As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Care to solve a mystery? Or perhaps re-write history?

18910111214»

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Aww

Screenshot for the finale on Google play shows what I assume is a big spoiler

Not as much as you might expect. It tells you a part of the episode, but nothing major in and of itself I would say.

Yeah, a whole lot of shit goes down in the episode and that screenshot is actually fairly minor and doesn't really reveal what it means.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    The finale feels like a full season's worth of character and plot development very skillfully metered out over the course of the runtime. A LOT happens with both the heroes and villains.

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    The finale feels like a full season's worth of character and plot development very skillfully metered out over the course of the runtime. A LOT happens with both the heroes and villains.

Oh for sure, it was very deftly handled. It's about as satisfying and ending as we could get considering we all wanted more seasons.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I would say the only thing through the course of the show that didn't get any more attention that I would have loved to have seen more of was
    solev27cd1tl.png

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I would say the only thing through the course of the show that didn't get any more attention that I would have loved to have seen more of was
    solev27cd1tl.png

the thing about that is
    the DW stuff is the hardest it's felt like this show's writers were angling for a spinoff

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Launchpad was right.

In regard to?
    Boxes.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    two more episodes to go and verizon fios decided to crap out on that channel only

grrrrrrrr

• Options
    oof

the second to last episode is the only one in the entire run that I didn't enjoy even a little bit

• Options
    finished it

I loved it overall, but a couple things really bugged me about the last couple episodes
    It seems weird that mythical seemingly all knowing objects (papyrus and karma scales) are apparently easily bamboozled. the karma scales were stupidly about to declare scrooge guilty for ..... reasons until a quick sentence by louie reversed it completely. Similarly, Bradford's contract worked .... until the magic sentence was said aloud. also, why on earth does "no adventuring" somehow mean "unable to walk"?

I loved the series, but I really didn't care too much for the last two episodes outside of the fan service moments

I wish they'd have cut 15 minutes out of the adventure part and had a proper send off like Gravity Falls

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    also, why on earth does "no adventuring" somehow mean "unable to walk"?

I pondered this myself, and the best I can come up with is:
    He's not allowed to adventure, and by getting into it with Bradford in some way, that might technically count, so it restrained him.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    I had a thought: If everything about this show had been exactly the same, that amazing quality all the way through, except they had fucked up the theme song, that would have practically ruined it from the get go.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Another thought: I absolutely loathe the "family means you do anything for them and forgive them for everything" trope so damn much. The fact that DuckTales had it in spades and it didn't detract from my enjoyment of it at all speaks volumes to the quality of the show.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Another thought: I absolutely loathe the "family means you do anything for them and forgive them for everything" trope so damn much. The fact that DuckTales had it in spades and it didn't detract from my enjoyment of it at all speaks volumes to the quality of the show.

yeah, that was repeated so many times especially in the season/series finales

• Options
    I will say that the way they presented that trope wasn't nearly as problematic as it usually is, probably mostly owing to it being all-ages show. When it really gets to me is when people are forgiving horrendous crimes and other things all in the name of "Well, he's my dad, so what can you do?"

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I think it was saved by "Family" being defined as the people you choose as your family rather than solely referring to blood-relation.

• Options
    Yeah, that too.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Finally was able to get around to watching the finale. It was really good! I am still mad and will continue to be mad at Disney for canceling the show though

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    finished it

I loved it overall, but a couple things really bugged me about the last couple episodes
    It seems weird that mythical seemingly all knowing objects (papyrus and karma scales) are apparently easily bamboozled. the karma scales were stupidly about to declare scrooge guilty for ..... reasons until a quick sentence by louie reversed it completely. Similarly, Bradford's contract worked .... until the magic sentence was said aloud. also, why on earth does "no adventuring" somehow mean "unable to walk"?

I loved the series, but I really didn't care too much for the last two episodes outside of the fan service moments

I wish they'd have cut 15 minutes out of the adventure part and had a proper send off like Gravity Falls

Yeah I don't want to be as harsh as saying "the show didn't stick the dismount" or anything because I was overall satisfied with the finale, but getting every character to appear only episodes after tossing them into the canon was just really rushed and I think did more to take away from the core story than add to it. For whatever the producers have said about plans and timelines, it really did feel like they were rushed into a finale they could have used a little more time to build to.

Regarding Gravity Falls, I realize it's incredibly unfair to try and hold anything to that show's standards but in a way that's how high my expectations were for DuckTales. If my most negative complaint about DuckTales is simply "it didn't have as good an ending as Gravity Falls" that's an incredibly high bar and little to complain about.

I'm An Elk; Shoot Me on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Finally got to the finale tonight after boss-rushing most of Season 3 over this weekend.

This was such an amazing show and I'm glad it got made. Glad it was able to go out on a great high note.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    We still only have 2 seasons on Disney+ in Norway. Can't wait to see the rest!

Ivar on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh, LP. 😂

I loved the recurring joke about how he can crash anything. First the tricycle with the front wheel on fire, then when he falls over the porch railing into the bush, the bush catches fire as he runs away.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    "Launchpad, can you crash the plane?"

*unanimous laughter*

edit: spellllinq

Xaquin on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    "Launchpap, can you crash the plane?"

*unanimous laughter*

Is launchpap his grandfather?

I watched the first adventure last night. I'm going very slowly because I don't want to run out. Only a few left...

• Options
    I just finished it last night since it recently showed up on D+, it was so good. Too bad they got canceled, but it's a really good place to end it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Regarding B.O.Y.D.
    I don't know much about AstroBoy, was finding him in the trash an AstroBoy thing or did they also slip in a Battle Angel reference among the AstroBoy as Lupin ones?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah that was a really great part.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh one other thing that I noticed in this season that made laugh out loud.
    In the TaleSpin episode
    The bathroom in the cockpit had a sign that said "The Woods".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Regarding B.O.Y.D.
    I don't know much about AstroBoy, was finding him in the trash an AstroBoy thing or did they also slip in a Battle Angel reference among the AstroBoy as Lupin ones?

Its a direct reference
    Astro was abandoned by his creator then found and modfied by a different scientist.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    In the TaleSpin episode

this show should have had 5 more seasons

• Options
    In the TaleSpin episode

Hahaha, I missed that. Fantastic!

BLM - ACAB