Options

WoW Chat and General Questions, now with Triple XP!

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    with the first bear apparently going for 10.5k

I don't get it, I just don't see them as being that cool.

It's not, imo.

I considered buying one, since my guildies are lame and won't login when it's not a 25man raid, but I'd only buy so I can have it, not use it.

So I decided I didn't care.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bears are selling for around 6k on my server, however prices are likely to go up very soon since 3.0 is immanent.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cormac wrote: »
    Bears are selling for around 6k on my server, however prices are likely to go up very soon since 3.0 is immanent.

Wouldn't they go down? With ZA being easier with the new talents?

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Bears stop being available as soon as 3.0 hits.

That's kind of the whole point.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Well then, yes prices up makes sense.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Personally I think they're ugly as sin.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I looked into buying a bear but on my server the Horde presence is so small that there's only one guild doing ZA reliably enough that they're selling them, and they're giving them to 'whoever bids the highest', so fuck that. I really would like one, but I'm not about to lay down $Texas just because they're the only game in town.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Getting 3.0 on the PTR's should be interesting. We've got something of a bidding system up for our bear runs, starting as of tomorrow, with the first bear apparently going for 10.5k (1k to the guild bank, the rest split amongst the run participents).

Ugh, I WISH. Anytime the notion of selling bears has come up in my guild, a dozen people who couldn't be buggered to run ZA previously pipe up that they "still need one." Fuck you, go start your own run. No one "needs" a bear. It's not a required raid item.

riz on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Isn't there also an achievement for having one?

It's a small stupid thing, but this is WoW. When has something being small or stupid ever stopped people from pouring absurd amounts of money into it?

Right now there's tension based on being on a clock that nobody but Blizzard can see. Hitting the PTR's will make it more tangible, and comes with the extra bonus that they only tell us about a patch release / extended maintenance a day before it happens, so the 'final' bear run likely won't even know that it's the final run until after its happened.

The demand will remain high, the supply is dwindling, and people without many alts and already equipped with epic fliers likely have just been stockpiling gold away.

As for them being ugly, there's no accounting for taste. I like mine, but I can see how it wouldn't necessarily be for everyone. Honestly, a polar version would be badass, but if I just have to stick with the armoured behemoth I've got now, so be it.
    riz wrote: »
    Getting 3.0 on the PTR's should be interesting. We've got something of a bidding system up for our bear runs, starting as of tomorrow, with the first bear apparently going for 10.5k (1k to the guild bank, the rest split amongst the run participents).

Ugh, I WISH. Anytime the notion of selling bears has come up in my guild, a dozen people who couldn't be buggered to run ZA previously pipe up that they "still need one." Fuck you, go start your own run. No one "needs" a bear. It's not a required raid item.

Two guildies in particular have it set up; I believe every other run will be a sale, so guild members can still get their free mounts, and everyone else can pitch in and pay. Price starts at 6k, and you can bid higher to get moved up the priority list, which will have the top spots locked in as of each run (so there'll be no outbidding people an hour beforehand or anything)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    X3x3nonX3x3non Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ugh so I tried to resubscribe to get a tanking and/or healing character to level 70 before WoTLK hits, but apparently my account information does not work anymore. UH OH. I doubt that I have been hacked since I played without problems until unsubscribing and even the email I registered with is not in their system for some reason. Maybe it is fate preventing me from wasting time.

X3x3non on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Personally I think they're ugly as sin.

You don't get a bare for the looks, you get it to show everyone in Shatt / pug BGs that you're one-three-three-seven.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I like mine because it was the first on the server.

Not that there's any difference between it and the five hundredth one, but it's a small point of pride. We were worse geared, the run strat hadn't been ironed out to a laundry list of objectives, and we made it by the skin of our teeth.

Sure, by release there'll be tens or hundreds of thousands of them in the game (or more), on alts, on people in TBC greens, and rotting away on abandoned/banned accounts and characters.

But the one I have is special, if just to me.

Edit; can't be bothered posting again. The bears in the following post are indeed badass, so to take a page from Riz:

V

Forar on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    These bear mounts are much prettier.
    WOTLKC6.jpg

Brought to you by Engineers for Constitutional Rights.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have one of those purple Winterspring cats, it is special to me because my wife and I worked on getting them together.

Seg on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Any chance you could spoiler that image please? It's just kind of large (my 17in crt at work certainly isn't helping any, but that's my fault alone).

Edit: Many <3's Thomamelas

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    pro tip: warhammer had elves and all that crappy high fantasy shit before warcraft!

Pro tip: Something something Michael Moorcock J.R.R. Tolkien something something.

Something something Norse mythology.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    These bear mounts are much prettier.
    WOTLKC6.jpg

Brought to you by Engineers for Constitutional Rights.

Those are cool, but the whole appeal of the ZA bear is the ridiculously huge saddle. I'm rather fond of it.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I so want a double passenger bear.

815165 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That's it, I need to create a female gnome named Lyrasilvertongue so I can ride a polar bear around.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just want one for completeness, as I collect mounts.

I really should try shanghaing a druid into farming heroic sethekk with me for the raven lord...

Nobody on
  • Options
    willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I know I wont get a ZA mount, but at least I will have the blizzcon mount. (I don't care if you think it looks weird with a murloc on top :P)

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I want a bear mount. However, if I got one, it would be on my lock. And I really only want to ride around on my class mount because it's badass.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I want a bear mount. However, if I got one, it would be on my lock. And I really only want to ride around on my class mount because it's badass.

End on
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Um, this is why I haven't ridden my dreadsteed in awhile. It was also my only mount for two years. I was trying a new look.

I wonder if soulless horses get lonely. XD

zagi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    They do! You jerk!

EDIT: This is where I edit and say something about being TotP, right?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    End wrote: »

For some reason the first thing I did when I completed my dreadsteed quest was run to Orgrimmar and buy a wolf. >.>

Also those Northrend bears have nice fur and saddles but they're all still wearing ridiculous GOGGLES. I think my ZA bear's retard helmet is dumb but those goggles aren't much better.

riz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

For some reason the first thing I did when I completed my dreadsteed quest was run to Orgrimmar and buy a wolf. >.>

Also those Northrend bears have nice fur and saddles but they're all still wearing ridiculous GOGGLES. I think my ZA bear's retard helmet is dumb but those goggles aren't much better.

Goggles make everything more awesome. Those are engineering bears.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think my ZA bear's retard helmet is dumb but those goggles aren't much better.
    I'm never going to look at those bears the same now.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I believe they do nothing.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Those goggles are the best part of the model. You're crazy.

shadowane on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    Those goggles are the best part of the model. You're crazy.

815165 on
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I believe they do nothing.

They should shoot laser beams from their eyes.

zagi on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Trade discussing Hardron made my brain cry.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh yeah, they're firing that up today, aren't they?

*looks around*

Well, it was nice knowing you all. Enough time to tell my family I love them and get one more bear run in.

Hopefully they have WoW in the afterlife. It'd be kinda fitting, especially in Purgatory.

Forar on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    Trade discussing Hardron made my brain cry.

Non-WoW chatter in global channels should be a reportable offense.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh come now, you don't actually use the public channels for anything, do you?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't think I've been in any of the public channels for a year.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    My lowest channel number is 2., and it's for my guild's class leader channel. :P

End on
  • Options
    poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

The helmet is the best thing about the za bear, followed closely by the spikes on the front.

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
  • Options
    KathelganKathelgan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh yeah, they're firing that up today, aren't they?

*looks around*

Well, it was nice knowing you all. Enough time to tell my family I love them and get one more bear run in.

Hopefully they have WoW in the afterlife. It'd be kinda fitting, especially in Purgatory.

That's tomorrow actually. You don't actually believe that garbage, do you?

And really, all WoW channels are all filled with garbage. Any intelligent person knows that.

Kathelgan on
This discussion has been closed.