As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sit Down And Have Some Cucumber [chat]wiches

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my dad gave me the talk on the way to dropping me off at my girlfriend's house when i was fourteen

it went as follows:

"wear a rubber. i didn't raise an idiot."

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Watching the rest of the new He-Man cartoon. Why does Skeletor have a penis??

You know why.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

You know why.

So he can bone

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    my ma asked if me and my girlfriend were using protection when i was like 27 which i found kind of offensive considering how many times i'd gotten the "when i was your age i had two kids" talk before that point

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i walked uphill about a block at a brisk pace and i'm basically dead

i definitely feel like i coulda done that no problem a year ago

You shouldn't have dumped all your stats in Wisdom and Attunement but instead should have gone for a Dexterity/Endurance build.

I keep saying "will save" instead of wisdom save to my D&D players and they keep on being all "wut" because they don't call it that in 5e.

3.5 poisoned my brain.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    my dad gave me the talk on the way to dropping me off at my girlfriend's house when i was fourteen

it went as follows:

"wear a rubber. i didn't raise an idiot."

Something to be said for direct and succinct communication.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

You know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ItWcGtaJro
    Lou Scheimer is rolling in his grave.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    everyone knows about the Nebraska ocean, dk

I will sail the great dothraki sea

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    A mother is explaining to her ~14 year old son that the united states is not divided by an ocean with the exception of hawaii and a few island territories. He is confident she is wrong and that you cant drive from Massachusetts to Arizona because theres an ocean.

He is right, just like right about 70 million years ago.

2alw0d2nvgsu.png

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    A mother is explaining to her ~14 year old son that the united states is not divided by an ocean with the exception of hawaii and a few island territories. He is confident she is wrong and that you cant drive from Massachusetts to Arizona because theres an ocean.

learning young that men can domineer conversations with women as long as they're loud and confident

attaboy

• Options
    My mom gave me precisely one good piece of advice: always frost your cups

My parents and my older sister now come to me for financial advice and it's like, deeply unsettling realizing the ramifications of that shift in family dynamics

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Can I come to you for financial advice

Why is everyone always talking about investment

Aren't jackets more fashionable

• Options
    EM guess what i'm making right now

you'll never guess, you'll love it

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

Creamed corn

• Options

L-love?

• Options
    Can I come to you for financial advice

Why is everyone always talking about investment

Aren't jackets more fashionable

I'd probably go to Eddy for fashion advice.

• Options

Creamed corn

i'm glad this is something we'll share, all the way up to our terminal days

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I'm reading The Hobbit to my nephew and it struck me that so far we've had, as characters,

Bilbo, Gandalf, Balin, Dwalin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Ori, Nori, Gloin, etc.

and then we meet the three trolls

Bert, Tom, and William.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Just found out my aunt and cousin have covid and won't be coming to Thanksgiving :bigfrown: They're both vaccinated

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    yesterday i saw a quote from the german minister of health saying basically- if you live in germany and you're not vaccinated, by the end of the year you're going to have or have had covid

!!

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Just found out my aunt and cousin have covid and won't be coming to Thanksgiving :bigfrown: They're both vaccinated

Better than finding out tomorrow I guess?

• Options
    edited November 2021
    I don't like giving solicited advice. That means someone has put some trust in my opinions, which means I've developed a reputation, all of which means I've ossified, stagnated.

No, I much prefer giving unsolicited advice because that means I get to hear myself talk without the burden of someone actually acting on it.

And now I become a hikikomori and reject the fashion world, just like Helena St. Tessero from Neo Yokio. Formless linen onesies for all!

now, listen to Stephen Fry say "hikikomori"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXjvfsXo6EE

Eddy on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

He is right, just like right about 70 million years ago.

2alw0d2nvgsu.png

Time travelers. they're real!

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    I don't like giving solicited advice. That means someone has put some trust in my opinions, which means I've developed a reputation, all of which means I've ossified, stagnated.

No, I much prefer giving unsolicited advice because that means I get to hear myself talk without the burden of someone actually acting on it.

And now I become a hikikomori and reject the fashion world, just like Helena St. Tessero from Neo Yokio. Formless linen onesies for all!

now, listen to Stephen Fry say "hikikomori"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXjvfsXo6EE

what on earth is this program

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Neo Yokio is one of my favorite series of all time. It just perfectly encapsulates a certain vibe of socialite absurdity. It's not aspirational per se but I aspire to it nonetheless

A three minute unironic discussion about a midnight blue tuxedo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMBLntBrOPc

Out of context quotes from the show that are hilare
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALxB_3Ug_Ac

Eddy on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my 3yo niece is sitting on the couch quietly singing Peanut Butter Jelly Time to herself

• Options
    @Evil Multifarious it is vital that you watch that midnight blue tuxedo clip as it's good background reading for the unauthorized biography (the word dossier is so tainted now) that you're working on

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Food processoring has made food prep so easy for fam

Liquified turkey!

Liquified corn!

Liquified potato!

Just like the pilgrims ate, out of their cryosleep recovery nutrition packs

Tumin on
  • Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    Food processoring has made food prep so easy for fam

Liquified turkey!

Liquified corn!

Liquified potato!

Just like the pilgrims ate, out of their cryosleep recovery nutrition packs

https://youtu.be/jbIbyUdA_B4

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Well... at least they found out before gathering with family, but yikes.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    apparently my cousin found out on monday that she has covid after spending all weekend with my other cousin who, in the past year, has recovered from lymphoma

i'm tired

• Options
    @ronya i finished my desk (mostly). i still have to fix the cables but this actually works great. i got a usb hub that controls 4 devices (mouse, keyboard, webcam, headset). and i got a stand for the work laptop. so the default state is for the monitors to be asleep. i then walk up and pick which device the switch is controlling. if it's set to control the PC, when i give any input to the mouse or keyboard it'll wake up both displays to be on the PC. if i set it to control the mbp, any input will wake up one of the displays to be controlled by the mbp and the other the PC. if i want to manually switch from one display to the other, i just hit the input button on the one display. if i want to control both machines at the same time, i have each control a display and then i grab the wireless magic keyboard + mouse for the mbp. total cost to setup was under 80 bucks, rather than ~230 i was going to spend on a nice kvm switch.

so much room for activities.

7pd0d3p9lj5t.jpeg

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Why does this look like the Nintendo Switch version of Second Life?

• Options
    Wait, no vertical monitor? How do you code, or write poetry, or look at mature portrait images?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Got the call from my mom wishing me a happy thanksgiving and a passive aggressive guilt trip.

Just what I needed.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    Wait, no vertical monitor? How do you code, or write poetry, or look at mature portrait images?

i was just saying yesterday how i want to become- in the second arc of my life- that guy who can quote poetry at appropriate moments. right now i have these lines memorized:

1) theirs not to reason why,
    2) like a patient etherized upon a table

that's it so far, what else

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Chu I cant believe you have a fancy mac stand

The largess, the conspicuity,

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Also happy Thanksgiving to the people who celebrate it.

Tis the season for food comas, fa la la la la

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Why does this look like the Nintendo Switch version of Second Life?

So what you're saying is that they should buy Second Life out so they can shut it down.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Food is et, time to see if I can get away with crawling back to my computer hole and hiding from being social with family.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
This discussion has been closed.