Options

G&T Secret Santa Thread (2022): Until the next jingle time…

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Wishlist post, I'm in damnit.
    I have a Series S and a Switch, but there's not a ton I need for either unless there's something real weird.

I like weird foods, snacks from areas of the world that I might not think to try. I do most of the cooking for the house, but I have most of what I would need for the kitchen. Weird spices or sauces maybe? I dunno. I do have a mild egg allergy though, so careful there please. ;)

My Amazon wishlist is anemic. Not a lot I care about, but have at it.
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/11AJYD51J76C9?ref_=wl_share

Also my Steam account ID is 76561197970666737.

I have a seven year old daughter who's big into Pokemon, so there's that as well I suppose. No more stuffies for the love of all that is good and holy, but she is a huge fan of birds. If it has wings and she can flap them she's all in.

I dunno, good luck?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Had to take last year off due to some very sad circumstances, but I'm ready for this year.

Wishlist:
    Mostly do Switch, and PC gaming. Have a PS4, as well, but I'm starting to prioritize PC. My steam profile is in my sig.
    Big JRPG guy, so if there are any hidden gems in the genre you think I should play, by all means.
    Big thing I've been doing since the pandemic is FFXIV, so stuff related to that is welcome (though I have the databooks and cookbook already).
    Also into anime, especially shit like One Piece, so that's also welcome.

Amazon Wishlist

Big event this year is that I bought a house, so some good housewarming stuff (tools, artwork, things like that) would be most welcome. Considering getting into carpentry, as the garage comes with a nice workbench and pegboard, but I think that might be a little bit pricy for this kind of thing (not that I would say 'no', mind you).

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I really want to participate so bad, but I'm still doing various interviews trying to get a new job. I don't want to miss my first year since I started participating. Or at least I think I haven't missed any years so far.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    List updated here: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/246065/secret-satans-2022-sign-up-before-november-17th#latest

- if you don't find yourself on there and you've emailed secretsatans2022@gmail.com, please send me ( @brolo ) a PM and we'll get it sorted!

You've got about 15 hours left to sign up!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Post spot held for Wishlist updates

edit: Oh I guess I need to have this done relatively soon
    Sup. I never know what to write in these, and I'm pretty sure I just copy and paste the same thing every year. But this year I guess I should come up with something better.

During the pandemic, a lot of stuff that kept me distracted/sane was pro wrestling (mostly AEW, lots of TJPW), baseball, music, and pirate Game Center CX streams on Twitch

If you're gonna go the gaming way, when I have mental energy to fight off ennui and play games, I mostly play on PC and Steam Deck. I just play a lot of Spelunky, Slay the Spire, and now Vampire Survivors.
    I'm not too hard to find online. I have no qualms about breaking the social contract of Secret Santa and answering questions you may have, if it's via a Proxy or from you, or from you pretending to be a proxy (which has happened)

I wear a size Large shirt.

I do not have any food allergies or dietary restrictions/religious restrictions.

Anyway, if all else fails, send stuff you would like and that you would want to try and expose me to. That's always a fun part of Secret Santa.

I'm not a fan of the horror genre and I used to have a thing in here about how I hate slider puzzles. I still do.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Okay, I think I got in right before the deadline. Took off last year for reasons, but I think I have the energy and mindspace this year to bring some cheer again this year.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Hey, signups are now closed, probably be a day or two before matches start going out. If you have signed up and don't see yourself on the list here:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/45119167/#Comment_45119167

can you send me a PM?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I had to skip for the first time in 13(!) years, but it's to make sure my niece gets a nice Christmas so I hope you all understand the sacrifice.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Hey, signups are now closed, probably be a day or two before matches start going out. If you have signed up and don't see yourself on the list here:

can you send me a PM?

should we be getting assignments through forum messages or email?

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options

can you send me a PM?

Forum messages - keep an eye on your PM box!

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular

can you send me a PM?

Forum messages - keep an eye on your PM box!

Usually in time for Black Friday shopping.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Matches should start rolling out today!

We tend to split up the list so you will be getting your PM from different people. Try to control the excitement!

Happy Hunting!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    It_Has_Begun.mp4

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    It_Has_Begun.mp4

A man screams MORTAL KOMBAT!!! in the distance.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Here's some more Christmas cheer in video game form for your stalking/shopping. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas! Let's go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M67NqDdJ5C0

Steam: offday
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Excited to start stalking my Sante but as per personal tradition I won't be doing it until b after Thanksgiving, with the first glass of eggnog at hand.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    urp771zih9xj.gif

Merry F*ing Early Xmas to me wow. I've already been gifted for this year. Rapid Digital Delivery too.
    By Proxy wrote:
    Happy Holidays! Saw you were looking for some Switch games and these seemed like some good picks based on what you already had! Animal Crossing and Links Awakening in particular might be interesting to your kids as well. I think Three Hopes is a sequel to Three Houses (though a Warriors game instead of a Fire Emblem game), if that helps. Anyway, hope you get some fun out of them!
    Animal Crossing New Horizons: *******************
    Legend of Zelda Links Awakening: *****************
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses: ****************
    Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes: *****************

Thank you very very much, I'm late to the switch party and there is a big library to build up. I kept eyeing the latest Fire Emblem games so your timing is great. For Link's Awakening I was currently playing on the Zelda G&W system and I will gladly start a new play-through on the switch simply to have to do less menu and item switching.

Never played any Animal Crossing and I've heard that they are dangerously addictive so that should be fun.

Handkor on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I got some pickles today, but there's no gift receipt so I'm unsure if it's from Satans/G&T or from the Steam Chat Santa. I'll just post to both :)
    4fchc81nilba.jpg
    Thanks for the pickles! I'll try to do some snooping and shopping either later today or tomorrow for my target :naughty:

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    My jealousy over pickles is intense.

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    I love pickles! But...pumpickles sounds...hideous.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Pum like Pumpkin?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    Pum like Pumpkin?

That's what I assumed...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'll let you know the verdict later lol. We are intrigued.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Idk my partner picked a bunch of stuff this last summer that I was unsure of and they all ended up being great. Though I have no idea what part of the pumpkin they would use

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    The meat, I’d imagine.

• Options
    p33xdhs81h2i.jpg
    What about pickle beer?

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    What about pickle beer?

I would drink the CRAP out of that! One of my favorite beers was a Cucumber Sour that I had in a bar in Seattle and my go-to mixed drink is a Bloody Mary. What brewery is that from?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    The meat, I’d imagine.

I'll be honest, I assumed it was cucumbers with pumpkin spice in the pickling. If it's actually pickled pumpkins I'd be WAY more interested.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kendrik wrote: »
    What about pickle beer?

I would drink the CRAP out of that! One of my favorite beers was a Cucumber Sour that I had in a bar in Seattle and my go-to mixed drink is a Bloody Mary. What brewery is that from?

Martin House out of Ft. Worth!

They have tons of variants of their pickle beer. Spicy, Bloody Mary, Bread and Butter, Blue Raspberry. Highly recommend them.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My gifts are on their way! Now the long wait begins....

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    What about pickle beer?

They have tons of variants of their pickle beer. Spicy, Bloody Mary, Bread and Butter, Blue Raspberry. Highly recommend them.

I wonder if Spec's or Goody sells them or if I have to buy direct from them. Hmmm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    urp771zih9xj.gif

I have been gifted!

j6vxcs3ivn97.png

Midnight Suns wasn't on my radar until some previews came out recently that compared it to a Marvel Fire Emblem complete with hang-out time between missions and after the line "do yoga with Blade" popped up, I knew I was in. Good sleuthing @Kendrik and thank you again!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    What about pickle beer?

I wonder if Spec's or Goody sells them or if I have to buy direct from them. Hmmm.

I see you're in Lewisville, so Specs should have them. Trader Joe's too.

• Options
    edited November 2022

So they're basically sweet pickles, if you've had them before. These are really freaking good though. A little sour, but in sweet sauce with pumpkin spices. Actually, pumpkin spiced pickles is a good way to explain this.

Kat also likes the Dill, we haven't opened the carrots yet. So thanks again secret santa!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    jcq43l86zdsg.gif
    I have launched my gifts. They should be there on Sunday.

• Options
    Hooray! Gifts Ordered

• Options

So they're basically sweet pickles, if you've had them before. These are really freaking good though. A little sour, but in sweet sauce with pumpkin spices. Actually, pumpkin spiced pickles is a good way to explain this.

Kat also likes the Dill, we haven't opened the carrots yet. So thanks again secret santa!

Hmm...pumpkin spiced sweet pickles sounds less gross than pumpkin spiced dill pickles which is what my brain conjured and I might be convinced to try them. The other two sound amazing, though. Great gifts, though! Weird food stuff is fun!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Pickles and anything pickled are gross. Fight me.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

giphy.gif

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

giphy.gif

Peace, buddy. It's cool that Dover doesn't like pickles.
    That just means more pickles for the rest of us.

This discussion has been closed.