As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fix your interior!

191011121315»

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That looks very ex-railway. Neat!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I want to put one of those old hand cranks on it and ride the rails with my bindle and an old boot for a hat.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Might be difficult - that's not a handcart, it's a porter's luggage trolley or platform trolley, for getting people's baggage on and off the luggage carriage.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Might be difficult - that's not a handcart, it's a porter's luggage trolley or platform trolley, for getting people's baggage on and off the luggage carriage.

You know, you don't have to sink our dreams.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

have you met chris

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    No! I haven't! That's another one of the dreams!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

have you met chris

Extensively!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

have you met chris

Extensively!

my condolences

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Friend of mine wanted to get rid of his sweet coffee table that I've always loved and he just gave it to me. It's awesome! It has wheels! It weighs 6 tons!

Ignore those unpacked boxes I'm probably never going to unpack. Old table is in the background there so kind of the same energy going on with the rustic metal and wood except one is actually made out of rustic wood and fucking cast iron.

Does your friend seem happier, lighter? Like some great weight has been lifted from their shoulders?

What they didn't tell you, what they couldn't tell you, is that soon you'll start hearing a train whistle. Faint at first, like it's coming from another town...or time.
    But it will get louder, and louder, and soon you'll wear you can feel the floor rumbling at its approach.
    When you see its single headlight, shining only on you, then you it's time to pass along the table before it pulls into the station.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Wow that's fucking awesome Jugg, not only did you get a hoss ass coffee table, but you got a ghost train! I've never been more envious of a person.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Yeah man I'm good bring on the ghost train just fucking lay me out let's do it I'll put on some Johnny Cash

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    So I'm very seriously contemplating finally replacing the old IKEA double bed I've got in my guest room with a slightly BIGGER IKEA bed (so my parents can stay in the guest room more comfortably). My question for the thread is, does anyone have experience (positive or negative) with Ikea mattresses? In Singapore in particular there seems to be a sizing mismatch between IKEA frames and the non-IKEA places you can buy mattresses so if I'm getting the one, I'm stuck getting the other also.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So I'm very seriously contemplating finally replacing the old IKEA double bed I've got in my guest room with a slightly BIGGER IKEA bed (so my parents can stay in the guest room more comfortably). My question for the thread is, does anyone have experience (positive or negative) with Ikea mattresses? In Singapore in particular there seems to be a sizing mismatch between IKEA frames and the non-IKEA places you can buy mattresses so if I'm getting the one, I'm stuck getting the other also.

Steer clear of the cheapest foam mattress, it's about 2" thick and no better than just sleeping on the slats. Conversely, the cheapest of the sprung mattresses (which they've started rolling up so you can transport them a bit easier) is decently supportive and quite comfortable if you like a harder mattress

This is my experience from buying one of each recently

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    We have one of the Ikea latex mattresses and it's been great for comfort/sleep, though like you mentioned, it's a bit smaller than the (non-Ikea) bed frame we have so it fits, but doesn't look as tidy as it might.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    latex mattresses rule

poo
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Um... Hi!

I finally re-found this thread... it's only been... 2 years since someone's posted in it?

A lot's happened in that time! We've all spent... quite a bit more time in our interiors.

Sooooo....

How do your interiors look now ?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I hung a shower curtain! and recaulked the tub after removing the old doors

calzfu6m2p13.jpg

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    This is just a trap to catch anyone with christmas decorations still up

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The neat thing about time having no meaning is that you can decorate for whatever as long as you want.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I've still got my "Happy New Millennium!" signs and balloons up.

Think this is going to be a good one for people.