As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Probably time to sit on gold for a bit and see if prices drop enough on Thurs, assuming the added mats from PvP/Grand Prix are sufficient for people to push towards 1370

Got my DB into t3 but she's parked for now at 1307 until my striker can hit 1370 and get the honing buff so i can eventually get her to 1340

Right now my Striker is at 1360 so I'm 2 sets of successes away from 1370, but it feels as far away as ever given the success rates. Really hoping when they said extra mats they mean an actual truckload of mats since i also have built up way too many event coins

Orphane on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Hit 590 tonight, i miss 90% honing chances

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    4 hones away from 1370 on my paladin. I've been going with a heavy heavy swiftness build on him for the CD reduction, it's also providing like a 19% movement speed buff and it's so seriously fun to play. Just throwing out light socks every like 6 seconds while I sonic my way around to the bosses head to smack him with my sword

• Options
    Also I forgot to bring chaos pieces to Abyssal Hildebrandt Palace and we couldn't crack the bubbles during the stagger phase and it was definitely my fault, whoops

Time to start giving a shit about battle items I guess!

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Finally hit t3 and the game feels much relaxing now. Taking my time to get to 1340, levelling up alts, it's a nice chill time.

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    shergak wrote: »
    Finally hit t3 and the game feels much relaxing now. Taking my time to get to 1340, levelling up alts, it's a nice chill time.

I'm at 1086 so the reset will hopefully boost me through the gap. and yeah then it's chill time.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I'm at 1046, underestimated how many leapstones that I had access to, and had a few "that's XCOM baby" rolls.

On the plus side, my stronghold just dinged level 25, which is a spicy level where the next upgrade to my lab unlocks. (edit: I'm also up to 80 decorative water wheels. I can't actually place all of these water wheels down since they're very expensive in placement points)

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    At the current market prices it can be worth it to convert gold to crystals than buy leapstones from maris shop. I copied someone's Google sheet for this and just fill in current numbers to help me decide.

I got both my alts to 1100. Don't think I have time to do punika and get them to 1325 before reset.

I probably should relax. Trying to do all dailies on 3-4 toons is getting exhausting

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Lots of good stuff coming tomorrow it looks like, just in free material chests alone I think I should easily hit 1370, I'm wondering if it makes sense to funnel some of those mats afterwards to getting my alt to 1340 or if I should just wait for the stronghold research fit the increased honing chance and cost reduction

Stationary on
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    im not letting any alt char get past 1325 before i get that honing bonus/cost redux

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    I assume that investment into the alts, allowing them to access higher tiers of chaos dungeons, will eventually pay dividends compared to directly investing the mats into the main.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Got my Bard to 600! But tired of my Bard lacking in dps so trying to catch my Berserker up but having to redo the quests is making it seem so much slower than the first time. So taking a few days off to try and recatch my enthusiasm.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Well today's extra mats were a godsend. I had hoped I'd not have to open them all but in the end it took all the mats and all the weekly vendor stuff and my 2 Chaos Dungeons to get to 1100. Crazy for 4 upgrades. Even with the skill books.

At least I had the weapon already at 15 so I could cash in T3 mats for that.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Got my Bard to 600! But tired of my Bard lacking in dps so trying to catch my Berserker up but having to redo the quests is making it seem so much slower than the first time. So taking a few days off to try and recatch my enthusiasm.

If you're going to do that then you should either do all of Yorn first or spend 10-20 gold total to buy a set of the cheapest gear from the auction house so you can hit iLvl 802, which unlocks in the stronghold two research options, one that increases the chances of success when honing for all your tier 1 characters, and the other that decreases the xp needed for all tier 1 upgrades.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    fyi the chaos dungeon resonance item that we got last week is expiring soon in case anyone hasn't used it yet

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Why is there even an expiration date on that? I wish that I hadn't redeemed it so that the timer wouldn't have started yet.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    pretty sure the intent is to get people upgrading quickly to the latest content and not horde materials/buffs. Its the same with all the honing materials they're throwing at us to clear the honing hurdles to T3's 1370 ilevel. Some of the claimable rewards in the new event expire after the event is over in a month i think.
    Anyways here's a tip for people trying the new guardian rush event: Destroy the scorpion's tail to get a massive buff you can use to beat down the other guardians

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Yup - i actually looked that one up because i didn't want to burn it at my current ilvl - you can't accept it or keep it in your mail, the countdown starts the moment you accept it. Basically i just need to claim it before this month is up. ideally i can get to at least the next tier of chaos dungeons, but that is getting real spendy.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

• Options
    I don't think I can hit 1385 this week anyway so it really doesn't matter, but am I correct in thinking that because I cleared Argos phase 1 and then left I can't go back to do phase 2? I didn't see a way to start from that point and it looked like it had the same lockout message as Abyss dungeons do

• Options
    edited March 2022
    yes as soon as you accept loot from a phase of argos, you are done for the week

hush on

• Options
    edited March 2022
    made it to 1370 and managed to keep 4 resonance pots, so that was nice

I will probably chill for a bit and try to gather the Punika Abyss hard mode set before I tackle Argos, then work on upgrading that slowly with the weekly extras they're giving us. ideally i can get my alt DB to 1340 since she's at 1307 right now, but w/o the honing buff that you can research at 1385 that seems not super worth so I will probably settle for 1325 instead

Orphane on
  • Options
    I definitely recommend p1 argos - its not too bad even in a pug, and it'll net you 2 pieces of gear to upgrade. if you do p1 argos this week and the two hm abyss, you can get 5 pieces of gear to continue upgrading throughout the week, maybe even hit 1385 if youre lucky

(sidenote: I play bard so maybe nothing is 'too bad')

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I finally snagged myself an Astray last night. Loaded it up with both Blackfangs and a Wilhelm (RIP my sun coins) and zoooooomin' around at 45 knots with the dash. Now I just need more pirate coins to get the materials to level it up from 6-10 for the two extra crew slots.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    fyi the chaos dungeon resonance item that we got last week is expiring soon in case anyone hasn't used it yet

So, uh...I am just starting out (I think my Sorc is like 25?) and have been accepting the various gifts/etc but stashing anything not immediately usable in my storage for later. I didn't realize they had use time limits, so any suggestions on what I should grab? I know next to nothing about them :(

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    The purple resonance potion is the only one that I've noticed with an expiry date so far. I don't think that you can even use the thing until your character hits level 50, equips some T1 gear, and starts partaking in chaos dungeons.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I finally hit 1370!

...Only to find out that contrary to every other MMO I've played, Normal/Hard Abyss Dungeons are on shared lockouts so because I did normal with some buddies last night I'm fucked on getting new gear until next week outside of trying P1 Argos. Good, thanks for the game design Smilegate.

• Options
    Bullhead wrote: »

So, uh...I am just starting out (I think my Sorc is like 25?) and have been accepting the various gifts/etc but stashing anything not immediately usable in my storage for later. I didn't realize they had use time limits, so any suggestions on what I should grab? I know next to nothing about them :(

Don't need to worry, that item is only relevant when you're at least max level 50

In other news, I've been planning to keep my sharpshooter alt at T1 just as a bifrost beacon for easy una dailies but I've started to grow fond of the playstyle. Between all the characters I've tried so far, the only one that irked me was the gunslinger i tried in alpha that didn't get to max level and I felt had too many buttons to press for little to no benefit. Maybe I'll make an alt for that class again and see how it pans out

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Bullhead wrote: »

Don't need to worry, that item is only relevant when you're at least max level 50

In other news, I've been planning to keep my sharpshooter alt at T1 just as a bifrost beacon for easy una dailies but I've started to grow fond of the playstyle. Between all the characters I've tried so far, the only one that irked me was the gunslinger i tried in alpha that didn't get to max level and I felt had too many buttons to press for little to no benefit. Maybe I'll make an alt for that class again and see how it pans out

Just as a heads up, Una rewards scale based on the tier you're in - but this also includes silver returns, so if you're going to keep a char for say Lopang silver farming, you'll want to get them to at least Tier 2 or the silver return will be almost negligible.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I finally hit 1370!

...Only to find out that contrary to every other MMO I've played, Normal/Hard Abyss Dungeons are on shared lockouts so because I did normal with some buddies last night I'm fucked on getting new gear until next week outside of trying P1 Argos. Good, thanks for the game design Smilegate.

Don't forget that for some reason if you loot Argos p1 and obtain the ilvl to do p2 later in the same lockout week, you can't return to the raid.

Because reasons.

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I finally hit 1370!

Don't forget that for some reason if you loot Argos p1 and obtain the ilvl to do p2 later in the same lockout week, you can't return to the raid.

Because reasons.

Yeah but all things considered that's apparently not going to be a concern in my case. At least I got two pieces from P1 so I have something to work with the next couple of days.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Me, a fool "30k gold should last me a while"

looks like my next road block on the way to 1385 is gold, these honing failures are adding up in a very big way. Maybe need to start doing the lower tier Abyss dungeons on some alts just for the gold

Stationary on
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    the event guardian raid reward can be gotten on alts as well btw. Daily per character not per roster

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    i lucked into the Stella Omnium Star so I was able to swing this after finishing the Purification Pond rep grind.
    4dyzxn7fuusn.png

Also happily enough, that gave me 4% completion to hit 80% in the Punika Tome for one of the few Greater Skill Point potions. I'm now just missing the final two from Omnium Star #6, which I have to get via lucky drop from Moake, and 8 Ignea Tokens, which is arduous to the point that I'm not gonna bother with it right now.

• Options
    I'm down to Moake as well but several kills in with no luck. If the drop rate is about how many kills it took me for Stella it's going to be a long couple of weeks.

• Options
    Hit 600 on my main, should I just buy the 802 pieces or keep going through the story to get a set?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    If you are not desperate for gold, i would suggest buying a set of 802.
    Makes the story quest go much faster.

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    If you are not desperate for gold, i would suggest buying a set of 802.
    Makes the story quest go much faster.

Yep. What class are you?

• Options
    I'm playing a Sorc cause it had the least confusing special meter, bought a T2 set so I wouldnt have to wait another dozen hours before doing 802 world content

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I have enough currency to buy out the rest of the Grand Prix shop for the full duration of the event.

But I still do the race daily because I have true hatred in my heart and it allows me to express that towards myself and others.

• Options
    I am finally "Nice Smelling", i just need 40 more seeds for... what am i for again?

urquanlord88.png