As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

19495969798100»

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Welp, there was a deal, and uh

I now own Skyward HD, Yoshi's Crafted World and DK Tropical Freeze

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Tropical Freeze is transcendent 2D platforming.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    And it can get extremely goofy when you play it with a partner.

• Options
    el_vicio wrote: »

Tropical Freeze is transcendent 2D platforming.

That's what I hear! I only played a little bit of the first one (DKC returns?) and found it lacking - mostly because the jump was mapped to wiimote waggle, which is the exact opposite of what you want in an oldschool precision platformer. That and the enemies were not as cool as the Kremlins, but what are ya gonna do

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Honestly I hated the platforming in the DK games. It was way too floaty for me.

• Options
    the modern ones or all of them? Because DKC2 is one of my all-time favorite platformers

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I don't remember much about the older ones. But the new ones took me a while to get used to the jumps. I couldn't get into them, personally. They are loved by a lot though so I may be in the minority.

urahonky on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Speaking of..."deals", Target and Amazon are offloading Balan Wonderworld for $20.

So...... yep.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I definitely get drops from tiers lower on hard. I am almost certain that works.
    You can only get one pin per enemy per fight. If you don't roll high enough to get the drop for your current difficulty, you make a roll for the next lowest, and so on until you get a hit. So you still need to fight a boss at least four times to complete the log.

Considering I basically hover around level 1 at all times that effectively plots back to the issue I have with the drop system. Hard drop rates are always at 100%, so I never see Normal/Easy drops unless I drop the difficulty. (or I raise my level, but raising my level to farm hard enemies for normal drops is... well it's a decision)

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    I didn't like all the chase sequences/auto scroll levels in Tropical Freeze, but there's a lot of them.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm taking this thread to the moon.

TO THE MOON!

also, play To the Moon the game. It's very good and will make you cry.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Well, I’m almost ready to play NEO TWEWY.

I finally finished Ye Olde TWEWY, including A New Day which was totally new for me, and did a bunch of additional stuff, like beating the new bosses and getting their drops on every difficulty.

I’m gonna take a few more days to finish the secret reports, get every drop on the noise report (I’m close, actually), and maaaaybe master all the pins. I’m 54%ish done with that. It won’t be that bad since some endgame bosses give lots of Battle PP and you can abuse the system clock for Shutdown PP without even exiting the game.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar