As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Destiny making a Destiny-style Transmog system was the expected outcome.
    It may be annoying, it may be bullshit, it may be palatable, it may be exciting and fine. All to different people.

But that fucking increase in Bright Dust cost......

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    It may be annoying, it may be bullshit, it may be palatable, it may be exciting and fine. All to different people.

Yeah, the system is bad in exactly the ways I expected it to be.

But I really didn't need yet another attempt by Bungie to kill off my bright dust supply and make me pay money.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular

The bright dust thing is total crap. If you wanted it to be a bigger sink, just going to 100 BD instead of 300 would have done the same thing without pissing everyone off.

Making it this complicated is definitely a “destiny being, baffling, destiny again”, but the real kicker is putting the hard cap on how much you can get for free.

Just make it being really, really grindy after 10. It would effectively be the same outcome they want (funneling people to MTX), but the community wouldn’t be able to crow about it as much.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    The year 1 ornament news is still bumming me out a little because that's the armor that has really been inaccessible and there's not a ton of pieces that I want from it but there are a few, including this cloak which I didn't appreciate appropriately in the moment but goddamn dude just look at that thing it's siiiiiiick

The dead orbit motif of a snake and the traveler impaled on a sword was so cool edgy goth teen I loved it

It's a shame that it was only around for that one really bad event
    I still kinda want that warlock cloak in real life.

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Yeah, transmog as implemented is bad. That's what I said before and got a bunch of disagreement. More info has come out and it somehow got worse. It is worse than similar systems in similar games from a decade ago.

Call it whatever you want. I'm picking vindication.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Oh hey, they announced how transmog wor...

s6njpsf2gabb.jpg

Oh dear.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I can't recall anyone here, or anywhere honestly, saying transmog wasn't gonna be bad in the way people are complaining about it being bad now.

I've no idea where this schtick of yours is coming from. Like the people from last page, all I can recall is that people didn't think it was a problem that it only applied to armour. And Bungie has never said it wasn't going to only apply to armour. All the mockups they've shown before yesterday showed it only applying to armour. None of the complaints I've seen around reddit and youtube and such are about it only applying to armour. Bungie didn't even see fit to clarify it wouldn't apply to weapons when they went and clarified it wouldn't apply to exotics, so it seems like that was completely off the radar.

Like, I've literally no idea what you are going on about here. If you actually wanna go through the threads from the past year or so, basically every comment about transmog is more or less on the same page."I expect it to be expensive, grindy and limited in order to drive people to eververse to pay money for it instead". And lo and behold, that's exactly what it is.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I thought for sure they were going to actually put out something more or less workable. I mean, they figured out shaders, sure it took 4 or so years, but hey, progress. This is just fucking stupid. The cap on how many pieces? That's the chef's kiss of stupid.

Ahhh fuck the worst part is I just realized that the current ornament system is probably going away when they slap this half assed crap on there. AAaaaaah goddamnit.

Tassi with the math:

'If you are limited to 10 items per class per three month season, it will take you about to 12.5 years to grind out all current armor sets for transmog (not counting any new ones that may add in a decade).

If you instead you decide to “whale out,” at $10 for every 5 pieces it will cost you around $3,000 to transmog all that armor. Less if you buy Silver bundles in bulk, I suppose'

Nosf on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Got shut down at 5 in trials because one of us lagged out. Not horrible but definitely felt the sweat early on nearly every reset.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    I thought for sure they were going to actually put out something more or less workable. I mean, they figured out shaders, sure it took 4 or so years, but hey, progress. This is just fucking stupid. The cap on how many pieces? That's the chef's kiss of stupid.

Ahhh fuck the worst part is I just realized that the current ornament system is probably going away when they slap this half assed crap on there. AAaaaaah goddamnit.

They said:
    Ornaments can still be applied if the base armor piece is from an activity that the ornament originates. As an example, if a player owns Crucible ornaments from Curse of Osiris, they may be applied to Crucible armor pieces at no cost. However, these ornaments cannot be applied to Seasonal armor.
    about the Y1 armour ornaments. So I suspect the current ornament system is actually unchanged.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Yeah, transmog as implemented is bad. That's what I said before and got a bunch of disagreement. More info has come out and it somehow got worse. It is worse than similar systems in similar games from a decade ago.

I honestly don't think you remember the conversation or how it went down.
    Got shut down at 5 in trials because one of us lagged out. Not horrible but definitely felt the sweat early on nearly every reset.

Bad timing for me to get my second shot, uggggggggh.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Ahh ok I was getting tripped up in thinking that universal ornaments were going away and being replaced by this new system with some new interface, all this system does is let you generate the new universal ornaments.

Still terrible! Not as terrible, but still terrible!

Seriously, just look at WoW or Division 2 and fucking copy it. How hard is that?

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Raynaga wrote: »

Edited because there was more posts about this than I thought a few weeks back at the start of April.

It’s still not an echo chamber, and no one was persecuting your position, they mostly just explained why it might come down to actually breaking the game due to how the models work on destiny

ronzo on
  • Options
    I would love weapon transmog. I rreally love the aesthetic of some of the near-future-modern lgendary guns you find in the EDZ and Mars (RIP), but have never been updated.

My favorite is Call to Serve. Yes, give me a bull pup AK M-14.

nkj99p42o42i.jpg

And since Bungie is a small indie studio ant wont be able to update these weapon transmog is the only way for me to get any tacitcool weaponry.

It’s not even an echo chamber, here’s someone agreeing with you.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Between this whole mess and the whole "we are taking away a bunch of content you paid for" bullshit from last year, I'm pretty sure I'm never giving any money to Bungie for anything ever again.

• Options
    I do think it's staggering how much loot is in the game, not being loot. Like the one that hurts the most out of all these is the Solstice armor glows not working, I understand there's technical limitations but people paid for that armor and have gotten burned twice now, once when they scrapped the armor and gave everyone a shit 45 roll version to placate people... And now again! It is frankly embarrassing, and I've felt this way for a while when they sunset pinnacle weapons that have paid ornaments too.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    There appears to be a bug this season where my Trials armor is glowing despite my last flawless being from three seasons ago. According to a reddit comment, going flawless again on that character will "fix" the glow so it decays after two weeks like it's supposed to.

Go flawless every two weeks to keep the glow, or never go flawless ever again to keep the glow, eh?

• Options
    It's only on titans from what I can tell, but yeah I've seen it

• Options
    Just in case anyone else is really only playing Guardian Games for the triumphs like I am, the cadence for the daily focus is apparently:

Strikes-Crucible-Strikes-Crucible-Gambit

This will repeat for the duration of the event. I realize people really dont like Gambit, but this is a little silly.

• Options
    That feels like a weird admission of gambit's lack of popularity.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    This latest TWAB was a bit of a bummer, had expected them to make transmog a chore and limited but making EV shaders super expensive came out of left field.

I wonder if they’ll bring back all the unobtainable shaders in EV now that they’ll charge 300 bright dust for each.

• Options
    I sort of don't give a shit about shaders costing since I rarely if ever buy anything. I'm sitting on 70k bright dust and dust seems easier than ever to get, and yet there's rarely anything to buy. Currently I buy the shaders as they pop, sometimes the ornament set, but rarely do I bother for all three classes. Until they make some better shaders like Glowhoo or the black/glowing green one from Taken King, I continue to use the same ones over and over, the vast majority of them simply being bought for reasons I can't even fathom, gotta collect 'em all I guess?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That is a lot of bright dust

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    There is a bunch of shaders I missed that are kinda unique in their color schemes, some even have unique effects, check out Seven Sisters that should be up for sale next week for example.

Guess keeping them unobtainable is just part of the FOMO gospel.

• Options
    That is a lot of bright dust

Also it doesn't matter how much bright dust you have since the entire system has been tuned over and over again to make everything more expensive and our bright dust income smaller every season in order to push us into paying more money for microtransactions. This is just another example. Every bright dust horde shrinks over time unless you are buying basically nothing.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I would have a fair bit more Bright Dust if I hadnt bought those stupid glows that were basically rendered useless in the span of a week.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I would have a fair bit more Bright Dust if I hadnt bought those stupid glows that were basically rendered useless in the span of a week.

They have the art assets. They have the record of people having the armor. Let us convert them to an ornament. I guess since there's no profit in it, why the fuck would they bother, right?

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Everything about these "quality of life updates" read as "we could only get this work approved if we proved its profitability". I don't know, maybe thats just the reality of video games now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    So something I haven't seen anyone bitch about re: transmog:

I assume there are probably several "destination" bounties available, but highlighting one that makes you play content that hasn't had relevant rewards in....years? is certainly a choice. Yes, please, Ada-1. I certainly want to go run some fucking blind well for transmog whosits. Certainly not, I dunno, Cosmodrome public events, for example!

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Trials matchmaking is a joke. Our match at 4 is another team's match at 6, resulting in us shutting them down at the gates of the Lighthouse.

We ended up losing two close matches at the gates of the Lighthouse ourselves. Look at these stats. The fuck is this?
    7qoBqdh.png
    dffgAD1.png

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Yeah getting shut down at 6 always stings, but even worse it's someone that has literally 20× the amount of flawless runs than I do

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    august wrote: »
    ... is there any point to the Guardian Games Strikes playlist other than feeling good hanging out with your class?

The cool thing is if they went all the way and had class vs class teams in Crucible and Gambit, but...

It generates way more laurels it seems

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Clanmates telling me they’re hitting big damage numbers in trials tonight.
    9wCxPVC_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2021
    Arteen wrote: »
    Trials matchmaking is a joke. Our match at 4 is another team's match at 6, resulting in us shutting them down at the gates of the Lighthouse.

We ended up losing two close matches at the gates of the Lighthouse ourselves. Look at these stats. The fuck is this?
    7qoBqdh.png
    dffgAD1.png

Damn, that’s the worst one I’ve seen.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Trying to split the difference between classy and gaudy with the Guardian Games chest:
    ovg0kp70ct0i.png

Some of the non-glow shaders look good - but they make it so the whip handle and the rapier hilt just float in midair, which is dumb as hell.

august on
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

7qoBqdh.png
    dffgAD1.png

Damn, that’s the worse one I’ve seen.

Don't worry, we got to 6 again and got kicked out by a different, also sweaty team, so y'know

Balance

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    One thing that drives me crazy about Warlock fashion is that if you combine a chest with a cool collar and a helmet of sufficient size you get this clipping bullshit right here:

mivm8bxni8tn.png

:?

• Options
    edited April 2021
    On hunters if you rock certain pants there's a visible gap between the waist and legs, Stompees do it and I hate it

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

7qoBqdh.png
    dffgAD1.png

Damn, that’s the worse one I’ve seen.

Well, no wonder. He's apparently the actual #1 for most Flawless runs. And #6 on the Elo leaderboards. We just can't catch a break!
    M6x23VL.png

• Options
    Lmao higher than grenander jake oof