As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Who's a fun cheap char to +10? I keep just tossing feathers at random shit as I cap it every week or two

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Who's a fun cheap char to +10? I keep just tossing feathers at random shit as I cap it every week or two

I mean, if you haven't done Aversa she's legit really good.

Otherwise I always find it helpful to +10 anything with natural armor slayer weapons. A lot of the 3*/4* fliers aren't bad either - Camilla, Cerche, Cordelia, Est, etc

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    It's been a few days since the Reginn/Fafnir dance video and I'm still confused.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

If you don't want to spend grails, I'd suggest...
    • Eliwood - Probably the best F2P unit period and one of the best cav units in the entire game. Lots of possible builds, a very solid and flexible statline. I run SS3, Galeforce, and Lull Spd/Def on mine, he's an absolute monster.
    • Morgan - I had him at +10 before his bonkers refine, he's got a ton of possible builds at this point, including some relatively unique ones that make use of his mega debuffs.
    • Cordelia - Her refine is still really solid and she can become one of the more reliable quadding units in your barracks. Flier skills have gotten really good.
    • Sothe - For my money, the most flexible F2P unit in all of FEH. With investment you can turn him into a very reliable AR-O mega-tank because he has surprisingly good mixed bulk when you get rid of his native L&D, and he's plenty fast. Or you can just steer into his premier offensive stats and use any of like ten different great inheritable daggers. Maybe give him Atk/Spd Push 4 and Desperation, or Null Followup. You'd double everything with a unit initiating at like 70+ Atk who can still actually take a hit.

• Options
    edited April 2021

Lyn? (edit: saw some people suggesting Tana too)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Oh, it was Tana... Sort of...
    https://youtu.be/o_oH6slgCWI

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I saw your previous post and thought at first it was obviously not Lyn since she already got a bridal alt. Then I looked up brides and grooms season and realized that I was a month early (they're the traditionally May seasonal).

But then I was really not sure what to make of those silhouettes because I was expecting some kind of picnic seasonal. I completely forgot that the 30th anniversary introduced young heroes as a new category of Special Heroes. (And also forgot that there have been other examples of one-shot Special Heroes runs like the pirate set.)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Baby Innes is as stacked as a banner unit. Built on slaying, wo dao, swift sparrow, and even a deadeye. Basically Marisa refine with deadeye over times pulse.

L'Arachel is a prebuilt flash cav healer... sure to make AR more fun!

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Man, screw arena in this game. I don't care if I'm dropping to tier 18, I refuse to waste any more time on this bullshit.

Legendary Chrom can go to hell

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    https://youtu.be/oliX0XD0y4g

Edit: I already hate this new Sigurd special so much... This is going to SUCK in PvP

I like the reserves as someone that constantly has to clear out my barracks because they keep releasing new damn characters and my 1100 slots isn't enough :P (I mean, there's over half that in unique characters as is)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
  • Options
    DC refines!! Good stuff, hope they're strong. +10 LIke and BK stand ready.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    https://youtu.be/ectxhZT0SfM

Totally called Dimitri

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    That is some...aggressive powercreep, lordy.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Don't worry, in a couple of years it'll already be powercrept again!
    *looks wistfully at my +7 Fallen FCorrin*

• Options
    Yeah Evil Edel looks like the strongest tank in the game. Might spark for her I guess?

The morgans don't really interest me, but that C skill is kinda cool. Wonder what its prerequisites are. Could be possible to inherit divebomb plus Menace.

• Options
    From a Pheonixmaster1 video:
    DQZDIPc.png

I'm glad our boy is getting a Ragnell refine so he can finally catch up to the state of the game!
    Ragnell
    Mt 16 Rg 1
    Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range.

If foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Def +4.
    I expect Ragnell's refine will actually be pretty strong, but man things have gotten real stacked since those days.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    At first the ragnell refine looked disappointing, but then I realized the implications of a 3 cool down Aether. Freeing up the A slot from a breath can give him a big power spike and still preserve the aether spam build.

Using the divine code mirror stance, the net effect compared to pre-refine is +4 spectrum, guard effect, +6 atk and +2 res.

ti2lnkdksibt.png

Ironically, the breath build might be better vs Fallen Edelgard to get around her special fighter.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Wow, all the Binding Blade brides (and groom)
    https://youtu.be/jNUhu1yEO0s

And also Groom Zelot for some reason..

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/lOppoZOHdwY

I approve of her attack animation

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Final Boss Club is just missing Medeus, Nergal, Anankos, and Fallen Rhea now.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Medeus is the most grievous omission to me. He's literally the first boss of Fire Emblem and the boss of two different games. It's a bit baffling he isn't there yet...

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Maybe they're saving him to be the final boss of the main story that they'll release a month before they shut down the game.

• Options
    75 orbs for a Claude, Ashera, 2 Freyja and Rhajat? Best mythic banner in years!

• Options
    Arena Assault, aka hope you've got at least 5 Fallen Edelgard counters.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Arena Assault, aka hope you've got at least 5 Fallen Edelgard counters.

I stopped trying at Arena Assault forever ago. The mode is too not-fun already :P I just run through with one character on beginner so I get teams of 1 enemy and can blow through it on auto :P

• Options
    edited June 2021
    https://youtu.be/64Iqm7i_7Pk

Looks like Tatiana is also here somehow, maybe as a rando free hero so they can push their mythic in her slot or something...

Also Ferdinand GHB... I'm legit trying to think if we are missing anyone else from Echoes other than Nomah... (I suppose Est if she even counts....)

Edit: oh wait, there's actually a few... Dean, Kamui (I totally forgot he isn't in here yet), Jesse, Atlas, and Mycen... (and Nomah and Est as I said :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/64Iqm7i_7Pk

Looks like Tatiana is also here somehow, maybe as a rando free hero so they can push their mythic in her slot or something...

Probably a quest reward like Emmeryn and Knoll.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Sothe refine better be good!

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Sothe refine better be good!

Update - it is! Frees up my C slot, since I was already running Pulse Smoke on mine in AR. Pretty nifty.

• Options
    Whew, stayed in vault of heaven this week. Almost never do that from Astra going into Light. I had to make my last battle go perfectly, and I somehow beat a double kia staff/winter Bernie setup with my NCD Bike and Micaiah. Took very careful positioning for turn 1!

Sothe refine is interesting. I had him +10 +ark with a slaying dagger special spiral aoe build, and his refine can replicate that.. as long as you stay above 25%.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Wow, this banner decided to be nice to me. 3/4 heroes pulled before hitting 40 pulls, so I could just pick the last one as my free summon. I think this is the first time I haven't been completely fucked over by a dual-color and not pulling either of that color before the spark at 40.

Sure Zeke is -ATK but whatever, I have him at least..

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    15 pulls has netted a Luthier and three Zekes so far.

E: +ATK Palla on pull 37 followed by a upranked distant counterOG Hector, and then a random Ylgr on 40 before free Nott. Good banner.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Can't wait to start seeing this hell!
    h2qsivqvctz2.png

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Lol thanks for the idea. I pulled 1 Nott and sparked another, but my 2 dancer defense seemed to not have enough threats. I hadn't thought of putting Dagr on defense just to abuse triple pathfinder!

Now I have no dancers, just three beefy sisters and 4 Cavs of Doom. No Sigurd yet, but I can make do. Gotta include lance breaker Cecelia to say hi to Bector, Eir, and Peony too.

If anyone wants to fight it, friend code is 4393567431

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Funny thing, just today I got pitted against a near carbon-copy of that layout, and of course got shredded since I don't pay and don't really put effort into making a good team. Then the very next attempt was against a bunch of unarmed dragons and goddesses.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    I'm honestly amazed I haven't seen it yet, but yeah, Aether Raids are not fun. Nor is Arena, or Arena Assault :/ I really wish IS would address this beyond "Hey, you can have the computer play three times so you don't have to do it because we know it sucks" -_-

(there are also way too many damn modes in this game now. It gets overwhelming... Honestly at this point I play them SUPER half-heartedly aside from maybe Tempest Trials)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Can't wait to start seeing this hell!
    h2qsivqvctz2.png

What's that?

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm honestly amazed I haven't seen it yet, but yeah, Aether Raids are not fun. Nor is Arena, or Arena Assault :/ I really wish IS would address this beyond "Hey, you can have the computer play three times so you don't have to do it because we know it sucks" -_-

(there are also way too many damn modes in this game now. It gets overwhelming... Honestly at this point I play them SUPER half-heartedly aside from maybe Tempest Trials)

Yeah, if I'm being honest a lot of this game is just sunk cost at this point for me. None of the modes are terribly compelling. The only thing I find all that fun these days is building new units, which often means the thing I look forward to most are new refines - so if a batch of refines suck or are irrelevant to me, that means I've got no interesting prospects for at least a few more months.

Wonder if they could do like a stripped down version of an actual FE campaign, with specific characters, set skill options for them, and super slow progression. I'd take just about anything, really.