As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Runaways Thread

13»

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That was a typo, and I honestly don't know the difference between the two anyway.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I always figured she had a kind of tactile telekinesis thing going on, like Superboy used to.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That was a typo, and I honestly don't know the difference between the two anyway.

Um, psion is psychic. Psion is just short for psionic, which is a sci-fi synonym for psychic. Usually psionic has the connotation of a broader range of mental powers whereas psychic is often read as just referring to telepathy or presience.

In other words, telepaths and telekinetics are just two variations of psionics.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Um, psion is psychic. Psion is just short for psionic, which is a sci-fi synonym for psychic. Usually psionic has the connotation of a broader range of mental powers whereas psychic is often read as just referring to telepathy or presience.

In other words, telepaths and telekinetics are just two variations of psionics.

Neato.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Her parents were both psychic, she mentally activates her abilities, she pulled Cloak's cloak off (which shouldn't be possible by strength alone), and there are a few examples of her knowing things she shouldn't have known (Chamber wasn't Chamber, how Chase survived the first issue of the Whedon run).

She also knew, or guessed or whatever, that Chase would bring back some cool weapons when they were in the 1920s.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    Nikolai!Nikolai! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I always liked Alex, he did a good job at keeping the team together in the first volume, and even later on when he's not there the other Runaways acknowledge that they things don't go as well as when he was around. I hope they bring him back in some capacity in this next run of the series.
    I was happy to see that he existed still, even if it was in that white empty space.

Something I always liked is how you'd get snippets on how Molly wasn't really the stereotypical teeny bopper, even though she portrays that persona when she's around the others. Every once in awhile she would say something and you'd know she was way smarter than she let on.

Nikolai! on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I love the part where she's slaughtering Xavin at Risk and he's shouting abuse at the country she's controlling.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    EDIT: I should read my own damn thread.

Consider it a bump.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    are you sure I don't think it is. I think its next week

edit: Yeah its not on the shipping list anywhere

smokmnky on
  • Options
    animaleanimale Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I met Jo Chen at an Udon signing and she had some prints of a few Runaways covers, I ended up buying 2. She wasn't doing commissions that day so there went my chance to get her to draw Nico for me. She told me she'd be at AnimeUSA which will be a few blocks from my new place so I might get a chance then.

Is there a trade out collecting Whedon's run? I ended up losing track of which issues I have and I can't check now since they're in a different state and I'd rather not re-buy stuff I already own.

animale on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There's a hardcover of it out, I don't know if they have released it in trade yet

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    There's a hardcover of it out, I don't know if they have released it in trade yet

Yeah just hard cover, it came out a few weeks ago. Not sure when the trade(digest?) will be coming out.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    animaleanimale Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have the other 3 hardcovers so I'll probably get the hc so they look uniform on my shelf.

animale on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think it's a premiere HC though, cause it's only 6 issues.

So it's not oversized like the others.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    it's okay, i can see deleted posts, so i know what you're saying.

i think that cover artists must have a "no fat chicks" clause in their contracts, with exceptions for amanda waller

Of course Waller can go sit on a food processor. Fuck that bitch.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    manaleak34 wrote: »
    She's in Runaways/NA as well.

That preview was pretty cool. The art style looks pretty cool, and Molly as always was freaking adorable.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Why did Xavin say dude. Ugh, it doesn't sound like him.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Faynor wrote: »

I have a feeling that he's just saying it to somehow connect with Chase. Considering that there still perhaps is some underlining animosity towards Xavin from the others, I think he's doing whatever he can to fit in, which includes being in male form when with the other guys. Also he could be just saying it to be in character with his current form.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I have a feeling that he's just saying it to somehow connect with Chase. Considering that there still perhaps is some underlining animosity towards Xavin from the others, I think he's doing whatever he can to fit in, which includes being in male form when with the other guys. Also he could be just saying it to be in character with his current form.

He has been running around with the others for a while now. It doesn't really take long for a person to pick up on colloquialisms of those around them.

For instance, I call all males "Sir" when I address them, not sure where I picked it up. But soon after I did all my friends started doing it too.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Brian K. Vaughn sucked me into his world with Y. I had nothing else to read as Y had just ended, and I was all caught up on my monthlys so I needed something new to read. I found the digest versions of Runaways, and noticed that Vaughn was the creative master behind this little bit of pirate gold too. within a month I've bought issues 1-5, and I haven't looked back. I wish I were a Runaway!

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DVG wrote: »

He has been running around with the others for a while now. It doesn't really take long for a person to pick up on colloquialisms of those around them.

For instance, I call all males "Sir" when I address them, not sure where I picked it up. But soon after I did all my friends started doing it too.
    I'm pretty sure he was making fun of Chase, you guys.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Brian K. Vaughn sucked me into his world with Y. I had nothing else to read as Y had just ended, and I was all caught up on my monthlys so I needed something new to read. I found the digest versions of Runaways, and noticed that Vaughn was the creative master behind this little bit of pirate gold too. within a month I've bought issues 1-5, and I haven't looked back. I wish I were a Runaway!

you might as well check out ex machina while you're at it

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg