Options

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Zelda and Ganondorf are out Nov. 3. Noah and Mio from Xenoblade Chronicles 3 January 13. And...

Very late, but somehow they actually did it!

Edit: Ugh, did Elon finally break embedding? It's Sora.

Edit edit: beated.

I'm guessing I fixed it for you :P It's not Elon's fault (this time :P), they haven't updated the URL to recognize X.com as a valid embed :P

Anyways, see, told ya they'd do Sora :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Zelda and Ganondorf are out Nov. 3. Noah and Mio from Xenoblade Chronicles 3 January 13. And...

Very late, but somehow they actually did it!

Edit edit: beated.

I'm guessing I fixed it for you :P It's not Elon's fault (this time :P), they haven't updated the URL to recognize X.com as a valid embed :P

Anyways, see, told ya they'd do Sora :P

I still say Sakurai wouldn't have given us that weird note of caution if there weren't difficulties in getting him approved.

But I'm really glad it worked out.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Tweet embedding only works with a twitter.com URL.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Here's hoping I can get in on the Noah/Mio pre-order before they disappear. Need to keep me eyes open.

I gotchu! I'm excited to get sora and finish my collection
    I hope I make it that long, as sad as that sounds

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Here's hoping I can get in on the Noah/Mio pre-order before they disappear. Need to keep me eyes open.

Have you gotten bad news of recent? I thought the last update was a positive one. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
    • Options
      ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
      Yeah, I missed Mythra/Pyra, really don't want to miss Noah and Mio.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    • Options
      AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
      I think that beyond Mythra/Pyra, the only Smash amiibo I'm missing are Luigi (because I got a superior one) and Villager (because fuck if I'm letting that serial killer into my house).

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    • Options

Have you gotten bad news of recent? I thought the last update was a positive one. :(

Nope. But MRIs still clear (as of August) but glioblastomas are nasty bitches

• Options
        KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
        So glad there is only one sora and they didn't decide to make upwards of 5 of him.

• Options
        Well I ordered 1 of each. Can't wait to get sora so I can delete Twitter forever

• Options
          Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
          edited September 2023
          Apparently Noah and Mio were up and sold out in like 10 min T_T

Edit: Back up
          https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-noah-mio-2-pack-xenoblade-chronicles-3-series-multi/6561751.p?skuId=6561751

Now Best Buy if you would plz send me the confirmation emails so I know you actually got my orders.....

Edit 2: Aaaaaaand it's gone... again... May be worth continuing to keep checking. Also just got both Best Buy emails so wooo! Locked in!

Warlock82 on
          Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
        • Options
          MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
          $40 for the two pack? Weren't Pyra and Mythra $30?

• Options
          Dag nabbit!! :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
          Add me!
        • Options
          AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
          edited September 2023
          Missed the XC3, but that's okay. I got the Zelda/Gannondorf, which is what I want as I'm woefully behind in my Xeno adventures.

I was reminded that I didn't have Big Man pre-ordered at Best Buy.. but then I remembered to check this thread and yup, still on pre-order. :D

I also recently discovered that I don't have Skyward Sword Link. Thanks, TotK! ... now, do I go out and hunt for one just because it comes with a unique item in a game that won't be getting more DLC? ...

.... maybe.

Athenor on
          He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
        • Options
          TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
          Athenor wrote: »
          Missed the XC3, but that's okay. I got the Zelda/Gannondorf, which is what I want as I'm woefully behind in my Xeno adventures.

I was reminded that I didn't have Big Man pre-ordered at Best Buy.. but then I remembered to check this thread and yup, still on pre-order. :D

I also recently discovered that I don't have Skyward Sword Link. Thanks, TotK! ... now, do I go out and hunt for one just because it comes with a unique item in a game that won't be getting more DLC? ...

.... maybe.

He’s in the $20-$25 range on Mercari. Not unreasonable at all

• Options
          RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
          Hmm. I thought for sure we would get DLC to go along with those Zelda amiibo. But they indicated it’s not going to happen. Not that we need an excuse for neat little figures… but it’s a little odd.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
        • Options
          AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

.... maybe.

What unique item does the skyward sword amiibo get you in totk?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
        • Options
          edited September 2023
          AT TARGET BUT I DONT HAVE A LINK

here

TimFiji on
          • Options
            Sora's going to sell out in 0.3 seconds when he goes up, isn't he.

• Options

No way. They're gonna overproduce those like Minecraft. At least that's my guess.

• Options

No way. They're gonna overproduce those like Minecraft. At least that's my guess.

I wouldn't underestimate the passion of Kingdom Hearts fans. Plus I figure he'll stir up the Smash completionists.

• Options

.... maybe.

Many of the Zelda series amiibo can give you unique paraglider skins. While the amiibo could drop armor or weapons related to their game (that you can find without the amiibo as they are gameplay affecting), the paraglider skins are unique. Not all of them are as cool as the Gleeock skin, but there are some bangers.

• Options

here

Thank you! I was able to get a pre-order in at Target.

Why in the world is it 40 bucks? Crazy how expensive they have gotten!

PSN - Brainiac_8
              Add me!
            • Options
              BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

.... maybe.

here

@Athenor

They're still available on Target for pre-order.

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-xenoblade-chronicles-3-series-amiibo-figures-noah-mio-2pk/-/A-89966391#lnk=sametab

oosik_betsuni.png
              Steam: betsuni7
            • Options
              Thanks for the head's up. The "here" link didn't work on mobile for me (the app just searched for generic amiibo), and by the time I saw your notification, the website had sold out of preorders as well.

I'm not terribly worried. I'm not a 100% completionist when it comes to amiibo, especially for games that I haven't played.

• Options
              Did anyone want any of the latest releases but couldn't snag one?

• Options
                ZythonZython Registered User regular

I'm hoping to get a Noah/Mio pack, but not too worried until release date.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
                Steam: pazython
              • Options
                Zython wrote: »

I'm hoping to get a Noah/Mio pack, but not too worried until release date.

I currently have a 2nd on preorder I don't need (I always do 2 if my friend can't get hers, but she got it!) so let me know. I can keep the preorder active - it's a ways off.

• Options
                  plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
                  What do the deep cut amiibo do? Costumes!
                  https://youtu.be/8kKwQjI_uZw?si=yEf4kwrrW9QFwc_Q

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
                  steam_sig.png
                • Options
                  ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
                  edited November 2023

.... maybe.

Many of the Zelda series amiibo can give you unique paraglider skins. While the amiibo could drop armor or weapons related to their game (that you can find without the amiibo as they are gameplay affecting), the paraglider skins are unique. Not all of them are as cool as the Gleeock skin, but there are some bangers.

there's a great chart I found on Reddit that lists all of them (except for the new totk ones, of which I'm hoping to nab at least Ganon this weekend! I just have 8 bit link currently myself, it's nice for the daily drops, especially the knights sword thats a common drop)
                  ha3ow57x85bp.png
                  https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/13jckuu/totk_i_finally_finished_compiling_an_image_guide/

but yeah all the items are available in-game except for the paraglider skins

Zavian on
                • Options
                  plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
                  Oh shit. Thicc Daddy Ganondorf is out today????

And Zelda, I guess.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
                  steam_sig.png
                • Options
                  KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
                  Zelda's mastersword looks like it got dipped in Smash Link's peestick.
                  Ganondorf, when viewed front on, has a goofy smirk going.
                  Can't wait to get home and add them to the noise

• Options
                  ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
                  edited November 2023
                  just picked up my Ganon amiibo, it's really great detail! as mentioned above, I love his little smirk.
                  487wizn4hki9.png

i just used it in TOTK and it gave me an explosive barrel, four meats and a high level gloom sword. not bad!

Zavian on
                • Options
                  RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
                  It’s too bad these amiibo came out long after I’m done with the game. Still very surprised by the no DLC news.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
                • Options
                  DirtyDirty Registered User regular
                  Had my Ganondorf amiibo pre-order cancelled by Best Buy for ... silly reasons. I almost decided not to get it, but Zelda figures that aren't Link still aren't that common, so I had to get it. I have a couple of Princess Zeldas already, so I passed on her new figure. Would love to see a Figma of this version of Ganondorf.

• Options
                  edited November 2023
                  PSA: Gamestop is currently doing a $5 off $15+ orders when you order 'Pick Up At Store' with an online order. This means you can get one of the new TOTK amiibo for $5 off, or ALL of them at $5 off each if you order them individually.

I just ordered TOTK Zelda and Link for only $11.81 each and going to pick up later today!

EDIT:I nabbed them and made a little shelf space for them on my work from home desk next to my zelda game and watch that I use as a clock:
                  9tc89sos7whh.png

Zavian on
                • Options
                  Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has just been updated with extended Amiibo support:
                  Made it so you can acquire the “Varia Suit” when using a Metroid series amiibo.
                  Made it so you can acquire the “Hylian Suit” when using a Legend of Zelda series amiibo.
                  Made it so you can acquire the “Kirby Suit” when using a Kirby series amiibo.
                  Made it so you can acquire the “Daisy Suit” when using a Daisy amiibo.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26098/~/how-to-update-mario-kart-8-deluxe

• Options
                  When was the last time a AAA non-mmo game was still getting support 9 1/2 years after release?!