Options

Star Wars where we are going to fight about that one thing

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    That's like what, 5 d+ star wars shows in 2023?

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    My favorite part about the Andor show is that whenever someone asks me about it, I can say "Star Wars And/Or what?"

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    "Skeleton Crew”
    Jude Law is set to lead Jon Watts’ first foray into the “Star Wars” canon. The “Spider-Man: No Way Home” director is creating and executive producing a series that follows the fall of the Empire through the eyes of four children, aged 11 to 12 years old. The series, previously codenamed as “Grammar Rodeo,” is described as a “galactic version of classic Amblin coming-of-age adventure films of the ’80s.” Law’s role is not yet announced. “Spider-Man: Homecoming” screenwriter Chris Ford penned the Disney+ series.

My immediate reaction to the title was "oh is this about the crew of the Death Star II as it was being built", and it seems like that's not far off. SC probably refers to some place where there's a small crew of Imperials somewhere still left in the aftermath of the battle of endor. Law is probably the lead bad guy

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Really wishing they’d be more colorful with the titles of these shows. Gimme Andor and the Ghosts of Puthagera or something.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    "Skeleton Crew”
    Jude Law is set to lead Jon Watts’ first foray into the “Star Wars” canon. The “Spider-Man: No Way Home” director is creating and executive producing a series that follows the fall of the Empire through the eyes of four children, aged 11 to 12 years old. The series, previously codenamed as “Grammar Rodeo,” is described as a “galactic version of classic Amblin coming-of-age adventure films of the ’80s.” Law’s role is not yet announced. “Spider-Man: Homecoming” screenwriter Chris Ford penned the Disney+ series.

My immediate reaction to the title was "oh is this about the crew of the Death Star II as it was being built", and it seems like that's not far off. SC probably refers to some place where there's a small crew of Imperials somewhere still left in the aftermath of the battle of endor. Law is probably the lead bad guy

Uh, what's their definition of "coming of age", I wonder - late 80s/early 90s coming of age stories got pretty traumatically dark a lot of the time, I don't think that era is quite as saccharine as they think they remember it being.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Reminds me of an idea I had a while back (I think I might have mentioned it in one of the threads): "Star Wars Stranger Things", with very young Padawans as the lead characters in the High Republic era.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    "Skeleton Crew”

It's set in the same wra as mando and spin offs. Dave filoni really emphasized the whole " kids in danger amblin" vibe

• Options
    Also I just got to watch John Williams conduct obi wan theme, imperial March and raiders theme and then Harrison Ford make him.cry by wishing him a happy birthday I am not ok

• Options
    I also welcome this new age of sci fi with throat singing. Dune, Andor, keep it rolling

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    God the quality of Andor looks light years ahead of whatever is going on in BoBF and Obi-Wan (from the cinematography I've seen in the trailers anyway).

I'm a hype for-a Star War again! This will truly once again be my downfall.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

This is the exact kind of tone I was hoping for.
    (We're getting Senate scenes!!)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RELtasticRELtastic Registered User regular
    Andor looks cool, but not a single alien in that trailer!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Not a single (obvious) Jedi either!

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    RELtastic wrote: »

Ah, but they're all aliens. From a certain point of view...

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Andor has always been depicted as entirely human in the past right? That's a bit of an unintended red flag

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »
    RELtastic wrote: »

Ah, but they're all aliens. From a certain point of view...

A certain point of view?!

• Options
    edited May 2022

Just me and my super hot girlfriend heading to red carpet premiere of obi wan, tonight vbsrlc7r5835.jpg
    hcjjx9ys7cgc.jpg

Bloods End on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Appearently they did not use the Volume (or not entirely) on this and man it shows.

It's weird that I'm excited for a Star Wars movie to be shot in actual location again? Again

• Options
    OBI WAN ROCKS SO HARD

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDCMos-4QQE

I fully did not realize Hayden's voice got so deep. It's dreamy

It's just so lovely seeing them together

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    OBI WAN ROCKS SO HARD

It will struggle to rock as hard as your Aloha Lando getup, sir. I saw that outfit in the wardrobe on the Falcon and thought “oh man, is that an Aloha shirt what a shame it gets buried in the wardrobe scene” and then when he was wearing it at the end I let out a respectful-of-my-theater-neighbors but still probably audible whoop of joy. What a delightful deep cut, I hope you got lots of in-person kudos for it.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDCMos-4QQE

I fully did not realize Hayden's voice got so deep. It's dreamy

Well, he's got to sound like James Earl Jones by the time he's 45.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    OBI WAN ROCKS SO HARD

It will struggle to rock as hard as your Aloha Lando getup, sir. I saw that outfit in the wardrobe on the Falcon and thought “oh man, is that an Aloha shirt what a shame it gets buried in the wardrobe scene” and then when he was wearing it at the end I let out a respectful-of-my-theater-neighbors but still probably audible whoop of joy. What a delightful deep cut, I hope you got lots of in-person kudos for it.

Aloha shirt and shoulder cape is a touch look to pull off, but I sure to like it a whole bunch.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Heads up, Obi Wan is getting an early release at 9pm pst (so like five minutes from this post)

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    If you love noir detective Obi-Wan second episode is your jam

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    If you love noir detective Obi-Wan second episode is your jam

Wait are we getting more Dexter Jettster in this?

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    1st ep cameo
    Big ol smile when I recognized Flea.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options

I imagine him, per the meme(s), being all silly and gooey and then going completely stone-faced and handing "it" off to some trooper without a second thought.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Is this....is this hope I feel? About Star Wars?

What is happening to me

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    OBI WAN ROCKS SO HARD

My girlfriend made rhe cape and I met so many shirt bros it was awesome

Star wars fans can be the absolute worst bit everytime I go to celebration I never see anything but kindness and kinship and it is awesome even though we probably all have covid again now

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Ep 1 and 2 are both real good.

The only gripe I have so far
    You have to do it just right to make a chase scene between grown adults and a small child not seem contrived. They're 0/2.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Ep 1 and 2 are both real good.

The only gripe I have so far
    You have to do it just right to make a chase scene between grown adults and a small child not seem contrived. They're 0/2.

Well they can't be worse than
    Tatooine's slowest moped chase from Boba Fett, right?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    No, that remains the worst thing

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Okay, well that's a relief, at least.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    The worst chase scene was the arya/waif one in GoT, though that has admittedly passed from common knowledge.

The mentioned one was the worst in star wars though

Psykoma on
  • Options
    CGI and cinematography in Kenobi is kinda janky in my opinion. Feels s bit prequely actually.

Otherwise it's good so far I think, 45 minutes in.

I don't really know what's people's problem with
    Leia and her actor. Yeah she's precocious, but Leia's a full on politician and badass who stares down Vader by age 20 so it fits, and the actor is doing a good job, too, I think.

Also Jimmy Smits is the best part of this so far. Just a delight.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I guess the sequel to Fallen Order just got announced

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    CGI and cinematography in Kenobi is kinda janky in my opinion. Feels s bit prequely actually.

Otherwise it's good so far I think, 45 minutes in.

I don't really know what's people's problem with
    Leia and her actor. Yeah she's precocious, but Leia's a full on politician and badass who stares down Vader by age 20 so it fits, and the actor is doing a good job, too, I think.

Also Jimmy Smits is the best part of this so far. Just a delight.

No one better have a problem with that actor she is fantastic and the best part of the show

This discussion has been closed.