As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Hotels are now Live! All prices listed are PER NIGHT

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    So you'll be in the closer hotel then?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Liger wrote: »
    It's not about Seattle being dangerous, Mentok. It's about how far you want to walk after being at PAX all day.
    Jesus Christ, it's, like, an extra hundred feet. If you have that much trouble getting that far, you probably need the exercise.

For us after working pax all day for 20+h, that really matters when we want to go pass out :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    So you'll be in the closer hotel then?
    I'll be taking the bus.
    BigRed wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Liger wrote: »
    It's not about Seattle being dangerous, Mentok. It's about how far you want to walk after being at PAX all day.
    Jesus Christ, it's, like, an extra hundred feet. If you have that much trouble getting that far, you probably need the exercise.
    For us after working pax all day for 20+h, that really matters when we want to go pass out :P
    :roll:

Pussies.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I thought about staying in the hostel. It's definitely the cheapest way to go. But I think I can get enough people to go with me that the Sheraton is worth it. So I just got reservations :D

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    collinc wrote: »
    I thought about staying in the hostel. It's definitely the cheapest way to go. But I think I can get enough people to go with me that the Sheraton is worth it. So I just got reservations :D
    It's a fucking nice hostel, too. Best I've ever stayed in.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I stayed at the Days Inn 7th Ave (or whatever it's called) last year. Was kinda dive-y, but it was only 6 blocks or so to the convention center. At 70-80 bucks a night (for a single, although we had 2 people sleep on the floor sunday night) it was decent.

Might try and convince the gf to go for a better room this year. Depends on if I can get more people to come down with me.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    I stayed at the Days Inn 7th Ave (or whatever it's called) last year. Was kinda dive-y, but it was only 6 blocks or so to the convention center. At 70-80 bucks a night (for a single, although we had 2 people sleep on the floor sunday night) it was decent.

Might try and convince the gf to go for a better room this year. Depends on if I can get more people to come down with me.

I stayed there also. Great for the price (4 people in a room FTW).

Did the thread with the reviews of hotels and such get deleted or rolled up somewhere?

JPants on
  • Options
    TaraTLCTaraTLC Registered User new member
    edited January 2008
    Ravenger wrote: »
    I am planning on saving up money and getting some friends (who dont know about PAX) to come up from redmond oh-so-far-away from Seattle to get rent a hotel room (mainly so my parents cant bug me about being on video games all day) Does anybody know if thers an age limit to rent one, and if you need to be a certain age to have people in there that are younger than you? Thanks in advance =)

P.S. anybody know prices etc., or info about BYOC for next year?

Hey. I worked for the Hotel industry in Seattle. As far as I know, you must be 18 to check into a hotel, with a credit card in your name.

If you were using someone elses credit card, you would need to arrange that with the hotel via a pre paid credit card authorization forum (usually).

Also, the only person who can legally check into a hotel room is the person who's name is on the reservation.

The best thing you can do, is call each hotel individually and check their policies.

Good luck!

TaraTLC on
  • Options
    wolfman405wolfman405 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Okay is the prices on the PAX site for the weekend or for 1 night?

wolfman405 on
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    wolfman405 wrote: »

A night.

Highfire on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    wolfman405 wrote: »

I say again *ALL* prices posted anywhere online for hotels are per night.

BigRed on
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    You can get a single at the Roosevelt (not PAX rate) for $119 through Hotels.com

I dunno...I think it'd be worth it to spend an extra $40 just for an extra bed and a place for the parties to move into once the rest of the hotel rooms get trashed beyond recognition.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    DStalefish wrote: »
    You can get a single at the Roosevelt (not PAX rate) for $119 through Hotels.com

I dunno...I think it'd be worth it to spend an extra $40 just for an extra bed and a place for the parties to move into once the rest of the hotel rooms get trashed beyond recognition.

Um... no you cant?
    Thursday-sunday = $247.67

Link

Friday-sunday = $225

Link

Cheapest I see there is $225 a night, which is still more expensive than the PAX rate.

BigRed on
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DStalefish wrote: »

Besides, you should really book through PA anyway. As Feh said, that is the only way for them to measure numbers.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    You have to select 1 adult.

link

Thursday - Sunday at $119 a night.

And yea, the head count's a good reason to use the PAX deals, but if you'd rather spend $40 on booze...well there's the option. :P

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Just so everyone knows I booked my group's (4 dudes) room through the PAX deal. You can all stop worrying.

Also, one of us is still unsure. So, we might have an extra... half of a bed. You wanna be the big spoon or the little spoon?

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I was very happy with the sheraton hotel. I will book into a "wild" hotel instead if they are able to book entire floors. Otherwise, The sheraton is acceptable. I just wish I could get a room with an AV hook up.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    kaldoniskaldonis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Anyone know how easy it would be to convince the Hyatt to give my friends a connecting room to my own? I've already booked (a corner suite, woot) and I'm not sure if you usually need to book the rooms together to get that or not. I plan on sending them an email later today but I'm just looking for a heads up if anyone has experience with this.

kaldonis on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I think you need to book those together, you could reserve a second room, request it be connected or next to your suite and have your friends pay you for their space int he rooms.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    kaldonis wrote: »
    Anyone know how easy it would be to convince the Hyatt to give my friends a connecting room to my own? I've already booked (a corner suite, woot) and I'm not sure if you usually need to book the rooms together to get that or not. I plan on sending them an email later today but I'm just looking for a heads up if anyone has experience with this.

I'd recommend calling them up and asking.

I also got a corner suite and would like to get on a mostly PAX-booked floor because I'm hoping to bring my Rock Band set for Thursday night partying. Naturally, I'd prefer if my neighbors weren't geriatric sleepaholics.

I'm hoping that the PAX rate code will automatically put us all on the same floor, but if you find a way to special request such an arrangement, let me know and count me in.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    kaldoniskaldonis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    slacktron wrote: »
    ...I'm hoping to bring my Rock Band set...

On second thought, you can have the room connecting to mine. :P

kaldonis on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I also got a corner suite and would like to get on a mostly PAX-booked floor because I'm hoping to bring my Rock Band set for Thursday night partying. Naturally, I'd prefer if my neighbors weren't geriatric sleepaholics.

Keep in mind that some PAX-goers DO like to sleep at least a little bit each night so, you know, we can run PAX during the day. :P

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    redfish27redfish27 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The nightly hotel rates (at least for the 3 official hotels) go up significantly if you try to reserve a room for more than 2 people. For those of you who stayed in one last year, were you honest about the reservation or did you just reserve a room for two? Did any of the hotels give you a hard time for paying for 2 but sleeping 4?

redfish27 on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So I got my wife and I a corner suite at the Hyatt. Will be occupied by a Wii and a 360 with Rock band. Should I bring my 20 inch monitor to hook the 360 to or just use whatever TV the hotel provides?

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    redfish27 wrote: »
    The nightly hotel rates (at least for the 3 official hotels) go up significantly if you try to reserve a room for more than 2 people. For those of you who stayed in one last year, were you honest about the reservation or did you just reserve a room for two? Did any of the hotels give you a hard time for paying for 2 but sleeping 4?

Last year they gave us a five person max, but also never asked about multiple people.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    redfish27 wrote: »

They seem to be adding their rollaway bed fees automatically for the third and fourth person.

Last year I booked for the room for one (me) then called about a month afterwards and added the other three people to the room list (once I found my roomies on the forum). When you call in they ask if you need the roll-aways (the Sheraton does at least) and you can tell them no. Then you only pay the flat rate for four people.

Even if its four guys or four girls on your registry they won't dig any deeper and ask about your sleeping arrangements and will just assume you are fond enough of each other to share the two beds.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I assume four people max per room for fire regulations, right? Although, I'm sure if you say nothing about five people in the room, they wouldn't.

Also, for those that stayed last year, is parking included? One can never be too sure with some hotels.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Parking is NOT included. Its an extra $25 a day for parking almost anywhere in downtown seattle.

BigRed on
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Parking is NOT included. Its an extra $25 a day for parking almost anywhere in downtown seattle.

Last year I found that the convention center parking structure was one of the best deals. It came to something like $14.00.

Ah, here it is: WSCTC public parking garage

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Whoa there. The Hyatt is most definitely the "quiet" hotel. It's mostly filled with business travelers, and they will certainly raise a fuss if someone's throwing down with Rock Band.

If you (or anyone else) want to party, go with the Sheraton or the Roosevelt. While we only have a very small block at the Hyatt, we've got the majority of those two hotels dedicated to PAX. Chances are high that your neighbors will have a PAX badge.

So unlike the Hyatt, if a badge-wearing person knocks on your door at the Sheraton it won't be the cops.

-Mike

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Last year I found that the convention center parking structure was one of the best deals. It came to something like $14.00.

Ah, here it is: WSCTC public parking garage

Wait... how did you get the validation price for the parking?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    SnoowySnoowy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So does the Sheraton have A/V hook-ups available for their TVs? Or are they blocked off...
    I'll be bringing my Wii60 (don't know if there will be enough room for Rock Band) but I'll be bringing Brawl and other wonderful multi-player games for good ol fashioned gaming time...So should we bring a TV if we want to play?

Snoowy on
    Snoowii.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Last year, the new tower had flat screens with hookups, and the old tower had old tvs with blocked off everything

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Hmm and there is probably no way to find out what tower we'll be in... TILL IT'S TO LATE.

Or is there some super secret way to find out...

Snoowy on
    Snoowii.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Call them up and ask if they replaced the TVs in the old tower. If not, ask to be booked for the new tower. The worst they can say is no.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Ah yes the classic "call them and ask them" move.
    Thanks!

Snoowy on
    Snoowii.png
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    remember that the rate you get isn't what you'll be charged too. The "hotel tax" is absurd. It was supposed to be $660 or so and turned out with the tax to be around $850.

Shade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Shade wrote: »
    remember that the rate you get isn't what you'll be charged too. The "hotel tax" is absurd. It was supposed to be $660 or so and turned out with the tax to be around $850.

All the taxes on hotel rooms in seattle total to around 18%

BigRed on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So the Sheraton is where it's at?

A friend and mine are definitely heading over to PAX this year, flying from New York. Ideally, I'd like to be in the hotel most of the PAX people are staying at.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    What's with all these people flying?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.