Options

Geth Hates Me, [chat]

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    GladDOS
    In terms of game design, the original X-Com had some fucked up things that were drastically improved by the remake

BUT

Having an alien throw an alien grenade into my skyranger first turn and kill my entire team is one of the most memorable things to ever happen to me in a game.

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    How to get an agree from Eddy: engage in lengthy, speculative prose about how a human experience is terrible but also beautiful, and end with a low insult, crass sexual comment, or self-deprecation

How to get an agree from Donkey Kong: compose a conspiratorial, pseudoscientific statement that is aggressively wrong, ideally mixing multiple pseudosciences or conspiracies

How to get an agree from skippydumptruck: share good news or good recipes

At present there is no known formula for getting an awesome from these users, perhaps because they find the word offensive to their constitutions

only way is to get them drunk and hope their fingers slip

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Megabyte
    Dewey there's a huge difference between grocery delivery, and wal mart grocery delivery.

Although the wal mart here realized it's the future and now they just have two actual check out lanes open, four self check out lanes, and eight self check out kiosks, and everyone else that works in the store is pretty much pulling pickup orders.

The best luck we had was with Kroger. Publix is good too but fuck Publix is for rich people.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    How to get an agree from Eddy: engage in lengthy, speculative prose about how a human experience is terrible but also beautiful, and end with a low insult, crass sexual comment, or self-deprecation

How to get an agree from Donkey Kong: compose a conspiratorial, pseudoscientific statement that is aggressively wrong, ideally mixing multiple pseudosciences or conspiracies

At present there is no known formula for getting an awesome from these users, perhaps because they find the word offensive to their constitutions

skippy started a sexy trend years ago and the people are clamoring for more

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    And to think, I never would have gotten this chance if not for coming out as queer (Eddy loathes straights)

it's just you, he was very nice to me and fed me CBD oil from a dropper like a baby bird

There is another interpretation of these events, jake

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I think fortnite might be good, actually?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

the heart icon presumes i am capable of love

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    In terms of game design, the original X-Com had some fucked up things that were drastically improved by the remake

BUT

Having an alien throw an alien grenade into my skyranger first turn and kill my entire team is one of the most memorable things to ever happen to me in a game.

How else were you going to learn an important lesson about alien grenades

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Outer Wilds is chill despite the timer. It may be one of the most chill games ever.

Everyone play it or I will cast you into the fires
    It is extremely chill assuming you don't have any of the particular phobias it can trigger:
    deep water, agoraphobia, timer anxiety, existential dread regarding cosmic events, etc.

Day9 friggin' loved it and then stopped playing it on a dime.

This is what happened to me. There's the water planet which got me on my thalassophobia, and also another planet that mega-triggered my thalassophobia even worse despite not having any water (y'all who played the game know which one).

So I'll just never finish it, which sucks.

have you heard about the use of beta blockers to treat phobias?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/12/151209091222.htm

although hmm that might be a bit harder to treat than spiders...

to follow up I heard an interview with a woman who screamed in terror upon seeing a spider in a cage, they gave her beta blockers and exposed her again and she was essentially cured

she remarked a spider fell on her in her car and that would have caused her to crash before. instead she was merely grossed out

holy shit

can do this for, like, my 'fear' of doing my work right now instead of putting it off?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    If someone starts agreeing my posts and responding I agree their posts because I assume that's the entry level manipulation tactic.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Dewey there's a huge difference between grocery delivery, and wal mart grocery delivery.

Although the wal mart here realized it's the future and now they just have two actual check out lanes open, four self check out lanes, and eight self check out kiosks, and everyone else that works in the store is pretty much pulling pickup orders.

The best luck we had was with Kroger. Publix is good too but fuck Publix is for rich people.

half the time shit is cheaper than walmart if your buying the name brand stuff
    and also stick the stuff on sale
    ITS NOT FOR RICH PEOPLE GOD DAMMIT
    ITS FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT RAW CHICKENS BLEEDING ALL OVER THE BREAD AISLE OR DOG FECES NEXT TO THE DORITOS
    ITS FOR CLEAN CIVILIZED PEOPLE

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    edited August 2021

BUT

People have been talking about XCom / TFTD so this weekend I had a little downtime and fired up TFTD.

First turn - first UFO - first guy goes to walk out of the Triton. Door opens and a Aquatoid standing a few feet away downs my first three guys before I can take a shot at him. One of the rookies panics and autofires into the backs of two other rookies.

**chefs kiss**

zagdrob on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    a roux isnt that bad if you dont get distracted and start doing something else. you kind of have to hover over it
    cause if you burn your roux you've ruined your whole night

I subscribe to the Isaac Toups method of super hot and insanely fast roux making.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

BUT

Having just played the original and TFTD and original with mods, there is actually a lot that the original does better. But mostly that is because it's actually a different game? New XCOM is a statistical puzzle game, where you have a few moving pieces and your goal is to find the way to get the most likely optimal outcome from them. Older XCOM is more like an actual wargame, in that you have a lot of units and your goal is to have more than your opponent, and some of them will die and you need to factor that in. Since you can't see the enemies (most of the game is moving out until you see one), you don't really have a puzzle to work with, but an unknown to approach with military tactics.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    If Publix didn't exist I guess I would have to live off fast food because fuck Walmart is a nightmare every time I go there.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »
    a roux isnt that bad if you dont get distracted and start doing something else. you kind of have to hover over it
    cause if you burn your roux you've ruined your whole night

I subscribe to the Isaac Toups method of super hot and insanely fast roux making.

I watched him on Babish
    he's a brave man

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Megabyte

ITS FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT RAW CHICKENS BLEEDING ALL OVER THE BREAD AISLE OR DOG FECES NEXT TO THE DORITOS

Dewey I love you but I'm a Kroger boi

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »

BUT

People have been talking about XCom / TFTD so this weekend I had a little downtime and fired up TFTD.

First turn - first UFO - first guy goes to walk out of the Triton. Door opens and a Aquatoid standing a few feet away downs my first three guys before I can take a shot at him. One of the rookies panics and autofires into the backs of two other rookies.

**chefs kiss**

in TFTD remember the chumps prayer: click end turn before opening the door of the sub. unlike original xcom they can't just toss in a grenade in the back.

the reason being that on that first turn the aliens all are stationary with all their time units ready for overwatch fire. if you just skip your first turn a lot of the aliens will spend their time units walking around and you have better odds of not getting gunned down as you walk out the door.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    If someone starts agreeing my posts and responding I agree their posts because I assume that's the entry level manipulation tactic.

coooooould be

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I'm waiting on a phone call from the healthcare provider that will ostensibly be taking me on as a patient for gender stuff. This is like their initial patient screening call or something? Hopefully they don't think I'm not trans enough ololol

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Dewey I love you but I'm a Kroger boi

kroger stops in auburn
    it doesnt exist over here
    edit: we half an aldi's nearby but it's in eastchase and all my frozen stuff would thaw out before I got out of that traffic hellhole.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    also the OpenXCom project works with TFTD as well as the first game.

https://openxcom.org/

You need to own the original game(s) and copy over the art assets but it replaces the engine and to fix bugs and make it run better on a modern machine. Also lets you zoom out more in battles which is very helpful.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    i have stopped shopping at kroger specifically because of how poorly they've treated my beautiful baby boy chu

• Options
    i know all retail sucks but they made this personal

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    Target does fantastic delivery through Shipt

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    zagdrob wrote: »

BUT

**chefs kiss**

I will say that my two biggest pieces of advice for anyone playing old XCOM are:

1) enemies start their turn with full time units, so if you stand still where no one can see you for a turn, you won't have to deal with quite as insane reaction fire
    2) SMOKE GRENADES ARE FRIEND, LOVE SMOKE GRENADES

In TFTD the dye grenades suck but openxcom fixes that, so use openxcom and use dye grenades (they're almost surely bugged in the original). But basically they reduce line of sight tremendously, so you throw one out first turn and then your troops advance in the smoke, which means that instead of a trillion enemies seeing you, only like three do, and you can deal with that, and you don't get murdered by random aliens seeing you in great numbers for the first few turns.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    And to think, I never would have gotten this chance if not for coming out as queer (Eddy loathes straights)

it's just you, he was very nice to me and fed me CBD oil from a dropper like a baby bird

that was thc and cbd, baby!

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    You can even buy clothes

I Shipt my pants last week

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Joe Rogan became so open minded that his brain fell out.

• Options
    amy that was chef kiss quality

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    I have no fears

• Options
    edited August 2021
    My other recommendation is to find the guy who always gets mind controlled an put him in the middle of the skyranger with a blaster launcher, because it's hilarious.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    i want to shop at kroger a single time just to try that cubano frozen pizza.
    thats it
    just that one item and im done.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I have no fears

what about fear itself?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I think it's neat how supplements are 100% a scam and we just all think that's fine

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    weight gain is a side affect of beta blockers

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    Ive worked for Kroger before but I’ve never seen an actual Kroger store

Anyway I have no opinions

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

ur a butt

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    You can even buy clothes

I Shipt my pants last week

i shipt two pairs of jeans!

and they both fit!

it's a miracle service based on that alone

This discussion has been closed.