As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Bjorns mottar haelgond sygar [chat]

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Beck wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    I am a little disappointed that all the quest rewards and drops I have gotten in Northrend, aside from weapons, look pretty much the same. Dark robes and tunics and pants with dark angular designs, and leathery looking shouldpads and weird hats. I appreciate that they moved away from the clownsuit, but it was perhaps a bit too far.

I was going to argue that BC didn't have much new art for leveling gear, and that models are repeated a little more often because Blizzard might not want to re-use older teir models for instance rewards, but then I remembered Naxx is re-using all of Tier 3.

So yeah this bothers me too, just a little bit.

My Ram helm from Drak pretty much rules though. They can re-use that model all they want. And I hope they accept that invitation. Hilarious helm.

Making everything look the same is the ONLY way to move away from the clown suit. If they make even two separate armor sets, some pieces from one set and some from the other will be optimal for each class, and you'll look like the clown suit.

I'd rather look cool the whole way up, ev en if I look the same level to level, than look different but retarded.

And Naxx reusing T3 is fine with me as not many people saw that gear anywya.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I am a little disappointed that all the quest rewards and drops I have gotten in Northrend, aside from weapons, look pretty much the same. Dark robes and tunics and pants with dark angular designs, and leathery looking shouldpads and weird hats. I appreciate that they moved away from the clownsuit, but it was perhaps a bit too far.

I was going to argue that BC didn't have much new art for leveling gear, and that models are repeated a little more often because Blizzard might not want to re-use older teir models for instance rewards, but then I remembered Naxx is re-using all of Tier 3.

My Ram helm from Drak pretty much rules though. They can re-use that model all they want. And I hope they accept that invitation. Hilarious helm.

Making everything look the same is the ONLY way to move away from the clown suit. If they make even two separate armor sets, some pieces from one set and some from the other will be optimal for each class, and you'll look like the clown suit.

I'd rather look cool the whole way up, ev en if I look the same level to level, than look different but retarded.

Agreed on both counts.

I almost wept when I started having to replace my DK starter gear in Outland. I looked like a moron clown with bad vision.

The new gear fits very well together, even if you've got a mish-mash.

shryke on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    shryke wrote: »

Agreed on both counts.

I almost wept when I started having to replace my DK starter gear in Outland. I looked like a moron clown with bad vision.

The new gear fits very well together, even if you've got a mish-mash.

I don't like the colours of the new Naxx sets
    it seems I am going to be stuck wearing tailored items yet again

Brainleech on
  • Options
    WordsworthWordsworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Future thread title: Now is the Winter of our New Content

eh? :winky:

Wordsworth on
    Xbox LIVE: Wordsworth IV
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wordsworth wrote: »

I hate you.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    WordsworthWordsworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »

I hate you.

Choke on it <3

Wordsworth on
    Xbox LIVE: Wordsworth IV
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So after finally getting everything installed and updated, I decided to roll a lock for my shiny, brand new account. All I got to say is I should have done this a while ago. I finally found the class for me that I don't get bored with. Anyone able to point me the way towards general leveling strategies? Got a bit of catch up to do.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Earthshatter is maybe my favorite set in the game so I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to wear it.

And yeah I don't think anybody's saying we would rather go back to BC clown suits it's just a little boring sometimes.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JonnyBot wrote: »
    So after finally getting everything installed and updated, I decided to roll a lock for my shiny, brand new account. All I got to say is I should have done this a while ago. I finally found the class for me that I don't get bored with. Anyone able to point me the way towards general leveling strategies? Got a bit of catch up to do.

As a warlock?
    Just go the yonder warlock thread and read
    It's disjointed though

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Me like.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I didn't read any spoilers before playing, so when i did that quest in Dragonblight .. Jeez, Blizzard. You really outdone yourselves here.

There's so many fun quests now, too ! I just did the one where you have to escape tons of angry Worgens while ridding a horse, good times.

quaigy on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    sweet cleared heroic pinnacle and got the red sword of courage

and now my connection has decided to hate wow again for some reason. what the hell, connection?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just did the Old City instance...last boss=most fun ever.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    old kingdom? yeah, though people are complaining about a somewhat important lore figure for northrend, being a mid 70's 5 man boss

or is that the other bug instance?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wren wrote: »

and now my connection has decided to hate wow again for some reason. what the hell, connection?

i will mate with that sword
    i dont know what the tanking enchant for warriors since WotLk is though, so I put Potency on it.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

i dont know what the tanking enchant for warriors since WotLk is though, so I put Potency on it.

I'm thinking lifewarder I guess. I mean I think self healing causes aggro anyways

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Is the Beasts of Unusual Size guild still active on Ravenholdt? And if so, accepting new members?

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    old kingdom? yeah, though people are complaining about a somewhat important lore figure for northrend, being a mid 70's 5 man boss

or is that the other bug instance?

Its other one. But it is awesome.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is the Beasts of Unusual Size guild still active on Ravenholdt? And if so, accepting new members?

Yep we're still around. As far as I know still welcoming more people. It's a great server as long as you don't mind not being uber leet first in content super raiding and such.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Riale wrote: »

Yep we're still around. As far as I know still welcoming more people. It's a great server as long as you don't mind being uber leet first in content super raiding and such.

What do you mean? Hardcore raiding like there's no tomorrow? I'm afraid I am a ways away from that. Gotta level up first to raid.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    er, I forgot a 'not' in there. Ravenholdt is about the farthest from a content progression server as you can get. we're a fair behind most other servers in content and there aren't too many serious raiding guilds here.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I'm thinking lifewarder I guess. I mean I think self healing causes aggro anyways

thats what people said about Battlemaster.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    er, I forgot a 'not' in there. Ravenholdt is about the farthest from a content progression server as you can get. we're a fair behind most other servers in content and there aren't too many serious raiding guilds here.

Oh. Then it's perfect. I'm cannot fit into a raiding schedule lifestyle at all with my work schedule the way it is. My only goal is to eventually see all the raid zones. I don't care how long it takes to get there.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JonnyBot wrote:

Same boat here. Even if warlocks supposedly took a big nerf for endgame in 3.0. The control and the complexity are *wonderful.* As someone who spent a few hours looking into this recently...

General leveling strategy? Level up in your faction's BC zone 1-20, then hop over to Jame's guide and quest your ass off. Nothing faster after they boosted quest xp.

Leveling spec? I can vouch that affliction is still pretty much broken, particularly after you get dark pact, if you can stack enough +dmg. Until you have dark pact I would pull out the succubus, dot dot sb drain life lifetap next mob (I think). No downtime if you pull and manage lifetap flawlessly. After dark pact, holy hell. Dot dot dot fear UA (when you get it) dark pact next mob (pull while the last one is still feared)... zero downtime. I may have drunk... 3-4x in 8 levels since resubbing? Something like that. Definitely riding the edge a little with the chain fear as you can get 3-4 at once sometimes, and you have to micro lifetap and dark pact, but I find it to be way more fun that way, solo pulling mobs for 60 levels with other classes made me want to rip my eyes out.

If you want something a little more mellow, Demo is also effective and gives you a good high kill speed from what I hear. Better if there's lots of PVP too. Destro is just too mana-inefficient for leveling, particularly in vanilla WoW gear.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    edited November 2008

thats what people said about Battlemaster.

yeah but at least you had other, real options then. 80 seems to be lacking any definitive tank weapon enchants

could just say fuckit and get giant slayer, which would be awesome for the few times you actually fight them

or if black magic proc'd off thunderclap for some reason

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I think I'll stay with Potency so far. 20 str = 40 AP, 10 block value, scales with Kings. Greater Potency looks good (50 AP) but won't scale block value, and won't scale with Kings. I imagine Mongoose is still not bad, but with the ratings change, 120 AGI isn't as much dodge or crit anymore, and it probably procs less the way Crusader did at 70.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Eh I'd say that Titanium Weapon Chain (+28 hit rating) is also a pretty good tanking enchant to argue for if you're under hit cap. But yeah, potency is probably the best once you are hit capped.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Eh I'd say that Titanium Weapon Chain (+28 hit rating) is also a pretty good tanking enchant to argue for if you're under hit cap. But yeah, potency is probably the best once you are hit capped.

there's a 25hit 25crit one isnt there?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Accuracy

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Someone on Cenarion Cirlce had 5 pieces of his epic set before I even hit 80. o_O And I hit 80 in a week.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Makershot wrote: »

Accuracy

look at those mats

look at those mats!

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Nissl wrote: »
    JonnyBot wrote:

Same boat here. Even if warlocks supposedly took a big nerf for endgame in 3.0. The control and the complexity are *wonderful.* As someone who spent a few hours looking into this recently...

General leveling strategy? Level up in your faction's BC zone 1-20, then hop over to Jame's guide and quest your ass off. Nothing faster after they boosted quest xp.

Leveling spec? I can vouch that affliction is still pretty much broken, particularly after you get dark pact, if you can stack enough +dmg. Until you have dark pact I would pull out the succubus, dot dot sb drain life lifetap next mob (I think). No downtime if you pull and manage lifetap flawlessly. After dark pact, holy hell. Dot dot dot fear UA (when you get it) dark pact next mob (pull while the last one is still feared)... zero downtime. I may have drunk... 3-4x in 8 levels since resubbing? Something like that. Definitely riding the edge a little with the chain fear as you can get 3-4 at once sometimes, and you have to micro lifetap and dark pact, but I find it to be way more fun that way, solo pulling mobs for 60 levels with other classes made me want to rip my eyes out.

If you want something a little more mellow, Demo is also effective and gives you a good high kill speed from what I hear. Better if there's lots of PVP too. Destro is just too mana-inefficient for leveling, particularly in vanilla WoW gear.

Excellent! Thanks a ton!

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just get that 4% extra parry enchant.

Oh wait.

/chuckle

shryke on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I love it when the bring back people from way back when.

I just got the quest "Report to Gryan Stoutmantle... Again" and that made me happy.

Also Nesingwary obviously.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JonnyBot wrote:
    Excellent! Thanks a ton!

Sure thing. I just realized forgot to add that Questhelper and Cartographer are awesome addons. Goodbye to alt-tabbing and messing around with coordinates. Heard good things about Lightheaded/Tom-Tom, which cover the same basics, as well.

Also, I tend to find that mining is the most time effective gathering skill while leveling, though I hear herbalism is better at the cap. Tailoring is good for the shadoweave set... you may want to have a look at the gearing recommendations at The Warlock's Den.

Just to emphasize, the dark pact build is not so great if you're going to get jumped a lot leveling on Ravenholdt (I'm leveling PVE, but that's what I hear), and you might run into a little trouble with the rotation if you're leveling on an old server with a barren AH. My +dmg is about 20-30% ahead of levels I've seen recommended in warlock guides.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Lightheaded isn't as good as it was pre-Wrath as all it does is shows you the Wowhead comments and for some quests there arent comprehensive comments yet

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man fuck you.
    Farstriders is way farther behind.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lightheaded isn't as good as it was pre-Wrath as all it does is shows you the Wowhead comments and for some quests there arent comprehensive comments yet
    Even worse you end up getting 17 pages, thinking "Awesome this'll be no problem" and it's all "SOLOED AT A BLOOD DK" "SOLOED AS A DRUID" "SOLOED AS A BLOOD DK" "QUEST IS BUGGED" "BUGGED QUEST" "SOLOED AS A WARLOCK" "SOLOED WITH ME, A HEALER, A TANK, AND 3 DPS"

Thanks guys. That helps me find where I have to go and what to look out for when fighting the mob.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »

I just got the quest "Report to Gryan Stoutmantle... Again" and that made me happy.

I loved that. And then he goes on to tell me he didn't recognize me in my new gear, then ask me if I still owned the staff, or was it the chausses, or did I pick the tunic. Made me grin like a crazy bastard. Then I went off the kill Arugal. Again.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »

I loved that. And then he goes on to tell me he didn't recognize me in my new gear, then ask me if I still owned the staff, or was it the chausses, or did I pick the tunic. Made me grin like a crazy bastard. Then I went off the kill Arugal. Again.

Man the Staff/Chausses/Tunic you got from that quest always lasted you like 15 friggin levels.

Nocturne on
This discussion has been closed.