As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D SECRET SANTA] 2022: Classy Boogaloo [Begin Gifting!]

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    The cannon has fired.

Ho. Ho. Ho.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    All right, here is the List of Wishes!

Edited from last year!
    ----

I failed utterly last year to get into DIY wireless LEDs, so I'm hoping for some things in that realm:
    - This is the strip in question from 1-4 meters: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1461?length=1
    - Lots of other options in this vein, basically anything in the realm will work.
    - Especially challenging seems to be finding the right enclosure to contain an ESP8266 microcontroller. I have none of this kit - enclosures or the microcontrollers themselves.

This means I'm going to have to learn how to solder. Do you need like a vent hood for that? I don't know! I have a soldering iron on my amazon wishlist but ??? It's a journey. Maybe get me an online class? A project that needs soldering that would be easy? The folks at Adafruit have lots of little DIY project collections, anything that glows is fun and would help build my skillset.

- Bel and I play a ton of co-op! PC co-op games would be excellent.
    - Speaking of steam, my wishlist is accurate and ranked! https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/spool32/#sort=order

- MCU Tony Stark is my hero. Iron Man shit is my shit, especially artwork (but figurines are not desired). I have had my eye on a display version of the ARC Reactor. Last year Secret Santa got me a Stark Industries corporate HR welcome kit, but I'm still a fan and love stuff in this vein.

- I play D&D! If you have an adventure from the community that you really love, get it for me on DMs Guild or DriveThruRPG! Also physical stuff like screens, dice (I like deep greens), a tray or a roller, these sorts of things would be super cool. No figurines though, I don't have a place for any minis.

- I cook a lot. I have most of the basics and a lot of nice kit at this point but there are a few gaps in my arsenal. Please poke Belasco32 or Blameless Cleric, they know what I'm missing. In particular right now I'm going to discard several cutting boards by the end of the year, I don't have silicon baking mats anymore, and I'd love to have a conical sieve / colander. I only have the bowl shaped ones and they're suboptimal. Also I have been... tempted... to try making jam, that lasts a long time? Like, in a jar that seals that you can save. I don't know how to do that at all.
    - if you've got recipes you love or a cookbook you live in, or some regional things you'd like me to attempt please send that! I will do that shit on camera for your amusement!

- You could help me hang all our art! We really need help. We don't know what frames look good or how to get them for less than one million dollars each and we have so much art on shelves or rolled in tubes. Maybe like a skillshare class on how to hang shit on a wall so it doesn't look bad? Save me from hiring an interior decorator.

Finally, do you make a thing? I'd like that thing! Stuff you created is primo.

Looking forward to this year!

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    List time:

Baby stuff!
    I'm having a baby basically right at Christmas, so baby/little kid stuff would be greatly appreciated! We have most of the major furniture, play items, and formula stuff, but any sort of small or medium sized gift that can either entertain a baby or make our lives easier would be helpful!

Stuff for cats!
    We have four adorable, somewhat chaotic cats. Treats, toys, scratchers, and other cat related gifts welcome. New multi-level scratchers are always appreciated as our cats love to hang out in them for a while before they get bored until the next furniture rearranging. My wife also loves cat related things, so any sort of cat object would be appreciated.

Interests:
    • I play a lot of videogame. PC, PS5, or Switch. I play a lot of RPGs and Metroidvanias. I'd prefer lesser known titles to mainstream ones, since I'll probably get around to most mainstream titles. Steam name Milski, avatar is Dr. McNinja. Don't focus on the wishlist except maybe the very recent stuff; I dunno if you can stalk what games I've bought but that's a better metric.
    • Cute stuffed animals! We like all sorts of gaming related cute plushes.
    • Kirby stuff. Kirbyyyyyyyyyyyy.
    • Tabletop games: I own a lot of Dominion-likes (Dominion, Legendary, Puzzle Strike), but I'm interested in most games. Stuff that's two player compatible would be best!
    • Food: I'm always trying to expand my cooking knowledge. Recipes would be nice, as well as homemade/local food. I like spicy, but I don't really like jalepenos, if that matters.
    • Cocktail stuff: I don't drink a ton, but I do enjoy making weird cocktails, so any unique recipes, local liquor, or bar supplies that are both generally useful and more complicated than a shaker would be neat.
    • Comics: I have read a bit but haven't really gotten into them. I tend to like more of what I've seen from Marvel, though. All the quirky new comics that get discussed in [Chat]? They tend to interest me.
    • Music: Point me in the direction of good music! Basically any genre is acceptable. Buying a physical album is probably not as helpful as some links.
    • Books: Good literature is a blast! Again, not picky on the genre. Though I do feel the need to buy Lindsay Ellis's Axiom's End but haven't gotten around to it :wink:
    • Cool local stuff: Self explanatory!

Eh:
    • NSFW: I'm not opposed to the idea but I don't really use toys and don't want NSFW decorations.
    • Gift cards/cash: Kinda dull but if you don't want to risk gifting me something I already have a gift card+buy this wouldn't be bad.
    • Clothes: I don't really accessorize much and my wardrobe is passable. If you have a really cool T-shirt then an adult large works; I'm thin but broad shouldered, so super short sleeves tend to suck.

Uninterested:
    • Prepackaged food/snacks: Aside from local/homemade food above.
    • Movies: I tend to just netflix/redbox movies I want to watch. Well, I would actually prefer to watch in theaters, but... y'know...
    • Extravagant gifts: If you're somehow one of these miracle Santas, I'd prefer you give it to another forumer or make a charitable donation in my name.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Oh my god! Christmas is early this year!

ckmaed9vvpc2.jpeg

I got an Audio Technica shotgun mic and deadcat wind breaker from @AngelHedgie ! This is the PERFECT gift for me, and exactly what I wanted! Thank you so much!

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I happened to be doing a recording session today with my quartet, so I was able to play with my new toy immediately. Here's a recording that we did with just that shotgun mic.

https://youtu.be/geref8rmLe0

It sounds awesome. :) Thanks again, @AngelHedgie .

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    It’s Christmas for cats! AngelHedgie also made sure that my cat wasn’t left out of the Secret Santa shenanigans and got my cat a Chewy gift box.

suhlK5Ol.jpg

Remington can’t wait to break into it:
    q6thldmgvgzm.jpeg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Gift Launch!

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Shit y'all move fast.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    HO HO HO, now I've got a machine gun GIFT CANNON!

My Santee is going to get packages ranging from December 3-22, but they have four items coming.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Guess I'm just gonna polish this off for the third fourth year.
    DevoutlyApathetic wrote: »
    DA likes:
    Tabletop RPGs (though I have a fair amount so it needs to be odd for me to not have it if it interested me and I knew about it.)
    Board games
    Books (though I'm kindle based nowadays)

DA dislikes:
    Hops
    Physical media, I'm not a caveman!
    Not cool stuff?
    Wishlists apparently.

In all seriousness though I like trying new things. Local foods/specialties, art you especially like, whatever. I'm horrible at finding new authors and that sort of thing. I generally have the vidja games I want and not enough time to actually play them. Oh yeah, comic book trades are an exception to physical media. I read them and then pass them around to friends so they don't clutter stuff up.

Uh, probably no NSFW stuff as I found it mostly weird to get from random folks and don't know what I'd really do with it. I am of course American, so stuff like Oglaf (NSWF) is mostly what I'm referring to rather than say stuff like KillSixBillionDemons. Heck, even Oglaf would probably be fine as it's funny and NSFW, not just NSFW for sexiness.

Also also, yeah, I guess I like webcomics too.

To expand/update:
    Webcomics I follow include Oglaf, KillSixBillionDemons, SomethingPositive, all of Mary Cagle's stuff, Questionable Content. For Oglaf at least, I own the only shirt that Trudy made that'd I'd actually wear in public.

All of the above still holds pretty true. If you're a practitioner of the dark arts or something and can get a Pi 4 that'd be amazing as I wanted to tinker with setting up a PiHole but I decided that right after all of them disappeared.

Oh, I guess I've been getting into loose teas lately as I try and keep the evil sugar water out of my life. It's mostly a tolerable way to get caffeine that doesn't come with a cup of sugar as well.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    8GA0mkY.gif

OMG y’all, stuff arrived already! But from whom?!?

lameb01amqiv.jpeg

As you may know, I’m something of a bougie hostess, and look what arrived! It’s gorgeous!

ov6m225wiq9q.jpeg

This’ll keep the bubbles nice and chilly while the party heats up 🍾

But what else??

h96bw00i99g8.jpeg

I’m such a sucker for mid-century commercial art, and this’ll make a nicer addition to my collection than Kenobi’s lightsaber. It’ll be the new feature on the wall, a place of enduring honor ✈️

And what’s this?

ktsiu3f28pw3.gif

Second prize!

And it’s the bees’ knees! 🐝

(hehe get it because it’s laguiole and their logo is bees ah forget it never mind)

pur7ibu3iloi.jpeg

♥️ THESE ARE FANTASTIC ♥️

Thank you, Mystery Santa 🎅 You are a wonder! A very merry holiday to you 🎄 🍭 ⛄️

• Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    Hope all of you have fantastic holidays goving and recceivong

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Wishlist incoming!

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Package has arrived!

I will go over it tonight, not a lot of time on lunch, but I'll just say they knocked it out of the park and I'm already using one of the items.

xn6owmsw1dso.gif

syuvje0qiv5x.jpg

Hells yes.

1. The hot sauce, some of it already went on my lunch today, which is why I said I was "using" one of the items. Really good floral peppery flavor, and oddly if I was blindfolded I would've sworn up and down it was a green sauce. But then again I've only been doing Cholula for months, so that might be me.
    2. The oven mitt is perfect. I had two oven mits, one really heavy duty one for holding the bottom of the pan and a smaller one for pulling it out. Well, the smaller one bit the dust a few days ago (washing machine shredded it, because it was cheap and sucked), so having a grippy one like this for pulling pans out of the oven is perfect, thank you!
    3. It's a griddle, and it's Lodge. I will make great things with this. What else is there?
    4. The other day I noticed a sad thing: The only socks I own are 12 pairs of the exact same black Adidas sock you see in the picture. Thank you for the classy colors, I especially love the grey and blue you picked here (my favorite personal colors)!

All in all, super classy and super appreciated, whoever you may be mystery santa! These will be used often.

(But not tonight... tonight I have tonkotsu ramen getting delivered)

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    In lieu of a gift my Santee @Aim had asked to make a donation so I have donated to JDRF

09mm94do20rk.jpg

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    In lieu of a gift my Santee @Aim had asked to make a donation so I have donated to JDRF

Thank you ;)
    09mm94do20rk.jpg

• Options
    @SummaryJudgment has very awesomely gifted me a copy of Midnight Suns for Xbox and suggested there is more coming

So thank you very much to him

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Hey! I just moved to a new place and we have a lot more space and not that much stuff, so anything decorative, posters, doodads, etc. to help fill up space would be great. If you can't afford to get a poster or picture framed, that's okay! (shit's expensive yo, and the shipping will be crazy) I love arty takes on video games and ttrpg stuff. EDIT: some nerd shit I like: Homeworld, the original 150 Pokémon, deadspace series, league of legends

I like interesting shirts (I'm an XL) and comfy hoodies. I work from home so anything that might seem nice to a sometimes-hermit who wears a lot of sweat pants would be great.

Also, since you have my address, I love the town we moved to and would be happy to receive gifts from places in town. Maybe not the witch/magic stores (There's two of them????)

I enjoying cooking (vegetarian stuff especially, though I also cook fish) and would enjoy good cookbooks or kitchen gadgets in that vein. I also love eating - I love things like nice chocolate, gourmet foods, etc.

I don't drink as much as I used to but I still enjoy weird, local beers. Basically everything except very hoppy beers and sours.

I'm a pretty frequent smoker of marijuana and enjoy elaborate, visually appealing devices that facilitate this activity

I have a ps5 and an old-ass gaming laptop that can still play indie games. I love board games and ttrpg games

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I have 2 more boxes my landlord slipped into the office and I'll be getting them on monday when they're back in.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    PART 2

xn6owmsw1dso.gif

uogczi79an1d.jpg

I assume this is the last part? Holy hell Santa

1. Tony C's seasoning (was actually running low so this was well timed), gumbo file, and hush puppies. Tony C's is a staple in my house already because it's great.
    2. Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic, whatever it may be. I'll have to read the ingredients later. What I can tell you is I can smell it through the glass container, so it's gonna have some punch.
    3. A box of beignet mix. I have had these once when I was down in Louisiana with a fellow soldier enjoying some time off, so these are probably getting made this weekend.
    4. A silicone whisk and silicone baking mat, both of which were desperately needed for stuff i want to try making. Thank you!
    5. A New Orleans cookbook. I have had gumbo and jambalaya and numerous shrimp dishes, but I've never really taken a swing at cooking them. Last time was Indian recipes, this time it's going to be French Quarter.

Hot damn Santa, thank you!
    Package has arrived!

I will go over it tonight, not a lot of time on lunch, but I'll just say they knocked it out of the park and I'm already using one of the items.
    Hells yes.

1. The hot sauce, some of it already went on my lunch today, which is why I said I was "using" one of the items. Really good floral peppery flavor, and oddly if I was blindfolded I would've sworn up and down it was a green sauce. But then again I've only been doing Cholula for months, so that might be me.
    2. The oven mitt is perfect. I had two oven mits, one really heavy duty one for holding the bottom of the pan and a smaller one for pulling it out. Well, the smaller one bit the dust a few days ago (washing machine shredded it, because it was cheap and sucked), so having a grippy one like this for pulling pans out of the oven is perfect, thank you!
    3. It's a griddle, and it's Lodge. I will make great things with this. What else is there?
    4. The other day I noticed a sad thing: The only socks I own are 12 pairs of the exact same black Adidas sock you see in the picture. Thank you for the classy colors, I especially love the grey and blue you picked here (my favorite personal colors)!

All in all, super classy and super appreciated, whoever you may be mystery santa! These will be used often.

(But not tonight... tonight I have tonkotsu ramen getting delivered)

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    A THIRD ARRIVED

This time it was Beef Jerky.

I would show a picture but I brought it to work with me and it's all gone and at least one person (who at one point described peppermint as "too spicy") did not have a great time lol.

Thanks again, Santa!

• Options
    A THIRD ARRIVED

I would show a picture but I brought it to work with me and it's all gone and at least one person (who at one point described peppermint as "too spicy") did not have a great time lol.

Thanks again, Santa!

My dude, that wasn’t beef 🫣

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    A THIRD ARRIVED

Thanks again, Santa!

Long pig?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    A THIRD ARRIVED

Thanks again, Santa!

!

*digs the wrapper out of the trash*

Oh

Ohhhhh shit lmao god damn that was good

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    A THIRD ARRIVED

Thanks again, Santa!

Long pig?

Scaly snapping cow

• Options
    @Atomika you absolutely knocked it out of the park. Thank you very much.

• Options
    @Atomika you absolutely knocked it out of the park. Thank you very much.

Happy Christmas, love 🥰 💕 🎄

• Options
    Amy you Goddamn creole delight...

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    A THIRD ARRIVED

Thanks again, Santa!

Long pig?

Scaly snapping cow

My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Amy you Goddamn creole delight...

Merci, ma chérie 😘

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Okay JRX, this is what you do with the blackening spice:

- Take a fish fillet that isn’t too delicate; redfish or catfish is traditional. Put some of that blackening mix in a bowl with some salt, then dredge that fillet real good. Fill every nook and cranny, and pat it in. You don’t want to see any fish peeking through.
    - Heat up a skillet on medium-high. Let it get all the way hot. This is a quick cook.
    - Turn on your vent full-blast. Open the windows. Maybe wear a mask and eye protection for this next part.
    - Cube a big wad of butter (a quarter stick or more) and put it in that pan. It’ll melt really quick and angry-like.
    - Put that fillet in the pan and watch the fuck out. Flip it only once after about 2-3 minutes (depending on the thickness), then let it go for another 2-3.
    - Plate it and serve it. It’s ready. Melt some butter in the microwave to pour over it, for the 3-star rating. Traditional sides are dirty rice or baked cheese grits, but plain rice will also be okay.
    - To get the platinum cheevo, forget the butter topping and make up a batch of Opelousas sauce:
    3 tablespoons butter
    8 ounces heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
    2 tablespoons flour
    1⁄2 teaspoon blackening seasoning
    6 ounce crabmeat
    8 ounce oysters
    8 ounces crawfish tail meat

- Melt butter over medium
    - Throw in everything else when melted
    - Bring to a boil
    - Reduce to low simmer for 30 minutes
    - Pour over everything

7xcebji0rj4k.jpeg

Atomika on
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    xn6owmsw1dso.gif

Holy loot! While I was busy dying from a major organizational transformation / gigantic software release, a huge pile of things arrived! Folks, check all this out:

First, a truly massive cat tree / hideaway! Sadly I have no pic of it, it is super heavy and packed densely into a box.

Then... Tools! Tools! Tools!
    uTdKE4Xl.jpg
    yFY0G44l.jpg
    XR334gRl.jpg
    C6WOi6hl.jpg

DIRECTIONS. This book is enormous. It's heavier than the screwdriver!
    vyMrA2Pl.jpg

Not one but TWO kindle paperwhites! Bel and I can lay in bed and read together, this is super sweet. I've had my eye on one of these for a good few years.

T6A6EsEl.jpg?1

A very handy USB hub - if you could see my desk you'd know I need cable management right now....
    HC1ZpiTl.jpg

And finally... The Mark II Arc Reactor
    Dude I am so excited for this thing! Thank you!!
    Q69zGH6l.jpg

Look at this haul! Thank you very much, whoever you are :):):)

rg5YNkJl.jpg

spool32 on
  • Options
    du74c48by8y0.gif

• Options
    another wonderful gift from @SummaryJudgment arrived today

mlykp7fv8tjg.jpeg

Now let’s hope I can get the 13 yr old to play a games about birds if not I think the wife shall be interested

• Options
    edited December 2022
    another wonderful gift from @SummaryJudgment arrived today

mlykp7fv8tjg.jpeg

Now let’s hope I can get the 13 yr old to play a games about birds if not I think the wife shall be interested

I hope they'll like it! I've heard nothing but good things about it for kids near that age and as a family game so *fingers crossed*

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Gifts: launched. I’m taking some awful risks here, let’s see how it plays.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Six wrote: »
    Gifts: launched. I’m taking some awful risks here, let’s see how it plays.

lgir5rang3vd.gif

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    A package appears!
    AKZoWqS.png?1

Inside, a surprise!
    0B8j09z.jpg

Excellent! I have had my eye on this for a while but never did justify another cool totebag to myself. 😁
    I'll put it to use this week during midterms, probably!

Also--there are other Amazonian-style packages. They have seen a delay, however, since did you know--even if you delete an address from your Amazon list of address and set your current address as default, your wish list will stubbornly hold on to that deleted address until you go in and change it specifically on the wish list? Well, it's true. Said packages are chilling at my sister's house until next weekend. So...delayed opening of those to come!

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    GIFT CANNON FIRED!

• Options
    @Atomika last package? The Zulay wooden/plastic utensils? Nice touch, love the dark wood tones.