As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Nintendo] thread, starring Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Normal type eevelution.

Eevvvvvee.

It's special ability reverses gravity.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Eeveryeon. Ability: Protean.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Normal type eevelution.

I would respect the hustle.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Dragon type Eevee is basically just Spyro

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Dragon type Eevee is basically just Spyro

Yes, perfect

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Normal type eevelution.

Steveon.

Einzel on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Boreon

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    We have a normal Eevee Evolution, it’s called Dynamax Eevee

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Galar sank between games. No one can do that thing ever again.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm mildly annoyed that I did an npc trade for a galarian meowth and did not get a pokedex entry when I evolved it into perrserker

It's in this game, why isn't it in the pokedex??

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    They put the Galarian forms in here?

• Options
    edited December 2022
    edit: The question so nice I asked it twice

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    The trailer looks like this movie is going to have a ton of locations and stuff from the games (though it'll probably be mostly cameos and "blink and you'll miss it" stuff).

Big question is what will the inevitable post credit scene be?

My guess: Rosalina
    My hope: Geno and Smithy
    0 chance in hell: Bowsette

025b945b11iw.png

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    The trailer looks like this movie is going to have a ton of locations and stuff from the games (though it'll probably be mostly cameos and "blink and you'll miss it" stuff).

025b945b11iw.png

Wario and Waluigi challenge Peach to a tennis championship to decide the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom while secretly making evil clones of the main characters.

Super Mario 2: Doubles or Nothing

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    You are all thinking way too small. The post credits scene is going to be Link showing up.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    They put the Galarian forms in here?

Just one, you get it as a gift from a professor.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I could see a Charles Martinet cameo as Wario as a mid-credits stinger. He will then be replaced by Mickey Rourke for the sequel.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I could see a Charles Martinet cameo as Wario as a mid-credits stinger. He will then be replaced by Mickey Rourke for the sequel.

A perfect "Its-a-me!" before switching to "WARIO!"

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    You are all thinking way too small. The post credits scene is going to be Link showing up.

COLORS WEAV-

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

COLORS WEAV-

All things considered? I'd be okay with that, just because whatever happens it'll be entertaining one way or another.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So I guess the Charizard event is actually really easy?
    Marril was in fact the best option and Sylveon with light screen basically neuters him

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Do you have to have Nintendo online for these scavio events?

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular

Only on Fridays.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »

A shot of Bowser Jr. holding his dad's dead body and swearing revenge on Mario

Post credit scene of second movie is Bowser Jr licking his wounds and then all the Koopa Kids come in.

I actually see this as being the most likely throughline.
    • Movie 2 is SMB3 with the Koopa Kids and their magic wands.
    • Movie 3 is Yoshi's Island. It's a prequel staring Yoshi.
    • Movie 4 is Sunshine. Bowser Junior is introduced.
    • Movie 5 is Galaxy. Rosalina is introduced.

They'll never do any of the RPG characters or the Mario Land/Wario Anything characters. Those games weren't made by the primary Nintendo studio, so they pretty much always get snubbed outside of sports spin-offs that need big rosters.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Wasn't land just another team not another studio?

Anyway based on the way that they seem to be just throwing everything at the wall I get the sense that they don't expect to get to make another one of these. Nintendo is pretty controlling of their properties so.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Post credit scene of second movie is Bowser Jr licking his wounds and then all the Koopa Kids come in.

I actually see this as being the most likely throughline.
    • Movie 2 is SMB3 with the Koopa Kids and their magic wands.
    • Movie 3 is Yoshi's Island. It's a prequel staring Yoshi.
    • Movie 4 is Sunshine. Bowser Junior is introduced.
    • Movie 5 is Galaxy. Rosalina is introduced.

They'll never do any of the RPG characters or the Mario Land/Wario Anything characters. Those games weren't made by the primary Nintendo studio, so they pretty much always get snubbed outside of sports spin-offs that need big rosters.

The trailer has a line about other galaxies, they are definitely logjamming Rosalina in here

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Mario RPG's original characters are owned by Square, Nintendo can't use them without their permission.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Wasn't land just another team not another studio?

Anyway based on the way that they seem to be just throwing everything at the wall I get the sense that they don't expect to get to make another one of these. Nintendo is pretty controlling of their properties so.

Nintendo runs multiple in-house development studios, but team is probably a more accurate term for the sake of simplicity.

The mainline Super Mario games originated under what was then R&D 4, which is now EPD Group 8. The Mario Land series originated under what was then R&D 1, which is EPD Group 7.

Wario as a character and his takeover of the Mario Land series was inspired by R&D 1's relationship to R&D 4. They saw themselves as the scrappy, rebellious innovators compared to R&D 4's safer and more traditional style. They wanted to have their own ugly and rude version of R&D 4's squeaky clean mascot.

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Pokemon scarlet/violet credits
    Sure didn't expect ed sheeran music to just pop up

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I really hope we get both a new 3D Mario soon, since it's been so long since odyssey... But also I'd like a good 2D Mario. Or at least something in the vein of 3D world

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I really hope we get both a new 3D Mario soon, since it's been so long since odyssey... But also I'd like a good 2D Mario. Or at least something in the vein of 3D world

I know the whole industry was hit hard by the pandemic, but it feels like Nintendo especially was derailed. I mean, other than Pokemon and Bayonetta, what other tentpoles have they put out lately?

Then again it feels like they are still struggling with modern HD stuff, mostly thanks to the Switch's age at this point.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

I know the whole industry was hit hard by the pandemic, but it feels like Nintendo especially was derailed. I mean, other than Pokemon and Bayonetta, what other tentpoles have they put out lately?

Then again it feels like they are still struggling with modern HD stuff, mostly thanks to the Switch's age at this point.

splatoon 3, xenoblade chronicles 3, kirby and the forgotten land, nintendo switch sports, fire emblem warriors three houses, mario strikers

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I stand corrected!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    a lot of it is that nintendo has a lot more niche releases now when most people historically still keep an eye on their adventure games and platformers

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Fuck how is there a new Fire Emblem out next month

• Options
    A dedication to the unchanging schedule regardless of issues and quality assurance being sidelined

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    A dedication to the unchanging schedule regardless of issues and quality assurance being sidelined

the previous fire emblem was july 2019, 3 and a half years isn't crazy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

This isn't the Warriors sequel?

• Options

No, that came out a while ago. Engage is in January iirc?

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

No, that came out a while ago. Engage is in January iirc?

Huh, completely missed that it had already released