As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new Cyberpunk thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get non-Steam versions of this to run on Steam Deck? I'm trying to run the GOG version through Heroic Launcher and I can launch into the client just fine, but can't actually seem to load a game or start a new game; it just hangs. I've tried setting it to Proton Experimental, Proton GE 8, Proton 7, nothing seems to work.

I’m fairly certain an SSD is required for the PC version now. The patch notes explicitly say not to run it on a steam deck.

Technically it says not to run it on an SD card on a Steam Deck. The internal hard drive for the (higher end) Steam Decks is an NVMe drive, so that shouldn't be the issue.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Oh lmao I forgot I can do basically all of Regina's gigs before you even start the main quest, talk about overpreparing.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get non-Steam versions of this to run on Steam Deck? I'm trying to run the GOG version through Heroic Launcher and I can launch into the client just fine, but can't actually seem to load a game or start a new game; it just hangs. I've tried setting it to Proton Experimental, Proton GE 8, Proton 7, nothing seems to work.

I’m fairly certain an SSD is required for the PC version now. The patch notes explicitly say not to run it on a steam deck.

Technically it says not to run it on an SD card on a Steam Deck. The internal hard drive for the (higher end) Steam Decks is an NVMe drive, so that shouldn't be the issue.

I have the mid-range one, will that work? I have a decent-ish PC, but I feel like my Steam Deck has slightly better specs. :P

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    Thank god - cyberware is no longer tied to the Body stat or street cred. It's limited by a new capacity gauge now, but that's fine - it means I can get stuff like double jump really early.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Yeah. I re-installed the game to a an SSD. I am kind of glad I bought two cheap ones.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Tearing through the desert with the new pop-up mounted machine guns going dakka dakka blam blam with a huge grin on my face. 😛😃😎

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I don't remember the vehicle physics feeling this floaty before. You collide with other vehicles and it's like two squidgy rubber bullets hitting in mid air.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    That's the thing
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Thank god - cyberware is no longer tied to the Body stat or street cred. It's limited by a new capacity gauge now, but that's fine - it means I can get stuff like double jump really early.

Yeah now it's limited more by which specific skills you have or haven't purchased out of the Tech tree. Just like crafting was prior to 2.0.

Mazel tov.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    Makes sense though , people good with tech will be able to get the most out of tech stuff.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Is there anything in the settings that can be a big hit to this game performance-wise, that isn't ultimately necessary?

I played on release and don't remember any real issues on that front, but the Corpo opening started to drag when I got to that club (which, granted, is probably resource heavy in its own right). Obviously I can just scale everything down a bit, but just in case.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    I've found 2.0 to run super-well so far on PS5, at least. No issues on that front.

Edit: Ray tracing. Try turning off ray tracing if you're on PC, I guess?

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Is there anything in the settings that can be a big hit to this game performance-wise, that isn't ultimately necessary?

I played on release and don't remember any real issues on that front, but the Corpo opening started to drag when I got to that club (which, granted, is probably resource heavy in its own right). Obviously I can just scale everything down a bit, but just in case.

Lizzys Bar is the worst performing area in the game that I’ve seen

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited September 2023

Lizzys Bar is the worst performing area in the game that I’ve seen

coyote bar at the start of street kid also but mostly at the very beginning of the intro. think having the mirror there makes it extra brutal.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    My hacking stat is too low to jack into the Matrix for the new thread, damn.