As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Got 99 Problems But A [CHAT] Ain't One

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I like mine better.

Tam on
  • Options
    EdmanEdman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You haven't seen his car...

Edman on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well played

Tam on
  • Options
    devicesdevices Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You haven't seen his car...

the christmobile

rockin them holy spinnaz

devices on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yesterday, I was having lunch with a friend and couldn't help but overhear this man... this fountain of wisdom made flesh, imparting his great knowledge on all those at Pizzeria Uno.

He talked about everything, from how to run a restaurant successfully, to how Jesus was black, to how to find the perfect man. The funny thing was, he would contradict himself so often that it was amazing nobody called him out on anything...

Anyone ever run into these 'Foutain of Wisdom' type people. Those guys that have the answer to everything and insist on giving you advice on how to run your career when their job requres them to say 'Want fries with that?'

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Not One word.

I've taken enough grief about calling my goddamn car the goddamn Christmobile.

I'm the Goddamn Jesus and I can call my goddamn car whatever the hell I want to call it.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    "Don't call me Jeezy Creezy."

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    devicesdevices Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Not One word.

I've taken enough grief about calling my goddamn car the goddamn Christmobile.

I'm the Goddamn Jesus and I can call my goddamn car whatever the hell I want to call it.

lol the goddamn jesus

father why hast thou forsaken me?

devices on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yesterday, I was having lunch with a friend and couldn't help but overhear this man... this fountain of wisdom made flesh, imparting his great knowledge on all those at Pizzeria Uno.

He talked about everything, from how to run a restaurant successfully, to how Jesus was black, to how to find the perfect man. The funny thing was, he would contradict himself so often that it was amazing nobody called him out on anything...

Anyone ever run into these 'Foutain of Wisdom' type people. Those guys that have the answer to everything and insist on giving you advice on how to run your career when their job requres them to say 'Want fries with that?'

Should of just walked up to him and asked him a bunch of random questions like "Why mathematics make my pee burn bright red? Am I touching myself too much? Or do dinosaurs have anything to do with it?" Then just reach in your pants and pop a ketchup packet in your underwear and pull out your hand and say "SEE? WTF IS THIS?"

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So anyway, I'm never drinking again. Hangovers that last two days > 10 beers and half a bottle of wine.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Found this guy, http://markcrilley.deviantart.com/ If you know you can draw better than that guy, your all set to make a full fledged comic that can be published. HE FUCKING SUCKS!!! No really, he does. No....seriously...WTF. Well, he is getting paid for it....I mean, its really bad for me to say someone sucks, no artist "SUCKS". I just don't see how he can get something like this published and I see better comics by people that never see the light of day....Is it a "who you know" kind of thing? There is number one out of those 99 problems.

*bangs* Though I *head* could just *repeatedly* be *on desk* plain stupid. *bangs*.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Pious wrote: »
    Found this guy, http://markcrilley.deviantart.com/ If you know you can draw better than that guy, your all set to make a full fledged comic that can be published. HE FUCKING SUCKS!!! No really, he does. No....seriously...WTF. Well, he is getting paid for it....I mean, its really bad for me to say someone sucks, no artist "SUCKS". I just don't see how he can get something like this published and I see better comics by people that never see the light of day....Is it a "who you know" kind of thing? There is number one out of those 99 problems.

*bangs* Though I *head* could just *repeatedly* be *on desk* plain stupid. *bangs*.

Other than being stiff and boring and derivative I don't see the...oh.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    http://heavyink.com/title/2603-Ap-How-Not-To-Draw-Manga-Pkt-Manga

Just find this book, read it, laugh your ass off, buy it, worship it, fuck it, I don't care. Just pay attention to it.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

What? what's the problem? I mean, apart from it being manga?

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Mustang wrote: »

What? what's the problem? I mean, apart from it being manga?

I'm asking myself the same question... is it the 3 pictures of the same guy in the same frame?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    He doesn't seem great, but he's not horrible.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I went into a 12-page "sample" that explained nothing and did not entice me to purchase the book to read more.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh, so it's the writing that sucks?

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's grammatically sound.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, I know he doesn't SUCK! As a human artist being thingy.......god thats sounds stupid...why am I not deleting it...meh. I've seen his actual manga, I couldn't read it cause of his art. The way he drew it is not just a generic manga, but its stereotypical. A lot of blushing girls and crazy manga expressions. I read a lot of manga,well a lot of the same volume of manga, like only reading 6 but reading all bloody 20+ volumes, it does have a tendensy to do that, but it doesn't lean on it. Its like he's friends with Christopher Hart, and just copies the style. There's making a comic book in manga format, like 300 pages black and white using screen tones, then theres just trying to be "Japanese" manga. I dunno what I'm trying to say...but whatever, people are eating it, he's getting paid, making babies feeding them and being a productive member of society and loving it.

God damn it, top of the page bull shit. What do I do? Dance?

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dance like you've never danced before.

Also, I don't think the style is as important as the story: something a 16 pg spoiler free preview isn't going to give you. I'm not saying I would ever buy it (it seems like a early teen girly type story) but there are far worse series on the shelves.

edit: @walmart: How do you justify selling 90 pieces of lead for 3 dollars and 94 cents, while you sell 30 pieces of lead for 94 cents? CAN YOU NOT ADD? Or do you think your customers are too stupid to realize buying three separate smaller packs is actually over a dollar cheaper?

I'm guessing the latter.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Also, I don't think the style is as important as the story: something a 16 pg spoiler free preview isn't going to give you. I'm not saying I would ever buy it (it seems like a early teen girly type story) but there are far worse series on the shelves.

And pieces of art, frankly! :P

God graphic designers poop out the worst crap sometimes

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nappuccino wrote: »

And pieces of art, frankly! :P

Random Artist: Here is my latest piece. I call it "How gullible are you?" As you can see, this is the toilet from my bathroom and I have painted daisys and daffodils on it on it. Then, I have cleverly placed it upside down for your viewing enjoyment. It is quite deep, but I can not tell you the meaning for it ruins its essence.

People in the crowd: *wild cheers and applause*

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited September 2008

That's because of the "being a graphic designer would be cool" factor, then they study 'Graphic Design Generic Course"at Fuckwit U, get a job and still havn't a fucking clue about designing anything beyond what the Big Book of Design taught them. Then they sit around drinking moccafrappachinnodecafinatedhalfcaffe and crap on about their epic design of Crazy Bills Big Bonaza Saleyard logo. Which says Crazy Bills Big Bonanza Saleyard in Black Impact on a yellow background.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

That's because of the "being a graphic designer would be cool" factor, then they study 'Graphic Design Generic Course"at Fuckwit U, get a job and still havn't a fucking clue about designing anything beyond what the Big Book of Design taught them.

Exactly.

Seriously, Graphic Design seemed to be the "well, I failed at the original two majors I was going for...so I'll just do ART". Shit, I hated that mentality when I was in my state college. The problem was, it was rampant - at least half of the kinds in "graphic design" or "studio art" had no idea what they were doing, and worse - they didn't care. They just wanted "a degree" and figured that art didn't take much effort.

AUGH.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

That's because of the "being a graphic designer would be cool" factor, then they study 'Graphic Design Generic Course"at Fuckwit U, get a job and still havn't a fucking clue about designing anything beyond what the Big Book of Design taught them. Then they sit around drinking moccafrappachinnodecafinatedhalfcaffe and crap on about their epic design of Crazy Bills Big Bonaza Saleyard logo. Which says Crazy Bills Big Bonanza Saleyard in Black Impact on a yellow background.

So fucking true, my bro builds web pages, different fields, same stupidity. Stupidity knows no race or job or whatever cause its stupid. Anyhoo, he's really good, not like, he's my bro he's good, no, he's good. He's been doing it for like 8 years, and the job he's at now, the dudes know nothing. They basically give him all the php/css/ whatever thats not html to him. They charge there clients upwards to 5k dollars, slap together a crappy web page, or a good one if my bro has to do it, or the guy sitting behind him, cause he's honest, but they don't see a cent of it. The managers are basically talking about there new cars and yachts and shit, yell at my bro, and go shit and giggle in there money. So my bro is just exaggerating when he works so he doesn't have to do shit. Like something that would take like 10 mins to work on, he says "Oh yeah, thats going to take me like 3 hours." Then he finishes it and plays around on the net.

Anyhoo, here's something happy to me

Picture0012.jpg

I never wanted to show a pic of me, but my sideburns are finally full bloom. I don't know why puberty didnt' start at my face. I'm 20, and it took me a whole year to get these WTF? Well, now I just need to buy some pointy elf ears from ebay and start vulcan bitch slapping star wars fans.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like the way you think.

Godfather on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    hay guys, guess what!
    i'm going to be in a gallery show!
    but it's in like a week, they totally messaged me last minute and were like "hay not enough people are putting stuff in this show, please put some stuff together"

so... yea, i don't know what to do, just do prints of my current stuff maybe?
    i should do a bunch of really edgy vector work.
    but i don't have any ideas
    i should post in se++ and ask them to come up with random stuff for me, then make vectorized versions of all their crazy thoughts
    hipsters would eat that shit right up

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Congrats Beavo :)

If you only have a week, I'd be amazed if you could create enough new pieces for it... not to mention I think they'd be happy just to have artwork to show since they're calling at last min.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Depends on how inspired you are. Do new stuff if you feel up to it, or print out current stuff and intimidate people with your Terminatrix hotness.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    cocks

i just forged a steel penis

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    cocks

i just forged a steel penis

I dare you to hold it over your head in public and shout "By the Power of Gray Skull!"

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Pious wrote: »

Yuck who does panels like that?

Tam on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i think i might just do one or two new pieces, and then use some of my older stuff
    i dunno, what do you guys think?
    anything from here that you think would be worth hanging on a wall?: http://www.beavotron.com

i'm gonna do about 10 pieces i think. that's about what they said to go with and 10's a pretty good number. the room holds 20 but i think there's one other guy showcasing on the same night as me.

beavotron on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Oh My God Yes.

There was this incredibly fat old American New-Yorker guy who started working here (call centre, sales, no-brainer shit). He was the biggest complainer in the office, always ready to argue trivial shit and never able to concede a point. Meetings would be overrun by this guy going off on any tangent where he could explain to the whole team how poorly X Y Z was being run, and how A B C would improve it.

He'd regail the stupider elements of my workplace with longwinded bullshit about anything anyone happened to be talking about. There was a story in the paper here about a taxi driver yelling at a security guard at the airport (because our airport is tiny and stupidly busy because of the resource boom and it makes people antsy). I commented that they were both just doing their jobs and shouting doesn't solve anything.

OH BUT IT DOES and take it from ME -- I worked as a taxi driver AND a security guard, so I know sometimes you HAVE to shout! How's that? You know Desperaterobots, when you get to MY AGE, you learn a few things. You're not answering my question. Listen, I'm a big fat american loudmouth and I can say whatever I want!

He may not have said that last bit, but they were always just stupid arguments from authority. He also sexually harassed a lot of the younger female staff.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    i think i might just do one or two new pieces, and then use some of my older stuff
    anything from here that you think would be worth hanging on a wall?: http://www.beavotron.com

i'm gonna do about 10 pieces i think. that's about what they said to go with and 10's a pretty good number. the room holds 20 but i think there's one other guy showcasing on the same night as me.

The 2D flat style pieces are your best- especially the recent 1950s style ones.

Fox and bunny for sure is worth hanging up.

Tam on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Hooray for you! They're all really awesome.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Tam wrote: »

The 2D flat style pieces are your best- especially the recent 1950s style ones.

Fox and bunny for sure is worth hanging up.

I agree with Tam :)

edit: I wish I could acess the pictures on your site but they don't want to open. I used your Deviant art instead... were there any pictures I missed because of this?

Nappuccino on

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey beavo, is that gallery gonna showcase in Toronto?

Because if it is

Yo

EDIT: Also tonight is my first night on my own.

Forgive me if i'm gonna be relient on you peeps for social activity for a bit.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think your edit has scared everyone away...

edit: how's canada treating you?

Nappuccino on

This discussion has been closed.