💦😋

just kidding me means blood

What about thicc hot chocolate

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    It’s gonna be 32° tomorrow!

That’s crap!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    v9acmgrp1fzt.jpeg

💦😋

just kidding me means blood

What about thicc hot chocolate

would that make him too powerful?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    That was an acceptable lunch

I'm not saying I'm about to spend the next three hours drinking, reading, and maybe playing pinball on my phone, but I'm also not saying I'm not about to do that.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Wife is watching Brigerton, and this season is like, what if they focus tested Regency England. Wiferin is into it, but I can’t help but just notice the sanded edges.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Thick hot yoga pants would be op

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    Wife is watching Brigerton, and this season is like, what if they focus tested Regency England. Wiferin is into it, but I can’t help but just notice the sanded edges.

I’m very eager to watch the new season. I love Jonathan Bailey’s look.

Unfortunately, he only likes men. So my dreams of stalking him turning into a romance is for naught.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    A lot of Adam Ragusea's stuff is great.

His history/informational videos are basically universally excellent. Well researched and informative. He really uses his history in journalism well there.

A lot of his recipe or general cooking videos are great too. Very no-bullshit approach that cuts out a lot of crap that sticks to recipes because of tradition or weird attempts to assert cultural identity via cooking practices. His recent small-scale paella recipe for instance is absolutely great while basically ditching tons of cruft.

It's just he's also got some real strong guy-who-posts-a-lot-on-reddit energy and occasionally he lets it take over. And so you get some shitposty videos like trying to defend not weighting ingredients or not using the metric system or whatever. Or his continued disdain for measuring almost anything in baking to the point that it's become an identity.

Basically, there are two wolves inside Adam Ragusea. And sometimes the reddit wolf wins.

• Options
    Also it's always sad when you see people on youtube and the like having to quintuple hedge every statement about things that shouldn't even be remotely controversial or worth fighting over because people are the fucking worst on the internet.

The way you cook rice or whatever is not a cultural identity you need to fight to the death over people.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QIdj74b74w

@Bogart

So after the most recent test series in the Caribbean I needed something to cleanse the taste of failure from my mouth. Turns out youtube has the TMS coverage for the entire second test. Figured you might also enjoy something to put on in the background.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ah yes, "internet".

l0eyi5qzawhe.png

• Options
    I think i am too silly for the more serious threads in D/D.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I went to a basketball game last night and I can’t stop thinking about how during one of the timeout breaks, they brought out a veteran and everyone stood up and applauded and a lot of people saluted while they read out his military career

america is wild

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

Even better would be drinking 200 calories of oil and then heating your stomach contents to 375F and then throwing 200 calories of chicken in there and deep frying it.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I went to a basketball game last night and I can’t stop thinking about how during one of the timeout breaks, they brought out a veteran and everyone stood up and applauded and a lot of people saluted while they read out his military career

america is wild

This is the sort of shit that my mom would gush over and be super patriotic about and be all "Aren't we so good to our veterans" and I'd die a little inside.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

america is wild

This sounds irritating. I barely tolerate the national anthems. And only if they get the fuck on with it and don't drag it out. (*cough*american anthem*cough*)

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    oh no
    i literally slept through someone getting murdered next door* this morning

*one street down

update: he survived the shooting. the original call to the police wasnt for a shooting it was a disturbance call. seems like a domestic incident that escalated.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Today a handsome and stylish man at the mall asked me where I got my shoes. Extremely validating. (They're Atoms.)

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    More and more I'm seeing cars with stupid vinyls and stickers on them, expressing their opinions. I want to go up to them and ask just what they feel they are accomplishing. But deep down, I know that's exactly what they want - attention.

But hey, glad you like the Packers and love your Pomeranian.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    EM how are atoms for folks who need arch (not the bug) support?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

I feel that a lot of times as well.

Also CHAT! I did indeed have a drink, finish the first Dresden book (the last quarter of it), and finally unlocked Wizard Mode (beat the game) on Marvel Champions (Ms. Marvel) Pinball, all in an hour and a half.

Also background music has been this (they sell albums on vinyl too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O66Vsq7bdQg

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k53_PziipaA (although Paul Newman Rolex is better)

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R379vkTNX0

Y'all should get rull chill like I am rn

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I wish I had my video games here so I could do something productive like start Elden Ring.

Instead I’m shopping for beds and silverware organizers and wine glasses.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I have moonveil up to +4, am Level 72, activated the great rune, and can take an ogre down in 7 hits on horseback (which is good because I've killed like 500 ogres now for easy safe XP). Tonight, after I have done adulting, I will summon Jolly Cooperation and finally take down that stupid egg lady.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Ah yes, "internet".

l0eyi5qzawhe.png

He was clearly asking for a price

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    EM how are atoms for folks who need arch (not the bug) support?

They have great soles. I don't know about arch support but they're extremely supportive and comfortable.

The other thing is that they are focused on individual foot customization — they go down to quarter sizes, I believe, separate by foot, and can offer different widths as well.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Simon stole my spot :(

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Ah yes, "internet".

l0eyi5qzawhe.png

”I.N.R.I. Cavill”
    ”CEO of skeletons”

Wow

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    ... fucking gatekeepers.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I saw a girl with a tinder profile that was like I am tired of pretending to be chill so dudes will date me I am crazy af

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

or maybe they're too silly for you

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I saw a girl with a tinder profile that was like I am tired of pretending to be chill so dudes will date me I am crazy af

Swipe right

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Sounds like a cover story a chill person would use

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... fucking gatekeepers.

the problem is that if someone is good at it, the industry greatly rewards it, so (almost) everyone in the industry is trying to gatekeep to promote themselves.

• Options
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

It’s fascinating how much better and more entertaining Bridgerton is than the Gilded Age

They’re both very pretty shows and of course quite tonally different but gilded age is a series of extraordinarily pointless and boring conversations and edited poorly so it feels like you’re jolting from scene to scene

Whereas bridgerton is frothy, the actors are clearly having the time of their lives, and every line drips with saucy innuendo

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Good code should be self explanatory but sometimes explaining would require a paragraph long method name so maybe just write notes sometimes???

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Shit like this is why I'm incredibly popular in the tech industry despite being a terrible programmer: I do not have a religious taboo against communication and documentation.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I'm watching....Spikeball? On ESPN Ocho at the gym

actually kind of fun to see something novel

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.