As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2022! It's over!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It's too late, I got my match and my excitement is completely uncontained.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Nope! I’m usually late on the list but now I know already!

My excitement is unbounded!

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Yeah I made it all of half a day. I eagerly await round 1 receipt. 😁

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I got my match and now I'm in full on imposter syndrome I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DO THIS WITH YOU FOLKS! mode.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I went through the same thing as most years.

Get a message with the name of my Satanee and think "Huh, who's that? I don't think I know that person." Look them up, see the avatar and go "Ohhh it's you!"

You're all just tiny square pictures to me

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Now I get to play my favorite game

How many PMs can I get while this is going on and how crazy will the "unread" notifications icon make me.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Santa, I'm going to try and update my wishlist post over the next few days to add more detail.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I got my match, I'm planning things in my head. Gonna make a list when I get home...oh yea

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Excellent, the parabolic gifting cannon initial payload shall impact the target shortly…

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    A package arrived, shortly after my dad had told me something he ordered was coming to my house.

I asked “is it small and light?”. He said yup, and just came by to pick it up. Alas, it was smaller and lighter than he expected... it was a gift from Satan!

The end is nigh. Or is the beginning?
    From Naphtali

j72zp3nchhyu.jpg
    Ah, haha, Ragnarok! Of course!
    6behwbg848kp.jpg

Awesome, I really enjoyed the last one so I expect this should be great as well. Thank you so much!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    nah someone over in G&T beat me.

good movie though

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    It's low key stressful when a shipper gives a one week window.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    To be fair, today should have been an early opening salvo but now I worry that something went wrong with shipping despite otherwise indicated. Don’t fuck this up for me FedEx… 😑

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    nah someone over in G&T beat me.

good movie though

I dunno, that looked all digital, so this seems to be the first physical gift

PHYRST BLOOD

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hey Satan! Thanks for giving!

axw7c9z7z7jf.png
    I received this package on Tuesday (sorry for the delay in posting!)

So I opened it up and...

60ogl5queo98.png
    It was a US Men's National Team World Cup jersey! And just in time for the game tomorrow against England where the US will shock the world and get 3 points!

Thanks Ben! (it didn't have a note just your billing name, hope its okay I post that!)

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Goose! wrote: »
    Hey Satan! Thanks for giving!

axw7c9z7z7jf.png
    I received this package on Tuesday (sorry for the delay in posting!)

So I opened it up and...

60ogl5queo98.png
    It was a US Men's National Team World Cup jersey! And just in time for the game tomorrow against England where the US will shock the world and get 3 points!

Thanks Ben! (it didn't have a note just your billing name, hope its okay I post that!)

Absolutely! Nothing to worry about there @Goose! glad you like it! Yeah it didn’t give me an option sadly to put a message and I’m glad FedEx didn’t screw up the fast shipping because I definitively wanted you to have the jersey ready to go for when we make up for letting 3 get away from us against Wales. I too will be in kit, though it’ll be my 1994 USMNT home jersey.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Wore the hell outta that thing but despite my efforts they only managed a draw. Looked good though!

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Wore the hell outta that thing but despite my efforts they only managed a draw. Looked good though!

Draw puts us in good spot to advance solidly with a win against Iran. I’ll take it.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I got some pickles today, but there's no gift receipt so I'm unsure if it's from Satans/G&T or from the Steam Chat Santa. I'll just post to both :)
    4fchc81nilba.jpg
    Thanks for the pickles! I'll try to do some snooping and shopping either later today or tomorrow for my target :naughty:

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My gifts are on their way! Now the long wait begins....

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    urp771zih9xj.gif
    I have been gifted!

j6vxcs3ivn97.png

Midnight Suns wasn't on my radar until some previews came out recently that compared it to a Marvel Fire Emblem complete with hang-out time between missions and after the line "do yoga with Blade" popped up, I knew I was in. Good sleuthing @Kendrik and thank you again!

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Naphtali > Noggin

Blackhawk1313 > Goose

Kendrik > Fig-D

? > Handkor

? > KoopahTroopah

I now have The Chain by Fleetwood Mac stuck in my head, just like I did last year every time I updated this list. It's basically become a Christmas song for me now.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    jcq43l86zdsg.gif
    I have launched my gifts. They should be there on Sunday.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I haven't shopped on Amazon at all this year, but Black Friday deals and a 30 day Prime trial make me feel like I'm cheating the system just long enough to send Satan gifts.

#pipe on
  • Options
    @Goose! time to prove their is some magic in that jersey, get us the win!

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Estimated delivery window ended today. Time for ~*~anxiety~*~

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    In a strange turn of events, I have made snap executive decisions instead of my normal hemming and hawing about gifts and just did the damn thing.

Now we wait.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Thing 1 has been shipped - the game is afoot!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I decided to include a think I will be making this year. This means I now have to get off my lazy butt and do a thing this weekend.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So I got a package today but I'm not sure if it's from my Secret Santa.

It was addressed to Fidel, which isn't my first name, but had my last name.

There was no note either.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I decided to include a think I will be making this year. This means I now have to get off my lazy butt and do a thing this weekend.

Hey me too!
    Also I was eyeing the partially completed gift I have for you, and remembered I need to get off my butt for that as well.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I have been struck again, but still no reveal. So again, unsure if this is Steam chat or G&T/Satans so posting in both!
    p331uxmbb1rv.png
    Thank you Santa for the book! I haven't heard of this series (or at least I don't remember it) but it sounds very fun and I will probably start it before diving into the next Dresden.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I got that book and the second in that series last year!

They're real real good, you're in for a treat

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    There's a 3rd book out for the series now as well.

I highly recommend reading the first 2 through again though.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Yessssss yesss gooooood

• Options
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

A package received!
    ijbf87q1lqq9.jpg
    lxje2wnsob02.jpg

ryuty6u7yjej.jpg

It's an advent calendar! Of Tea!

I've been meaning to get an advent calendar, normally it's just standard chocolate but now thanks to Satan, I'm going to drink so much fuckin tea!

Love you Satan <3

Obligatory security review:
    eo30ao3orumk.jpg

• Options
    Is that a cat bed that's just a straight up cardboard box? That feels kind of genius.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    It is!
    I've tried soft, plush cat beds, I've tried firm cat beds, I've tried different fabrics, nothing has has even come close to this one.
    What I also like about it, is that it's got 3 layers of cardboard in it, so when she scratches it up enough, or if she has a hairball in it, I don't have to throw it all away - I just take out one layer and one bed can last like two years.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Cross posted from G&T's Secret Santa thread
    see317 wrote: »
    pvau5mlgie4r.png

Heard some swearing from the delivery gentleman as they hauled a stack of boxes to my door, so I brought the stack in from the cold.
    7edkmxpdct96.jpg

I know I've been ordering stuff, but not this much stuff.
    Opening boxes and bags to rule out stuff that I expected leaves the following surprises:
    vbt2zkbfimjf.jpg
    Nice, I do enjoy collecting these mini-consoles. A lot of fun games that I wasn't able to play back in the day.
    There was no note included in this one, so I'm guessingit's the same Santa as the others.

Now, let's explore those Amazon wrapping bags...
    First one yields yet another bag...
    k3bv4hmtkxcd.jpg

Weighted with shiny metal dice.
    pv6iddb2urdi.jpg
    Because no dice goblin can have enough dice.

And, the other bag yields... yet another bag!
    byv9sjvbyhrw.jpg
    Storage for my aforementioned dice hoard. (Kirby was already on my desk).

And, altogether:
    l5w46ox25g3c.jpg

Many thanks @Handkor . This is all awesome stuff.