Options

Geth Hates Me, [chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I admit that I am an anomaly; I love timers, and time progressing outside your view in games.

I also think all board games and war games should default to being timed and have rules for clocking games, to destroy analysis paralysis. This is at least partially because I lack the focus to plan effectively with long turns and perform better when making intuitive leaps under pressure.

Whereas Majora’s Mask is still one of the few Zeldas I haven’t played. Timers, and timer adjacent things repel me. They give me so much anxiety. Just let me be chill.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Oh no.

We don’t have parking at our building so I was unloading stuff before driving away to park. I put stuff in the basement so I don’t come home for 1 minute and then leave again.

Just as I’m about to get in the car and leave I look up at our window and our dog is looking me right in the eyes. Then I drive off. He’ll never forgive me for this.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    the obvious choice to host jeopardy is, of course, joe rogan

I died laughing at the mental image of this, thank you

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm this article seems up your alley.

Where America’s developed areas are
    growing: ‘Way off into the horizon’

Also will make you sad as you see the major growth of suburbs.

Also people need to stop moving Arizona.

Just stop.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Gf decided that her 1000 pc puzzle was too easy, so next time she won't look at the picture as a reference to make it hard mode

Truly the love of my life

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    I’ll host Jeopardy you’re all welcome

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Waiting in the tall grass for Bialik when she's actively using her platform to support covid vaccination is just like

*gestures* look at all this other shit going on

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm this article seems up your alley.

Just stop.

7m5qjci46zu5.png

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    GladDOS
    Gf decided that her 1000 pc puzzle was too easy, so next time she won't look at the picture as a reference to make it hard mode

My friend's dad loves puzzles.

The craziest one I've seen him do was a picture of a pile of screws, so all the pieces looked the same.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    "Shazkar Shadowstorm" this article seems up your alley.

Just stop.

7m5qjci46zu5.png

Thanks to global warming 111 is a cool day in Phoenix now. I think they hit 121 this year.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    GladDOS
    Fun fact: if you swap the r and z in Arizona then it becomes Azirona 🤣🤣🤣

Neco on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

they'd have to change the rules a little. instead of giving the correct question for a given answer, you'd win by buzzing in first and saying the wildest shit you could come up with and joe decides if you were right or not

contestants would be selected traditionally however

viewers would have to adjust but I think they would find it equally if not more entertaining

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

they'd have to change the rules a little. instead of giving the correct question for a given answer, you'd win by buzzing in first and saying the wildest shit you could come up with and joe decides if you were right or not

viewers would have to adjust but I think they would find it equally if not more entertaining

final jeopardy is decided either by an elk meat eating context or a spinning backkick competition, or both

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    credeiki wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Isn’t Mayim Bialik an anti-vaxxer?

Wikipedia says that she has made antivaxx statements 10 years ago but has gotten vaccinated for covid and has also vaccinated her kids

So hopefully just a phase she is done with now

Nah she still pushes pseudoscience and says there are “too many vaccines”

Noooo ;_;
    But also I am intensely skeptical of a person raised reform who chose to become orthodox so
    I kind of instinctively do not like her please do not cancel me

Every once in awhile I catch out of the corner of my metaphorical eye a white westerner who converts to Islam and I'm like, huh, that's intriguing

G Willow Wilson is so interesting and self-aware about it—and in the novel she wrote (I haven’t read her comics) there’s actually this super unflattering portrayal of a white American lady who is a convert

That’s all a bit a mystery to me but what bialik has chosen—being born into socially liberal modern Judaism and then choosing to adopt the traditions and practices of misogynist fundie Judaism is…very questionable tbh. Like I can sort of imagine someone doing it because they want more ritual practice in their lives and because the community can be tighter knit, but yikes

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Megabyte
    Blossom was a weird sitcom.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    well my coworkers just treated me to the full course of the Brachs Thanksgiving dinner candy corns

it was a thing

just like real Thanksgiving dinner, the turkey was the only bad part

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I admit that I am an anomaly; I love timers, and time progressing outside your view in games.

I also think all board games and war games should default to being timed and have rules for clocking games, to destroy analysis paralysis. This is at least partially because I lack the focus to plan effectively with long turns and perform better when making intuitive leaps under pressure.

I find timers liberating from my semi-completionist tendencies, which usually extend past the point of fun and into compulsive territory.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

My store sells puzzles where the cover image is deliberately different than the actual puzzle. They also sell puzzles that end up turning into escape rooms, where you have to find clues in the assembled picture to put together something else.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »

If you swap the ne and co in neco you get Cone.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Megabyte
    Annoying co-worker is trying to explain Letterkenny to shitty manager on teams and I wish I could turn off teams but I have to keep it going for work.

This conversation tho.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021

aAegzr2_460s.jpg

Winky on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Outer Wilds is chill despite the timer. It may be one of the most chill games ever.

Everyone play it or I will cast you into the fires

• Options
    dammit I just want to post a meme without it being huge or watermarked

google has failed me

• Options

Wikipedia says that she has made antivaxx statements 10 years ago but has gotten vaccinated for covid and has also vaccinated her kids

Noooo ;_;
    But also I am intensely skeptical of a person raised reform who chose to become orthodox so

Every once in awhile I catch out of the corner of my metaphorical eye a white westerner who converts to Islam and I'm like, huh, that's intriguing

G Willow Wilson is so interesting and self-aware about it—and in the novel she wrote (I haven’t read her comics) there’s actually this super unflattering portrayal of a white American lady who is a convert

That’s all a bit a mystery to me but what bialik has chosen—being born into socially liberal modern Judaism and then choosing to adopt the traditions and practices of misogynist fundie Judaism is…very questionable tbh. Like I can sort of imagine someone doing it because they want more ritual practice in their lives and because the community can be tighter knit, but yikes

feeling very seen

relatedly, I was just thinking of our discussions last night while I was on the rower (which is a great place to let your mind wander while you abuse yourself) about tattoos in that throughline in The Galaxy and the Ground Within. Still considering potential tattoo ideas and struggling with the idea of "heritage" ink, i.e. I don't want ink that I don't really have any claim to the history to.

Like, the western European canon for those that I'm familiar with is...nautical themed? I wonder if there's more.

• Options
    GladDOS
    Neco wrote: »

If you swap the ne and co in neco you get Cone.

🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    I like how it is immediately clear how many times this joke has been stolen by seeing all the different sites its been screenshotted from

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Winky wrote: »
    I like how it is immediately clear how many times this joke has been stolen by seeing all the different sites its been screenshotted from

Also seems kinda racist/colonialist tbh

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options

I can post jokes about steppes people because I'm a tatar

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tbf there are too many vaccines. They should all be combined into one giant Omnivax administered daily before breakfast.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Outer Wilds is chill despite the timer. It may be one of the most chill games ever.

Everyone play it or I will cast you into the fires
    It is extremely chill assuming you don't have any of the particular phobias it can trigger:
    deep water, agoraphobia, timer anxiety, existential dread regarding cosmic events, etc.

Day9 friggin' loved it and then stopped playing it on a dime.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have reached the episode of Dungeons & Daddies where the deck of many things plays a large part and it is very funny.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Could've easily been "caveman" instead of "barbarian Khan from the steppes" and would have lost nothing.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Joe: This hormone is responsible regulating sleep cycles and gets its name from the greek word for "black" or "dark".

*chime*

Joe: weird looking guy with small arms

Kevin: *insecurely looks down at his arms*

*brrr brrr brrr*

Joe: Out of time anyone else?

*chime*

Joe: vegan chick with surprisingly nice cans

Beth: I'm not-... eh What is melatonin?

Joe: Hmm no sorry that doesn't sound right

*chime*

Joe: black marine, you have three seconds

David: What is that new classified secret drug the air force made to replace provigil but it like, also makes you go crazy and shit but they still use it anyway?

Joe: No fuckin way dude for real?

David: Hell yeah I heard about it! It like, makes your amygdala grow huge - thats the part of the brain that handles emotions - and then it stores all dreams you aren't having until it explodes.

Joe: holy shit

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bogart. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

Noooo ;_;

feeling very seen

relatedly, I was just thinking of our discussions last night while I was on the rower (which is a great place to let your mind wander while you abuse yourself) about tattoos in that throughline in The Galaxy and the Ground Within. Still considering potential tattoo ideas and struggling with the idea of "heritage" ink, i.e. I don't want ink that I don't really have any claim to the history to.

Like, the western European canon for those that I'm familiar with is...nautical themed? I wonder if there's more.

Tattooing has been around in pretty much every culture forever. Modern western tattoos stem out of maritime traditions and thus colonialism...so if you're talking about what is considered cultural appropriation it's a lot more complicated.
    The first proven tattoos in history date back around 5,000 years to the marks on Otzi the Iceman, a mummy found in the Alps straddling Austria and Italy. But in Europe, it became the early Britons who made the art famous: when the Romans invaded in 55 BC, they found the natives to be resplendent in body art. As Caesar wrote in his account of the Gallic Wars, “All the Britons dye themselves with woad, which produces a blue colour, and makes their appearance in battle more terrible.” Such was the effect of their appearance that they became known throughout Europe as the Pretani, a Celtic word meaning the ‘painted’ or the ‘tattooed’ ones. From that, the name Britain was eventually derived.

Just get something that is identifiably/justifiably personal and you're probably okay.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i have more a problem with continuing to treat Joe Rogan as an amusing and harmless idiot instead of one of the people most responsible for spreading the falsehoods and nonsense that are tearing our society apart

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

Could've easily been "caveman" instead of "barbarian Khan from the steppes" and would have lost nothing.

It doesn't convey the sense that he's an incredibly powerful man with vast hordes of followers but not much in the way of traditional education.

I dunno, I feel like making fun of khanates is okay? I mean, they were pretty much colonizers themselves.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I have reached the episode of Dungeons & Daddies where the deck of many things plays a large part and it is very funny.

I'm a big fan of any fantasy campaign that introduces "a gun" and it does nothing to solve the parties problems.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Joe: This hormone is responsible regulating sleep cycles and gets its name from the greek word for "black" or "dark".

*chime*

Joe: weird looking guy with small arms

Kevin: *insecurely looks down at his arms*

*brrr brrr brrr*

Joe: Out of time anyone else?

*chime*

Joe: vegan chick with surprisingly nice cans

Beth: I'm not-... eh What is melatonin?

Joe: Hmm no sorry that doesn't sound right

*chime*

Joe: black marine, you have three seconds

David: What is that new classified secret drug the air force made to replace provigil but it like, also makes you go crazy and shit but they still use it anyway?

Joe: No fuckin way dude for real?

David: Hell yeah I heard about it! It like, makes your amygdala grow huge - thats the part of the brain that handles emotions - and then it stores all dreams you aren't having until it explodes.

Joe: holy shit

I would 100% watch this show, as long as David is always on and is an increasingly out-there conspiracy theorist and also is very hot.

This discussion has been closed.