Options

Number[chat]

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    wait no I do have an opinion on decorative pear trees

I like the bradford pear on the grounds that its flower blossoms smell like cum, which is both funny and induces those talking about it in polite settings to have to find ways to object to the tree on the grounds that it smells like cum without saying cum, or revealing they know what cum smells like

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    I don’t want to talk too much shit because the few interactions I’ve had with her have been pleasant enough, but I’m certain one of my coworkers is a former meth addict. She’s a year older than me but looks older than my coworkers in their 60’s

Also all her teeth are rotted out

🫤

It’s either that or intense sugar addiction

But probably meth, yeah

Good for her if she got over it, though. It’s the hardest addiction to overcome.

I’m just happy that with my addiction issues, meth was the one drug I never had any desire to do more than once

It’s the worst drug there is
    I dunno, have you talked to anyone who is “high on life?” They are insufferable.

I think I want to marry a ‘don’t talk to me until I’ve had my coffee’ person so I can morning-cheer them into killing me some day. The dynamic sounds fun.

I mean, morning people are basically psychopaths so this tracks.

Something morning people must know but for whatever reason it doesn't register, is that the people they're being monstrous to aren't sleeping more, theyre just sleeping different hours. And morning people are just as vulnerable to attack late in the day!

Scheduling dinners for 10pm, midnight movie showings where they're poked every time they nod off. Getting called grandpa. Developing dementia at an early age because thats highly correlated with habitually early rising.

This is an extremely funny thing to be a martyr about

I mean people have only been shitty to me about it for 30 years and its not something I can seemingly change

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I’ve decided Taylor Swift is boring

Don’t tell her though

I don’t need a dis track
    “Amy did drugs off my guitar” would get a billion hits.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I don’t want to talk too much shit because the few interactions I’ve had with her have been pleasant enough, but I’m certain one of my coworkers is a former meth addict. She’s a year older than me but looks older than my coworkers in their 60’s

🫤

But probably meth, yeah

Good for her if she got over it, though. It’s the hardest addiction to overcome.

I’m just happy that with my addiction issues, meth was the one drug I never had any desire to do more than once

I dunno, have you talked to anyone who is “high on life?” They are insufferable.

I think I want to marry a ‘don’t talk to me until I’ve had my coffee’ person so I can morning-cheer them into killing me some day. The dynamic sounds fun.

Something morning people must know but for whatever reason it doesn't register, is that the people they're being monstrous to aren't sleeping more, theyre just sleeping different hours. And morning people are just as vulnerable to attack late in the day!

Scheduling dinners for 10pm, midnight movie showings where they're poked every time they nod off. Getting called grandpa. Developing dementia at an early age because thats highly correlated with habitually early rising.

I mean people have only been shitty to me about it for 30 years and its not something I can seemingly change

Ah I thought you were specifically talking about the conversation here in chat, which was mild.

It seems shitty that business practices in particular are often slanted toward the early morning by boomers who moralize early rising. And I see it kind of creeping up again in these social media lifestyle people who talk about doing cold plunges at 4am or whatever.

But overall, grumble grumble mornings are hard seems to me like the dominant social position.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have hit crash mode. Wife though is wide awake tonight.

We did watch the Ryan Gosling SNL. @Atomika and @amateurhour that was a legit good episode with multiple funny sketches.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 28
    Pauly Shore wrote on Instagram that he was “up all night crying” after Richard Simmons continued to publicly distance himself from the biopic on his life that Shore is attached to star in. Furthermore, Simmons revealed on his social media platforms that he’s talking to film studios about making his own biopic.

“I just read that a man that I don’t know is writing my bio pic starring Pauly Shore,” Simmons posted earlier this week. “I do not approve this movie."

“I was up all night crying regarding Richard Simmons’ tweet,” Shore responded. “Richard, how do you not approve of this movie? I mean, really, who’s better to play you in a movie than ME? Leonardo DiCaprio’s not gonna play you. Brad Pitt’s not gonna play you. I’m perfect. Everyone already thinks I’m you. We’re the same.”

You leave Richard Simmons alone! That man was encouraging the country to adopt healthier habits and attitudes while you were wheezing the juice.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Morning people who leave me alone are totally fine because to each their own etc etc

Morning people who think it's funny to either actively or passive aggressively wake me up?

Straight into the people blender and force fed to their loved ones as soup.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I have hit crash mode. Wife though is wide awake tonight.

We did watch the Ryan Gosling SNL. Atomika and amateurhour that was a legit good episode with multiple funny sketches.

Agreed. Best of the season.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Pauly Shore wrote on Instagram that he was “up all night crying” after Richard Simmons continued to publicly distance himself from the biopic on his life that Shore is attached to star in. Furthermore, Simmons revealed on his social media platforms that he’s talking to film studios about making his own biopic.

“I just read that a man that I don’t know is writing my bio pic starring Pauly Shore,” Simmons posted earlier this week. “I do not approve this movie."

“I was up all night crying regarding Richard Simmons’ tweet,” Shore responded. “Richard, how do you not approve of this movie? I mean, really, who’s better to play you in a movie than ME? Leonardo DiCaprio’s not gonna play you. Brad Pitt’s not gonna play you. I’m perfect. Everyone already thinks I’m you. We’re the same.”

You leave Richard Simmons alone! That man was encouraging the country to adopt healthier habits and attitudes while you were wheezing the juice.

Have you been keeping up on the last ten years of Simmons’ life?

Things got weird.

• Options
    I don’t care what time in the morning I wake up as long as:

1. I got at least 7 hours of sleep
    2. Nobody woke me up being loud or rude
    3. I was allowed at least one additional hour to get my head together

• Options
    Richard Simmons is such a weirdly tragic figure.
    When the king gets depressed, he doesn't call for his wife or the cook. He turns to the little man with the pointed hat and says to the court jester "make me laugh". And I am that court jester.

He's tired of it and has been trying to disappear for a decade.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    edited April 28
    Quid wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »
    Batmans back and hes ready to fuck

He likes what he likes
    42OIKFKh.png

Batmetal?

Kruite on
  • Options
    The Papyrus 2 skit needed to be like half as long. It has basically one funny joke (its just the same font in bold) but then they took it to a weird and unfunny place over the next 4+ minutes (the award for logo design gala???)

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    IIRC Papyrus was one of those fonts that became widely used because it had a permissive free licencd that allowed derivitive works. Font snobs never seemed to understand how licencing works.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I'm brave enough to admit that I not only don't care for the papyrus font, I but I also don't have strong opinions about any fonts

Not even comic sans

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Baseball played procreate like spores actually.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    If SNL castmembers broke constantly in sketches, it wouldn't be funny, it would just be kind of annoying and unprofessional. So I do kind of agree with the pressure they're under to keep composure at all costs, vs the public clamoring for more.

but still I loved Heidi Gardner's break in the Beavis and Butthead bit. It was perfect, and made more perfect by how rarely she loses composure

• Options
    You know I really should win an award for how many brave and courageous opinions I'm not afraid to say

• Options
    edited April 28
    If SNL castmembers broke constantly in sketches, it wouldn't be funny, it would just be kind of annoying and unprofessional. So I do kind of agree with the pressure they're under to keep composure at all costs, vs the public clamoring for more.

but still I loved Heidi Gardner's break in the Beavis and Butthead bit. It was perfect, and made more perfect by how rarely she loses composure

Full disclosure: I think nearly every snl sketch is improved when the actors break

That said, the Beavis and Butthead sketch would have been so so bad if not for all the actor breaks

It truly made the sketch

Neco on
  • Options
    @Kruite where did you end up eating

Tell me everything

• Options

For me the best part of her breaking was how it just exploded out of her 😂

Most breaking is the actors struggling to keep it straight during a sketch because of how they’re seeing each other’s reactions, but this was just Heidi completely being taken by surprise. She went from completely in-character to completely broken in about half a second.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 28

🫤

But probably meth, yeah

Ah I thought you were specifically talking about the conversation here in chat, which was mild.

It seems shitty that business practices in particular are often slanted toward the early morning by boomers who moralize early rising. And I see it kind of creeping up again in these social media lifestyle people who talk about doing cold plunges at 4am or whatever.

But overall, grumble grumble mornings are hard seems to me like the dominant social position.

I was briefly worried about this due to my genetic disposition to Alzheimer's and the fact that I do wake up at 4 or 5am every day, but then I saw that it also was tied to people going to bed way early and getting more than 8 hours of sleep and whew dodged a bullet there. 6 hours at best club right here.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I can’t get more than 6.5 hours without medicinal help

• Options
    This heart burn is brutal.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I get dementia somebody better introduce me to some of the wilder facets of physics.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    @Kruite where did you end up eating

Tell me everything

Ive had two home meals with my aunt so far. We went to Styles Switch in Austin for lunch. I'm angry because I couldn't eat everything. I had the sausage special and the pork ribs. I will eat the brisket and pulled pork next time.

My two sides were a picked cucumber and tomato salad which was refreshing, and a bowl of sauted brussel sprouts that were saturated with some sort of sweet and spicy concoction.

My aunt is leaving for Houston to see Rolling Stones Monday. So I'll spend tomorrow getting that chinese food for lunch and making it back to AR before nightfall

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I can’t get more than 6.5 hours without medicinal help

Goonin aint easy

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    I get dementia somebody better introduce me to some of the wilder facets of physics.
    Hybrid quantum computing is weird.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The holographic principle is still a top tier wtf

1. (Stephen Hawking et al) You're thinking that it can't be that Black Holes destroy information, because that seems like it Breaks Stuff
    2. So you posit that since you can't look inside the black hole all the information must be visible from watching its surface. Time for Math!
    3. It works! People laud you as the future of physics
    4. And then you think "Nothing in the stuff I just wrote down applies solely to Black Holes. It could also apply to the entire universe
    5. If all the info in the universe is able to be written down 2D+T, then is the 3rd dimension "Real?!"

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Well this is a first. I never dealt with a girlfriend this rip roaring drunk before.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Well this is a first. I never dealt with a girlfriend this rip roaring drunk before.

Better start looking up recipes for hangover cures now.

• Options
    I just want to have some bacon is that so wrong

Someone please email me some bacon

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    IIRC Papyrus was one of those fonts that became widely used because it had a permissive free licencd that allowed derivitive works. Font snobs never seemed to understand how licencing works.

This is exactly why it's a joke in the design industry. It's the same as making your business logo out Ariel. It's lazy and cheap and unprofessional.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

It's like with Colbert back on the Daily Show/Colbert Report. His ability to stay straight faced through everything is what makes the rare occasion when he fucking loses it so good.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

This is exactly why it's a joke in the design industry. It's the same as making your business logo out Ariel. It's lazy and cheap and unprofessional.

<clever joke about the little mermaid>

• Options
    Ariel

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

beware the toilet crying/hugging

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »

beware the toilet crying/hugging

She did that already

• Options
    At least she’s a very cute superdrunk

It has also helped me realize I don’t miss drinking at all

This discussion has been closed.