Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Stompybots? Stompybots. STOMPYBOTS! MW5 on Steam NOW!

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    vivx3zvsj4p4.png

Horns:

Gausszilla sounds like a T-Rex roar

Stone Crusher sounds like a crash of thunder

Stone Rhino has a set of drums and then a rhino roar.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    God damnit that chassis looks pretty.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    In MW5 news, next DLC has been announced: https://mw5mercs.com/dlc/the-dragons-gambit

Looks like this one covers war of 3039

New chassis: Longbow

New special variants via the 3039 campaign via the Otomo

New Instant Action game modes

Edit: looks like the instant action game modes allow for PVP?

Nobody on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    In MW5 news, next DLC has been announced: https://mw5mercs.com/dlc/the-dragons-gambit

Looks like this one covers war of 3039

New chassis: Longbow

New special variants via the 3039 campaign via the Otomo

New Instant Action game modes

Edit: looks like the instant action game modes allow for PVP?

Oh heck yeah the Longbow!!! Also PvP in MW5??? Be still my stompy bot heart.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Further stuff, apparently these are in the weapons file in MWO and are rumored to be part of the August Patch.

Weapon 1:
    58zdet0n9lr0.png
    2vb3yfm0fama.png

Weapon 2:
    84o0156vcecx.png
    b9u8gmoa88gi.png

Weapon 3:
    k4xincjib3un.png
    fmq24ttdm3pm.png

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Oh shit, they're adding Jihad-era tech?

• Options
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Oh shit, they're adding Jihad-era tech?

Technically its adding more. I believe the HPPCs, LPPCs, and Snubs count as Jihad tech as well.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So I think for the free light mech I'll pick the Jenner IIC Fury.

It's either that or the Locust Pirate's Bane, but that one is almost half the price so I could just buy it.

I have to say, the ability to customize mechs and try them out from the store front without buying them is a pretty neat feature more games should have.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Now if only they let us try legendary mechs and their horns.

• Options
    FalafalFalafal Registered User regular
    I haven't played MWO in almost a year, but saw the event and decided to dust off my mechs.
    I'm thinking of getting the Sleipnir for assault, either Rifleman II or the IV-Four for heavy. What medium or light would people recommend? I have no idea what quirks/weapons are good these days.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Re: Hero lights, I have a soft spot for the Urbie K-9 and the Locust Pirate's Bane. The tank of the light class and the annoying little ankle biter. Don't forget to push L to turn on your police lights&siren in the K-9!

Glal on
  • Options
    Good selections in no particular order

Lights: Kit Fox, Urbanmech, Mist Lynx, Piranha, Wolfhound, Panther, Arctic Cheetah

Mediums: Black Lanner, Shadow Cat, Griffin (Sparky), Huntsman, Vapor Eagle (note, this one is very high risk high reward), Dervish, Blackjack, Hellspawn

Heavy: Hellbringer, QuickDraw, Warhammer, Orion IIC, Rifleman (Dao Breaker), Night Gyr, Ebon Jaguar, Sun Spider (all 3 are good), Roughneck (Bolt)

Assault: Cyclops, Marauder II, Dire Wolf, Warhammer IIC, Marauder IIC, Highlander IIC, Kodiak, Victor, Mad Cat II, Supernova, Blood Asp

• Options
    Re: New weapons

1. Remove any sound mods for August patch, as it will break them
    2. XPLs will be considered part of the pulse laser family, and will NOT play like they do on TT.
    3. Binary lasers will be in the Large Laser family, and have an HSL of 2 (firing a third invokes GH)

• Options
    FalafalFalafal Registered User regular

Lights: Kit Fox, Urbanmech, Mist Lynx, Piranha, Wolfhound, Panther, Arctic Cheetah

Mediums: Black Lanner, Shadow Cat, Griffin (Sparky), Huntsman, Vapor Eagle (note, this one is very high risk high reward), Dervish, Blackjack, Hellspawn

Heavy: Hellbringer, QuickDraw, Warhammer, Orion IIC, Rifleman (Dao Breaker), Night Gyr, Ebon Jaguar, Sun Spider (all 3 are good), Roughneck (Bolt)

Assault: Cyclops, Marauder II, Dire Wolf, Warhammer IIC, Marauder IIC, Highlander IIC, Kodiak, Victor, Mad Cat II, Supernova, Blood Asp

Thanks, went with the Urbanmech, since I didn't have a trashcan yet, the shadowcat, and cyclops. Still deciding on the heavy.
    I also splurged on the Dreadnaught and 3 lbx20 are an awful lot of fun.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular

2. XPLs will be considered part of the pulse laser family, and will NOT play like they do on TT.
    3. Binary lasers will be in the Large Laser family, and have an HSL of 2 (firing a third invokes GH)

Oh, yeah, interesting thought. If XPL aren't TT conversions, I wonder what the plan is for them? In TT they're just more range, but hotter.

I'm really enjoying a 2xLB20X 4xMPLas Blood Asp. I challenged myself to do something a different than what apparently everyone else does with the chassis and it seems to hold its own.

• Options

Oh, yeah, interesting thought. If XPL aren't TT conversions, I wonder what the plan is for them? In TT they're just more range, but hotter.

I'm really enjoying a 2xLB20X 4xMPLas Blood Asp. I challenged myself to do something a different than what apparently everyone else does with the chassis and it seems to hold its own.

Rumor has it they’re going to be continuous beam lasers, along the line of laser RACs. I haven’t seen actual confirmation from anybody involved though.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Falafal wrote: »

Thanks, went with the Urbanmech, since I didn't have a trashcan yet, the shadowcat, and cyclops. Still deciding on the heavy.

Urbies really are the most fun. Especially the K9 with the sirens. Make sure you annoy your lancemates in the dropship by turning them on while dropping.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I am very tempted to get the CTF-IM "Ilya Muromets" as my heavy and run a 3xRAC2 build.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Falafal wrote: »

Urbies really are the most fun. Especially the K9 with the sirens. Make sure you annoy your lancemates in the dropship by turning them on while dropping.
    Also, run circles around your assaults and declare yourself to be the fashion police, there to arrest them.

• Options
    PGI is asking feedback on modes and maps, both most favorite and least: https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/285342-map-and-mode-feedback/

• Options
    Man, I wish I were at home I have so many Opinions about maps in MWO, a phone can't contain them.

• Options
    RE: This year's loyalty mechs:

w7od3yslinmz.png

RE: Upcoming Legends:
    kwncczt4es66.png

• Options
    August leaks:

Phoenix Hawks:
    bbhnlph72xlc.png

Novas:
    5mlrxb4tfbtu.png

Missiles:
    zi1xmksaye8d.png

ECM:
    5s90zlxupnc2.png

Yes, Clan only is getting nerfed, apparently since it's so easy to splash it with Omnis, plus the weight and slot savings.

• Options
    Huh, an LRM nerf and SRM buff? Now they're speaking my language. Interesting that it states clan ECM, I hadn't realised skills had different values between the two sides and/or that equipment worked differently between them at all?

• Options
    Yeah skill nodes apparently can be different for weight classes and tech base.

They can’t touch the actual ECM functionality (famously tried early in the Cauldron and found that it’s hard coded outside the .xml).

Oh, side note: a PGI dev will be interviewed by JustcallmeAsh this weekend, and will be demoing the new weapons on stream. Allegedly a YouTube of the stream will be posted at some point afterward.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    New weapon test footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZDtrL69lwk

Twitch VOD of Dev interview:

Big points:

Weapons/equipment:
    1. They have a wishlist and a kill list for weapons and equipment.
    2. Wish list is weapons they think they can get in without too much trouble, no weapons named but likely to include LACs.
    3. Kill list is weapons that would fill a niche where other weapons already exist (specific example: SB Gauss, MMLs), or unfun (ER-LRMs, Plasma Rifles/Cannons)
    4. HAGS: Impulse has been reduced a lot, shouldn't be getting a huge amount of cockpit shake when getting hit. All HAGs share the same ammo. HAG/20s and 30s can be fired in a pair without incurring Ghost Heat. Pairs of 40s will have Ghost Heat though.
    5. Binary Lasers are intended to help with IS Las Vom for mechs that don't have 9 energy hard points.
    6. XPLs will have a lot of facetime involved, so sXPL will not be recommended for lights unless you are wolf packing or combining with MGs.
    7. They want to work on Command Consoles, but it's buried deep in the code so it's a "when they have time they'll look."
    8. Most requested equipment is XXL engines and IJJs.

Mechs:
    1. Legendaries will eventually move to MC. The Juggernaut and Moonwalker are getting MC Hero variants (no LGD suffix) first, followed by the others in release order in subsequent months.
    2. There are more "swaptech" Legendaries in the pipeline (mentioned there are 2-3).
    3. The Clan Legendary for this month is a Viper (Scaleshot) that has 3 M hardpoints in each ST, and 1 E in the CT. It will introduce So4 and So6 quirks that can be carried to other mechs (specific example, both STs and arms put on the VPR-PRIME activated the So4).
    4. The IS Legendary is the "War Emu" Stalker designed by Jay Z (Aussie Stalker aficionado) with 4 ballistic hardpoints.
    5. Another Mech pack before the end of 2023, people are assuming it's the Longbow pack but the dev would not confirm or deny.
    6. They have a lot of mechs that they want to work on.
    7. The TSP pack Executioner will apparently be a new variant.
    8. New Trial mechs (T variant) coming in September. They will have "baked in" skill trees using quirks.

Additional stuff:
    1. Maps are having the temperature figure on the loading screen updated to match the ambient temperature on the map. \
    2. Surprisingly, Terra Therma Crucible (outside of the lava) only has a moderate ambient temperature. Rubellite is the hottest map and HPG is the coldest.
    3. They have to use an exporter from 2012 for their build of Cryengine.

Scaleshot:
    rrkb0wxn5xu0.png
    kt36c9dt5t0w.png

War Emu:
    bk4u6q8u6saj.png
    kv8gmsyggdfu.png

TSP Pack Executioner:
    8ker3ou4te5b.png

Comp queue reward Timberwolf:
    62bumuwxow5m.png

Map Temperature Tables:
    m0ek0zgjs2ef.png

Nobody on
  • Options
    Sound files are done, demo is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7RAvqevOH4

• Options
    August MWO Patch Notes

Activation of Comp Queue
    TSP added (more details coming later)

New Legends
    New weapons

LRM nerf
    SSRM4 buff

BNC-3S agility buff

4 of the IS RFL (3N, DB, 8D, 5D) had their arm energy hardpoint prioritization changed.

Clan ECM Skill tree nodes nerfed
    Magazine Capacity nodes will increase ammo for HAGs.

Paper doll updates will now only take .5 seconds rather than the current 1.5.
    Domination circle is now green with more distinct outlines to improve visibility.

Lots of quirk updates, mostly cleanup but a few buffs/nerfs.

Typo fixed in Laser Family HSL names
    "Jam Chance" quirk will now show up as "UAC Jam Chance" in the quirk list.
    Clan ECM nodes no longer provide a stealth armor cooldown (given Clans don't have access to stealth armor...)

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Early weapon reports:

Binary Lasers are awesome, but they're also currently broken. They were entered with the wrong HSL so you can fire 3 without incurring Ghost Heat (limit is supposed to be 2). Supposed to be fixed in September.

HAGs are great, but also have rather long cooldowns and have more heat than regular Gauss. Currently people are running HAG vomit.

XPLs are currently bad. Cauldron is looking into ways to buff them for September, mostly looking at range.

EDIT: Also, currently T-Comps don't work with any of them. This will be addressed in the September patch.

Nobody on
  • Options
    More September stuff:

rqmgihqo7bha.png

Also, spot the changes with these Black Knights (also September patch)
    r3zk8qmkvn4v.png
    xz2nqxwb3pqs.png

• Options
    Weapon changes coming in September:
    k7enacdaahh9.png

• Options
    Loyalty program up

New variants:

IFR-J
    PIR-D
    ADR-W
    UM-S
    JR7-A
    WLF-C
    JM6-DE ("Duelist" according to leaks)

Info on some of the variants:

j2m9n7taqdba.png

• Options
    PC Gamer pages from a November issue are allegedly getting passed around online, not sure how real it is

Apparently new game is called MW5 Clans?

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/16ij81m/mechwarrior_5_clans_pcgamer_feature/

h9zrivb7mz1y.png

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Well it would be the least surprising thing since most of the mechs/weapons/etc are already made.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Steam page is up, entirely separate product, but still called MW5?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2000890/MechWarrior_5_Clans/

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    I really wouldn't expect much to change with the basic gameplay (doubt they'll do anything interesting like implement Zellbrigen rules) except some different narrative text for each mission, but I am curious what gameplay mechanics changes they will make to the strategy layer to support a Clan campaign/career.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    PGI has a page up for it now: https://mw5clans.com/

And it has a teaser (allegedly done by the same team that did Hired Steel):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYZwO5f9yk4

Nobody on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    Wait, Smoke Jaguar is the POV? So. . . we're not even trying to pretend we're good guys in this huh? Interesting choice.

I am excited.

edit- Smoke Jaguar is the Clan that makes Jade Falcon say, "Hey, maybe dial it down a notch."

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Wait, Smoke Jaguar is the POV? So. . . we're not even trying to pretend we're good guys in this huh? Interesting choice.

I am excited.

edit- Smoke Jaguar is the Clan that makes Jade Falcon say, "Hey, maybe dial it down a notch."

I mean, everybody is the hero of their own story :p

• Options
    If I can play Clan Mongoose from within Smoke Jaguar I'm back on board. Team nobodies rah rah rah!