As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2010年防衛大学校棒倒し[chat]

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i've never been too impressed by Boston but no one's asking me to live there anyway

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    What is there to do in Pierre, South Dakota

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Speaking of, gf really wants to go to California at some point and I told her that my condition for such a trip is that we must plan sufficiently ahead of time that we could get a table at the French Laundry

Then we looked at the prices and I argued that $350 a head is, in fact, a democratization of fine dining for the everyman because it isn't a club where you can only get in with a $15k yearly membership

The problem with this plan is that you'd have to go to Sacramento

and like

ew

oh wait, it's near Napa?

I'm gonna be there in a little over a month.

Is this somewhere I should try to go?

There’s no way you get a table at the French Laundry only a month out

Like, before COVID the wait was two months minimum. I imagine that’s only gone up.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Disney fans being mad at ScarJo for suing Disney are such bizarre people.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    which state capital is the best city

austin, probably, with denver as silver medalist

Ay Tee Eeeelllllll

/plays outkast song

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    there's a local pork broth noodle dish and there's a Japanese tonkotsu and typically the latter costs 3x-10x the former at least

these things can be very arbitrary. nachos, paella, etc. are expensive here. partly it's that beef and cheese is just expensive, but it's also effective price discrimination

despite the big mac index, it's been observed before that mcd's sits at different points in the upmarket/downmarket scale in different countries, and generally applies itself accordingly. the burger itself doesn't change but the accoutrements do

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

keep going

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    You know what pisses me off the most. That its not logistics or supply that is the problem or anything like that. The vaccination roll out actually went ok.

The problem is politics and misinformation. Full stop. It's freaking ridiculous that we have the means to beat this thing logistically. But we're too busy fucking about to actually do it.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I don't think Boston even likes Boston

you're kinda relentlessly shitty about boston. it's where I live and I like it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Smoke meth and blow shit up?

• Options

But, and now think on this, wouldn't Boston be better with fewer people from Boston there?

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    You know what pisses me off the most. That its not logistics or supply that is the problem or anything like that. The vaccination roll out actually went ok.

The problem is politics and misinformation. Full stop. It's freaking ridiculous that we have the means to beat this thing logistically. But we're too busy fucking about to actually do it.

the graph plotting voting record against vaccination rate is so disappointing

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Speaking of, gf really wants to go to California at some point and I told her that my condition for such a trip is that we must plan sufficiently ahead of time that we could get a table at the French Laundry

Then we looked at the prices and I argued that $350 a head is, in fact, a democratization of fine dining for the everyman because it isn't a club where you can only get in with a $15k yearly membership

The problem with this plan is that you'd have to go to Sacramento

and like

ew

oh wait, it's near Napa?

I'm gonna be there in a little over a month.

Is this somewhere I should try to go?

There’s no way you get a table at the French Laundry only a month out

Like, before COVID the wait was two months minimum. I imagine that’s only gone up.

I haven't dug too deep into their reservation system, but it seems like only august is available to reserve so unless the wait list gives first dibs on reservations when september opens up, seems like I might still have a chance.

• Options
    Boston seemed fine. Seemed like any other big city. It was interesting to see a Gamestop in a building whose orginal construction was ancient. And it was cool seeing monuments to union soldiers. Never seen that before.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

absolutely disgusting
    china has gone too far

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Boston seems like a bigger Pittsburgh

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2021
    I’ve liked Boston every time I’ve visited. It’s got a major international airport on the coast so it’s easy to get places. It’s got top tier schools which leads to good diversity and a serious culture with museums and artistic gravitas. It’s day trip distance from several other major American cities. It’s liberal and queer friendly. It’s got skyscrapers but also tree laden mixed development areas with a Brooklyn’y feel.

About the only thing I don’t like is that transit shuts down fairly early and also the alleged racially unsavory element (which I’m not really qualified to evaluate)

It’s a good city bront

Organichu on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

It's the best bit of the US I've visited

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I can't comment all too much on Boston exactly, but I fucking love Cambridge (which is sometimes what we mean by Boston anyway) and am sad I don't seem to plan on moving back there

I think I'll probably visit it routinely forever though

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    there's some confusion in singapore that france, germany, etc. have been more willing to render vaccinations mandatory than a country not normally known for its gracious regard for individual liberty

even... china has been recoiling from it?

it's a weird world

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »

the graph plotting voting record against vaccination rate is so disappointing
    Honestly, it looks like we'll get to 60% with adults and probably add another 10% of the population when we can vaccinate 2-12 year olds for a 70% vaccination rate, and that's honestly better than I thought we were going to get.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    All that food talk earlier I had to run to the store to get stuff for dinner. Doing Taco Salads tonight.

Two nights ago I made some lemon pepper chicken, with Tabasco blue cheese dressing, oven roasted carrots with garlic, and sautéed squash and zucchini with a bbq dry rub I use sometimes.

ttdw8stry2bb.jpg

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Boston's financial district is where most PAX people ended up and it's not a thrilling place. It's basically closed outside business hours and features very tall buildings with virtually nothing on the street level. But going a little farther in, the common is nice, the theater district is nice. Back bay and newbury street are nice. The charles riverfront is lovely for walking, biking, and kayaking. The north end has all the italian american fare you can stuff in your gullet. Fenway is... fenway. South Boston was actually developing into a kind of trendy area with nice brew pubs and restauraunts and I hope that survived covid. Haven't been there to check.

The adjacent towns: cambridge, somerville, and brookline that would be considered boroughs in more unified city all have stuff to offer too.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited July 2021

Everyone’s relentlessly shitty about someone’s hometown here in chat.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    hmm I went out drinking last night and am still semi-hungover

there's a work happy hour today at a venue I am curious about, and my colleague has made the point that it'll probably be pretty interesting (from a voyeur's perspective) to see how people talk about the end of our govt contract (ends this week)

probably that's a bad call and I should just chill and eat healthy at home today though

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    anyone know what happens if you mix pasta with antipasto

Taste explosion

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    has anybody ever said anything mean about philadelphia

eh probably not

• Options
    Boston's financial district is where most PAX people ended up and it's not a thrilling place. It's basically closed outside business hours and features very tall buildings with virtually nothing on the street level. But going a little farther in, the common is nice, the theater district is nice. Back bay and newbury street are nice. The charles riverfront is lovely for walking, biking, and kayaking. The north end has all the italian american fare you can stuff in your gullet. Fenway is... fenway. South Boston was actually developing into a kind of trendy area with nice brew pubs and restauraunts and I hope that survived covid. Haven't been there to check.

The adjacent towns: cambridge, somerville, and brookline that would be considered boroughs in more unified city all have stuff to offer too.
    the last time i was there they seemed to have a super mutant problem

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021

It's my favorite feature of chat.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    i don't have anything bad to say about Boston other than it's not as easy to get around as other places and every single cab i took tried the "oh the machine is down" bullshit both times i've done more than just pass through Logan

just on the other end nothing about it really stood out to me as appreciably better than any other large city

it's fine, it just didn't really wow me where i feel like i want to keep going back

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Boston is literally one of the nicest places on this planet. There's absolutely a reason why Boston and its surrounding municipalities are comically expensive to live in, and it's because its nice as fuck here.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Disney fans being mad at ScarJo for suing Disney are such bizarre people.

I didn't know she had, and now that I've read the news about it, I'm hoping she takes them to the cleaners.

That's, like, record industry levels of doing an end run around talent to starve them out of royalties.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    has anybody ever said anything mean about philadelphia

eh probably not

hitchbot.jpg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Boston is literally one of the nicest places on this planet. There's absolutely a reason why Boston and its surrounding municipalities are comically expensive to live in, and it's because its nice as fuck here.

Yeah but it’s nice as fuck lots of places.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t like it or it isn’t nice, mind

Having been to Boston several times I thought it was cool to visit but I absolutely could not wait to leave.

East coast traffic alone gives me anxiety. Boston takes DC traffic and kind of makes it worse somehow

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

keep going

You can’t it’s a dead-end road

You have to turn around and go back the way you came

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    The Ascent was pretty fun so far.

Strong Crusader: No Remorse vibes.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I haven't had them in years, but I used to love chili's nachos when I was a yout

009df71231bbf6942ecd2b9bd52ef5ab.jpg

look at this! each chip is a full nacho experience!

I think I’ve had these like once or twice in my entire life and I still think about them.

• Options

If anybody here is from Fayetteville North Carolina I am sorry

sorry that you live there

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    The Ascent was pretty fun so far.

Strong Crusader: No Remorse vibes.

Ahh, that's one that I missed from back in the day. I remember having modern PC games just in the supermarket; I remember seeing a copy of system shock 2 in the checkout line at Meijer.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.