As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    It took longer for me to reset rank because the stupid bonus is bugged

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Combat mods like Protective Light don't work in the Crucible, for what it's worth. I think there's so much random bullshit to keep track of that Destiny's PvP is weird and unforgiving to get into and bewildering to parse in the moment, but I do think that buildcraft for it can be almost as rewarding as PvE and I'm also biased as someone who's enjoyed it for a long time.

I finished my Iron Lord title last night and the "objectives" part is very, very stupid. With 6 people on each team and a maximum of 5 dunks to win (that's if you're very lucky and the game is very quick paced but also evenly matched) at least one person on the team can't do the thing that gives you the most progress towards the seal. If everything on the final scoreboard counted, even a little, I'd be fine with it because everyone could find a way to contribute to the win and still move towards the title. I'm sure this isn't the case but it feels like there are two sides at Bungie; one is dedicated to player engagement numbers and those folks are willing to incentivize all of the wrong ways to play Destiny, just to keep people playing it for longer, and the other is more reasonable and understands that maybe they shouldn't force people to play team based modes incorrectly in the name of personal progress, and I want to find the first group and ask them if they realize what they're doing and also please stop.

You sure? I've got a bunch of mods--the ammo stockpile ones--that explicitly say they don't, so I was assuming anything that didn't say explicitly "doesn't work in Crucible" did work.

My other CBL mods were seemingly working fine, though all I've got is like, the 20% weapon damage one so IDK. I was getting charged stacks anyway. :p

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I should have been more specific, sorry; the Charged with Light mods do work, none of the Well or Warmind Cell mods do. Protective Light specifically doesn't work, that's why I said that to your post; Bungie leans on writing "combatants" when they mean PvE enemies in their explanations of things and it is not at all intuitive.

• Options
    I should have been more specific, sorry; the Charged with Light mods do work, none of the Well or Warmind Cell mods do. Protective Light specifically doesn't work, that's why I said that to your post; Bungie leans on writing "combatants" when they mean PvE enemies in their explanations of things and it is not at all intuitive.

... It is bloody not, no! (Also good to know about the well mods, not that I can make a well build anyway 'cause also don't have those...)

It would be lovely if "how the game currently works" was laid out in game. Like say, "resilience now gives you 40% DR at max, not 13%". Found that by random googling, someone linking to a patch note, and pure happenstance, since the entirety of the internet still just says about 1% per tier. (And the first 4 are 1% per tier, so you don't see more unless you already built into it...)

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Protip for hunters in IB Rift; you can use Shatterdive to cancel the slam animation. You still need wait for the scoring to happen, but jumping high above the zone and slamming into it makes you harder to hit

https://youtu.be/k5mlHG-3IbY

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I cannot imagine any effort more Sisyphean than trying to keep evergreen documentation on Destiny 2's minutae.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So the legacy collection is back on sale. Not quite as good as last time but 60% off

I bought it. I can finally get DMT

Or run old raids I don’t want to run and no longer have an excuse :)

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Stasis is kinda fun. You're a dick frost mage who just freezes all the things, which is neat. (Also turrets. I like turrets.)

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    So the legacy collection is back on sale. Not quite as good as last time but 60% off

I bought it. I can finally get DMT

Or run old raids I don’t want to run and no longer have an excuse :)

Time to drag everyone through some Legit Riven runs hell yeah

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Stasis is kinda fun. You're a dick frost mage who just freezes all the things, which is neat. (Also turrets. I like turrets.)

Yeah honestly all the 3.0 classes are pretty fun! I’ve mostly stuck to the class that was relevant for that season (because it was new but also seasonal mods), so I’ll probably be Arc 99% of next season, but after that, it’s going to be tough deciding what to focus on

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022

... It is bloody not, no! (Also good to know about the well mods, not that I can make a well build anyway 'cause also don't have those...)

It would be lovely if "how the game currently works" was laid out in game. Like say, "resilience now gives you 40% DR at max, not 13%". Found that by random googling, someone linking to a patch note, and pure happenstance, since the entirety of the internet still just says about 1% per tier. (And the first 4 are 1% per tier, so you don't see more unless you already built into it...)
    Sadly, this is just the status quo for a MMO (and MMO-lite like Destiny). As "gamers" we learn these oddities and internalise them and (eventually) just know how things work. There are SO MANY parts to a video game that are completely nonsensical, non-intuitive, and completely bass-ackwards to a non-gamer. Most of it is poorly documented, and the majority of it comes from word-of-mouth and learned experience over time. It's continually amazing to me how much of this B.S. we collectively put up with as "the way things are".

Any documentation is almost assuredly out of date the moment it is written. Trust nothing!

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Stasis Warlock is amazeballs fun. Once you have the right fragments and a tuned build, you can toss out a new turret as often as every 6 seconds. The power fantasy is real!

(Hint: Grenade Kickstart, 2x Bomber, a Stasis weapon with Demolitionist + Elemental Armaments, Elemental Ordinance with Seeking Wells)

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Hey - I'm traveling at the moment, and I don't anticipate being without internet at any point, but just a heads up in case I drown or get eaten by a bear or get Taken'd (the Liam Neeson kind, not the Destiny kind) and the thread gets to like 102 pages and I miss the Bat Signal.

But I'll try to make the new thread at 99-100 as always!

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Stupid wrote: »
    Stasis Warlock is amazeballs fun. Once you have the right fragments and a tuned build, you can toss out a new turret as often as every 6 seconds. The power fantasy is real!

(Hint: Grenade Kickstart, 2x Bomber, a Stasis weapon with Demolitionist + Elemental Armaments, Elemental Ordinance with Seeking Wells)

I don't have a bunch of those. :(

Buuuuut I have the fragment that gives me grenade energy when I get shot, and boy do I get shot a lot. (Using Durance/Torment/Fissures/Rending I think.)

dporowski on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I always thought it’d be neat if we ever got space rhino guardian PC’s we’d get a new class focused around turrets as the class ability. Maybe Legionaire?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Stupid wrote: »

I don't have a bunch of those. :(

Buuuuut I have the fragment that gives me grenade energy when I get shot, and boy do I get shot a lot. (Using Durance/Torment/Fissures/Rending I think.)
    Yeah, the mod issue is one of the largest problems for new players. So much that I would encourage you to check Banshee/Ada EVERY DAY and buy whatever mods they have, even if it doesn't 'work' with your current build.

Getting a gun with demolitionist will probably help a ton. Primary guns with that perk will give you 10% grenade after a single kill. So: kill 10 dudes = toss a grenade!

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    I can tell you that Ada has been very generous at giving out a bunch of warmind mods the last two weeks that do actual nothing right now but maybe warmind cells will be a thing some day so I’m buying them anyway.

Not that I’ve had a lot of armor to choose from jumping back in that I wanted to pump up energy levels on to handle more than a few mods (besides class items being way cheaper to get to 9). Some high rolls from Ib and seasonal stuff but a maybe should use solstice to try to get at least one good set

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    I'm digging the feel of Dead Man's Tale. Reload time can occasionally rear its head, but it's a scout that just feels good to shoot and sounds like gunshots in the Indiana Jones movies and its iron sights aren't as hard to adapt to as I was fearing. IMO worth the exotic cipher.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I've had a pretty tough week but atleast rift with the clan is always a good time, so thanks folks
    https://youtu.be/bloRXg99ncE

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Came within two wins of Legend in Survival, but had some bullshit bad luck losses. One super Aggro Well player using an Ager's got his super mid my murder, and just showed how potent that ability is.

Anyway, maybe tomorrow, but losing out on Legend because of crazy ass lag and people pulling sub-.75 KDA is never not annoying.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Maybe I should have read upcoming balance notes before getting super into the last word,

It seems like it got nerfed hard if I understand the patch notes

616610-1.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Genuinely thinking the Solstice armors look like shit really saving me a lot of time.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIPNBAMzZRI

lmao looks like I'm running some dungeons tomorrow

• Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    I'm digging the feel of Dead Man's Tale. Reload time can occasionally rear its head, but it's a scout that just feels good to shoot and sounds like gunshots in the Indiana Jones movies and its iron sights aren't as hard to adapt to as I was fearing. IMO worth the exotic cipher.

DMT is a hell of a gun, even with 2 rounds of nerfs. I tend to ADS more often than not with it now, the 3 taps are crispy

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    august wrote: »
    Genuinely thinking the Solstice armors look like shit really saving me a lot of time.

I've looked at every set on all three classes in-game, and there isn't one of them that isn't beyond fugly. Their design team needs to get reeled in, looking like a Rio de Janeiro parade float is not my idea of space wizard fun.

The mode itself feels like it needs more mobs? I like the level design, but it feels dull without more going on.

The 180 HC changes feel good, though. Had some fun in Crucible messing with those last night.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    I don't mind the warlock set, but it's not really 100% my style. I do like the trenchcoat look though. I should play with shaders on it, sometimes that's all the difference. I quite like the look on the legs, I'll say. (And the bond.)

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The only positive on the ugly Titan set is the head piece almost looks like a mohawk pompadour.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    the warlock jacket is actually two toned on the cloth part which i didn't realize on the default shader. some combos look real nice with this phoenix crest graphic on it. The other classes may have similar things happening?

also i don't actually know what stats i should push for warlock.

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Yeah it's not the armor itself (except Titan, holy shit) it's the ridiculous glow effects. With the right shader base armor survives OK.

Then it turns hideous

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    the warlock jacket is actually two toned on the cloth part which i didn't realize on the default shader. some combos look real nice with this phoenix crest graphic on it. The other classes may have similar things happening?

also i don't actually know what stats i should push for warlock.

every class wants 100 resilience right now. The other important warlock stats are recovery and discipline, because grenades are so powerful this season.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Looks like Bungie's gonna reveal big things a little early on August 23.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Moving Target is a great PvP perk tho. Personally my PvP DMT is Snapshot and my PvE one is Vorpal, tho vorpal is also good in PvP for taking down supers

It’s ok for PvP, but Moving Target only works when aiming down sights, which you normally don’t do a lot with DMT, though I guess now with hipfire only being slightly faster it’s not as bad of a perk

Also I imagine BlackDragon isn’t going to buy two (those shits are expensive from Xur) which is why I would recommend getting one that’s good in PvP and PvE (which I’d remove 4TTC from the options)
    Real life been busy, so catching up, but wanted to reply to this as I didn't see anyone else reply.

This is only partially true. Moving Target's strafe speed buff only applies when ADS, yes, but the aim assistance buff is always on.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Moving Target is a great PvP perk tho. Personally my PvP DMT is Snapshot and my PvE one is Vorpal, tho vorpal is also good in PvP for taking down supers

It’s ok for PvP, but Moving Target only works when aiming down sights, which you normally don’t do a lot with DMT, though I guess now with hipfire only being slightly faster it’s not as bad of a perk

Also I imagine BlackDragon isn’t going to buy two (those shits are expensive from Xur) which is why I would recommend getting one that’s good in PvP and PvE (which I’d remove 4TTC from the options)
    Real life been busy, so catching up, but wanted to reply to this as I didn't see anyone else reply.

This is only partially true. Moving Target's strafe speed buff only applies when ADS, yes, but the aim assistance buff is always on.

Yeah, moving target is basically a flat +10 aim assist with a side benefit of also maybe letting you strafe faster while ADS.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Yeah, moving target is basically a flat +10 aim assist with a side benefit of also maybe letting you strafe faster while ADS.

Huh. Today I learned! That's pretty neat

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

isn't that just like a week before the end of the season? Do they normally not reveal it until the last minute?

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

isn't that just like a week before the end of the season? Do they normally not reveal it until the last minute?

We had nothing revealed about this season until hours before launch.

In this case though, this is liable to be hype for lightfall the next expansion.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

We had nothing revealed about this season until hours before launch.

In this case though, this is liable to be hype for lightfall the next expansion.

Yeah, it's interesting that they're apparently doing the big expansion reveal halfway through the current one rather then at the start of the final season. Must mean that the 'prelude' of sorts is starting early this time.