As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Raid Thread - Naxxramas? Didn't we do this 2 years ago?

1575859606163»

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    For us, the big shortage right now is tanks.
    Whoa hey what?

I mean I haven't logged on in two months but if you can haz tank spots I'll buy Wrath and level Myca post-haste.

It's a shortage in proportion to the rest of our population. We have more then enough tanks for raiding. We don't have enough tanks to meet heroic 5 man demand.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    being prepared for Uldman

Aaahhhh the troggs nooooooo...

Ten-mans always make things messy. Like you said, it happened with Kara and it's certainly happening now. The thing is, they're glorified heroics. And while ideally everyone in a guild likes playing with everyone else and ideally there is an equal skill level across the board, in practice this is not true. So people are going to tend towards wanting their ten-man groups to include their friends and/or people they know they work well with. Last night I had to finish some freelance work at home, so I suggested to my boyfriend that he not join the ten-man that was "scheduled" and let the other tanks do it so that we could start a second/third run over the weekend and I could go with him. So he went out for the night to watch sports or something.

I'm not sure if word got around that we were planning to run later or what, but as they were rolling off spots (like 25 people joined the raid at first) the people from my previous ten-man group suddenly seemed to realize that if they dropped out they could run with us again this weekend. Last week was a great group, we cleared everything quickly and learned Malygos, and with the exception of one annoying mage, everyone got along, so most of us expressed the hope that we could run again like that this week.

It's not like Thursday was a raid night officially, no one was required to run ten-mans with the guild, but it did seem a little sketchy that suddenly those specific people didn't want to go. It's got "secret A team" written all over it, though it was not intentional. The thing is, what do you do about that? Are we even responsible for making rules about ten-man group composition? As long as most people get a chance to go, why should we tell people they can't run with their friends? It's like telling people they have to take so-and-so to their heroic group, guild orders! Meh, it's messy.

riz on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah there's a big healer shortage on my server and on my guild too. We only have 6 healers in the whole guild at 80 and of those, 1 is really more of an alt, 2 are paladins who spent all of BC as Prot/Ret and want to go back for 25 mans, 1 is an initiate.

Of those, 3 paladins, 2 shaman, one priest (the alt).

All our druids are casual, I think the highest one right now is 76, and the priest alt is the only active priest in the entire guild at any level.

Oh but we have a shitton of paladins though, we have a paladin for every occasion. Thanks a lot Blizzard.

I'm trying to get one of the paladins to give me their 70 priest so I can heal for the guild because there's no way we can think about 25 mans right now with the rest of our healers probably 2+ weeks away from being 80 and geared.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It'd be pretty hard to maintain a 7-day schedule given there's only like, 3 days of raid content available, tops.

Sure you can, if you raid like 1 or 2 hours a day.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    End wrote: »
    It'd be pretty hard to maintain a 7-day schedule given there's only like, 3 days of raid content available, tops.

Sure you can, if you raid like 1 or 2 hours a day.

That's vastly more impractical than just doing 3 4-5 hour sessions over the week.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I used an extreme case. :P

We only raid 3 hours per raid though, so we tend to be a little bit curtailed. It's not really something we can change though without de-merging the guild, and nobody wants that. (Edit: For the record, we have a lot of east and west coast people)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    If I want to grind Gnomeregan Exiles rep, Runecloth isn't the best way still, is it?

Someone please tell me it's not the best way still.

That is the best way to do it.

However, if you ever do AV for tokens/honor then make sure to do as many turn ins as you can. You get about 10% of the rep you would have for Ironforge. That is how people became exalted with Exodar before BC came out.

I should do that then. My warrior is a new char so I haven't done any of the BGs yet.

Also, I'm revered with 4 of the Alliance factions and Exalted with Stormwind.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If I want to grind Gnomeregan Exiles rep, Runecloth isn't the best way still, is it?

Someone please tell me it's not the best way still.

That is the best way to do it.

However, if you ever do AV for tokens/honor then make sure to do as many turn ins as you can. You get about 10% of the rep you would have for Ironforge. That is how people became exalted with Exodar before BC came out.

I should do that then. My warrior is a new char so I haven't done any of the BGs yet.

Also, I'm revered with 4 of the Alliance factions and Exalted with Stormwind.
    Actually, it's 25% of the rep you get with Ironforge, not 10%. So it's better than he made it sound, but it's still pretty damn slow.

The best turnins, by the way, are the 5 Storm Crystal (Blood for horde) ones, since you get 75 IF rep a pop for that. The single Storm Crystal turnins are worth only 10 rep, so there's a 50% bonus for turning them in 5 at a time.

forty on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I find that the biggest problem with that method of gaining rep is how short AV games are these days. Hearth back to the fortress too soon, and you lose out on rep from other bodies you could've looted. Hearth (or try to hearth) back too late and you risk losing out on all of it with those crystals sitting in your bags, useless. I found it to be a pretty good source of rep (though I'm revered with Exodar, Darnassus and Gnomeregon as I recall, so it's not quite as good as the IF rep was/would be).

I could put some time working towards Loremaster achievements and gain rep through regular old world quests, but I just can't be bothered fighting things 60 levels below me for 2 silver and 50 ____ rep. I know there's some good ones that give 500 for each alliance faction, but I'd have to hunt down a list of those to see if it was worth using for the last 6k or so per faction I need for exalted.

That said, 3 more factions at exalted and 3 more to buy mounts from would be a nice boon.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    I find that the biggest problem with that method of gaining rep is how short AV games are these days. Hearth back to the fortress too soon, and you lose out on rep from other bodies you could've looted. Hearth (or try to hearth) back too late and you risk losing out on all of it with those crystals sitting in your bags, useless. I found it to be a pretty good source of rep (though I'm revered with Exodar, Darnassus and Gnomeregon as I recall, so it's not quite as good as the IF rep was/would be).

I could put some time working towards Loremaster achievements and gain rep through regular old world quests, but I just can't be bothered fighting things 60 levels below me for 2 silver and 50 ____ rep. I know there's some good ones that give 500 for each alliance faction, but I'd have to hunt down a list of those to see if it was worth using for the last 6k or so per faction I need for exalted.

That said, 3 more factions at exalted and 3 more to buy mounts from would be a nice boon.

You'll complete the rep grind way, way short of the Loremaster achievements. If you just go through and do the starting area quests for each city it's a pretty huge amount of rep.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

You'll complete the rep grind way, way short of the Loremaster achievements. If you just go through and do the starting area quests for each city it's a pretty huge amount of rep.

Even if I'm level 80?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Even if I'm level 80?

Rep from mobs scales with level. Rep from quests does not. There is no penalty applied to quest rep.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Even if I'm level 80?

Rep from mobs scales with level. Rep from quests does not. There is no penalty applied to quest rep.

Off to Dun Morgoh with me!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Even if I'm level 80?

Except that time that I went and did all the Eversong quests on my druid and got like ~25 Silvermoon rep per quest...

Has that been fixed then?
    I find that the biggest problem with that method of gaining rep is how short AV games are these days. Hearth back to the fortress too soon, and you lose out on rep from other bodies you could've looted. Hearth (or try to hearth) back too late and you risk losing out on all of it with those crystals sitting in your bags, useless.
    I find that the biggest problem is that you need to download a frigging add-on just to be able to mass turn-in trash items. Why the hell is this not built into the interface over 3.5 years after AV's release?

forty on
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Yeah there's a big healer shortage on my server and on my guild too. We only have 6 healers in the whole guild at 80 and of those, 1 is really more of an alt, 2 are paladins who spent all of BC as Prot/Ret and want to go back for 25 mans, 1 is an initiate.

Of those, 3 paladins, 2 shaman, one priest (the alt).

All our druids are casual, I think the highest one right now is 76, and the priest alt is the only active priest in the entire guild at any level.

Oh but we have a shitton of paladins though, we have a paladin for every occasion. Thanks a lot Blizzard.

I'm trying to get one of the paladins to give me their 70 priest so I can heal for the guild because there's no way we can think about 25 mans right now with the rest of our healers probably 2+ weeks away from being 80 and geared.

Alliance?

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    forty wrote: »

Even if I'm level 80?

Except that time that I went and did all the Eversong quests on my druid and got like ~25 Silvermoon rep per quest...

Has that been fixed then?
    I find that the biggest problem with that method of gaining rep is how short AV games are these days. Hearth back to the fortress too soon, and you lose out on rep from other bodies you could've looted. Hearth (or try to hearth) back too late and you risk losing out on all of it with those crystals sitting in your bags, useless.
    I find that the biggest problem is that you need to download a frigging add-on just to be able to mass turn-in trash items. Why the hell is this not built into the interface over 3.5 years after AV's release?

I had almost all of my rep grinds done prior to 3.0. So yes it has been fixed. Or the quests in question are simply low rep ones.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.