Options

Hellgate: London † Time to learn Korean?

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I totally forgot what little I knew about this game.

Anything I should specifically avoid?

I'm thinking of making a Marksman to just blow shit up. Any advice on skills/attributes?

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Leaving work shortly when I get home I will hop on and throw out some invites.

corin7 on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Derrick wrote: »

I'm thinking of making a Marksman to just blow shit up. Any advice on skills/attributes?

you want dead eye as soon as you can get it, basically, and avoid ravager/rebounder/concussion rounds

it's hard to go wrong, really

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kinloss the marksman still looking for a guild invite.

captaink on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    you want dead eye as soon as you can get it, basically, and avoid ravager/rebounder/concussion rounds

And here I was adviced by Devoir to get ravager.

ADVICE PARADOX

Echo on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Huh? Ravager and Rebounder Rounds are both fucking amazing, doubly so if you are going for a run-n-gun type build.

edit: Don't listen to Jim, he's a faggot.
    <3

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Span, your complaints are the definition of eloquence. The schlubs over at the official forums (many of whom don't own the game and are commenting based on beta experience) seem to practice the strawman as a way of life.

Tomorrow's going to be a red letter day, I hope; iPhone 2 and Hellgate 2.0 on the test server.

Exciting :)

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    We need to somehow ingrain more people into the guild.

Shit's lonely.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Kajusta wrote: »

Huh? Ravager and Rebounder Rounds are both fucking amazing, doubly so if you are going for a run-n-gun type build.

edit: Don't listen to Jim, he's a faggot.
    <3

well if you are going to get them, get one or the other but not both as they are a firing mode, not a passive ability now

the problem with rebounder is that at max rank, your shots have a 100% chance to rebound

so your shots will do double damage if your rebounded shot hits a second target, which is unlikely considering bullets in this game apparently rebound like light does on a mirror

ravager are slightly better but apparently the retargeting shot can't retarget the original thing it hit

edit:
    Echo wrote: »

And here I was adviced by Devoir to get ravager.

ADVICE PARADOX

ravager rounds aren't bad per say, but I'm of the opinion that nearly everything else in the tree is better

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I thought getting both was better in the long run anyways, since both are synergies of each other.

Plus, what else are you going to get if you are run and gunning it? I mean, strikes are cool and all, but eh.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    multi shot is a good choice, along with it's improved counterparts

kite things around until they get a little low, then let them come in close and tear them all apart

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Invites sent:

Kinloss
    Scarne
    Whiess
    Raslin

Although kinloss may have rejected it. All invites are coming from Ambi.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Wait what's the name of the guild? I got an invite but it seemed random.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Broken Machine

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah I turned it down:oops:

captaink on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Made my Evoker, named her Lamoria since Narian was taken.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    As I said in my first post about this...

Get ravager and use it as your LMB. Get multishot and use it whenever it's up. It's a 30 second cooldown and will plough through anything that you're fighting at the time, be it a boss or a huge swarm of monsters. It indirectly synergises with ravager, especially when you're fighting a large group of monsters.

Ravager will significantly hasten killing any group of monsters. If you're fighting a single, it should die quickly anyway. If it doesn't, that's what multishot's for.

Get beacon, use it on your RMB. Use it on everything. It's cheap, cooldown is quick.

If you want to cheeze everything, use a fire-damage gun and load it up with ignite based mods. If you do this, then get elemental beacon.

Assuming you don't get any +skills, a cookiecutter build based on what I've said above would look like this at 50. http://hellgate.ingame.de/charplanner/marksman/?l=50&aa=0&a=00000000&s=0000a010700a40070000000a000

Strikes and grenades have their uses, but that's pretty much the stock standard run and gun build.

devoir on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Threepio wrote: »
    Span, your complaints are the definition of eloquence. The schlubs over at the official forums (many of whom don't own the game and are commenting based on beta experience) seem to practice the strawman as a way of life.

Tomorrow's going to be a red letter day, I hope; iPhone 2 and Hellgate 2.0 on the test server.

Exciting :)
    Why thank you good sir, I feel as if I should have a pic of my character now with a top hat and a cane going "pip pip" because of your eloquent comment. Failing that I'll have to make due with this.

1180741320.jpg
    Spoilered due to furfaggotry.

coloring is wrong, but you get the idea.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    As I said in my first post about this...

Get ravager and use it as your LMB. Get multishot and use it whenever it's up. It's a 30 second cooldown and will plough through anything that you're fighting at the time, be it a boss or a huge swarm of monsters. It indirectly synergises with ravager, especially when you're fighting a large group of monsters.

Ravager will significantly hasten killing any group of monsters. If you're fighting a single, it should die quickly anyway. If it doesn't, that's what multishot's for.

Get beacon, use it on your RMB. Use it on everything. It's cheap, cooldown is quick.

If you want to cheeze everything, use a fire-damage gun and load it up with ignite based mods. If you do this, then get elemental beacon.

Assuming you don't get any +skills, a cookiecutter build based on what I've said above would look like this at 50. http://hellgate.ingame.de/charplanner/marksman/?l=50&aa=0&a=00000000&s=0000a010700a40070000000a000

Strikes and grenades have their uses, but that's pretty much the stock standard run and gun build.

i disagree with everything you have ever said!!

we will arm wrestle until one of us is an amputee

(it's a good build but not my dang ol' thing)

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Is it possible to 'reset' an instance?

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    make a party, then unlist yourself.

Or, alternatively, join a party and leave it.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    Yeah I turned it down:oops:

That's it you have blown your one chance. haha. Throwing you another invite here in a minute.

corin7 on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So are you guys on a lot? I've been doing the single player and am starting to like this again, so I'm considering signing up.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Basic Multi is free, remember.

I played actual multiplayer today with just some random idiots, and even that was more fun. All kinds of magic and shit flying around.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I've been on almost every day for the past 2 weeks or so.

But yeah, if we're accepting invites to Elite players/alts, I'd like an invite to the guild for Evoh.

Turns out I enjoy blowing up foo's with my Gundian more than my Marksman right now.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't think you can have elite players in the same guild?

Happily levelling up on the test centre, looks like there's a fair number of people in a permanent TC guild there.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You can have Elite players in the same guild.

I had an alt in Templar and there were a ton of Elite players in it.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just realized something.. leading up to release weren't they saying that the generic zombies were supposed to have all kinds of clothing sets and be in various stages of undress that would mix and match so that they would look somewhat unique and you wouldn't be fighting the same naked zombie ten thousand times over? What ever happened to that? Right now we just have, generic naked zombie, female zombie with clothes and fat zombie with clothes, but the female and fat ones all wear exactly the same thing.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    They probably realized that for whatever work they'd put into doing that it wouldn't get such a good return.

Or they probably just ran out of money.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    They probably realized that for whatever work they'd put into doing that it wouldn't get such a good return.

Or they probably just ran out of money.
    But they were pretty much done with the feature, I mean I saw dozens of screenshots showing it off. Hell even if it wasn't finished at least SOME variety would have been better than nothing right?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Do you have the interviews/screenshots or know where they are?

And yeah, variety would be nice. I see no reason as to why it would be cut if it was already in the game at that time.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Maybe they removed it for performance reasons? If they were as complete as you say they were something major must have caused a snag.

In other news, rumors a foot TC going down @10am PDT, downtime ~1 hour, I'm so excited I almost uppercutted a customer.

I just want some damned patch notes to hold me over for the next 5 hours til I get home, D: We wants it!!!

WillisIVIIX on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Good god. 2.0 on the the TC and the JesusPhone 2 at the same time? Someone check the Tower of London for ravens... this feels like the apocalypse. A price drop on the PS3 today would kill me stone dead.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Do you have the interviews/screenshots or know where they are?

And yeah, variety would be nice. I see no reason as to why it would be cut if it was already in the game at that time.
    I could probably find hundreds of screenshots, but I did a quick search and found one of the first screenshots ever released for the game back in 2005 and it looks like they already had it implemented back then.
    hellgate-london-20050426010548193.jpg

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

I played actual multiplayer today with just some random idiots, and even that was more fun. All kinds of magic and shit flying around.

Ah so I can roll with you guys even if I'm not a sub? I take it I need to create a separate character from my single player one, right?

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    JonnyBot wrote: »

Ah so I can roll with you guys even if I'm not a sub? I take it I need to create a separate character from my single player one, right?

Yeah you have to create a multiplayer character. You can group any of us as long as we aren't in the stone henge zones.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Next time you're on corin, throw Lamoria an invite if possible. Righ now I'm heading to Chocolate Park to fuck up some demons. :D

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    corin7 wrote: »
    JonnyBot wrote: »

Yeah you have to create a multiplayer character. You can group any of us as long as we aren't in the stone henge zones.

Awesome. I think I'll go ahead and subscribe, though not until I get paid again. For some reason I'm enjoying it a lot more then I did before. AoC for some reason isn't clicking with me right.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, I um, may get this game later, depends. However, question. I played in the beta, can I still use those account details, or do I have to create a new account?

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Zandracon wrote: »
    So, I um, may get this game later, depends. However, question. I played in the beta, can I still use those account details, or do I have to create a new account?

Should still work.

corin7 on