PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    They could lean into what the person is known for
    "Help Tom Hanks send an email"
    "Help Dolly sing a song"
    "Help Bob Ross paint a picture"
    "Help Mr. Rogers be a neighbor"
    they could go wild with the sets too!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The Mr Rogers one would be a TV set set like Seinfeld or friends.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I just saw that a Mr. Rogers Ideas set got past the 10k votes mark a few days ago.

EDIT: Here, this one:
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/c3665a3b-7c5c-4d0f-ab6e-82422d6f1d13
    It does the very smart scene of being built on a round-ish base, where it's two back-to-back sets: Mr Rogers's home on one side, and the Neighborhood of Make-Believe on the other.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    "Help Dolly sing a song"

"Help Keanu Reeves mourn a dog"!

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I just saw that a Mr. Rogers Ideas set got past the 10k votes mark a few days ago.

EDIT: Here, this one:
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/c3665a3b-7c5c-4d0f-ab6e-82422d6f1d13
    It does the very smart scene of being built on a round-ish base, where it's two back-to-back sets: Mr Rogers's home on one side, and the Neighborhood of Make-Believe on the other.

It's beautiful and I want it.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    "Help Dolly sing a song"

I could see the Bob Ross figure standing on the frame of a Lego Art piece based on one of his pictures.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I have the Lego Bob Ross with his little canvas and paints and it's adorable and I love it.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    C'mon guys, stop making me want things I can't buy.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Gyral wrote: »

My brother in Lego Jesus, you are in the wrong thread to make this request.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Check out all of this new opium we have and enjoy your stay

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options

No, no, I'm talking about all the crap that doesn't exist to be bought yet. Also, I really should hold off as I gotta pay for a new compressor for our AC.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Ffs when are the Jaws sets releasing.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

gonna be like 18 more months, ideas sets take a while once approved

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

gonna be like 18 more months, ideas sets take a while once approved

Which reminds me that the Dungeons & Dragons set that won the Lego contest (Dragon's Keep: At Journey's End) should take that long to come out too.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Really striking while the iron's hot with that movie release, eh?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I’m surprised Games Workshop haven’t licensed to Lego yet.

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

I think there is a perceived overlap in terms of market. Although 40k scale Lego scenery would be great.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023

While Lego has lessened it's restrictions on military stuff with regards to licenses, I think that 40k would very much be pushing it.

Mega bloks, however...

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I doubt GW wants to rent their license to Lego, because customizable models are their whole deal already.

Also, they had a great looking Ork figure in one of the collectible sets, but trying to build a green tide out of that ends up being the only way to build a green tide army that is more expensive than the official models.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »

While Lego has lessened it's restrictions on military stuff with regards to licenses, I think that 40k would very much be pushing it.

Mega bloks, however...

It wouldn’t be much worse than Star Wars when converted to Lego. Space guy with a gun or a sword. Vehicle/spaceship with spacey laser turrets.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023

Mega bloks, however...

It wouldn’t be much worse than Star Wars when converted to Lego. Space guy with a gun or a sword. Vehicle/spaceship with spacey laser turrets.

i think it's more of a tone thing

star wars has been cleaned up many times to sanitize the violence and make it ostensibly kid-friendly, to the point where toddlers have Baby Yoda and BB-8 plush toys

Harder to do a sincere take on that with 40k, and I don't think games workshop necessarily wants people to associate their brand with "cute" or "for kids"

Brolo on
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited July 2023

Mega bloks, however...

I'd love to see someone post this in the WH40K thread..."Oh yeah, WH40K is like Star Wars...just space guys with swords..."

But I agree...maybe Megabloks can cash in on 18+ adult only Slasnesh WH40K sets...

ironzerg on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    There's Lego Stranger Things sets, y'all.

Maybe they'll make a Lego space marine one day, they have enough practice with all those Hulkbusters they keep making.

• Options
    I'd guess that it's more GW protecting their IP rather than Lego's anti-war stance at work here.

I mean, Lego did the Galaxy Squad line, which were pretty much space soldiers fighting space bugs with space guns and giant robots.
    9jlz1t3wzzb6.png

Maybe they could do some helmets like they did for Star Wars for 40k. Aiming for a little older crowd than Lego's general target audience.
    I'd like to park a space marine helmet next to one of the big sweeping eldar helmets, maybe next to a Necron head.

Or maybe Lego just realizes that, despite being (AFAIK) the biggest tabletop wargame in the world, 40k is still a very niche audience, and putting together a line to drive business to another plastic crack vendor may not be in their best interest.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I'd guess that it's more GW protecting their IP rather than Lego's anti-war stance at work here.

I mean, Lego did the Galaxy Squad line, which were pretty much space soldiers fighting space bugs with space guns and giant robots.
    9jlz1t3wzzb6.png

Maybe they could do some helmets like they did for Star Wars for 40k. Aiming for a little older crowd than Lego's general target audience.
    I'd like to park a space marine helmet next to one of the big sweeping eldar helmets, maybe next to a Necron head.

Or maybe Lego just realizes that, despite being (AFAIK) the biggest tabletop wargame in the world, 40k is still a very niche audience, and putting together a line to drive business to another plastic crack vendor may not be in their best interest.

Grimdark is antithetical to LEGO.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    The Galaxy Squad designs ruuuuuuuuuuled.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

9jlz1t3wzzb6.png

Then explain all the police sets.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

9jlz1t3wzzb6.png

Copaganda is a hell of a drug.

• Options
    Review of the Lego Captain America shield:
    https://brickset.com/article/98027/review-76262-captain-america-s-shield

Predictably, building the same assembly over and over is not the ideal building experience, but I feel like for me personally, this can be mitigated by building one or two assemblies per night instead of doing it all in one repetitive sitting. Sounds like there are some neat building techniques in getting the right geometry of the shield, and the star looks especially clever. The reviewer mentions that the heavily-studded surface of the shield was divisive among fans; I didn't even think about it before, but personally I love how it looks. I wonder how hard it would be to mod this shield to use those wall-hanger elements from the Art sets, so you could hang it on a wall.

Still not sure if I'd buy this, but that's purely due to lack of display space. I think it looks like a beautiful set.

• Options
    I don't know how heavy the shield is, but looking at the back of it, it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to rig something up just above the center of the shield.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Heffling wrote: »

9jlz1t3wzzb6.png

Copaganda is a hell of a drug.

My theory: Police in Denmark and the rest of Europe are less crazy and evil than in the rest of the world. Obviously there is still plenty wrong with law enforcement (currently there's riots in Paris about that), but they're pretty neutral for most of the people living here. I think that nearly everyone who works at Lego in Billund hasn't had a bad interaction with law enforcement.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Police in Denmark are much more the ideal of what a police force should be. My wife is from Denmark, from a city with (at the time) 50k people and like 6 policemen.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Mega bloks, however...

i think it's more of a tone thing

star wars has been cleaned up many times to sanitize the violence and make it ostensibly kid-friendly, to the point where toddlers have Baby Yoda and BB-8 plush toys

Harder to do a sincere take on that with 40k, and I don't think games workshop necessarily wants people to associate their brand with "cute" or "for kids"

GW are already doing that to an extent. There’s a novel range for kids already.

• Options
    Snikt?

zz4imk0nysv4.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Wait, so... There's a line of renditions of MCU artifacts, like the Infinity Gauntlet and Cap's shield, that go on a display stand. But this would be Wolverine's dismembered hand, right?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Wait, so... There's a line of renditions of MCU artifacts, like the Infinity Gauntlet and Cap's shield, that go on a display stand. But this would be Wolverine's dismembered hand, right?

It'll grow back, it's fine

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    There's also a large series of heads/helmets and various gauntlets. These things come in tiers.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I wonder how soon someone puts up a modded build of the claws retracted and partially sticking out the bottom of the arm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    I wonder how soon someone puts up a modded build of the claws retracted and partially sticking out the bottom of the arm.

With power functions to extend and retract the claws.

• Options
    Raiju wrote: »

With power functions to extend and retract the claws.

And you can choose how many and which of the blades.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
This discussion has been closed.