Options

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Just absolutely feasting on these whales given the state of the market

Idk how it is on other servers, but on Avesta Great Honor Leapstones go for 750g+ per stone and you can get tradeables from the infinite chaos vendor

Also funny that i can buy the grand prix epic class engravings, pick sorc/zerker ones and put them up for 600+ gold and then turn around and buy my own for 400g maintaining a tidy profit. Benefits of playing a somewhat unpopular class, i guess?

I am really annoyed the books are ilvl locked on grand prix, as I'm trying to finish out the blue books for my wardancer and I'm not 802.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    the books being item level locked is a surprising choice, although i don't think its without precedent in the game (anguish isle vendor has the legendary engraving books locked behind 1415). the honing mats being item level locked is not a surprise, that's the way all the vendors work for honing mats.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    fkyW7E9.png

Meanwhile go fuck yourself

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Are those una task tickets worth getting? I guess there is a chance I go from 240 to 802 before the event ends so I'll probably still do the race occasionally and then wait to cash out just in case

But odds are pretty good I end up with 5 million pirate coins instead haha

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    If you do the race event everyday, you basically get enough currency to empty out the shop. So you might as well grab everything.
    Other than the hat, it does refresh stock every week as well.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Are those una task tickets worth getting? I guess there is a chance I go from 240 to 802 before the event ends so I'll probably still do the race occasionally and then wait to cash out just in case

But odds are pretty good I end up with 5 million pirate coins instead haha

@Kwoaru
    Yes, those una task tickets are very much worth getting. After trying to do some homework it seems like the stuff on that rightmost page might be even more important than a lot of the materials that you're locked out of. However I bought out everything available to me for the week with my coin earnings from yesterday alone. I probably shouldn't have deleted my wall of text yesterday when I got salty since I originally tried to explain just how much coin income we potentially have.

Anyway, my race awarded me 880 coins yesterday but that doesn't even really matter much since we don't even need this variable source of coin income that's dependent upon your race placement.

A character can earn 200 coins per run from their two daily chaos dungeon runs and guardian raids. That's a 800 coins a day. However unlike the race, which is roster bound, those 800 coins are PER CHARACTER. So if you have two alts, you can earn 2400 coins a day without even partaking in the race. It's enough coins that we could easily buy out the entire shop if the game would let us. As it stands I was able to buy out everything the shop would let me at early T1 item levels.

But you can't do chaos dungeons/guardian raids yet? You're closer than you think. I forget now how I unlocked chaos dungeons, but the minimum item level to partake is 250. So 240 to 250 isn't that big of a gap especially since progressing down the main story quest will eventually give you gear. Once you are permitted to run chaos dungeons, you should queue up a few times since the first level of chaos dungeons is really easy (spec for maximum AOE spam) and you'll quickly be given a set of T1 gear that will bring you up to item level 302. Note you can also be given a chest full of this gear for free by completing the story missions up through shushire, but you'll be able to get the gear a LOT faster by just running the chaos dungeons. The gear drops a lot. You might have a full set of T1 gear after two runs. Maybe four max. Getting your item level 302 gear from the chaos dungeon will give you enough item level to partake in the first guardian raid against some big grizzly bear thing. He's harder than the introductory chaos dungeon, but he's still an easy tank and spank fight and yesterday a lot of grossly overleveled characters were rushing coin farming by joining this raid and deleting the bear in one rotation. Assuming those people keep speed running the fight, it should be possible to fall asleep and be carried through it anyway. (Edit: Another note about chaos dungeons. When the portal opens to take you to the next dungeon zone, windmill slam accepting the prompt to go to the next zone ASAP. A lot of the loot drops from the elite mobs on the third floor of the dungeon, and spending extra time on the earlier means less time on the third floor).

I don't know what the minimum or upper bound range of the race reward are, but you should be able to easily clear 1000+ coins a day between your chaos dungeons and the race. That should be easily enough to buy out the entire stock of everything that you're permitted access to after a day or two. However you can exceed this coin income by a lot rolling up some alts.

After completing the story quest in North Vern, and you can take a detour from the main questline to do the north vern quests early if you wish once you ding 50, you are awarded with a power pass. Using the powerpass on an alt will catapult it to level 50, item level 302, by replacing the alt's main story questing process with a kind of cinematic sequence where you watch some cutscenes and play a few of the big cinematic boss fight moments from the story. If you did take a detour to north vern to do this, then this cinematic sequence will be a bit of a spoiler in regards to the events that happen in shushire and likely a good sized chunk of arthertine as well. But in a sense this brand new alt will immediately be in position to run chaos dungeons/guardian raids and earn 800 coins a day. Additionally, the act of using the power pass on an alt rewards you with a second powerpass which you can turn around and use on a second alt for even more coins per day.

So basically the moral of the story of this wall of text is that you are very close to the point where you can earn enough coins in a single day to buy out the entirely weekly allotment of the cash shop prizes that you are permitted to purchase. If you want to save the alts for later, your main alone should be able to clear out the event shop's weekly loot with just the daily dungeon/raids+race over the course of a few days.

As for the Una tickets, they seem really important for accelerating your access to unlocking access to the Ghost Ship Eirberns' wound. Once you reach item level 460, which won't take too long if you follow a guide to pick up some island rewards and concentrate those rewards on a single main character, you can partake in a weekly raid to defeat a ghost ship. However there is an una daily task to defeat the ghost ship. You need to run that una daily 12 times to unlock the Eirbern's wound ship. That's 12 weeks of weekly raids to unlock the ship, but by using a skip ticket to complete the daily rather than actually clearing the ghost ship raid you can cut that down to 12 days. While all of the youtubers keep talking about using this una skip ticket to complete the daily, I'm not sure if they're actually necessary for rushing the Eibern's wound in 12 days rather than 12 weeks since I think that you are permitted to run extra ghost ship raids each week, simply that you can only receive loot once per week. However the ghost ship raid was a pain so it's probably better to burn an una ticket on it than spend the effort of running it with no rewards.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Donnicton wrote: »
    fkyW7E9.png

Uh if you are only clicking the top one with the others not attempted yet you are doing it wrong.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    fkyW7E9.png

Uh if you are only clicking the top one with the others not attempted yet you are doing it wrong.

They failed 7/8 which means their % to succeed was never lower than 75%. If the top one was their priority pick that’s exactly what they should be doing.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    fkyW7E9.png

No, they're doing it right for this case; it was just extremely bad RNG. The pic shows them failing the opening 75% roll 4 times in a row; one success bring its down to 65%, still a fine number to use for the primary skill you want.
    Then failing that 65% and another two fails at 75%. That's ... reaaally rough.

• Options
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    The more I think about it, the more concerned I am about the issue with the content cliff at 1340 and the lack of challenge guardian raids and abyss trials.

And the tweak to ilvl requirement of hard mode t3 abyssals is a big part of that concern. (The first t3 hard mode is open at 1355 in other regions and 1370 here.)

It has me worried that they're potentially already prioritizing milking the FOMO whales over the playerbase being able to access the content that they claim is so key to player retention. There's like an essential piece of t1/t2/t3 content that's just flat out missing from the game, and that's bad because it's not only content, it's part of the power progression scheme for your characters and the overall cadence of the endgame.

If they supposedly are paying close attention to participation rates in different content, I have to imagine they would be disturbed to find out what % of the playerbase will have accessed Argos yesterday or even say, two weeks or a month from now. I've said before I don't have an issue with not being able to access everything day 1, but the fact that the path to access it at all is deliberately incomplete is more than a little eyebrow-raising.

This represents, IMO, the first major concern point about the game so far and I really hope they handle it well because I think how they do so will reveal a lot about how this game is going to be handled in the west.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    *dings 50*

Oooooh, so that's why there are some merchants that sell combat XP items.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    yeah, i don't have an issue with the gating, what i think im going to have an issue with is how much content im able to do at each stopping point - 1340 feels pretty barren to me, and getting to 1370 feels like a pretty good distance away.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    It's kind of weird since I've had several people tell me that the T1 and T2 content was nearly a deathknell for the game in korea and then the T3 content was what saved the game, to the point where new characters in korea apparently start in T3 with their power passes and the earlier content is kind of a vestigial thing that you can peruse for the story but otherwise isn't much of note. I was told that this is why some of the characters like the martial artists feel so weak while leveling compared to a zerker or sorc: that the devs balance around T3 and early T3 is considered the start of the game so oddities in class performance prior to that are written off as non-issues.

That's what I've heard at least, and it just seems odd to me then that Amazon opted to not bring over the T3 content that I've heard is so spectacular and instead mostly has the EN client focus on the T1/T2 content that was a flop.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    It's kind of weird since I've had several people tell me that the T1 and T2 content was nearly a deathknell for the game in korea and then the T3 content was what saved the game, to the point where new characters in korea apparently start in T3 with their power passes and the earlier content is kind of a vestigial thing that you can peruse for the story but otherwise isn't much of note. I was told that this is why some of the characters like the martial artists feel so weak while leveling compared to a zerker or sorc: that the devs balance around T3 and early T3 is considered the start of the game so oddities in class performance prior to that are written off as non-issues.

That's what I've heard at least, and it just seems odd to me then that Amazon opted to not bring over the T3 content that I've heard is so spectacular and instead mostly has the EN client focus on the T1/T2 content that was a flop.

"deathknell" sounds like some "Mists killed WoW" level hyperbole. :P Korea had to play through T1 and T2 over the course of quite a few patches, right? Like a year+ for each, and they're effectively still in T3 (just with a lot more raids). It makes sense that if you were hard stuck grinding 250-340 on just the Vern content you'd be hungry for the next patch, and it seems like they didn't really figure out how they wanted to design endgame content until T3.

The game's been out for five weeks. T1-T2 is a ton of content for five weeks, and it's definitely good enough to hold attention.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    This is probably going to sound like trolling, but it's actually me living up to my username... I just started getting these Arkasian Coin drops. Looking at them they say to use them at an exchange vendor, but I can't find any vendor that accepts them. From context, I'm assuming this is some kind of event? Was there an in-game announcement I missed?

Googling just gives a bunch of results from 3 years ago and it doesn't seem relevant?

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    It's for the racing event. Every major city (stuff like Luterra Castle and Vern Castle) has a new npc vendor that you can exchange them with. They also have a daily quest that allows you to join a race that rewards a good chunk of the tokens.

You also get tokens for doing your daily chaos dungeons and guardian raids.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Hit ilevel 600 and started Yorn.
    Writing is ok, mostly, combat, is not.
    Too many enemies, with too many hitpoints, and too fast respawn timers.
    Might be ok with a dps class, but my bards advance suddenly turned into a slow slog and trying to actually clear area so i can click on quest objectives was a real pain in the ass.
    Writing was fun, story was pretty short, and sometimes messed up the mix of comedy and drama, but all in all, pretty nice.
    Only part i was kinda disappointed with was the brewery bit.
    Sure, let me get drunk just before i go fight some demons, bercause obviously i am a complete moron.
    Also still not really sold on Kharmine as a big villain.
    Too much sneaking in after others do the actual work and the running away with the spoils.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

"deathknell" sounds like some "Mists killed WoW" level hyperbole. :P Korea had to play through T1 and T2 over the course of quite a few patches, right? Like a year+ for each, and they're effectively still in T3 (just with a lot more raids). It makes sense that if you were hard stuck grinding 250-340 on just the Vern content you'd be hungry for the next patch, and it seems like they didn't really figure out how they wanted to design endgame content until T3.

The game's been out for five weeks. T1-T2 is a ton of content for five weeks, and it's definitely good enough to hold attention.

actually from this — which is pretty interesting in general — it sounds like there were a LOT of problems with Yorn in particular that make it a notoriously bad period of the game.

They don’t exist anymore, though.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Nyysjan wrote: »

Go to auction house, bid 1 gold for each gear slot you have overnight, get T2 802 ilvl hand-me-down blue items the next morning and hit 802 average almost instantly. It should help a bit and you can start upgrading once you get the resources as well since honing is at 100% until +8

I have also just hit ilevel 600 on my gunlancer alt and i can't wait to do more boss tanking, its just so satisfying sitting in boss mechanics and then poking their eye with my gun stick for the counter. You know of that dumb T1 raid where the level tilts and giant balls try to push you into a meatgrinder? The one where as dps you have to run back and forth to avoid being chain stunned? The gunlancer play is to shield up and just continually ignore the entire mechanic while poking the boss, occasionally unshielding to gain shield meter. So. Glorious.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Heyo! I am ilvl 500 and just finished up most of Rhondel and am prompted to go to 600. Do I just start blowing through my mats and get to +15 on all my gear? Or is there some other magical way to do this?

edit: Also, as a Bard main right now, I'm seeing my time to kill things get longer and longer which is making me unhappy as I don't have a group of regular friends to play with. When I'm in support mode, sure I bring the good stuff to the party, but in solo mobbing build, bleh. Think it's time to actually play some of my alts past lvl 10 or so.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Heyo! I am ilvl 500 and just finished up most of Rhondel and am prompted to go to 600. Do I just start blowing through my mats and get to +15 on all my gear? Or is there some other magical way to do this?

edit: Also, as a Bard main right now, I'm seeing my time to kill things get longer and longer which is making me unhappy as I don't have a group of regular friends to play with. When I'm in support mode, sure I bring the good stuff to the party, but in solo mobbing build, bleh. Think it's time to actually play some of my alts past lvl 10 or so.

blow through your mats

if you have any of the stars or books that increase your chances, save them to use until going to +13 and up

bard damage is bad and does not scale as well as others unless you have a spec for soloing, but that's bad don't do that

• Options
    I just hit 600, though plenty I still need to do (abyssals mostly as my pug groups are reliably terrible) from prior areas.

• Options

Go to auction house, bid 1 gold for each gear slot you have overnight, get T2 802 ilvl hand-me-down blue items the next morning and hit 802 average almost instantly. It should help a bit and you can start upgrading once you get the resources as well since honing is at 100% until +8

I have also just hit ilevel 600 on my gunlancer alt and i can't wait to do more boss tanking, its just so satisfying sitting in boss mechanics and then poking their eye with my gun stick for the counter. You know of that dumb T1 raid where the level tilts and giant balls try to push you into a meatgrinder? The one where as dps you have to run back and forth to avoid being chain stunned? The gunlancer play is to shield up and just continually ignore the entire mechanic while poking the boss, occasionally unshielding to gain shield meter. So. Glorious.

I did it all in 600, it's not difficult, combat continues to be super easy.
    It's just the time it takes to kill, and time it takes for enemies to respawn, that is an issue (also boss design, yes, they hit for approximately no damage, getting hit from beyond visual distance is still annoying), the combat is tedious, not difficult.
    And once i got access to Yorn chaos dungeon, i hit 940 item level pretty much instantly from the mats i had stored, might hit 960 today after reset if i get lucky with honing attempts.

• Options

I did it all in 600, it's not difficult, combat continues to be super easy.
    It's just the time it takes to kill, and time it takes for enemies to respawn, that is an issue (also boss design, yes, they hit for approximately no damage, getting hit from beyond visual distance is still annoying), the combat is tedious, not difficult.
    And once i got access to Yorn chaos dungeon, i hit 940 item level pretty much instantly from the mats i had stored, might hit 960 today after reset if i get lucky with honing attempts.

I'm Furiana in game if you want a wardancer to smoke mobs for you as I'm working through the yorn questioned as well

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    fighting Moake at 1340 is like:

but hey, kinda worth those 15+ phoenix plumes
    puq7ocpkea0n.png

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    So I take it daylight savings time has screwed up the timers on things? At least judging by this island not being here when it's supposed to be and everyone in Area being very confused.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    So I take it daylight savings time has screwed up the timers on things? At least judging by this island not being here when it's supposed to be and everyone in Area being very confused.

yes, timers are now an hour off because Amazon's dsl contingencies failed to take effect

things like Chaos Rifts, Field Bosses, and other things which spawned every hour aren't affected, but things that had 2 hour timers or have a set appearance schedule etc, are gonna be thrown off

• Options
    H0b0man wrote: »
    It's for the racing event. Every major city (stuff like Luterra Castle and Vern Castle) has a new npc vendor that you can exchange them with. They also have a daily quest that allows you to join a race that rewards a good chunk of the tokens.

Is there some trick to doing the race thing? I went to the vendor who has a bunch of stuff that I'm not tall enough to ride, and then sends me to some portal that isn't there for an event that doesn't seem to ever happen? I mean, I'm slow-as to get to stuff so should I just chalk it up to another in-game thing that's "too high" for me to do? Meanwhile it's another "pink" quest that seems unfinishable.

I did finish Shushire over the weekend, and the next stop is iLvl 420 for Rohendel. I bet I could do it in a single day with the amount of honing mats I have saved up, but I'd like to at least -see- the various guardian and chaos raids before moving past them. And I haven't even tried an Abyss raid yet. There's just so much to DO every day, it's hard to keep up!!!

26904.png
  • Options
    Wow, 600 to nearly 1k in a few hours. Yorn is just a rocket ship.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

Is there some trick to doing the race thing? I went to the vendor who has a bunch of stuff that I'm not tall enough to ride, and then sends me to some portal that isn't there for an event that doesn't seem to ever happen? I mean, I'm slow-as to get to stuff so should I just chalk it up to another in-game thing that's "too high" for me to do? Meanwhile it's another "pink" quest that seems unfinishable.

I did finish Shushire over the weekend, and the next stop is iLvl 420 for Rohendel. I bet I could do it in a single day with the amount of honing mats I have saved up, but I'd like to at least -see- the various guardian and chaos raids before moving past them. And I haven't even tried an Abyss raid yet. There's just so much to DO every day, it's hard to keep up!!!

every even hour, once a day per roster, must be lvl 50, and should have the pink daily quest - you get in from cities, then you wait for about a min for the portal to spawn in the next area, then you wait another min for the race to start

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »

The event list on the sidebar is not accurate for DST, so aside from a few exceptions(portals/world bosses which always spawn hourly anyway) everything the list says happens at X time you need to consider as X+1 hour in your local time.

• Options
    Well, my local time is either 17 or 18 hours different from my server time depending on whether it's PST or PDT, so that's not confusing at all!! Regardless, I've tried waiting at the portal location at the top of the hour at both even and odd numbered hours (server time), albeit different in-game locations - odd hour in Luterra and even number in Stern - and nothing happened. There were several other people waiting as well, so maybe it's just borken??

26904.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    So being that my Bard is frustrating me on several fronts...(Eyeballing the damn Tower) I rolled up a Berserker just to try a melee hack and slash character. I'm enjoying him! I wanted to try another melee centric bladed class but it's a 24 hour wait to delete a character? bleh. I made to many alts, tried them, got some to mid teens and then fell off. Anyway, is there any real downside to using the Powerpass on characters to just get up to 50 so I can use them to farm some mats for my Bard, or become my new main, at which point I should use the knowledge transfer I think? or not? Here's too rambling sentences.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Well you will miss on the story, which probably is not important unless you wanted to see how a specific class might change things in the areas they are supposed to be from.
    Beyond that, not that i know of, i used both of my power passes to get a gunslinger and sorcerer to 50 to have them do dailies and farm some T1 mats for my bard.

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    I power passed a wardancer and paladin. Luckily I like playstyle for both. In hindsight I should've saved wardancer powerpass in case I want to roll gunlancer or bard. I kind of want to do a red gunlancer but the idea of doing 10-50 campaign on class without much aoe is not very appealing.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Rakeeth wrote: »
    I power passed a wardancer and paladin. Luckily I like playstyle for both. In hindsight I should've saved wardancer powerpass in case I want to roll gunlancer or bard. I kind of want to do a red gunlancer but the idea of doing 10-50 campaign on class without much aoe is not very appealing.

Just knowledge transfer the 10-50 part.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    For practical purposes the powerpass only really saves you the 8 hour wait period for the first knowledge transfer jump to 50.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    jesus christ alaric is such a miserable fight

I still have yet to clear it, but I sure have been in 5 raid groups that got to him!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I hit the end of shushire and got the 302 set, its ugly as hell compared to almost all of the sorc leveling gear

Did some honing and tomorrow I'll start doing...all of the group content I have seen and resolutely ignored while I waited to hit the level speed bump

2x39jD4.jpg