Options

[Playstation 5] Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6 Billion

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Well the Edge is up on the US site but the site also refuses to work for me across 2 different browsers on my phone or on my desktop and I am getting very annoyed!

If it helps, I had no issue getting it ordered on Chrome, using the link from the PS Blog (in US).

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Well the Edge is up on the US site but the site also refuses to work for me across 2 different browsers on my phone or on my desktop and I am getting very annoyed!

If it helps, I had no issue getting it ordered on Chrome, using the link from the PS Blog (in US).

I tried again using edge this time (lol) and it worked.

Thanks though!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Nioh 2's a neat pickup. Not the enhanced edition or whatever they have, but still cool. Despite bouncing off the first game, I had been side-eying 2 because people have been hyping it up.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I have been waiting on a deep enough sale for Nioh 2 and I think this counts. Probably still pick up all the dlc packs as well since I enjoyed the first game so much.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Bugsnax is down to $10, which I think is as cheap as it's ever been.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So I finally have been knocking one of my bucket list games off my list with the Shenmue trilogy. I'm about three quarters through the first Shenmue right now and I'm losing steam on it with the constantly having to wait the clock out to do stuff. I'm on day three of my working as a forklift driver. I'm getting very tired of having to race the forklift every day, then having to play the boring forklift mini game, and then wait out the lunch clock, then more boring forklift mini game, then waiting out the remaining of the day clock just to do it again the next 'day.' Also not being able to skip or fast forward the cut scenes that play out exactly the same is driving me mad.

I will say, the awful 90's voice acting in this game is hilarious. The voice work is soooo bad lol.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Its not that bad if you hit all the required events in the minimum 5 days. Far worse if you keep repeating it for weeks just to make it to the handful of christmas scenes... because the game will unfortunately railroad you to a conclusion after you finish the required job stuff.

• Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So I finally have been knocking one of my bucket list games off my list with the Shenmue trilogy. I'm about three quarters through the first Shenmue right now and I'm losing steam on it with the constantly having to wait the clock out to do stuff. I'm on day three of my working as a forklift driver. I'm getting very tired of having to race the forklift every day, then having to play the boring forklift mini game, and then wait out the lunch clock, then more boring forklift mini game, then waiting out the remaining of the day clock just to do it again the next 'day.' Also not being able to skip or fast forward the cut scenes that play out exactly the same is driving me mad.

I will say, the awful 90's voice acting in this game is hilarious. The voice work is soooo bad lol.

Have you played the Yakuza series? It's the same basic idea as Shenmue only vastly better implemented.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Have you played the Yakuza series? It's the same basic idea as Shenmue only vastly better implemented.
    yeah, Yakuza is actually super good and shenmue is horribly awful, so the quality gap is like 3 universes wide

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Also Kazuma Kiryu is one of the best video game protagonists ever.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Also Kazuma Kiryu is one of the best video game protagonists ever.

And Ichiban is even better!

• Options

I haven't actually. I love the idea of the game and I'm hoping Shenmue 2 some of the issues from the first, but I'll have to check one of those out after I'm done with these.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
  • Options

I haven't actually. I love the idea of the game and I'm hoping Shenmue 2 some of the issues from the first, but I'll have to check one of those out after I'm done with these.

There's a bunch of them and this might spark some debate, but I think the overall consensus is Yakuza 0 will probably give newcomers the best first impression. And the name is a bit of a misnomer, it's not like GTA at all - the tiny, tiny amount of actual Yakuzaing in the game is there just for plot and is quickly abandoned. You won't be shaking down civilians at all; you'll be beating up on Yakuza when you're not bowling or singing karaoke or any one of the bazillions of things you can do.

Oh, and if you need any further convincing, here is the grand prize you can win in Yakuza 0 if you enter a bowling competition:
    6zk12cx2b6ez.jpg?auto=webp&s=a7febf9c435470c5384a0b1d032d971f8358a06d

Nugget will go on to manage real estate for you. I'm not kidding.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

yeah, Yakuza is actually super good and shenmue is horribly awful, so the quality gap is like 3 universes wide

It doesn't really make any sense, but I almost feel like you have go into Shenmue as an experience rather than a game. Again, I know it doesn't make any sense, but I feel like Shenmue fans get it. It's just a cool world to exist in.

Also, at the time of it's release it was a pretty big deal, although yeah, probably not so much know.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Yea, back when I still had my Dreamcast and stupidly traded it in, Shenmue was the one franchise from that time period I never got into. So I'm making that up now. Getting rid of my Dreamcast is my biggest regret in this hobby.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular

There's a bunch of them and this might spark some debate, but I think the overall consensus is Yakuza 0 will probably give newcomers the best first impression. And the name is a bit of a misnomer, it's not like GTA at all - the tiny, tiny amount of actual Yakuzaing in the game is there just for plot and is quickly abandoned. You won't be shaking down civilians at all; you'll be beating up on Yakuza when you're not bowling or singing karaoke or any one of the bazillions of things you can do.

Oh, and if you need any further convincing, here is the grand prize you can win in Yakuza 0 if you enter a bowling competition:

I'd agree that 0 is the best first impression with the caveat that, if you decide to continue with the series, the first few entries are reaaaaaal bumpy in terms of quality. Kiwami 1 is very meh, Kiwami 2 is quite good and then Yakuza 3 is almost fully agreed on as the least good one. After that is much smoother sailing.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

I'd agree that 0 is the best first impression with the caveat that, if you decide to continue with the series, the first few entries are reaaaaaal bumpy in terms of quality. Kiwami 1 is very meh, Kiwami 2 is quite good and then Yakuza 3 is almost fully agreed on as the least good one. After that is much smoother sailing.

I said this before, but by going in chronological order, you are doing the equivilant of playing Megaman 6, then X, then X2, then MM2. To give more context, remember that this is basically the developmental release order of the games:

-Yakuza 3
    -Yakuza 4
    -Yakuza 5
    -Yakuza 0
    -Yakuza Kiwami
    -Yakuza 6
    -Yakuza Kiwami 2

3 and 4 are virtually identical to each other. 5 is also extremely similar, but as you'll find out is also very similar to 0 in design which came next. 0 and K1 are again identical. 6 is the first introduction of the Dragon Engine, which gets refined in K2. Which makes 6 good, but not as tight as K2 (you can't even explore the northern point of Kamerocho or the Champion district).

I have just last night put the final nail into Yakuza 6 It has been a wild fucking rollercoster, both narratively and mechanically. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    3/4/5 are deffo pretty dated by comparison to the rest of them.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    The absolute biggest hurdle is definitely going from Dragon Engine K2 to ol' PS3 game 3. But once you're fully adapted to 3, 4 and 5 chase down much easier.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I played shenmue on my Dreamcast back in 2000! It was very interesting then, I did enjoy being in that world.
    now it aged terribly, and it's a miserable experience unless you're going into it with an archeologist-like frame of mind. Purely as a game, EVERYTHING ELSE that came after it surpassed it by light-years. GTA, RDR, Yakuzas, even Animal Crossing. Any game that makes you feel "in a world" is a more fun thing to do.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2022
    I started Yakuza with 0 and then jumped into Like a Dragon and I've been thoroughly entertained.

Ichiban is a hoot and the turn based fighting is rad.

And I get to run board meetings with a chicken so.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    As much as I enjoy Yakuza, you can't really compare it with Shenmue. Shenmue is more of a intimate world where you get to know literally everyone there and live a quiet little life(mostly, at least in the first). Yakuza is more of a bigger experience.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    As much as I enjoy Yakuza, you can't really compare it with Shenmue. Shenmue is more of a intimate world where you get to know literally everyone there and live a quiet little life(mostly, at least in the first). Yakuza is more of a bigger experience.

I can sort of see that. At the same time, something magical happens when you go through 7 Yakuza games. You really get to know the main character of the series... Kamerocho. I mean 7 games and I still can barely tell the difference between Showa and Senryo aves, and I still can't properly navigate the one specific back alley to Kyushu No. 1, but I've still gotten to know the whole city like the back of my hand. I can't think of any other game or series that has kept the same exact map for that many games. It led to a weird moment in 6 where I realized that in modeling the game, they got the back stairwell behind Serena/Sky Finance completely backwards. Going up those stairs so many times starting from the left side, yeah I instantly noticed how wrong it was when they started on the right.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I think we can thank(?) Shenmue for establishing the name Quick Time Event.
    It definitely didn't invent them, but I think it used that name for them, and it caught on.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I started Yakuza with 0 and then jumped into Like a Dragon and I've been thoroughly entertained.

Ichiban is a hoot and the turn based fighting is rad.

And I get to run board meetings with a chicken so.

I wonder if I should go back to LAG. It's my only Yakuza game so far - I started to get bored after you run into the one faction that uses information as their strength.

• Options
    I wonder if I should go back to 5 - that's the only one I couldn't finish. Taiga's section broke me. First nigh-endless farting around in jail, then nigh-endless farting around in the hunting village, then farting around in a city that seemed to have zero bearing on the overall plot. Also the taxi racing was a letdown after the racing in LAD.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Super fun looking

https://youtu.be/CIk2EqzY_LE

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I don't know why the name Forspoken is so weird to me but it is. So much so that I just can't get hyped for it lol.

• Options
    I'm finally at a place in Elex where I am a god killing machine. It took a bit but now I'm able to Cyclopes and Trolls without worry.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'm finally at a place in Elex where I am a god killing machine. It took a bit but now I'm able to Cyclopes and Trolls without worry.

I always love discovering new and unusual ways to get to that point in eurojank RPGs. Though nothing has felt quite as satisfying as unleashing death by magic anvil rain in Two Worlds II.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Oh man I bought Two Worlds a long time ago. I really need to get to it. I need my kids to go to their grandparents house for a week or two and I just blitz through my backlog lol.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Finally ordered a PS5, should arrive tomorrow. I've been waiting to play DMC5, Cyberpunk, and Ghost of Tsushima. Glad I can finally get started on one of those, probably Cyberpunk.

• Options
    Yea Forspoken looks cool as hell.

I'm p excited to play around with the magic and fun traversal.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Finally ordered a PS5, should arrive tomorrow. I've been waiting to play DMC5, Cyberpunk, and Ghost of Tsushima. Glad I can finally get started on one of those, probably Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk is in the best place it can be at this point, though there's still the occasional stutter/drop to 25fps on PS5 when the particles effects and physics start going all over the place, but it's gorgeous and the load times are better than my PC.

If you didn't play Ghosts on PS4, I'd recommend it second, just an amazingly beautiful game and while no Sekiro hard, rhe combat is beefy enough to provide a good challenge and still allow for moments to just go ham and be a whirlwind of death.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm playing Cyberpunk on my PS5 right now, and it's running fine for me. A few bugs, but nothing really beyond the pale for a complex open world game, and nothing really hilarious.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Yeah, I'm playing Cyberpunk on my PS5 right now, and it's running fine for me. A few bugs, but nothing really beyond the pale for a complex open world game, and nothing really hilarious.

Calling your ride can still trigger some "Roach on roof" level shit the last few patches/now. I've had a motorcycle drive up a pier out of the sea (not jump, it literally drove up a support like it was a flat road and not straight up), a second copy of my car appear under the first spawn of my ride, after the first one loaded clipped in a gate and exploded immediately, etc...

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Calling your ride can still trigger some "Roach on roof" level shit the last few patches/now. I've had a motorcycle drive up a pier out of the sea (not jump, it literally drove up a support like it was a flat road and not straight up), a second copy of my car appear under the first spawn of my ride, after the first one loaded clipped in a gate and exploded immediately, etc...

Feature!

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options

Aw, I'm kind of jealous. Funniest thing that happened to me when I called my car is that I saw it in the distance, it drove right toward me, then just kept on going and going and going to lord knows where.

This discussion has been closed.