As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Jr. wrote: »
    I saw a nice greyhound walking today when I was riding to the library with my mom. I like greyhounds this one did not watch me and it was very cute some guy was walking it. :)

It would have watched you, but greyhounds are lazy.

Pay no attention to my totally normal avatar pic.

Edit: Added quote because I got TOTP'd and also because I kinda feel bad but I've had this avatar for nearly 2 years now and I finally know why.

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    I saw a nice greyhound walking today when I was riding to the library with my mom. I like greyhounds this one did not watch me and it was very cute some guy was walking it. :)

Edit: Added quote because I got TOTP'd and also because I kinda feel bad but I've had this avatar for nearly 2 years now and I finally know why.

Your avatar is a very good picture of a dog looking away from the screen.

• Options
    Jr.Jr. Registered User regular
    Every greyhound I have met was nice they are like the dog version of cheetahs they chill 99% of the time but go extremely fast when they need to my favorite dog is poms but I like greyhounds all kinds the full-size the whippets and the Italian greyhounds . I think they are all the same kind of dog but sometimes you get tricked like you would think shelties are just small rough collies but they actually are bred from different lines and aren’t related my cousin had a sheltie and it was very sweet but it would sometimes try to herd you around but it was well intentioned and was very gentle

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »

qk9mkmtljuwu.png

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Some pictures say a thousand words, and some only say one. This one says derp!

7jp022m5jwq6.png

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    not true, it also says blep and mlem and what food do you have in your pocket

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    bleps are the best.

sometimes if i scratch dominique right after he wakes up he'll blep through the whole thing

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I can use some advice, pet thread. This is Chester.

lsw91zdknzwx.jpg

A few months ago, Chester was diagnosed with diabetes. I've spent the last few months taking him to the vet every 2-3 weeks and giving him increasing doses of insulin. He's up to five units a shot, twice a day, but he is a big cat. But the doctor is saying that it would help to have a "curve" to the tests. Has anyone had a pet with diabetes, and if so, how have you monitored their glucose? The vet mentioned some sort of implant, but they are temporary and a lot of work, and frankly poor Chester has had so many vet trips lately as it is. It's not great on him or, well, my wallet.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i found krampus what do

a94x0aee4rnm.jpg

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    The barn kitty we decided to keep and bring in the house (the rest have been rehomed). He's named chewie and is a handful already.

amxo6ip7b79z.jpg
    x2emwj986dhw.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    The mighty hunter

lv0z4sr1s8fj.jpg

Tynnan on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I said goodbye to my Mongo cat today

I've been through this several times before, but losing him has just hit me so hard

The past few days he became significantly worse, though. He barely made any noise - really, really weird, for him - and would hardly react when pet or called to. I think the kidney disease progressed to a point where he was a bit mentally impaired, even though he still recognized us. He wasn't eating - only 8lbs. or so when the vet weighed him. He was mostly just sleeping, but he looked so, so uncomfortable and would hide for hours and hours.

So, last night, while I tried to sleep, I made the decision to have him put down.

Now at home, all I can see are things that remind me of him. I'll never see him run to the door when I get home from work or school. I'll never get to play fetch with him again (yeah, he was weird). He'll never curl up in my lap again, usually when I'm trying to read or write or do anything. And I'll never hear his obnoxious meow, which I would love to hear more than anything right now.

I'm so sorry Mongo, I love you so much

(And I'm sorry for bumping this thread with such a downer.)

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Ah damn I'm so sorry.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Here is a pick me up hopefully…my cat has made my son her bed

60k34o298mef.jpeg

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That is either a small son or a very large cat.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    That is either a small son or a very large cat.

He is NOT a small child that’s for sure

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Your son

has been chosen

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Is that a maine coon or norwegian? (Even though I know the coon in Maine coon comes from racoone I really wish the breed had another recognizable name.)

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Raijin is your arm made of fur?

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

…maybe

Actually my arms aren’t THAT hairy. It looks way hairier in the pic.

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »
    Is that a maine coon or norwegian? (Even though I know the coon in Maine coon comes from racoone I really wish the breed had another recognizable name.)

I don’t know for sure. It’s a “grabbed a cat at a shelter” cat. I’m not sure on breeds for any of my cats

• Options

I don’t know for sure. It’s a “grabbed a cat at a shelter” cat. I’m not sure on breeds for any of my cats

Ah, the best breed of cat.
    Looking at the photos, I don't think it's either a Maine Coon (which tend to have distinctive ear tufts), or a Norwegian (that tend to look like they're wearing fur coats, and can trigger an allergy attack through photos alone)
    But then, I'm no catologist. I could be wrong.
    Lookit these tufts!
    u8s9wnbxaci6.png

"I am a cat, wearing another cat. You will respect my authoritah."
    5bua4ky8e965.png

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

…maybe

Actually my arms aren’t THAT hairy. It looks way hairier in the pic.

that's an arm? i thought it was a terrier

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Didn't know the best place to post this...

My aunt just had to lay her doggo to rest. He was a bit of a mutt, and basically was abandoned at the shelter for who knows how long. He was super protective of my aunt and hated guys in general. But he was also incredibly cute, quite well behaved, and the two were both onery together. It was so nice to see my aunt, who always owned cats, get a dog.

S74acw2l.jpg

A few years back, a neighborhood dog attacked him and basically collapsed his trachea, but the little guy survived and basically protected my aunt. He was always nervous about walks after that.

While he's always been blind in one eye for as long as I've known him, he has been getting more and more blind over the last year. Basically his health has been dwindling, and we knew his time was coming up soon. In the last month, though, it's taken a severe nose dive since he was kenneled for a week (my aunt couldn't recover from knee surgery and take care of him), and in the last week it just... well, it all went to shit.

You are a good doggo, Max. Don't let my aunt's cats that have crossed the rainbow bridge ahead of you give you any gruff.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    One of my friends is the super for a small rental LLC and one of the last tenants abandoned their one year old cat.

Guess who has seven cats now?

abca0d7zgycs.jpg

His name is Washington

• Options
    Is he six foot eight, weighs a fucking ton?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Is he six foot eight, weighs a fucking ton?

and made of radiation?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    yes how did you know

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    HE'S COMING

HE'S COMING

HE'S COMING

• Options
    That cat is not saving a single British children.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I love that this video is still well loved enough by all of us that we can still quote the entire thing to this day.

• Options
    video?

• Options
  • Options
    MP has forgotten more memes than us young'uns will ever know.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I always remembered the existence of the funny George Washington video, and I always forgot about the dicks growing out of his feet until midway through showing it to someone.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I always remembered the existence of the funny George Washington video, and I always forgot about the dicks growing out of his feet until midway through showing it to someone.

Like thirty goddamn dicks

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    This is Neapo, she is the tiny snake I got myself for Easter but also because I wanted a snake.
    405uxp0bvwtc.jpg
    Spoiled because somehow there are people who don't find snakes as cute as I do.

It's been a year and a bit, so I figured I'd show a picture of Neapo that I took tonight while taking a break from painting.
    ujx7be04ems4.jpg
    Still spoiled because she's no longer a tiny snake, but she's still adorable to me.

It's been a while since I've shared a picture of Neapo.
    She continues to get bigger and consume more mice.

Spoilered for still a snake.
    dftr3rodlau1.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    do sneks start out with the same number of bands on their scales when they're little, or do they grow more bands as they get longer

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    do sneks start out with the same number of bands on their scales when they're little, or do they grow more bands as they get longer

I've never thought to count to be honest.
    I'm guessing that they keep the same number of bands and the bands just get bigger as the scales get bigger.