Options

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    ouchies wrote: »
    There are multiple moments in Part II that exceed the giraffe scene. Naughty Dog really crafted something special in those scenes. It’s also the bleakest video game I’ve ever played. It was an experience that made me genuinely question whether or not I have the capacity to feel empathy; I had to ask myself a lot of uncomfortable questions after playing the game and I didn’t always like the answers.

I don't think I'll ever play this game because of comments like this. I own it and it's still in the plastic wrap. But I don't think I'll ever be in a good mindset to enjoy it.

• Options
    ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    I should say that Part I is one of my favorite games of all time and I think Part II is a masterpiece, it’s just a very specific kind of masterpiece that I won’t be replaying nearly as often as I replay Part I.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Oh, the awesome Jason Schreier has more details about the Last of Us Remake. Apparently it was an attempt by Visual Arts Service Corp. (a Sony studio with a very clunky name) to move beyond providing support for other titles and make their own game. They thought about doing a remake of Uncharted for a while (which is how those non-Naughty Dog Uncharted rumors came about), but settled on The Last of Us because it would be easier. But Sony eventually sent a platoon of Naughty Doggers in to help, most of the Visual Arts Service Corp. leaders left, and now it's pretty much a Naughty Dog project.

The article mentions that Sony's got a big focus on blockbusters at the expense of smaller games, which is causing a lot of turnover. A bunch of Bend's staff left when Days Gone 2 got canned, and a LOT of big names have left the Japan studio after pretty much everything not named Astro got canned.

Which is a damn shame. I'm really looking forward to playing Miles Morales, the next Ratchet, and the next Horizon, but I miss Sony's weird experimental stuff.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    urahonky wrote: »
    There are multiple moments in Part II that exceed the giraffe scene. Naughty Dog really crafted something special in those scenes. It’s also the bleakest video game I’ve ever played. It was an experience that made me genuinely question whether or not I have the capacity to feel empathy; I had to ask myself a lot of uncomfortable questions after playing the game and I didn’t always like the answers.

I don't think I'll ever play this game because of comments like this. I own it and it's still in the plastic wrap. But I don't think I'll ever be in a good mindset to enjoy it.

I played it together with my GF and it was one of my best gaming experiences due to being able to play it together. Definitely the best gaming experience we've had together hands down. It's something we still talk about and not just because of bleakness. There's a lot there and it's really well done and worth the full journey.

DemonStacey on
  • Options

I played it together with my GF and it was one of my best gaming experiences due to being able to play it together. Definitely the best gaming experience we've had together hands down. It's something we still talk about and not just because of bleakness. There's a lot there and it's really well done and worth the full journey.

I have no doubt that you're right. I just get too emotional in these kinds of games. The intro of TLoU1 absolutely gutted me. Gutted.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I mean, I understand wanting to dovetail with the movie, and I'm generally not one to gripe about remakes, but isn't a mere ten years a really short time for a remaster?

I still keep debating about whether I should play the sequel. The first one was just about the maximum level of grim I could take. How does the second compare? Does it have stuff like the first's giraffe scene that will keep me going?

The sequel is so much worse than the first game. It's an endless, interminable slog through shit after shit after shit after shit, and just when you think it's finally ending, surprise! Another 4 hours of shit!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I mean, I understand wanting to dovetail with the movie, and I'm generally not one to gripe about remakes, but isn't a mere ten years a really short time for a remaster?

I still keep debating about whether I should play the sequel. The first one was just about the maximum level of grim I could take. How does the second compare? Does it have stuff like the first's giraffe scene that will keep me going?

The sequel is so much worse than the first game. It's an endless, interminable slog through shit after shit after shit after shit, and just when you think it's finally ending, surprise! Another 4 hours of shit!

Gonna have to disagree a bit there. It also has nice moments and moments of levity. It's not like in the first game after the nice moments the game didn't turn back around and slap you in the face with bleakness as well.

Like the first game was more bleak than not. It was always very small glimmers of light in a sea of darkness
    All the way through the very end
    and the second game does the same.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Gonna have to disagree a bit there. It also has nice moments and moments of levity. It's not like in the first game after the nice moments the game didn't turn back around and slap you in the face with bleakness as well.

Like the first game was more bleak than not. It was always very small glimmers of light in a sea of darkness

Yeah sure there were a few moments of levity, but it was all VASTLY overshadowed by everything else in the game.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

Yeah sure there were a few moments of levity, but it was all VASTLY overshadowed by everything else in the game.

Well yes but same with the first game is what I'm saying. Second game may have had those moments go a bit darker and more often I agree there but that's also partly due to the visuals and added length. It's not nearly the extreme difference it was made out to be above.

part 1 and 2 spoilers
    Part 1 has harsher opening and darker ending. They both have nice moments sprinkled throughout but the harsh turns after each and every one. I'm just not sure how a game that starts and ends the way 1 does can called to THAT much lighter of an experience than 2.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    They should get Naughty Dog to remake Parasite Eve instead. Or something else that actually could use a remake instead of a game that still looks and plays nice and is already playable on modern consoles.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    They should get Naughty Dog to remake Parasite Eve instead. Or something else that actually could use a remake instead of a game that still looks and plays nice and is already playable on modern consoles.

I would do some unholy things for a Parasite Eve remake.

• Options

Oh dear lord.

Just imagine the rat in modern graphics,

I would also just love a modern new PE game with all the dark twisted monsters of game 1.

• Options
    I hope they make a book, comic or short TV series to wrap up what happens in Days Gone.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's a shame because Days Gone was rough but probably could have become a good franchise if they had given it time, but Sony prob feels like they already have one good zombie franchise so why bother

It also amuses me that Sony let a studio start a TLoU remake but not give them any money, take them off that project to help crunch out the sequel and then once everyone gets fed up and leaves then give the remake... To the people who made the game original lmao

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I hope they make a book, comic or short TV series to wrap up what happens in Days Gone.
    FEMA IS EVOLVED ZOMBIES. I can't imagine a sequel being anything other than utterly absurd.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Remaking The Last of Us 1 is a waste of resources. Uncharted 1 is pretty old and would benefit much more so. I would say Jak and Daxter, but I don't think anyone involved wants to be in the Jak business right now, so a remake of that would be misleading.

• Options
    FEMA IS EVOLVED ZOMBIES. I can't imagine a sequel being anything other than utterly absurd.

It's the perfect schlock that I am into.

• Options
    Yea I honestly was totally down for another Days Gone after the ending.

Sad we aren't getting it.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Naughty Dog should remake/reboot Dino Crisis. That'd be wild.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Literally any other game besides TLOU would be a good use of time. Remastered 1 still looks and plays great?

• Options
    Guys guys guys

The obvious answer is right there. Naughty Dog to remake Tomb Raider 1.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3659382/bloomberg-the-last-of-us-getting-a-remake-for-the-ps5-days-gone-sequel-nixed/

We're getting a Last of Us remake for the ps5 and they've killed off the Days Gone sequel which is a fucking crime against humanity. I wanted to know where the story goes.

That genuinely fucking pisses me off, Days Gone had some of the most unique takes on both zombies and open-world stuff that I've seen in ages. It had some rough edges, sure, but I couldn't give less of a shit about another handholding game-half-played-for-you Uncharted game with gameplay a decade or two out of date.

And a Last of Us remake? When there's already a remaster? How stupidly pointless is that?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Guys guys guys

You meant this as a joke probably, but if they or anyone else remake Tomb Raider 1 again, I will freak out in a bad way. Make NEW games!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Guys guys guys

You meant this as a joke probably, but if they or anyone else remake Tomb Raider 1 again, I will freak out in a bad way. Make NEW games!

Tomb Raider 1 remastered, with modern graphics:
    aR31Loy_460s.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    It's telling this news comes on the heels of Sony shitcanning most avenues of access to buying actual Playstation 3-era games and says it all about current leadership's philosophy to videogame preservation

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Literally any other game besides TLOU would be a good use of time. Remastered 1 still looks and plays great?

Where's my Soul Reaver remake?

Where!?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Where!?
    Forget the remake, make a final game to wrap things up.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options

Where!?

Rolls?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Where!?
    Forget the remake, make a final game to wrap things up.

I will NEVER get over the cliffhanger ending of Defiance.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What's s good headset that works with both the PC and PS5? Finally looking to upgrade from the PS gold I've had for years.

Tried the new headset Sony released with the PS5. Found it extremely uncomfortable and refunded it.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    @Stragint I've been real happy with my Astro A40s, they sound great and are very comfortable even over my glasses. 3d audio seems perfect to my unprofessional ears.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    At this rate I'm not gonna be able to play Intergrade until September just cause I can't find a PS5.

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    What's s good headset that works with both the PC and PS5? Finally looking to upgrade from the PS gold I've had for years.

Tried the new headset Sony released with the PS5. Found it extremely uncomfortable and refunded it.

Wireless or are you ok with wired?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

Definitely a wireless headset.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options

I've got no advice then, lol. I'm on that wired train.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    If you're looking to upgrade because your Gold's are looking ratty (the foam on mine got really flaky after a while), you can buy replacement foam pads for them. They literally just pop right off and are super easy to replace.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I'd recommend the new Xbox headset actually, and it should work fine because it has Bluetooth in it. I like it because it can pair to both my Xbox and phone at the same time, tho not sure if that's possible on the PS side.

Edit: disregard, I found out it's not compatible with PS devices over bluetooth. Shame!

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular

Oh yeah sorry, my Astros are wired, but they might make wireless now?

• Options
    Icemopper wrote: »

Oh yeah sorry, my Astros are wired, but they might make wireless now?

Astro has the A20 and A50 as wireless. I don't know how they compare directly against the A40. A20 is probably in the price range you're looking for at $120ish. The A50 is like $300ish and is more of a high end thing, so if you're interested in that, I'd probably look around and get a better feel for that price range.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I actually have some Astro A30s that we bought a million years ago and they mostly still work with amazing audio quality. The mic options on the other hand, not so much. I think if I were to replace them today I would likely look at something from Logitech. Unless I could find a great deal on the Astros.

26904.png