Options

pregnant?

2»

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Whoa, just a bit of advice from someone who got married in the same time frame of their life. Your character has not completely finished developing and neither has hers. I would STRONGLY advise waiting another 4 years or so to get married and have kids. 25 is really the best age for either one of you. You have grown enough and have probably had enough fuck ups to let you know what is what. I stay this only out of honest concern because in the past 4 years, my character has become much more refined.

Medically, its also the best time for her as the strain and damage placed on her body will be minimal. The majority of my American and African relatives had children in that time and they had the least stressful pregnancies.

I believe that you love this woman in much the same way I love my ex wife when we got married but unless there is an imminent nuclear war or you are an enlisted man, it would be well worth your while to wait 1 year.

As far as pregnancy goes, the two of you aren't doing it enough. Looking at the probability of a single sperm making it to the egg, its very unlikely at your current rate of intercourse. Increase the number of intervals and the total probability will increase.

edited after reading other posts:

I go with the person who said bulk up. Since you are highly educated and have a degree, now is the time to match your brawn to your brains. Her pregnancy might not be the only option available to you. You are a smart man of significant scientific skill so wouldn't it make sense to hedge your bets in this scenario.?

Do you have complete proof that he will give his permission once she is pregnant?

Are you certain he isn't lying? This is his daughter we are talking about and there may be other factors he is unwilling to admit.

A pregnancy may force his hand but he will hang the child over your head. Use this time to improve yourself and confront those flaws you know you have and discover some of those you don't know you have. Remove any and every obstical that he can hid behind until he has no choice to admit to how wonderful a man you are for his daughter to marry.

Do you spend time with him? How well does he know you? Start discussing your longterm plans with him and letting him know you are some wild eyed youth with a big brain that just left his mother's teat.

I could go on and on but the point I am trying to make is that you are not really asking on how to get her pregnant, what you really want is to gain his approval and you want to know how to do that. Pretend she was your daughter and what would you use against yourself to hold back an approval?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Would anyone else find it amuzing if just like how this girl cant stand up to her father to marry someone she loves, she also cant tell this guy she doesnt want to get married/have kids yet, and is taking contraceptives on the down low.

I find this assessment not just entertaining, but highly probable.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Whoa, just a bit of advice from someone who got married in the same time frame of their life. Your character has not completely finished developing and neither has hers. I would STRONGLY advise waiting another 4 years or so to get married and have kids. 25 is really the best age for either one of you. You have grown enough and have probably had enough fuck ups to let you know what is what. I stay this only out of honest concern because in the past 4 years, my character has become much more refined.

This kind of blanket advice (you're XX therefore you're too young!) is rarely useful, in my opinion. Different people, different situations, different maturity levels, you know?

But because of the specifics the OP posted, I agree with the sentiment everyone is expressing of do not fucking do this and don't get married yet.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    getgoing21 wrote: »
    I understand all your concern. This thread has been no help. Th,k you

Well, you got practical suggestions for increasing your conception chances, and you got advice how to improve her father's view of you. Both directly address what you asked for. You also got criticism, which is to be expected on an open message board.

CelestialBadger on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Why do you need the fathers consent?

Johannen on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Johannen wrote: »

My guess is he's from a very family oriented culture, and to not get consent would result in something similar to shunning. In which case his desire to achieve consent is valid, but getting her pregnant is still foolish.

OP, her dad said you'd have to get married if she was pregnant, he didn't say he'd like it.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

My guess is he's from a very family oriented culture, and to not get consent would result in something similar to shunning. In which case his desire to achieve consent is valid, but getting her pregnant is still foolish.

OP, her dad said you'd have to get married if she was pregnant, he didn't say he'd like it.

this is what I'm getting at. If it's a shunning issue surely the dad would shun them anyway for getting pregnant, not only before getting married, but to someone he doesn't want his daughter to marry.

Johannen on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

this is what I'm getting at. If it's a shunning issue surely the dad would shun them anyway for getting pregnant, not only before getting married, but to someone he doesn't want his daughter to marry.

Personally I'm a bit surprised that a culture that values fatherly consent so much would be this lenient on pre-marital sex.

This is a bad idea, a very bad idea.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't even believe this thread is real. Please don't breed.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
This discussion has been closed.