As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Knockout [Chat]

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    There is a new Ghostbusters trailer. Watch the beginning. Really, it is just the beginning that is new.
    https://youtu.be/CiaZ1Z4ZJoM

Ugh. Everything about this looks like it was designed by a committee.

Probably.

At least it kind of looks like a movie instead of 2 hours of comedians ad-libbing for the camera.

It kinda gives the impression Gozer might be back in some way or some kind of energy from Gozer. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

I'm guessing that beam of light we saw shoot out of the ground was from the containment unit, long buried and now failing.

OG Ghostbusters show up as the containment unit breaks, we find out Egon went into it when he died to keep it stable, something warmhearted happens and maybe Bill Murray finally apologizes to Harold Ramis' ghost.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    For what it's worth Lars is completely hated in every single archery community, and the biggest claim to fame of Hollywood embracing his shit was that he was the technical advisor for that Taron Edgerton(?) Jamie Foxx robin hood movie.

Why? Just curious.

Uses a handgun

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I dunno, I just fundamentally don't like movies that lean so far into comedic ad libbing that they lose any fundamental character aspects. Feigs movies, to me, are notorious for that. It feels like stitched together SNL vignettes. The only one of his that didn't was Spy. Bad Teacher, Bridesmaids, The Heat, etc, all fell incredibly flat for me.

Every once in a while a miracle happens (Again, Superbad) and all the planets align etc, but for the most part I file these kinds of films away with all of the bad Adam Sandler movies that were made because dude wanted to get paid to go on vacation. Which, I would do the same thing.

Which is why I couldn't get into GB2016. This looks like the people involved might give a shit. Whether it's a lame paint-by-the-numbers affair or something with some actual heart is impossible to tell, but I'm just happy it's not another one of those fucking movies.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    For what it's worth Lars is completely hated in every single archery community, and the biggest claim to fame of Hollywood embracing his shit was that he was the technical advisor for that Taron Edgerton(?) Jamie Foxx robin hood movie.

Why? Just curious.

He's got a bad habit of instead of saying "hey I've trained in this almost lost art of horseback archery (which is the entire purpose of his form) and re-tooled it for some interesting shooting, let's start a club" and instead gone to every archery organization and basically told them they all suck their shit sucks his shit rocks and they need to get with it.

No one disagrees with his ability or knowledge of archery, but his style isn't original. It's the mongolian horse-bow style and has been seen from the far reaches of Asia to the native americas, but he acts like he invented trick shots.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    jrx why do you hate women

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »

lifehack: if you don't shoot a bow like this you're a fucking idiot

This motherfucker has another video where he curves arrows around shit

it's worth nothing! Look at the motherfucker shoot!

Maybe they hate him cuz they ain't him?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    jrx why do you hate women

Because I can't get a date obvs

• Options
    I dunno, I just fundamentally don't like movies that lean so far into comedic ad libbing that they lose any fundamental character aspects. Feigs movies, to me, are notorious for that. It feels like stitched together SNL vignettes. The only one of his that didn't was Spy. Bad Teacher, Bridesmaids, The Heat, etc, all fell incredibly flat for me.

Every once in a while a miracle happens (Again, Superbad) and all the planets align etc, but for the most part I file these kinds of films away with all of the bad Adam Sandler movies that were made because dude wanted to get paid to go on vacation. Which, I would do the same thing.

Which is why I couldn't get into GB2016. This looks like the people involved might give a shit. Whether it's a lame paint-by-the-numbers affair or something with some actual heart is impossible to tell, but I'm just happy it's not another one of those fucking movies.

Yeah I didn't care about most of Feig's stuff but I loved Spy and they did a bad job marketing it. It was a really good movie.

• Options

lifehack: if you don't shoot a bow like this you're a fucking idiot

This motherfucker has another video where he curves arrows around shit

it's worth nothing! Look at the motherfucker shoot!

Maybe they hate him cuz they ain't him?

Fred Bear used to do the same shit without using giant blunted tips to make the shot easier.

He used young boys holding targets.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

Why? Just curious.

He's got a bad habit of instead of saying "hey I've trained in this almost lost art of horseback archery (which is the entire purpose of his form) and re-tooled it for some interesting shooting, let's start a club" and instead gone to every archery organization and basically told them they all suck their shit sucks his shit rocks and they need to get with it.

No one disagrees with his ability or knowledge of archery, but his style isn't original. It's the mongolian horse-bow style and has been seen from the far reaches of Asia to the native americas, but he acts like he invented trick shots.

but mah parthian shots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthian_shot

• Options
    edited April 2021

Yeah I didn't care about most of Feig's stuff but I loved Spy and they did a bad job marketing it. It was a really good movie.

Spy proves Feig has enough talent to make actual, real damn good comedic movies when he puts effort into it. The timing of the jokes was *mwah*

And yeah, I agree, they presented it as another wacky hijinks movie when it's actually solid as hell and hilarious.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Why? Just curious.

Ah gotcha. Thanks.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Why? Just curious.

Ok I had my money on "Because he's an asshole" who do I collect from

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i am living for the internet's obsession with christopher meloni's butt

• Options
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Hnng, captain, I'm tryin' to solve a crime but I'm dummy thicc, and the clap of my ass cheeks keeps alerting the crooks

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    we need to ban butts

future robot bodies will not have robutts

also ban pooping, it's gross

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    7jqk2iaevjrw.png

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    socrates was such a shitposter he got democratically voted to death

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    What is Feral really

• Options
    7jqk2iaevjrw.png

maekuthinkemoji.jpg

• Options
    Newegg just don't even give a fuck

• Options
    this show Hunters is really good but ringing in the ears is a plot device and it is fucking up my tinnitus and i really fucking hate when media does that

• Options
    Come to newegg.com for pc parts, cb radios, and supercar exhaust systems.

• Options
    Come to newegg.com for pc parts (minus video cards), cb radios, and supercar exhaust systems.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    buy fresh eggs at newegg.com

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    "One would expect Kant to take a hard line against rape as an immoral act, since it uses a person’s body
    without their consent. However, Kant scholars point out that his views on rape largely amount to what
    we today might call victim-shaming. He says that a woman who has been raped, since she has
    surrendered to the will of another person, “is bound to give up her life rather than dishonor humanity” –
    Kant opines that it is better for her to commit suicide than to dishonor herself as a rape victim. Alan Soble
    describes this as an example of Kant’s ethics being problematically “stubborn about the moral
    significance of such duties-to-self”, like the duty not to degrade oneself (p. 56)."

uTiLiTaRiAnS dOn'T uNdErStAnD dIgNiTy

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Spy is fantastic, if only for the Jason Statham scenes alone. He plays a parody of a role that he usually plays in his movies, and it's fantastic.

https://youtu.be/Ouie3peYaTg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    What is Feral really

I'll do you one better...
    WHY is Feral??

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    all of philosophy is canceled for failing to cancel kantians
    don't they know he's a racist? smh

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    why not feral

• Options
    why not feral

zoidberg.png

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    When is Feral

• Options
    So @Feral here's a video from four years before Lars got big, it's another instructor (who I believe worked with Lars but I can't cite that) who teaches the same style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9RGnujlkI

You can pause the video and see she still uses the traditional form of the arrow to the left of the forward grip, which is what makes sense because otherwise you've got to cant the bow (tilt it) something godawful to get a sight profile and avoid the archer's paradox, which Lars says he avoids by putting the arrow of the off side, but scientifically that's horseshit and actually makes your arrows fly wild unless you've specifically spined and fletched them that way, which he has.

What makes her a fast shot (aside from practice) is that she uses a thumb ring and you grip the arrow to pull back rather than letting the nock clip onto the string as it does with modern plastic nocks. Thumb ring style uses more of a "U" shaped nock you have to hold with your thumb and inner palm.

She's also shooting at a large blanket instead of an actual target because it's almost fucking impossible to hit something smaller than a torso like that, hence it being a horse drawn style. Mongol soldiers used to carry an arrow in each grove between fingers and could fire off four arrows from horseback in about five seconds, and if they were close, they were in the midst of battle so they're gonna hit something, be it horse or man.

Lars basically adopted an existing technique to fit his style as would someone who learned to play guitar by ear but those people don't typically go to concerts and tell the performers they're doing it wrong.

Anyway that's my archery rant for the year everyone click like and subscribe and don't forget to keep those comments coming.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    all of philosophy is canceled for failing to cancel kantians
    don't they know he's a racist? smh

oh hello the author of this op ed which runs once a month, I didn't know you also posted on forums dot penny dash arcade dot com

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »
    "One would expect Kant to take a hard line against rape as an immoral act, since it uses a person’s body
    without their consent. However, Kant scholars point out that his views on rape largely amount to what
    we today might call victim-shaming. He says that a woman who has been raped, since she has
    surrendered to the will of another person, “is bound to give up her life rather than dishonor humanity” –
    Kant opines that it is better for her to commit suicide than to dishonor herself as a rape victim. Alan Soble
    describes this as an example of Kant’s ethics being problematically “stubborn about the moral
    significance of such duties-to-self”, like the duty not to degrade oneself (p. 56)."

uTiLiTaRiAnS dOn'T uNdErStAnD dIgNiTy
    I Kant believe it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    How much wood could a feral chuck

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Spy is fantastic, if only for the Jason Statham scenes alone. He plays a parody of a role that he usually plays in his movies, and it's fantastic.

https://youtu.be/Ouie3peYaTg

One of my favorite things from KPCS was when he did an anniversary show with Matthew Perry and Pollak pointed out you can do a flawless Statham impersonation by taking "Do you know what I mean", compressing it into the two syllable "djuh-maen", and then say it with a slight rasp in less time than it takes to say the word "mean" normally.

This discussion has been closed.