Options

[WoW] Raid Thread - Naxxramas? Didn't we do this 2 years ago?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    woot achievement tonight... The Safety Dance!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    End wrote: »
    This is the first week we've been raiding as a guild, and we're doing two 10man naxx raids. And ugh, as much as we tried to keep an A Team and B Team from happening, it's been happening. It just...happened that one raid is doing far better than the other. :(
    My raid is the A Team :D
    :(

Shuffle group composition.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    At grobbulus. One ranged DPS. Pain.
    Got him to 11% on our best attempt tho so far

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    jesus.

one thing i've found that helps in that situation is to discard the strategy of moving him as little as possible, and instead, everytime he drops a gas cloud, the tank should move him about 8 gas clouds worth backwards, giving plenty of room to maneuver

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    We've been doing pretty well. Our melee just strafes along as the tank takes him back whenever he drops a cloud, and then whoever has the injection runs behind the boss and gets dispelled. Shit has been hitting EVERYONE for like 10k though repeatedly, and we can't figure it out

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If the tank moves out of melee range of Grobbulus while he's casting something, he'll do an aoe that hits everyone in the raid.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Its not the DoT, its like a BAM 10K DAMAGE! thing

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Shuffle group composition.

Well duh, but we thought the groups were pretty evenly matched, and they aren't. It's too late to change anything now anyways.
    woot achievement tonight... The Safety Dance!

Yeah, got that with my guildies yesterday, and for most of them it was their first time doing the boss. :)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Note of interest: Use CURE Disease durring Grobbulus, not the Abolish one, during beserk itll just start exploding the poisons everywhere

We stopped after the 11 try... We got the normal 70% down. Just when he beserks, we just cant keep up. Its too many people stopping DPS/Heals to run to a safe spot, take the damage, then run back

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You shouldn't be cleansing anything on grobbulus. Cleansing it makes it go off immediately. Just let people run to the other side of the room and leave them alone.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is Frogger still in Naxx?

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes it is, quite why they though that Frogger was a great idea in a game with latency and centralised servers that sometimes suffer from load issues, i'm not quite sure but its there.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes it is, quite why they though that Frogger was a great idea in a game with latency and centralised servers that sometimes suffer from load issues, i'm not quite sure but its there.

Because it is a great idea. In a night full of boredom the best part of a night in Naxx was watching people die there.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Personally they should have done it in Zul'aman for a boss fight, have a shaman hex you in the first phase and hop your way safely to the boss.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Personally they should have done it in Zul'aman for a boss fight, have a shaman hex you in the first phase and hop your way safely to the boss.

yessssssssssssss

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    last night, we 8 manned heroic Heigan for the final 4 million (45%) after all the fools died to lava explosions.

then we 6 manned Loatheb for the last 4 million as well. DK tank, DK dps, offtank paladin, 2 druids, spriest. Took 15 minutes gawd.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loatheb loves him some Frostfire mages. Oh god 85% crit chance oh god the fire the burning oh god

Jasconius on
  • Options
    planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Did Sartharion for the first time last night.

Loot pinata much?

planetes42 on
  • Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    planetes42 wrote: »

Loot pinata much?

try again, but all of them at the same time.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    CripTonic wrote: »
    planetes42 wrote: »

Loot pinata much?

try again, but all of them at the same time.

Just let him be happy. :)

frylocked on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I get invited to a Naxx 10 group. They've got 3 wings clear and are on Gluth. I figure that means they've been competent enough so far and just need to finish up.

After three wipes, I have no idea how they managed to get that far. The first time, they all run up to the edge of the pipe and stop. I see Gluth's in combat, so I jump down. They evade-bug him, with a priest holding aggro somehow, and he eventually enrages. The second time, they all jump down, but the tanks stand still and tank him where he stands. Zombie heal zombie heal zombie heal. Okay. Third time, they at least manage to get him to the door, but the kiting hunter is apparently incapable of kiting more than one mob at a time. Gluth gets a steady stream of heals because healers are pulling aggro on zombies, and when Decimate comes, the zombies are strewn throughout the room, he goes to 100% easily, and I DI a tank to finish up the wipe. And now saved to Naxx-10 for the week.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    End wrote: »
    This is the first week we've been raiding as a guild, and we're doing two 10man naxx raids. And ugh, as much as we tried to keep an A Team and B Team from happening, it's been happening. It just...happened that one raid is doing far better than the other. :(
    My raid is the A Team :D
    :(

My guild seems to have a hand picked background crew forming an A team behind everyone else's back. While I don't fault them (many of them fast levellers and quickly outgearing others) for wishing to push onto realm first (or even just earlier than most) achievements, it's sowing some dissent within the guild. We had 37 people online at one point last night, but only one 10 man Naxx running, because another bunch were planning on doing a run of their own on Saturday. We ran 25 man Archavon (sp?) after annihilating Wintergrasp, then broke barely into two 10 man Archavon groups because half a dozen of them were already saved due to running it early this morning, or some shit.

The officers decided that 10 mans wouldn't be 'official' in any regards, but something about people saving themselves to PuG raids or whatnot just leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth currently, at least this early into the expansion. Is running something at 7am so important that you should PuG 4 other people, versus having a raid ID free to help out fellow members towards the betterment of the raid as a whole?

Meh.

The 'healer situation' just compounds it slightly, when you have 30+ people in the raid at formup, and only ~4 healers.

That druid re-roll is looking better and better.

Hopefully this weekend I can get some actual heroics rolling and shore up my gear... but it's sort of a moot point, since the day they're short on melee dps is the day hell freezes over.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Forar, what's worked for some rogues I know is to bribe the hell out of a tank. We accept cash, pastry and attractive sexual partners. Also Visa. :winky:

We had to club our healer coordinator about the head last night. He was demanding 7 days a week mandatory raids until we have people completely geared up. He doesn't seem to understand that the expansion is a marathon, not a sprint.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Forar, what's worked for some rogues I know is to bribe the hell out of a tank. We accept cash, pastry and attractive sexual partners. Also Visa. :winky:

Getting in with a tank is indeed beneficial, but strangely the healers have, as noted before, just vanished. We have around 6+ active tanks, and maybe 3-4 active healers. The 25 man raid crew has more, of course, but with fluctuating availability and whatnot, it's apparently not surprising to have 3 dps and a tank looking for a healer.
    We had to club our healer coordinator about the head last night. He was demanding 7 days a week mandatory raids until we have people completely geared up. He doesn't seem to understand that the expansion is a marathon, not a sprint.

Yeah, that's retarded, and a good way to burn your people out. Assuming you're tearing up the content, scheduling 25 mans for a quick 2-4ish days of clearing and letting people schedule their own 10 mans seems like a fine idea.

Well, except where my crew has some people who may be unwittingly actively subverting that, but we'll see how it plays out.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Our guild has about 25-30 80s and maybe 6 full time healers. Maybe. Nobody fucking wants to heal anymore.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Now, I haven't played WoW in several months, and probably won't ever again

But I feel it is important to let this man know he is a goddamned genius

Ledneh on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Our guild has about 25-30 80s and maybe 6 full time healers. Maybe. Nobody fucking wants to heal anymore.

I still think the best one was the guy who had both a paladin (for healing) and warrior at 70, and decided to level the warrior to 80 first so he could tank for his wife's resto shaman.

Because really, we all know pallies can't tank mirite?

Nobody on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nobody wrote: »

I still think the best one was the guy who had both a paladin (for healing) and warrior at 70, and decided to level the warrior to 80 first so he could tank for his wife's resto shaman.

Because really, we all know pallies can't tank mirite?

It's for the best, I think. He's not even prot now - he's Arms. Useless as we have so much melee in guild.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    If I want to grind Gnomeregan Exiles rep, Runecloth isn't the best way still, is it?

Someone please tell me it's not the best way still.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    yeah my guild's first week raiding was like 6-7 days that week so this week everyone basically decided there was no way in hell that was happening again... it helps that we downed wintergrasp, sartharion and 4 wings and Saph in two days this week instead of 4 but raiding every night of the week is just too much

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Forar wrote: »

Getting in with a tank is indeed beneficial, but strangely the healers have, as noted before, just vanished. Yes, we have like 6 active tanks, and maybe 3-4 active healers. The 25 man raid crew has more, of course, but with fluctuating availability and whatnot, it's apparently not surprising to have 3 dps and a tank looking for a healer.

Yeah, that's retarded, and a good way to burn your people out. Assuming you're tearing up the content, scheduling 25 mans for a quick 2-4ish days of clearing and letting people schedule their own 10 mans seems like a fine idea.

Well, except where my crew has some people who may be unwittingly actively subverting that, but we'll see how it plays out.

We've generally found that we're going to have drama with 20/10 mans. It happened with ZG, it happened with AQ20, it happened with Kara and it happened with ZA. What works for us is to make early mini-raids a scheduled event until the shiny wears off and then let them go. There's going to be drama, this method just seems to reduce it and focus it onto people like me. And I can live with it.

But I agree completely about the burn out. But he drives me nuts in some ways. He's very driven and has high expectations. Which is good in a leadership role. But he's not a strong teacher and he doesn't have a shit ton of depth of personality beyond being driven. So he tends to not empathize well with others. In some groups that's okay, but for the healers....there's a lot of personality management and he's not great at it. I suspect getting laid a little more often would seriously make him a much more managable person.

For us, the big shortage right now is tanks. Healers we have in bulk, DPS not quite as much. The moment I sign on I can put together a group. I do try to make sure I mix up who I run with to avoid clique perception and to make sure that DPS has a chance to grab gear. But I'm sure the fact that I don't suffer fools gladly annoys some.

Also, if any of you come sniffing around looking for healers, I will fucking shiv you. Nothing personal but I will cut any of you up. Just saying.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    If I want to grind Gnomeregan Exiles rep, Runecloth isn't the best way still, is it?

Is it the only rep you need? If so, then yes. If you need the other alliance city reps, grind out the quests for them. You'll get a bunch of rep that bleeds over into Gnomer.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Trying to challenge Maka for realm-firsts or something?

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

That is the best way to do it.

However, if you ever do AV for tokens/honor then make sure to do as many turn ins as you can. You get about 10% of the rep you would have for Ironforge. That is how people became exalted with Exodar before BC came out.

MEGAMERICAN on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It'd be pretty hard to maintain a 7-day schedule given there's only like, 3 days of raid content available, tops.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Trying to challenge Maka for realm-firsts or something?

Us? Naw. We don't give a shit about that as a guild. He was more thinking in terms of being prepared for Uldman. And we did smack him around till he saw sense. Realm firsts are all fine and good but we're also a raiding guild that has a history going back to MC. We've taken throphies from every instance Blizzard has put out. And not many guilds can say that.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    there's only like, 3 days of raid content available, tops.

Not if you wipe enough!

Damn healers. Wiping on saph because you (the tank) don't get a heal for 8 seconds is pretty cool. Probably the dps's fault for standing in blizzard, though.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    edited December 2008

All it means is you have to be familiar with your latency, and stick closer to the mob in front the higher you latency is

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »

All it means is you have to be familiar with your latency, and stick closer to the mob in front the higher you latency is

The real trick to frogger was to just to run right behind the mob you were trying to pass rather than in front of it.

Junpei on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    For us, the big shortage right now is tanks.
    Whoa hey what?

I mean I haven't logged on in two months but if you can haz tank spots I'll buy Wrath and level Myca post-haste.

Salvation122 on
This discussion has been closed.