Options

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh hey I noticed that happen to mine the other day. Hit the controller button and the console didn't turn on. Console somehow was 100% off instead of in rest mode. No big deal, just had to boot it back up but weird!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah it's not that big of a deal. It's just annoying because I sit down on the couch with my wife we get the blanket up and we're ready to shoot some people in Borderlands 3... And the console doesn't turn on. And then the controller doesn't login properly.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Had something similar happen. Console was in rest mode, I tried to turn it on with the controller but nothing happened, no beeps. Then the yellow light went off. I tried again and now it did beep, but it started as if it had been off, and I got the nag message of "You didn't turn off your console properly!"

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    sooo maybe i'll continue to not plug in external storage for a while

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I've had an external drive going for a while now and no issues so far. Rest mode works just fine.

lucky you; i've never had an external drive and rest mode still improperly powers off mine randomly if games are open :(

To be fair, I've never tried rest mode with a game open. I always exit and close any games before engaging rest mode. Force of habit.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I've rest moded almost exclusively since day November with no issue, but haven't used an external at all.

Beta test variation~

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I've been using rest mode since day 1, and added an external HDD in December. Never had an issue.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I can't download the update. My PS5 is saying there is no net connection but my wifi is working perfectly right now.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Any of you with a LAN cable connection, get this issue? A friend of mine and I are seeing it, where the message "LAN Cable disconneced" and then immediatelyy "LAN Cable connected" pops up, even multiple times (Like 4-6 times).

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Any of you with a LAN cable connection, get this issue? A friend of mine and I are seeing it, where the message "LAN Cable disconneced" and then immediatelyy "LAN Cable connected" pops up, even multiple times (Like 4-6 times).

It could be anything from:

-A faulty lan cable
    -A faulty router, or your router has lost connection
    -Possibly something faulty on the console itself

I would get it all the damn time on my PS4. I'm... 80% confidant it's probably my cables, because it did briefly fix itself when I changed it, but then it came back but only in spits and spurts. But then my old router eventually died, and I don't think I've ever seen that message since with the new one (all physical LAN ports just randomly died, and only wireless worked, so... maybe those messages were a sign). I'm using the same cable now on my PS5, and the only time I've seen that message is when my router craps out and loses its connection, which happens once every so often in a blue moon.

So I'd check your cables and router first.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    My PS5 (and PS4 before it) has always been connected by LAN and I've never seen that message. I would suspect a router or switch problem if the cable is not visibly damaged.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I don’t understand why they would need to release a “gameplay demo” of Resident Evil Village. The gameplay of every single Resident Evil game is literally exactly the same:

1. Download/install game
    2. Play for five minutes
    3. Piss my pants out of fear
    4. Delete

Why do I need a demo of that?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    ouchies wrote: »
    There are multiple moments in Part II that exceed the giraffe scene. Naughty Dog really crafted something special in those scenes. It’s also the bleakest video game I’ve ever played. It was an experience that made me genuinely question whether or not I have the capacity to feel empathy; I had to ask myself a lot of uncomfortable questions after playing the game and I didn’t always like the answers.

I don't think I'll ever play this game because of comments like this. I own it and it's still in the plastic wrap. But I don't think I'll ever be in a good mindset to enjoy it.

I played it together with my GF and it was one of my best gaming experiences due to being able to play it together. Definitely the best gaming experience we've had together hands down. It's something we still talk about and not just because of bleakness. There's a lot there and it's really well done and worth the full journey.

I have no doubt that you're right. I just get too emotional in these kinds of games. The intro of TLoU1 absolutely gutted me. Gutted.

Let me go ahead and give you some info to reinforce your decision. I picked it up TLoU2 a couple weeks ago to play while the wife was out of town after putting it off because any zombie content gives her nightmares. I think I am about 75% of the way through and though I agree with all of the positive things people have said, I will be ready to put it down forever when I am done. It's real good but it's extremely unpleasant. Not only is the world every bit as grim as it was before, but the plot focuses on what's essentially a civil war (the infected play a surprisingly minor role in the game) that the game puts in you in the driver seat on both bloody sides of.

I eagerly replayed the first to do NG+ because I thought the combat was fun and wanted to experience the story again because it was just so good. But there isn't enough depth added to the combat of the second for me to want to relive the atrocities I'm committing and witnessing.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »

It could be anything from:

-A faulty lan cable
    -A faulty router, or your router has lost connection
    -Possibly something faulty on the console itself

I would get it all the damn time on my PS4. I'm... 80% confidant it's probably my cables, because it did briefly fix itself when I changed it, but then it came back but only in spits and spurts. But then my old router eventually died, and I don't think I've ever seen that message since with the new one (all physical LAN ports just randomly died, and only wireless worked, so... maybe those messages were a sign). I'm using the same cable now on my PS5, and the only time I've seen that message is when my router craps out and loses its connection, which happens once every so often in a blue moon.

So I'd check your cables and router first.

It's the exact same connection I had with my PS4, never had any issues. I have two other devices connected via LAN cable and no issues either, only the PS5 started doing it, and since my friend's also does it, it makes me believe it's something with the console.

I mean it's only happened two or three times, so it's not that it really worries me, just curious if anyone else had it.

• Options
    Do you guys have any suggestions for fun local coop for the PS5/PS4? My wife and I played through BL3 a bit but their recent patch drastically reduced the drop rate of everything and now it's more of a chore to play than anything. I guess we could fire up Diablo 3 but I want to hear if you guys know of any that can keep our attention that I can't think of.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    It's short but the new Streets of Rage was fun.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Do you guys have any suggestions for fun local coop for the PS5/PS4? My wife and I played through BL3 a bit but their recent patch drastically reduced the drop rate of everything and now it's more of a chore to play than anything. I guess we could fire up Diablo 3 but I want to hear if you guys know of any that can keep our attention that I can't think of.

Overcooked All You Can Eat is Overcooked 1 and 2 and all the various DLC in a single SKU for Ps5, that's very good if you haven't played it. Darksiders Genesis is supposedly pretty fun in co-op as well, I haven't gotten to try it yet, though.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Drez wrote: »
    I don’t understand why they would need to release a “gameplay demo” of Resident Evil Village. The gameplay of every single Resident Evil game is literally exactly the same:

1. Download/install game
    2. Play for five minutes
    4. Delete

Aren’t those demos more like prologues that get released before the game? That is kinda cool, I wish more games did that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

Overcooked All You Can Eat is Overcooked 1 and 2 and all the various DLC in a single SKU for Ps5, that's very good if you haven't played it. Darksiders Genesis is supposedly pretty fun in co-op as well, I haven't gotten to try it yet, though.

Yeah we enjoyed them on the Switch. Overcooked is a great game locally! I didn't think about Genesis but will look into it.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    After pricing out decent speeded external ssds.. I kinda wish Sony had skipped this functionality and just focus on their nvme support? Doesn’t make much sense to me to spend half what the full fledged nvme upgrade to be able to transfer games 10 minutes faster than my gigabit connection can download them

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    After pricing out decent speeded external ssds.. I kinda wish Sony had skipped this functionality and just focus on their nvme support? Doesn’t make much sense to me to spend half what the full fledged nvme upgrade to be able to transfer games 10 minutes faster than my gigabit connection can download them

Not all of us have gigabit. :(

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Not all of us have gigabit. :(

yeah, new releases take me about 3 days to download, it'd be a bit quicker if it wasn't just going overnight but doing so renders the internet completely useless for anything else, you can't even watch youtube.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Just want to say - it’s baffling how quick this thing is selling out during a pandemic with record levels of unemployment.

I’ve been keeping an eye on Australian stores and it’s totally ‘blink and you’ll miss it’.
    JB Hifi in Kotara sent me a text message this weekend from my waitlist entry in early Feb. Actually, they sent me two. The first was, "We've got a PS5 for you!" and the second was, "If you don't come pick this up we're going to offer it to someone else." I already got mine (in early Feb), so I'm letting it go to the next person.

I think stock is starting to stabilise.

26904.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

1. Download/install game
    2. Play for five minutes
    4. Delete

Aren’t those demos more like prologues that get released before the game? That is kinda cool, I wish more games did that.

the newest demo, the Gameplay Demo, is just 2 chunks from the main game, from the village and castle sections

anyway hi, I got a PS5 through PS Direct on Thursday, ordered Spider-Man Ultimate and a controller with it, and then the console showed up on Saturday. Which was really nice.
    However, Spider-Man is still sitting in Sony's warehouse in New Jersey and there's no estimate as to when FedEx will pick it up or ship it :rotate:

Is there any way to show only my installed games in my game library? I don't wanna look at all these PS+ games I have

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Is there any way to show only my installed games in my game library? I don't wanna look at all these PS+ games I have
    As of the latest update, you should be able to hide them (options button, I think?)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    There's a tab for installed games in the library.

• Options
    However, Spider-Man is still sitting in Sony's warehouse in New Jersey and there's no estimate as to when FedEx will pick it up or ship it :rotate:
    in 2021 you can buy games digitally and have them delivered to you whenever you want!
    :rotate:

(that sucks though, luckily for you Astro's Playground is the best dang PS5 exclusive game and you already have it!)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Bullshit, he's not happy. He just doesn't want to admit that the blowback was far worse than anticipated, especially after that quote of his from 2017 about games "looking ancient, who would play this?!" went viral.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Blowback must have been terrible of they've done this 180.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Give it 5 years and they'll do it again

• Options
    Why does it matter if he's really happy? PR spin bullshit is always gonna be bullshit. All that really matters is their actions, which were originally shitty, and now still shitty but less so.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Very shocked that any amount of blowback would be enough for Jim Ryan to give a shit about old platforms. Maybe he really just doesn't get it as opposed to being purely cold and callous.

• Options
    Very shocked that any amount of blowback would be enough for Jim Ryan to give a shit about old platforms. Maybe he really just doesn't get it as opposed to being purely cold and callous.

There would undoubtedly have been some people involved in the decision making who weren't in favor of removing that content and maybe the blowback gave them the ammunition to go sway company opinion.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I bet the influx of people suddenly buying a ton of stuff really factored into it, although that's a thing that's probably only going to work this once.

• Options
    PSP still going away which just means give it time, vita and ps3 will be on the chopping block one day

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Yep. They're not going to keep that stuff up forever.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    hey for those of you who have played both Spider-Mans
    Am I gonna get big spoilers or anything about the first game from Miles? Other than Miles being Spider-Man and
    Doc Ock being a bad guy
    of course. I wanna play Miles first but I don't want to ruin the first game.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    hey for those of you who have played both Spider-Mans
    Am I gonna get big spoilers or anything about the first game from Miles? Other than Miles being Spider-Man and
    Doc Ock being a bad guy
    of course. I wanna play Miles first but I don't want to ruin the first game.

Not having played Miles yet, I don't know if it comes up, but there is one character spoiler I can think of. We're not talking "Vader is your father" levels that flip the whole script or anything, but it's still a fairly heavy one.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    There are two I can think of:
    One is a "blink and you'll miss it" name drop on the main story line linking a villain to their secret identity.
    Mr. Negative
    One is in a side mission and maybe optional dialogue, but I would consider very spoilery.
    Aunt May