OooOoooo

How many times do I have to tell you people, democracy simply doesn't work

Oooooooooo...

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Day 1
    facetious [7] - JayKaos (2),Romantic Undead (6),premium (19),Infidel (34),tosorak (36),ObiFett (38),MamaWolf (39)
    discrider [5] - tosorak (1),ObiFett (12),silence1186 (23),kime (24),Endless_Serpents (26),Phoenix-D (30),facetious (35),LostNinja (37)
    MamaWolf [2] - mrpaku (14),Gizzy (27)
    kime [2] - jdarksun (11),Endless_Serpents (31)
    Virgil_Leads_You [1] - Heffling (8),silence1186 (13)
    tosorak [1] - Phoenix-D (5),The Brayster (29)
    The Brayster [1] - spool32 (3)
    spool32 [1] - discrider (33)
    silence1186 [1] - Virgil_Leads_You (7),Endless_Serpents (10),discrider (22)
    premium [1] - Lucedes (15)
    LostNinja [1] - HeavyVillain (28)
    JPants [1] - AustinP0027 (4)
    Infidel [1] - Wildcat (20),facetious (21),discrider (25)
    AustinP0027 [1] - JPants (9),LostNinja (17)
    Phoenix-D [0] - discrider (32)
    mrpaku [0] - MamaWolf (18)
    HeavyVillain [0] - discrider (16)

Did Not Vote:

Day 2
    discrider [5] - LostNinja (1),tosorak (2),Heffling (7),JayKaos (9),Romantic Undead (13)
    JayKaos [4] - Gizzy (6),Lucedes (11),The Brayster (21),kime (23)
    tosorak [3] - spool32 (3),Wildcat (19),HeavyVillain (20),mrpaku (22)
    Heffling [3] - discrider (8),discrider (10),premium (14),AustinP0027 (17)
    kime [2] - Endless_Serpents (4),MamaWolf (18)
    Infidel [2] - silence1186 (15),Phoenix-D (16)
    premium [1] - jdarksun (5)
    Lucedes [1] - Virgil_Leads_You (12)
    jdarksun [1] - spool32 (24)

Did Not Vote: JPants, Infidel

Day 3
    JayKaos [7] - Gizzy (2),Lucedes (4),Phoenix-D (6),silence1186 (7),Heffling (8),spool32 (10),AustinP0027 (11),HeavyVillain (13)
    Phoenix-D [5] - Infidel (3),Romantic Undead (16),mrpaku (18),JPants (19),jdarksun (21)
    LostNinja [2] - The Brayster (15),Heffling (17)
    Heffling [2] - LostNinja (12),premium (20)
    mrpaku [1] - tosorak (9)
    kime [1] - Endless_Serpents (1)
    JPants [0] - JPants (5)

Did Not Vote: Virgil_Leads_You

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    My Vote thoughts:
    1. With JayKaos turning green, no one gets cleared (there were a number of people that would have been village if they had died red)

2. I'm side eyeing LostNinja here with a late disc wagon on day 1 (when Disc couldn't die), followed by a super early disc vote day 2, followed by the Heffling throw away yesterday.

3. Endless's record doesn't look great either. Moved off disc wagon day 1 to a one off when it started taking off, one off vote day 2 and 3. Only thing that moves them slightly down the list is Mama doubling up with them on Day 2, which seems a little anti-mafia.

4. It's hard to ignore Infidel's suspicion on Phoenix, and Jay dying green would have likely cleared them but obviously didn't. No clear pattern though, other than just the meta level voting of bandwagon on disc (disc had the lead at 6 when Phoenix voted), then revenge vote against Infidel, and then the wagon on Jay yesterday. Not damning evidence there though.

Take all this with a grain of salt, obviously, because my record (one off, Heffling mini-wagon, Jay wagon yesterday) isn't the best either.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    My Vote thoughts:

2. I'm side eyeing LostNinja here with a late disc wagon on day 1 (when Disc couldn't die), followed by a super early disc vote day 2, followed by the Heffling throw away yesterday.

What do you mean couldn’t die? Disc was tied for first at the time, I broke the tie…

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, I forgot to confirm earlier.

I did NOT get a reprimand, and I did NOT vote on the bandwagon yesterday. So yeah, the theory that there was some funny business related to that specific vote does seem to have legs.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    My Vote thoughts:

What do you mean couldn’t die? Disc was tied for first at the time, I broke the tie…

Yep, you're right. My mocked up table was including dupe votes, so it looked like Disc was far behind.

I need to go reenter Day 1 in my tracking because I think it might be wrong somehow (I have you causing the tie instead of tosorak)

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    Vote Vig Mafia SK

This is not the correct order.

Vote -> Grand Plans -> Cunning Countermeasures -> Guard -> Kills -> Seer

Vote: Jaykaos
    Plans: ? Vote shenanigans? I have also been reprimanded by the bureaucracy
    Counters: ???
    Guard: somewhere we don't know because
    Kills: haven't hit a guarded person (unless it was Obi on day 1)
    -- JDark to someone, presumably the mafia
    -- Infidel to Felicia the Cat aka kime in black text, probably a serial killer
    -- kime to the vigilante
    -- seer we believe is active with jpants speaking for them.

Is the bolded Spool tipping his hand that he's mafia? Who is we that believes this claim?

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Vote Vig Mafia SK

-- kime to the vigilante

Is the bolded Spool tipping his hand that he's mafia? Who is we that believes this claim?

Uh... jpants claimed that he was speaking for the seer, who told him that premium is Mafia. That's why there's a bandwagon on Premium. What does the bold have to do with Spool?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I think Heffling means the "we" part of the bolded might have been a slip of the tongue to reveal that spool was talking about "we the mafia". I think it's a stretch, people say "we" for the village all the time.

• Options
    I'm probably dead tonight, unless there is a guard, and I don't have another mafia call for today, unfortunately. The rest of my workday is also going to be pretty busy so I might not be around for immediate responses.

• Options
    Some Day 1 data clean up.

MamaWolf's vote count on this post was wrong. At that moment, it was 6 to 4 Disc, because tosorak's vote for disc was missed at the very beginning of the day.

Once tosorak flips to facetious, they did in fact tie the vote, but due to removing a vote from disc in the process. Still same end effect though.

Lost then broke the tie onto disc (6-5 disc), following by Obi and MamaWolf adding onto facetious, making it 7 to 5 facetious at the end. (Obi was on disc and moved, so disc drops to 5 with their vote).

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    I'm probably dead tonight, unless there is a guard, and I don't have another mafia call for today, unfortunately. The rest of my workday is also going to be pretty busy so I might not be around for immediate responses.

But if you're just speaking for the seer, even if you die the seer could then come forward and begin revealing things themselves (or use a different proxy).

With 38thDoe's narrations we haven't seen the guard function yet, I don't think.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    3 votes outstanding with just under 3 hours to go.

• Options
    Yeah to be clear the comments about me dying are not "woe is me". This isn't my first rodeo as "network mouth piece", I know what's coming for me! I'll gladly take the shot as it means one less shot at a potential special.

And if we actually have a guard, all the better as it makes the mafia second guess about where to drop their kill.

• Options
    @JPants why the seer call after vote close?

Based on days, you and premium would have been the day 1 and day 2 targets for the seer. Why didn't you announce premium during Day 3 for us to kill a mafia with that vote instead of waiting for vote close for us to do it today?

• Options
    edited June 2023
    JPants why the seer call after vote close?

Based on days, you and premium would have been the day 1 and day 2 targets for the seer. Why didn't you announce premium during Day 3 for us to kill a mafia with that vote instead of waiting for vote close for us to do it today?

Vote close is a couple hours after I wake up each day, generally. By the time I got the PM from the seer it was only a couple hours until vote close and the JayKaos wagon was quite strong so it would have been a pain to try and turn around. Additionally I wanted to see how premium voted that day and he voted very late in the day. Was hoping his vote might provide some more info though it didn't really.

Lastly it gave me 1 more day to live and hopefully 1 more day to get another mafia call out, if the seer had hit a mafia last night.

JPants on
  • Options
    Ok, that all makes sense (and I'm 100% not questioning the nethead validity here).

I get the "wait one more day" one because if you managed to announce a second mafia too, trading in a villager on Day 3 to the vote would have been worth it. Just didn't work out that way.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sorry for the lack of warnings today. You have less than 2 hours to submit votes and orders.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Gonna laugh my ass off of the 70% reduction thing was a one shot thing that fired on the day we're all voting for the same person anyway.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @Heffling "we" as in the village, yes. :) Until it's confirmed with narration this evening, ijpants being the seer's mouthpiece is a thing we believe is true.

Do we have a vote count on Premium? I'm failing to do the math here but there are at least 5 of us affected by a reduction in voting strength. Together we will only have 3.5 votes instead of 5, correct? If it does end up being everyone who voted for JayKaos, that means our 7 votes only count for 4.9. We should subtract 2 from any vote where we're all present. If we're spread out the math gets weirder...

• Options
    People I don't have a vote recorded for yet:
    @kime
    @premium
    @mrpaku
    @Virgil_Leads_You

• Options
    Kime is dead!

• Options
    Virgil will also probably be dead due to inactivity, if they don't get a vote in tonight.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Kime is dead!

That's no excuse!

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Not sure I'll be around come vote close, so putting a vote in for premium as the safe bet today

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Vote Close in ~45 minutes. Please be sure your votes and orders are in before then.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Virgil will also probably be dead due to inactivity, if they don't get a vote in tonight.

We have reserves iirc.

• Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    Kime is dead!

And he didnt even get to come back as a stompy robot, its tragic

• Options
    Kime is dead!

That's the Queen, not the cat!

• Options
    Premium managed a vote 10 minutes before close yesterday. Work does get busy like that.

I'm more surprised they haven't made an argument to derail the enormous train against them. Maybe it seems insurmountable.

• Options
    Kime is dead!

You think you know somebody.....

• Options
    tosoraktosorak Registered User regular
    Kime is dead!

Has there been a 40k phalla? Lots of interesting things to work with there... Inquisitors, Chaos, a secret genestealer cult, HERESY...

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Vote Vig Mafia SK

-- kime to the vigilante

Yes we should vote for spool instead of me.
    I'll start
    spool32

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    seems legit

• Options
    So the theory that we got penalized for voting JayKaos makes sense, especially what with killing 100% green so far. I'd like to toss out a second option though: our enemies might have a power that can debuff the loyal citizens the next day.

• Options
    Feels like it might have been targeted.

Meaning, the power was pick a player and anyone who voted for them is penalized. Seems like everyone on the JayKaos wagon got hit, so kind of matches up.

• Options
    Vote closed.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

We have reserves iirc.

We have one, who looks like they'll be subbed in since Virgil didn't vote. Vote closed though! Looking forward to the narration...

• Options
    So, just in case I'm dead tonight, some info:

LostNinja has been investigated and found a Loyal Citizen of London. If I am to perish, he can be trusted.

The other important bit of info I've received is that Narrations may be UNRELIABLE. I don't know the details of the ability to manipulate the narration but this seems to check out. If you look at Day 2 narration you see the Queen is alive (and arguing about who to punish for killing her....) despite showing as dead in Day 1 narration. To me this either means someone messed with the fluff of day 2, or the results of Day 1.

It's possible we have inheritable specials as well, though that is basically just supposition, I don't have much in the way of info to suggest that (outside of the Queen being in D2 narration).

Unreliable narration is BRUTAL to the village (specifically unreliable death results), for obvious reasons. I am hoping we have someone out there protecting the narration from being messed with, but just in case things go really poorly tonight and premium shows up green (or I show up red) I am hoping this warning will prevent the worst of the inevitable chaos. If premium and I both die green I would suspect that means that they can only mess with a single person, possibly only the vote winner. If that is the case, the previous vote winners ID's will have to become suspect.

Also, yes, I realize "exactly what a mafia would say". I wish I was as clever or audacious as I'd have to be to pull off a gambit like this. And if the mafia succeed in framing me I will tip my hat to them for a play well executed.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Day Four: Oh Bother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW0ZPKY9mrc

The citizens of London met to discuss what should be done to save their city. Word had it that an amateur investigator had found serious evidence implicating a citizen named premium of an assortment of crimes. The citizens very easily went along with this logic, hardly arguing at all. With a minimum of fuss, premium was marched off to the gallows.

A citizen of London had a happy bounce in their step as they returned from a very productive meeting. They were cleaning up this city. Every night the foes of London fell. Phoenix-D was especially happy that the dread beast of legend had been stopped. Even as a shredded corpse the thing projected a malevolence and terror that was hard to put into words. The world was a safer place now. One could positively languish on the streets at night all by oneself with one's back turned to a darkened alley without issue. Once could even lower one's defenses and close their eyes and - one wonders if this sentence would end in anything but be torn to shreds. The answer is no.

A citizen of London smiled as they observed premium led off to meet his fate. London would be safer. Feeling particularly civic minded he spat on premium. This gesture brought a cheer from those around him. Someone even slapped him on the shoulder in a somewhat excessive gesture of camaraderie. When everyone dispersed and Endless_Serpents got home he felt an odd stinging sensation from his shoulder. Pulling down his shirt he noticed the skin was black and bulging on his shoulder and down his chest towards his heart.

“Oh bother”

Endless_Serpents was dead by morning.

The Dead:

premium - Ruffian
    Phoenix-D - London Citizen
    Endless_Serpents - London Citizen

@Locus to replace @Virgil_Leads_You effective immediately. There are currently no reserves.

Day Five is good to go. If you think you should have gotten a PM and didn’t please let me know.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀