As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] CE Headstart Now! SE the 16th, launch 18th.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    I guess my Chosen is out of action for who knows how long. I got a bug that has corrupted my bag, preventing me from equiping items, completing certain quests, or even seeing what is in my bag. :( The CSR said he can't do anything about it and I should file a bug report. :cry:

I sort of have a similar problem as well that has popped up, I can still equip new items but only if I dragged them onto the proper item box for that item to be equipped on. Even then I need to press several times to make it accept the item. Simply clicking on an item to equip an item does not work at all.

Oh and the Dark Elf beginning areas are near ghost towns.

Cade on
  • Options
    TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cade wrote: »
    Accualt wrote: »
    I guess my Chosen is out of action for who knows how long. I got a bug that has corrupted my bag, preventing me from equiping items, completing certain quests, or even seeing what is in my bag. :( The CSR said he can't do anything about it and I should file a bug report. :cry:

I sort of have a similar problem as well that has popped up, I can still equip new items but only if I dragged them onto the proper item box for that item to be equipped on. Even then I need to press several times to make it accept the item. Simply clicking on an item to equip an item does not work at all.

Oh and the Dark Elf beginning areas are near ghost towns.

Dark Elves have to make a living, too, ya know! :)

Timmer on
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sifaka wrote: »
    Tw4win wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    Exploding squigs sound so freaking awesome, but I get a serious WOW Hunter Vibe from the class, and, um, not falling for that twice. :(

They are very hunter like.

As for WoW, aren't hunters kinda uber now, at least in PvP?

Huter's started out Uber in WoW, they just took a bad turn before TBC... why do you think they attracted so many bad players?

With that said back to Warhammer, this morning when I logged on I missed the mass horde of squig herders I saw in beta.... destruction needs more squigs dammit... roll one for the WAAAGH!

Squigglesworth, my main, is a herder. Eventually I'll even get a chance to play him.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    yeah i couldn't believe how many people were in TSM when i checked earlier today, I'll be joining when I get home from work..yay!!

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    PhosPhos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Someone just dropped my collectors edition on my desk while I was off grabbing a drink.

I want to open it...

Must...
    resist....

Just out of curiosity, how are you guys (TSM) as far as casual/hardcore. I assume most of you have played together in previous games.

I have to decide tonight if I want to stick with Ulthuan or jump on Volkmar with some RL friends who are joining a smaller hardcore guild. The kicker is if they don't enjoy it they'll be moving to another server to play order (and leave me hanging in the process).

I like to consider myself as hardcore as one can be with a 9-5 job and the occasional RL obligation, but I still play for fun.

Phos on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's hard to say this early in the game, but I like to think that we have enough of all types of people to support both the more casual player and the hardcore keep sieger.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Phos wrote: »
    Someone just dropped my collectors edition on my desk while I was off grabbing a drink.

I want to open it...

Must...
    resist....

Just out of curiosity, how are you guys (TSM) as far as casual/hardcore. I assume most of you have played together in previous games.

I have to decide tonight if I want to stick with Ulthuan or jump on Volkmar with some RL friends who are joining a smaller hardcore guild. The kicker is if they don't enjoy it they'll be moving to another server to play order (and leave me hanging in the process).

I like to consider myself as hardcore as one can be with a 9-5 job and the occasional RL obligation, but I still play for fun.

Ditto!

Hi5 phos!

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Phos wrote:

It looks like the hardcore are pretty hardcore, there are 10 of us at level 15+ and 30 at level 12+ already according to the realm war tracker. That's better than all but one guild on our server. But I think a majority or substantial minority of the guild is going to be semi-casual, I'll probably only play ~3-4 days a week after things settle down. TSM looks to be a pretty big tent, and there isn't a large bulk of players who are all from one guild as far as I know.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They are very hunter like.

In that they have a pet and use a bow? I think that's about it, after that they are rather different.

I played a Hunter for a bit in WoW, and the Herder is quite different. I am just getting the hang of how different.

I really wish they would put Chomp back though, as Git'em! is just lacking. Only useable from melee ranged... :p .
    destruction needs more squigs dammit... roll one for the WAAAGH!

I got mine to lvl8 last night, and am slowly climbing. Trying to get a hand of RvR, as it's a bit different from classes I've played in the past.

Selner on
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Taste of things to come with the Six Mouths

The Mouths surveying the keep we're about to assault
    xolgrimm004pv9.jpg

Taking down the Keep Lord
    xolgrimm007zy2.jpg

Tyberius on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Tyberius wrote: »
    Taste of things to come with the Six Mouths

The Mouths surveying the keep we're about to assault
    xolgrimm004pv9.jpg

xolgrimm007zy2.jpg

zomg stop spamming your propaganda in all the threads!

(Candymancers are more awesome anyways)

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited September 2008

No Keep Claiming til Guild Level 14 or something, right?

And curious, but did the Lord drop anything interesting? They were supposed to have beefed the drops a bit.

Selner on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We beat the hell out of that Keep Lord.

I got a bag he dropped but have no idea what is in it because my backpack is bugged. :( Please lord tell me there was a patch this morning.

Accualt on
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, so I keep hearing lots of things in this thread about TSM. But how are the Candymancers doing, seeing as that's who I'm planning to join when I get home from work tonight.

Geod on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Geod wrote: »
    Yeah, so I keep hearing lots of things in this thread about TSM. But how are the Candymancers doing, seeing as that's who I'm planning to join when I get home from work tonight.

www.warhammeronline.com > Realm wars > Guild Search > "Candymancers"

In otherwords, we have 50'ish members right now, with nearly double that enroute by release. Most of us are 9+, some hitting 15 now. We're doing fairly well. We run a lot of scenario/ PQ groups.

We also like candy.

Aumni on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So what's up with almost every server being at Low/Low population and then a handful being full?

Where the heck is your sig/AV from?

KiTA on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh crap. Installed some ram and now I cant get past the "User Agreement" screen without CTD. o_0

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A question, only one guild can claim any one keep at a time, right? Can a guild take a keep from their own side by beating up the Keep Lord?

I suspect not, which makes me think there may be some cross-faction collusion in the works if keep claiming becomes a Big Thing for guilds :o

Ledneh on
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So what's up with almost every server being at Low/Low population and then a handful being full?
    The full servers may be new. I think Mythic has been setting low population caps on newer servers, so they don't have an intense wave of people all around the same level. They're using the queue system to spread out that initial spike a bit, so instead of 10 people camping Capt. Wilke's spawn in Chaos Chap. 1, you only have 3 or 4 people camping Capt. Wilke's spawn. That's what they did with Red Eye Mountain at CE head start anyway. I got a login queue on REM 20 minutes after servers opened, but aside from that I haven't seen a queue since.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    ED! wrote: »
    Oh crap. Installed some ram and now I cant get past the "User Agreement" screen without CTD. o_0
    Remove everything except the new RAM, then run memtest86+ to test it. Sounds like it could be bad RAM.
    Ledneh wrote:
    A question, only one guild can claim any one keep at a time, right? Can a guild take a keep from their own side by beating up the Keep Lord?
    No, when your side owns the keep, the Keep Lord is friendly and cannot be attacked.
    Ledneh wrote:
    I suspect not, which makes me think there may be some cross-faction collusion in the works if keep claiming becomes a Big Thing for guilds
    Claiming a keep costs upkeep money, which is why there are guild tithe and guild tax tools that unlock at guild rank 3. If a guild runs short of money or doesn't want to pay the upkeep anymore, I'm pretty sure they can choose to release the keep, at which point another guild can claim it. You wouldn't want to arrange to have your keep taken by a cross-faction guild while you still hold the keep. If the enemy takes a keep you've claimed, I think they can take the guild standard you used to claim it. Not sure what that does, but it'd be embarrassing if nothing else.

vonPoonBurGer on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Just played for the very first time this morning on SE headstart on my Marauder. Pretty fun, I like the character progression thus far. I felt a bit of the "mushy" feel some people complain about, as far as the animations/button presses go. But it honestly wasn't that bad, almost as if there was a small buffer on commands.

Super fun though, even though many say the Marauder isn't as fun as some of the tank/hybrids. I'm pretty stoked on him so far. I will be rolling a Blorc/Chosen when the opportunity arises, just to see how the mechanics feel.

It was great playing with the Mouths for the first one as well today. I can't wait to get off work and get back to the front.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The standard squig is a tanking machine in PvE.

I realized this yesterday, when I was trying to PvE with the Horned Squig. Poor little guy was kicking kicked around. And I kept getting aggro. So out went the standard Squig. With his taunt I never get aggro, so was very happy.
    The Horned Squig only comes out if I get an add and the standard squig dies.

I suspect not, which makes me think there may be some cross-faction collusion in the works if keep claiming becomes a Big Thing for guilds

Only one Guild Claim at a time. And you have to use a Standard to do it, and I think Guilds only get something like three Standards total. Maybe four?

It was never a problem in DAoC, as folks were generally polite about keep claiming. As the guild claiming would make their intent known, and folks would respect that.

It just depends on how polite and respectful folks are going to be.

Selner on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just made my Chosen on the server TSM is on, so if you guys want to give me some lessons in PvP play, I'd be so excited.

Character name is Thelonious.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So anyone been doing Butchering?

I've been looking at it, and am thinking I might want to switch from Scavenging to Butchering.

The biggest advantage I can see to Scavenging is Waters, which I get a lot of from Scavenging.

Almost makes me want to start a 2nd alt, and have them be a Butcher. But I don't think I have time to play a 3rd character :) .

Selner on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I felt a bit of the "mushy" feel some people complain about, as far as the animations/button presses go. But it honestly wasn't that bad, almost as if there was a small buffer on commands.
    One of the fixes for the "mushiness" / "ability not ready" issues was adding a third of a second of "slop time" (Mark Jacobs' term, not mine) at the end of the GCD. If you hit an ability during that slop time, you won't get "ability not ready" even though technically it's too soon to be firing another action.

Apparently they've made a conscious design choice not to use a queue system, and I can see why. One of the things I noticed in LotRO was that the queue system made combat, especially melee combat, seem less visceral and immediate to me. I'm guessing that lack of immediacy is why they chose not to have a true ability queue system in WAR.

vonPoonBurGer on
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I just made my Chosen on the server TSM is on, so if you guys want to give me some lessons in PvP play, I'd be so excited.

I always name my RPG characters Thelonious Monk when I get two names. You're lucky I had another name picked out for WAR or your tires would be slashed right now.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm going to be so slow leveling. I don't have much play time as it is, and now I'm going to a baseball game tonight :/

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The full servers may be new.

Actually, the other way around at least when I checked. The full servers are the big ones that big guilds went to like Velkor (sp?), Skull Throne and Phoenix Throne. About half the servers are ones just brought up for SE phase.

So for all those that thought servers were going to be too full *ahem*

It's kind of annoying though since I want to be on a good populated server (med/high on both sides would be great) but they're all low right now so hard to tell which ones people will go to on release or not. (I'm joining an RP servers --yes, I like some light RP between my killings!) :)

Timmer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Apparently they've made a conscious design choice not to use a queue system, and I can see why. One of the things I noticed in LotRO was that the queue system made combat, especially melee combat, seem less visceral and immediate to me. I'm guessing that lack of immediacy is why they chose not to have a true ability queue system in WAR.

Yeah, both EQ2 and LOTRO suffer from this, IMO. LOTRO has also the issue that the way combat works is different from the more common approach. Not sure exactly but there's no GCD and instead each attack has some animation timer plus yo uhave the basic auto attack timer... very few if no abilities are instant but instead will trigger when whatever is currently active (auto, ability) finishes its timers. To me it creates a very difficult situation to get into the feel of it. It's really my only complaint on the game -- and it's not 'bad' it's just that it lacks the visceral feel you mention. EQ2 suffers from the same, IMO. I think GCD combat systems feel better than those with back-loaded cooldowns per ability defining the pace.

Timmer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I always name my RPG characters Thelonious Monk when I get two names. You're lucky I had another name picked out for WAR or your tires would be slashed right now.

If I could have had two names, he would be "Thelonious Monkslayer". :mrgreen:

I picked the name Thelonious for my undead warrior back in the halcyon days of WoW, and I got a lot of compliments on it so I figured I'd use it in any other fantasy MMOs I might play.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

You can get last names

Munacra on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nordenwatch is so annoying to play sometimes, because every time we capture Fortress, the whole team decides we should move to the enemies side (Lighthouse/Barracks) with the entire team.

Most of the time it doesn't matter, as that initial push usually puts you ahead by enough to offset any issues you may have later on.

But I just lost a Nordenwatch by 20 points thanks to the entire team pushing to barracks, and I am somewhat annoyed by that fact.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Munacra wrote: »

You can get last names

Gonna have to speedrun to get this, mang.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    NismoGrendelNismoGrendel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Some friends from WoW wanted to start up on Volkmar, just logged off there to get lunch and now there is a 15 minute queue.

Whats up with that :(

NismoGrendel on
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Some friends from WoW wanted to start up on Volkmar, just logged off there to get lunch and now there is a 15 minute queue.

Whats up with that :(

Uh, how about

Old Timers
    Goons
    Strumgrenadier

all rolling there?

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    so, i totally forgot about the last names when i went with Chemical as my name.

suggest me a last name that isn't awful.

Angry on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Angry wrote: »

X

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Romance

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Snap, speaking of WAR...

The Road to War ends in about, oh, 7 minutes, so check it out... hopefully ingame stuff will be passed out immediately afterwards.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Spill.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
This discussion has been closed.