm mostly over donuts as something to eat. The generic donut shop donuts anyway. They don't fill me up unless I eat a lot of them and just one has too much sugar to make that viable. I'll eat my egg and rice with cheese for breakfast instead.

• Options
    I actually made a decent omelette the other day. Normally I dry it out on accident or under season it or something.

Still eggs are weird and I'm not the biggest fan of them.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I think I'm mostly over donuts as something to eat. The generic donut shop donuts anyway. They don't fill me up unless I eat a lot of them and just one has too much sugar to make that viable. I'll eat my egg and rice with cheese for breakfast instead.

I enjoy a classic cake donut as a treat, but not as a meal replacement.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    donuts are real good

the deep fried grease and sugar krispy kreme serves is absolutely disgusting

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I like apple fritters the best

• Options
    If I'm gonna have a pastry I think I'd be partial to a cherry danish over anything

• Options
    I like apple fritters the best

get the hell out

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    hand pies are good. pie crust cut in a circle, with some cherry filling in the center, wrap it over and fry it.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I also love a good boston cream but so many places use shitty chocolate frosting that it's not worth trying them out.

We have a voodoo Donuts down here and they have a banana fritter with peanut butter drizzle. I believe it's called the old dirty bastard. You can only eat like 1/4 of it in a sitting though. It is supremely decadent.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    i want pudding pies to come back

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    sometimes Wawa has this cream-filled donut, like a long Boston cream, except like, cake icing inside instead

I always see it and am like "fuck yeah I love these things" and then I take one bite and the sugar starts all of my teeth tingling like they're about to pop outta my head, and I remember "oh yeah this is why I don't eat these."

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    i want pudding pies to come back

you got Tastykake? I dunno if they're a local thing because I don't really ever think about them, but they have all kinds of these little pies, puddin' includin'

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    tastykake is extremely local; a fact i am reminded every day i wake up in seattle and resent the city a little bit more for denying me krimpets

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    tastykake is extremely local; a fact i am reminded every day i wake up in seattle and resent the city a little bit more for denying me krimpets

we got them in florida grocery stores, and have for several years

it rules

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    gonna buy some butterscotch krimpets and then throw them away in spite of AJ

• Options
    I love those things

so did Maniac Magee

ya'll read that book?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Watched the second half of Justice League tonight.

That was the worst film I've seen in some time.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    sometimes Wawa has this cream-filled donut, like a long Boston cream, except like, cake icing inside instead

I always see it and am like "fuck yeah I love these things" and then I take one bite and the sugar starts all of my teeth tingling like they're about to pop outta my head, and I remember "oh yeah this is why I don't eat these."

The king soopers near my parents house had these. I usually liked the ones with maple frosting on top. They would also often drizzle chocolate on the maple.

When I visit, I get one or two still. I miss them.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    I love those things

so did Maniac Magee

ya'll read that book?

Junior high assigned reading. One of the better assigned reading books of my childhood I think.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I love those things

so did Maniac Magee

ya'll read that book?

Junior high assigned reading. One of the better assigned reading books of my childhood I think.

Maniac Maniac
    Kissed a bull
    Maniac
    Don't go to school

I believe I read it in like 5th grade.

Also Tastykake is readily available up and down the entire East Coast at least, I think, as are other PA-based snack foods Utz and Turkey Hill.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Krispy Kreme is way too sweet. My teeth shouldn't hurt immediately upon biting in, only later when cavities form.

Top Pot all the way.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    @The Lovely Bastard There's a cheesesteak place in Austin that had tastykakes in the deli case, along with other presumably also imported Yankee delicacies.

I had to remind myself what scrapple is...

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Fiance isn't experiencing any side effects from her second shot except a bruise on her arm

Dad got his first shot as did mom, grandma, and eldest step daughter

pretty soon I will be the only one in my circle unvaccinated!

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    @The Lovely Bastard There's a cheesesteak place in Austin that had tastykakes in the deli case, along with other presumably also imported Yankee delicacies.

After you slaughter a hog and take the good bits, you make sausage.
    With what is left over from making sausage you make liver pudding.
    With what is left over from making liver pudding you make scrapple.

• Options
    Fiance isn't experiencing any side effects from her second shot except a bruise on her arm

Dad got his first shot as did mom, grandma, and eldest step daughter

pretty soon I will be the only one in my circle unvaccinated!

that's when they say the rites and burn you

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    "The Lovely Bastard" There's a cheesesteak place in Austin that had tastykakes in the deli case, along with other presumably also imported Yankee delicacies.

@pooka i will definitely have to check this place out when that is possible again. need to know what kinda accoutrements they got.

if they also sell peanut chew, i am moving in.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021

Good?

My extended family is in Maryland and we would go up for Christmas so I had scrapple as a kid well before I knew what it was. It’s probably the only way I would have eaten it.

Also, HEB does carry a small assortment of Tastykake products, I can’t be sure they sell krimpets though as they only sell their donuts online and I haven’t been in a store in ages.

Edit: Actually, I do have to go outside today I suppose I could take a look.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Sometimes I will treat myself to a sour cream glazed donut from Tim Hortons and it’s always worth it.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Sometimes I will treat myself to a sour cream glazed donut from Tim Hortons and it’s always worth it.

Tim's have a decent Boston Cream, which is the first one I'll grab when there's a free box around

If I have a choice though, we have some pretty ridiculous small business donuts in town now, I have Options

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'll happily eat almost any kind of donut you give me but there's something about the texture of a Krispy Kreme that just puts me off. It's like greasy air held together with a weird chemical masquerading as sugar, I don't like it one bit, and now that I'm old enough to say this BACK IN MY DAY when I was in college and folks were selling boxes of them as a fundraiser they weren't that way, the formula definitely changed.

This discussion has been closed.