Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    y6k7vphpfi3q.jpg
    Fixed Library being unresponsive after startup on machines with thousands of installed games

Jesus Christ.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I feel attacked

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Installed.

Thousands of installed games.

What the fuck.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I got curious if someone had incorporated Bowsette into a mod or a fan game and found an asset flip on steam that is not ...I'm certain we've sent Pixie something of a higher class than this.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Just started Death stranding.

Hey I enjoy watching 20 minute mini movies back to back and all but I really just want to run around falling off mountains.

Kojima is the worst.

I dunno, I think there are indie games out there that give him a run for his money. I've put about 6 or 7 hours into Eastward, and I feel like I've played maybe 45 minutes. The rest was spent reading dialog. Indie game characters really don't know when to shut the fuck up. At least with Kojima, I get some cool visuals to take in.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I love Kojima. If I ever got a massive powerball win or it was discovered that I was actually the unknown bastard heir to some major corporation and I became one of those people who turned rich overnight I would be incredibly tempted to give him a hundred and fifty million dollars, an office building with blacked out windows, a legally binding NDA that is mandatory for anyone entering the building (even the pizza guy), the stipulation that the game cannot be advertised or promoted until the day before it launches, and a five year deadline.

Just to see what kind of completely batshit crazy game we would get on the other side.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I love Kojima. If I ever got a massive powerball win or it was discovered that I was actually the unknown bastard heir to some major corporation and I became one of those people who turned rich overnight I would be incredibly tempted to give him a hundred and fifty million dollars, an office building with blacked out windows, a legally binding NDA that is mandatory for anyone entering the building (even the pizza guy), the stipulation that the game cannot be advertised or promoted until the day before it launches, and a five year deadline.

Just to see what kind of completely batshit crazy game we would get on the other side.

I'd make him finish Silent Hills under another another title.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

I'd make him finish Silent Hills under another another title.

Hilent Sills.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Installed.

What the fuck.

I know, right? Who actually installs any of the games they buy? That's a whole new level of madness.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Installed.

What the fuck.

I know, right? Who actually installs any of the games they buy? That's a whole new level of madness.

To be fair, it doesn't say anything about the games being played

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I try to only install games when I'm ready to play them.

kfm5tf4o6vcb.png

This has mixed results, mind you...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    y6k7vphpfi3q.jpg
    Fixed Library being unresponsive after startup on machines with thousands of installed games

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, that's insane. I only have 260 games installed. I can't imagine having the space to have 1000s.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I don't even *have* multiple thousands of games (e: haven't cracked the 1,500 yet!)

but hey, not every game is triple A and needs 30-90GB, so I can see being able to install that many without, you know, having like a goddamn rack of drives for them

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I can absolutely see fitting thousands of 20-200MB indie games on a single hard drive. We'd still wrap around to "why", but the logistics are fully sound.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I can absolutely see fitting thousands of 20-200MB indie games on a single hard drive. We'd still wrap around to "why", but the logistics are fully sound.

Rockband definitely ran into the limits of the XboxOnes UI if you kept buying the DLC. Boot times of 20 minutes I remember from Alex Navarro. Though they fixed it for the newXbox.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

I think it's like...It might give you more sense of a library, because it's available and doesn't have to dl first?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    mri6a68crkp4.png

@HiT BiT sent my succubus some skimpy armors. Thanks, she loves it!

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    That's wonderfully thoughtful of them to add that DLC.

Because honestly, sometimes as a demon thrall battling a completely naked succubus, with only the blood and gore hiding some of the finer details, I think to myself, "Where's the allure? Wouldn't this be even more enticing if something was left up to the imagination? I could wonder what exactly is under that skin tight bodice, or high-cut thong, seconds before she rips out by still beating heart and shows it to me before I die."

That's part of the magic, in my opinion.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    So I had a bunch of bundle codes I was going to drop back before the codes tag broke that I'm still sitting on. I don't know if the tag ever got fixed but I'm just gonna throw them out there either way.

The only caveat, because I've been sitting on them for so long I don't recall if I ever used any - I'm 90% sure didn't touch any of them, but I can't be absolutely sure. If you're fine trying your luck then go ahead and send me a PM for whatever you want and I'll send the code I have.

Inside My Radio
    Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved Mystery
    STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast™
    Men of War: Assault Squad 2
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
    Tesla Force
    Overlord: Ultimate Evil Collection
    STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
    Fractured Minds

Thief of Thieves: Season One
    Yoku's Island Express
    Gas Guzzlers Extreme
    Bridge Constructor Stunts
    Darkness Within 1: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
    Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage
    Battlestar Galactica Deadlock
    Inside My Radio

Bridge Constructor Stunts
    Thief of Thieves: Season One
    Prank Call
    The Last Crown: Midnight Horror
    DreadOut: Keepers of The Dark
    Death in the Water
    Overcooked!
    Worms
    Earth Atlantis

Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition
    Luxuria Superbia
    Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
    Epistory - Typing Chronicles
    Star Wolves
    Pumped BMX Pro
    Planet Alcatraz
    Torchlight II
    Rebel Galaxy

Toybox Turbos
    PixelJunk™ Monsters Ultimate + Shooter Bundle
    Gift of Parthax
    Epistory - Typing Chronicles
    Dungeon Siege
    Rebel Galaxy
    The Flame in the Flood
    Torchlight II
    DOOM II
    Swag and Sorcery

Post since it has been a few pages, with a few additions.

Donnicton on
  • Options

As much as I want some afro fantasy or afro futurism, I'd be kinda scared to see him do it

Nicole Jenson was shopping around for game design for 5 th season and that would be.....an experience

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Installed.

What the fuck.

Someone could have bought Train Simulator and the 999 DLC packs.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I guess page 12 is as good as ever. I'll be doing my Extra-Life 2021 marathon on Saturday, November 27th. It's later than usual and it'll only be ~12 hours, but I imagine I'll start around 10am EST and go until I get tired which will probably be around midnight. My goal will be $2k as always, and I'll be raffling the usual steam prizes (One steam game of your choice, and a $100USD digital Steam Card) from the previous runs, but nothing physical this time around. All you need to do to enter the raffle is donate at least $5 by the following Sunday morning. I'll pull winners then and post them here :). Try to include your PA name in the donation message so I can message you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Koopah is the dono link! I'll have a Twitch extension up on my channel as well thanks to Extra-Life making streamer's lives easy.

Thanks friends! <3

Friendly reminder. :) This is next Saturday.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Installed.

What the fuck.

Someone could have bought Train Simulator and the 999 DLC packs.

yes
    someone

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Oh. I forgot to bookmark the new thread.

. . . hi, everyone! I have been playing mainly games on consoles rather than Steam, though I do have more things to play on Steam because I'm continuing to keep Humble Choice until, I think it's this next summer when the price should go up and I'll bow out?

Anyways, I think it's kinda crap that in Assassin's Creed Odyssey that if one choice is the romance/flirty option, the other invariably feels like being an asshole. Just because I don't want to flirt with someone doesn't mean the other choice needs to be cast in a more negative light. But other than that, merc in ancient Greece is fun. I don't think I'm even halfway into the main story; they want me to go back to Athens and I suspect it's a turning point/altering point of the game so I've been avoiding it. :lol:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    gl0c4tep2rom.png

@Karoz tried to drunkgift me again last night.

I am declining because of the drunk part, but very much appreciate the thought! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021

As much as I want some afro fantasy or afro futurism, I'd be kinda scared to see him do it

Nicole Jenson was shopping around for game design for 5 th season and that would be.....an experience

Yeah, was having this conversation on stream last night, and opinions on Kojima and his work varied wildly. He's a legit talented ideas man and director, a deeply fascinating individual, and possibly a time lord. He's also kind of bad at actually telling stories, needs someone around to tell him 'no', and should probably be kept from personally writing about sensitive topics. Sometimes the eccentric auteur comes up with a genius bit of narrative, iconic characters, and themes that rightly hold up decades later - and sometimes he comes up with introductions-by-crotch-grabbing and a sniper who dresses like a stripper because she breathes through her skin.

What I'm saying is Hideo Kojima is a land of contrasts.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Stolls wrote: »

Yeah, was having this conversation on stream last night, and opinions on Kojima and his work varied wildly. He's a legit talented ideas man and director, a deeply fascinating individual, and possibly a time lord. He's also kind of bad at actually telling stories, needs someone around to tell him 'no', and should probably be kept from personally writing about sensitive topics. Sometimes the eccentric auteur comes up with a genius bit of narrative, iconic characters, and themes that rightly hold up decades later - and sometimes he comes up with introductions-by-crotch-grabbing and a sniper who dresses like a stripper because she breathes through her skin.

Would you say he represents the duality of man?

• Options
    edited November 2021

Would you say he represents the duality of man?

Thoroughly. His mind is a self-contained ecosystem of creativity, wonder, hedonism, and insanity, and should be preserved at all costs. If some science fiction or cosmic horror scenario from a book or movie happens for real, I would bet on him calling exactly how it would go down and also bet on him surviving.

Just please god check his work before hitting publish.

Stolls on
  • Options
    I would say Kojima takes games as art to the most logical extreme. I mean, the slavic developed 6DOF game where you steal color from monsters and return it to your naked goddess witch sisters was more confusing, but not as much as some of the MGS games could be.

That said....
    https://youtu.be/KsbbwRhqQv8

• Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Halo Infinite kinda slaps.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    a sniper who dresses like a stripper because she breathes through her skin.

Yeah but thanks to this, we have stuff like this absolutely NSFW pic of Quiet playing with herself:
    3srsnwvfoede.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    Mirkel wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm really interested in that new Ruined King game, but I was hoping someone here had already got it and could give me an honest review.

I re-bought it after they fixed the bug (also I take it back what I said about their bad QA - looks like the bug was only for Swedish/Finnish versions of Windows, that's understandable to miss) and it works fine for me now. Haven't gotten very far yet but it's fairly close to their previous game Battle Chasers. Lots of turn-based combat with walking around in between. I like it so far, game looks and sounds good and the combat animations are great. There's a lot of different abilities for each character and you can customize them with talent points. So if that sounds like your cup of tea I can recommend it.

Frankly both Battle Chasers and this are what I always wish the turn-based combat in JRPGs would be like. There's no million-turn long boss fights or constant one-shots in harder fights or spamming auto-attack against pointless constantly respawning trash mobs.

Wait, is this essentially just a reskin of Battle Chasers with League of Legends stuff?

I had been ignoring this game because it said League of Legends and I have no need for lane based MOBAs teams gacha and whatnot and get off my lawn.

But I really liked Battle Chasers.

EDIT: Please don't gift it to me. Will decline. Just curious.

More or less, yes. I've never played LoL and that hasn't really hindered me any here, it explains any relevant lore stuff well enough with cutscenes and conversations and party's chats. I'm sure you'd like this just fine. Been a while since I played Battle Chasers but I think this has even more customization layers (talents, runes, gear, gear enchants, party composition) than it had which is one of the things an autistic tinkerer like me really likes.

Hey @Mirkel, some quick Ruined King questions for you.

I'm about 3 hours in and just finished some cutscenes introducing Yasuo and Ahri. Is it just me (it probably is) or is everything really slow? My characters "runs" through the map like they're in first gear. The Bildgewater map is huge so it takes forever to get anywhere and there's no minimap on-screen, so I'm having to open the map constantly which keeps things slow. And why do I have to scan to see shit on the map?

The menus are a jumbled mess of abilities, armor, items, and so forth. I have no idea what I'm doing with half the stuff I've found so far.

In combat, should I be worried about mana at all? Instant attacks are basically worthless, but Lane attacks are painfully slow (even at "fast" speed). I'm guessing that combat won't change much, so I'll just have to get used to it. There seems like a lot of debuffs for each character which I'm unsure of what they do. Do they matter or should I just ignore them?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I would say Kojima takes games as art to the most logical extreme. I mean, the slavic developed 6DOF game where you steal color from monsters and return it to your naked goddess witch sisters was more confusing, but not as much as some of the MGS games could be.

That said....
    https://youtu.be/KsbbwRhqQv8

Are you talking about The Void?

• Options
    edited November 2021
    a sniper who dresses like a stripper because she breathes through her skin.

Yeah but thanks to this, we have stuff like this absolutely NSFW pic of Quiet playing with herself:
    3srsnwvfoede.png

Here's the crazy bit of it: aspects of Quiet were unironically done well, and this gets back to Kojima-as-director. The character being mute places a high focus on her expressions and physical behavior, and setting aside the silly aspects of her biology my impressions of her were mostly positive; some late-game scenes make creative use of her (usual) lack of a voice and flesh out the character in interesting ways. I honestly think Quiet's design would've been easily ignored if the explanation was simply "she's a dangerous, silent mercenary who basically does what she wants and nobody has the guts to question her about it," rather than whatever the hell the reason was. Nanomachines wolbachia or something, I forget.

In any case, there's clear affection that went into the game, despite the nightmarish circumstances within Konami and god only knows what extra hurdles the dev team had in front of them. MGS as a series is a beautiful, obnoxious, and special kind of weird and our relationship status is "it's complicated."

That is really cool though, the actress did a great job :+1:

Stolls on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    ok, i read page 24. wait and see. fair. I was considering another hand held, and just figured i would ask where i knew. hapy holidays.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    But do you regret your words and deeds?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Konami got the Yakuza to deny Kojima's new company health insurance.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    ok, i read page 24. wait and see. fair. I was considering another hand held, and just figured i would ask where i knew. hapy holidays.

@DyasAlure Sorry, I don't think anyone was intentionally trying to be a goose.

We don't know anything that isn't out in the previews already. From what I've seen it's a piece of hardware that does exactly as advertised, in a form factor that's surprisingly impressive. And when you're getting into the ballpark of $500+, it has to be good.

So I already own a Switch. Don't tell the kids, but we're getting a Switch lite for Christmas since it's so popular. But I'll be adding the Steam Deck to my arsenal when it gets to my turn in the pre-order queue.

Thanks to issues getting to the payment screen, I was 37 minutes late ordering, and I'm not getting mine until Q2. So that's the other question...right now, it might realistically be another 6-12 months before you can get your hands on one if you haven't pre-ordered already, assuming they actually stay on their schedule (which has already slipped 3 months).

In other words, I think it's awesome. I own a lot of games on Steam, and it'll be an incredible device I hope gives me many years of service.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Mulling over the Deck, I do a fair amount of my gaming handheld thanks to the Switch so I'd happily add it to the collection.

If Valve ever, you know, lets Australians buy one.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    What would make a more entertaining charity stream, FMV or rhythm games? I have too many of both.

wVEsyIc.png