As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm [Kingdom], he's [Hearts], and that's [Thread].

1939495969799»

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I dread the day the series crosses over completely from fun crossover to financial flexing. From Space Jam to Space Jam 2, if you get me.

I think Star Wars would be that line for me.

I have some bad news
    in the shots of the forest area there's an AT-ST foot barely visible

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I dread the day the series crosses over completely from fun crossover to financial flexing. From Space Jam to Space Jam 2, if you get me.

I have some bad news

I saw that and it's very "I'm not 100% sure what this is" to me. It might be that and it might not be.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited April 2022

I have some bad news
    huzacylwrws81.jpg

jc7ww1mwrws81.jpg

Big Thonk.

(plot twist it's hyper-realistic Tarzan)

Donnicton on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    give me a tarzan endor crossover

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

Surprise, you got Goofy + Jar-Jar teamup!

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »

Surprise, you got Goofy + Jar-Jar teamup!

Jar-Jar replaces Pete as Maleficent's crony.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Ugh, that KH4 trailer looked so terrible. Just seemed like they were trying to FF15 again.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Ugh, that KH4 trailer looked so terrible. Just seemed like they were trying to FF15 again.

There was a FF 15 look a like game in the Toy Story world in 3, so this checks out.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I do kind of feel like the reason we are getting KH 4 and not a spin off game is because they wouldn't let Nomura just make a Final Fantasy under the pretence of it being a Kingdom Hearts prequel.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Rather than FFXV, the running joke among fans is that Nomura is specifically trying to do Versus XIII (the concept that got rewritten and renamed as FFXV) again.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    I do kind of feel like the reason we are getting KH 4 and not a spin off game is because they wouldn't let Nomura just make a Final Fantasy under the pretence of it being a Kingdom Hearts prequel.

Oh, they'd let him. Per Nomura he actively chose KH4 over a Verum Rex spinoff game.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    TamerBill wrote: »
    HamHamJ wrote: »

Oh, they'd let him. Per Nomura he actively chose KH4 over a Verum Rex spinoff game.

Sure that's the official story.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    New Trailer for Missing Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxOGWd6LoyY

Closed Beta sign-ups are open through the game's website. Only UK and Australia, though.

SE Official Beta Test Overview here.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    iOS/Android eh? Might as well not exist to me.

Gacha games. Never again.

• Options
    HyperSplattHyperSplatt Registered User regular
    iOS/Android eh? Might as well not exist to me.

Gacha games. Never again.
    Also, gacha games - not even once.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Also doesn't sound like you're missing much in terms of story.

"An age forgotten by history! An erased time, without connection or relevance to future events! An inconsequential era! Unimport! Insignificant!"

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Also doesn't sound like you're missing much in terms of story.

"An age forgotten by history! An erased time, without connection or relevance to future events! An inconsequential era! Unimport! Insignificant!"

Lol if you think that you have not paid attention to the last however many years of Kingdom Hearts.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    It's true, I pretty much checked out after II.

Things really seemed to go off the rails after that.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    The first gacha game had a spin off movie with a bunch of plot stuff that I never caught.

Related to:
    KH3 post trailer stinger with eyepatch dude.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    KHUX is the bedrock for every KH thing they're going to do after 3. Also 3 teed up more of it, revealing that a well known Org XIII character was a UX character in disguise. And also also, we went to the home world city of UX in the finale of 3.

• Options
    In any other franchise when you do a portable spin off game where the main character explicitly loses all memory of the events of the game at the end it's a not so thinly veiled excuse to never have to reference it in the mainline games.

In Kingdom Hearts it's one of the emotional cornerstones of the series and many of the characters introduced in it are foundationally important to the entire setting.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Weirdly enough 3 is much more coherent than most of the rest of the series. I'd say maybe things are improving, but I'm going to have to Google what the hell "KHUX" is and it'll probably make my brain tired.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Weirdly enough 3 is much more coherent than most of the rest of the series. I'd say maybe things are improving, but I'm going to have to Google what the hell "KHUX" is and it'll probably make my brain tired.

It originally stood for "Unchained X" (only Elon loves the letter X more than KH) and then changed to mean "Union Cross" once they added a bunch of multiplayer (union) features.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Okay, I did a little 'light' reading.
    • UX seems to broadly be about the earliest era of the whole keyblade light vs. darkness stuff, ending with the Keyblade War that leads to that keyblade graveyard world.
    • The city 'Scala ad Calum' seems to have been founded in the aftermath to train new generations of keybladers, and Missing Link will be about that.
    • Big bad Xehanort and his rival Eraqus apprently trained to be keybladers there before they went their separate ways, leading to them training the 3 main characters of Birth by Sleep.
    • All their stuff wound up dragging in the characters from the main series, Sora et. al. Which all unfolded over KH thru KH3.
    And presumably throughout Disney characters would occasionally pop on screen, do a little dance, and then leave.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    I'll give it a go when it eventually comes out next year and see what kind of GPS-based hook/gatcha commitment it has. I missed out on Pokemon Go when it first came out and if KH:ML has something similar traversing about IRL to fight virtual/AR Heartless that sounds like fun to me.

Now that got me thinking about how SE did the Dream Eater training through the 3DS AR system...

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist